AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-18, 11:38   Link #1
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Nintendo DS or Sony PSP?

I can only choose one. So far my preference is the PSP since i am more of a Playstation fan. Cant help it if most of the memorable RPGs /RTS are released as PS2 titles. I absolutely love playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:08   Link #2
NinjaServ

This thread already exists on the forum, please use the SEARCH to find it.
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:17   Link #3
Wizard Slayer
teh Wizard Slayer

I would personaly go for a psp, why do you need a 2nd screen for most of the games that will start arent realy going to use it
and dont forget:
POKEMON ON 2 SCREENS = mental brake down
Wizard Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:32   Link #4
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Slayer
I would personaly go for a psp, why do you need a 2nd screen for most of the games that will start arent realy going to use it
and dont forget:
POKEMON ON 2 SCREENS = mental brake down
It's not about the two screens, it's mostly about the TOUCH screen, this provides a unique gameplay unmatched by anything before, but then again if you haven't played one yet it's hard to understand this.

Now PLEASE, SOMEONE close this thread and point these ppl to the PROPER thread on this ALREADYED started...
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:39   Link #5
LynnieS

PSP:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25239
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25143

DS:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24233

You're on your own for the "closing the thread" part.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 12:56   Link #6
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
im getting both..hehe
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 14:57   Link #7
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
n ds looks bulky, i played with it and im still not convince though, I would preferr Psp more, since well... well you'll see.. harhar..
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 16:08   Link #8
Kakashi8489

http://news.com.com/PlayStation+Port...3-5487445.html

Eh,
"The PSP will also have to solve some technical challenges, most notably concerns about battery life. Sony estimates that a fully charged PSP battery will be good for four to six hours of game playing.

But Sony Computer Entertainment President Ken Kutaragi acknowledged in a Japanese press interview last month that those estimates were for playing a simple puzzle or card game with the screen dimmed, speakers turned off and wireless connectivity disabled. Turn on all the bells and whistles and load up a graphically complex racing game, and the battery will drain faster. Nintendo's market-leading Game Boy Advance SP, by contrast, runs for more than 10 hours between charges."

The PSP looks cool though. But, I think i'll get the DS. Since, I already trust Nintendo in the hand-held department, lol.
Kakashi8489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 16:17   Link #9
Re-Sound
Trombe Override!

I'm only getting the PSP bec. I heard a Shining Force game is going to be released in the psp.
Re-Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 17:40   Link #10
Ending

I wouldn't pay of either as computers and consoles do the same job far better. Okay, you can't have them on a journey, but that is why there are laptops and books.

But if it had to be one of them, I guess I would go with PSP, since the Big N tends to have a lot of kiddy-kiddy game. To be frank; Nintendo is a company made for children. If just PSP weren't of that old design that leaves the screen bare, unlike in DS.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 17:49   Link #11
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Anyone who still thinks Nintendo is kiddy should be shot.
They're not for kids. They're for people who want fun games with good gameplay. At least they try to innovate.

Just because they have Pokemon doesn't make them kiddy!
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 17:52   Link #12
HopelessLover

I'm getting both because I have a J-O-B (that spells out job for those who are too retarted to understand).
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 18:25   Link #13
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Ill pick up a DS when I either see Castlevania DS or Advance Wars DS and ill get a PSP when they fix it up and theres games I can't live without. Haven't heard about many games coming out for it besides Metal Gear Acid, and a metal gear card battle game doesn't exactly make me want to run out to the store to get it.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 19:24   Link #14
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Sound
I'm only getting the PSP bec. I heard a Shining Force game is going to be released in the psp.
YYOU SERIOUSS!!?? ~!!*Obseessed*...by any chancee do you also think a game called "Lufia" would rise in that platform..
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 20:48   Link #15
Shift_

I'll be getting a PSP...

But ofcourse I already own a DS
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 22:18   Link #16
Phantom Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
Anyone who still thinks Nintendo is kiddy should be shot.

that is a bit harsh though.

raise ur hand if u think playing a video game makes u feel mature!

I cant believe this "look cool" and "be good" thing has moved in on games... doing it to sports was bad enough.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 23:24   Link #17
江戸くん
ザ・トロール・ニンジャ

I'm only getting the PSP if they retain the "UMD shuriken" feature for the North American release.
江戸くん is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 02:51   Link #18
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 江戸くん
I'm only getting the PSP if they retain the "UMD shuriken" feature for the North American release.
It's the perfect assassin weapon...you can play games while waiting for your target, then when they come to the right place, bend your wrists, the UMD will fly out and kill them haha
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 05:02   Link #19
LynnieS

Getting both; okay, getting the PSP since I've already bought the DS. "Ridge Racer" looks really nice, and I'd like to give "Metal Gear Acid" and "Dynasty Warriors" a try as well. "Hot Shots Golf" looked great even on the tiny screen. The idea of region-free games (from Gamespot.com's coverage) is pretty good also; if shipments arrive regularly, I think I'll pick up a couple extras as late Christmas gifts or something and store up some favors.

The only problem is the stores in Tokyo that I went to are still out of PSPs, and no new shipment is in sight. The salesclerks looked really ticked off at my asking also; everyone is probably asking for the latest news not yet posted on ads.

People outside of Japan had better hope they get the kinks out of the shipping process, or you won't see the PSP till the second half of 2005, IMHO.

Have they announced the retail price of the PSP outside of Japan also? At 20,000 yen or so for the regular version and 25,000 yen for the deluxe package, I think they're almost giving the thing away here. An initial price of US$250, especially if there is a shortage continuing, probably wouldn't be out of the question and drop it at a later time.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 09:18   Link #20
Ending

@ Benoit

Why shouldn't I think they are a kiddy-kiddy company? Super Mario Sunshine was practically sugar-coated, Metroid Prime was made more flashy to appease younger gamers, the Wind Waker... Pfeh, do I even need to mention? Then there are, of course, those Paper Mario and Pokemon series that put the equal mark between "Nintendo" and "For Children" for sure -and it has been there for years.

So, anyone want to buy a purple Gamecube, or maybe a Toybox?
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote