AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-28, 22:56   Link #101
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yeah, but main series is main series. She will likely have an introduction (I hope it's more than this since she is important here), but she should eventually have a debut in Index and have some prominence. Shouldn't stay exclusive to one series given the situation revolving around the Sisters and that annoys me when series do that, lol. Like Will and most of the other clones. That's why I said "God knows how long that would take" since it can take a while for things to appear long mentioned before.
It could happen in other spin-off mangas like the Accelerator manga or in a possible movie or one of the special projects they are doing that we have no clue about yet... (can't wait for the 10th).

Though, one big thing I like about this series is that there is basically no filler anywhere at all... yes... some view silent party as filler... but let's not get into that now... (though I will say I was happy to see that even though Railgun S is only 8.26 on MAL, the Sisters arc is above 9 on MAL thank god... from reviews/comments I've seen...) Anything mentioned anywhere might be integrated into the story later, and the world is so large. It's rather nice. Gunha showing up in this arc was an example, I didn't expect him to show up elsewhere other than comedy, but he actually did (which I was hoping for which was nice). I mean he had a cameo before and fought Mikoto in the Railgun LN, but I still wasn't expecting that to happen, which was nice. (BTW it's also why I'm guessing Mikoto didn't react that weirdly to his appearance last chapter, if she already knows him at this point as an acquaintance...).

I was especially happy when
Spoiler for NT 9:
I wish Detective Conan did that... then DC would be closer to the same level as this series for me. (it'd be my second favorite for sure then...) But alas... It is why I fully enjoy this series.

Also, I'm still surprised the parameter list was mentioned here... I really hope that it's foreshadowing for that it will be a railgun-important issue eventually. That would be awesome for a future timeskip arc plot in railgun, especially since it would be relevant to all of the railgun MC's... I hope more important plot tie-ins happen in the future as well... Maybe it would be interesting if Kamachi also made some LN's now that were further back in the story's chronology to help set up some later events... but I guess he's just using the mangas to do that... though I'm sure that takes much more time... to do so...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:11   Link #102
GDB

I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a proper arc conclusion and it won't be quickly resolved off-panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I was especially happy when
Spoiler for NT 9:
I wish Detective Conan did that... then DC would be closer to the same level as this series for me. (it'd be my second favorite for sure then...) But alas... It is why I fully enjoy this series.
Well, it's easier to reference filler/AO material when there's only one or two arcs of it. Conan IS going on 750 episodes now. And any filler that changes the status quo seems to get references in the anime, such as the 13th movie (Raven Chaser). Plus multiple characters debuted in the anime before debuting in the manga, and were named based on their voice actor (Takagi, Chiba).

And if you're talking about spin-offs, the only spin-off is Magic Kaito (well, technically it came first, but it's much shorter), and so far Kaito, Aoko, and Hakuba have all appeared or been mentioned in Conan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:31   Link #103
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a proper arc conclusion and it won't be quickly resolved off-panel.

Well, it's easier to reference filler/AO material when there's only one or two arcs of it. Conan IS going on 750 episodes now. And any filler that changes the status quo seems to get references in the anime, such as the 13th movie (Raven Chaser). Plus multiple characters debuted in the anime before debuting in the manga, and were named based on their voice actor (Takagi, Chiba).

And if you're talking about spin-offs, the only spin-off is Magic Kaito (well, technically it came first, but it's much shorter), and so far Kaito, Aoko, and Hakuba have all appeared or been mentioned in Conan.
I was talking about "my father taught me that in Hawaii." and movies not usually getting referenced by the manga.

On-topic:

I guess it makes sense that with less anime material to work with it is easier to integrate filler into the storyline. That makes me wonder if railgun iii will be all daihasesai or have any room at all for filler... This arc was pretty long. Are we sure it ends next chapter or could it be like this chapter and add one more again?
Old 2014-04-29, 17:16   Link #104
Death Usagi
Banned

I think what the anime staff CAN do is either of the two:

1. Liberal Arts City arc first then move onto Daihaisai arc

2. Skip Liberal Arts City arc, where the whole 24 episode anime takes place in the Daihaisei Arc.

In terms of amount of contents, I'd say doing #1 option would be better as depending on the decisions, Daihaisei arc may not be able to fill in the entire 24 episodes.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 17:23   Link #105
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I think Daihaiseisai has surpassed Sister's arc... gotta have taken more episodes.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 17:25   Link #106
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I think what the anime staff CAN do is either of the two:

1. Liberal Arts City arc first then move onto Daihaisai arc

2. Skip Liberal Arts City arc, where the whole 24 episode anime takes place in the Daihaisei Arc.

In terms of amount of contents, I'd say doing #1 option would be better as depending on the decisions, Daihaisei arc may not be able to fill in the entire 24 episodes.
If they took the time to embellish the fight scenes I'm sure it could be 24 episodes long. I actually think it might even be too long, not too short.

Liberal Arts City is either a positive or a negative. On the positive it was foreshadowed and will please both railgun only fans and LN readers, on the negative it might mean changes to the story, and overdone fan-service...

But, how does the length of this arc compare to its Index counterpart? I remember the Index Daihasesai arc being the longest early arc. I'm wondering if the manga continues if the trend for arc length will be similar to that of the Index LN's.

For me the Railgun/Accelerator manga are somewhat of a what if Kamachi started from the beginning of a series with his later level of LN plot writing, and then watching people adore the already amazing product, without understanding the full evolution of his writing style over time. So I'm curious if he's going to make this similar to Index LN's, to NT, or just try to make it at a higher level than those things. As much as people want to admit the main series is always cooler/better than this, Kamachi is steadily improving in his writing ability, so this should be better than the earlier novels in most aspects...
Old 2014-04-29, 18:12   Link #107
Haigon

Quote:
I think Daihaiseisai has surpassed Sister's arc... gotta have taken more episodes.
Sister's arc had an average of around 35 pages per chapter. Daihaiseisai has around 18.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:14   Link #108
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Sister's arc had an average of around 35 pages per chapter. Daihaiseisai has around 18.
That's true. We're still not going to get LAC. It will have a filler arc right after.
Old 2014-04-29, 18:16   Link #109
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
That's true. We're still not going to get LAC. It will have a filler arc right after.
LAC should be animated before Daihaseisai or else only the LN readers will know who the hell Xochitl is. She'll just be there and nobody will know her connection with Saten at all...which would be weird...
Old 2014-04-29, 18:18   Link #110
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
LAC should be animated before Daihaseisai or else only the LN readers will know who the hell Xochitl is. She'll just be there and nobody will know her connection with Saten at all...which would be weird...
yeah, but after 2 seasons... is he really planning to do the SS? Nagai.
Old 2014-04-29, 18:41   Link #111
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Wasn't there that announcment "see you again in liberal arts city" at the end of Railgun S?
Old 2014-04-29, 18:48   Link #112
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Wasn't there that announcment "see you again in liberal arts city" at the end of Railgun S?
I think it was more like the four girl band declaring it at the end of the Silent Party Arc but I can't really remember. I've kinda tried to shut out as much of the Silent Party Arc as possible from my brain...

Can we move this discussion to the anime spoilers and speculation thread? We're starting to get off-topic here.
Old 2014-04-29, 19:19   Link #113
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm going to ask again: how does the length of the Railgun Daihasesai compare to the Index Daihasesai arc...? Clearly the Railgun Sisters arc is longer than the Index sisters arc for pretty obvious reasons, so ignoring that arc, what is the comparison between the two?
Old 2014-04-29, 21:20   Link #114
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm going to ask again: how does the length of the Railgun Daihasesai compare to the Index Daihasesai arc...? Clearly the Railgun Sisters arc is longer than the Index sisters arc for pretty obvious reasons, so ignoring that arc, what is the comparison between the two?
I can't really compare as we are comparing a Light novel and a manga somewhat @_@;

I think the Railgun is longer as we have multiple battles taking place in contrast to how Index version had few while it was pretty much a chase after Oriana.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 21:25   Link #115
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

For certain the Railgun one is on a larger scale.
Old 2014-04-29, 23:01   Link #116
GDB

Compared to the Sisters arc, this one seems to be about as long. Sisters arc, if I'm reading the chapter list properly, covered the entirety of volumes 4, 5, and 6 and about a fourth of volume 7. This arc has covered volumes 8, 9, and 10, and a little of the end of volume 7. Until it officially finishes, and volumes 10 and 11 officially release, we won't know how much of the next volume it bleeds into.

So far, I'd say they're equal in length if this arc ends on the next chapter. Otherwise, this will become slightly longer.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:42   Link #117
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Oh. I forgot you could use Volume length to deduce that.
Old 2014-05-24, 09:36   Link #118
zaeraal

There is a summary already out, but no spoiler pics, so it could be fake. Read with caution!

Spoiler for summary - japanese:
Spoiler for summary - english:

But if it is really the ending.. then how to describe my feelings?
Disappointment? I expected far more than that.
I hope that is not the real thing.

PS: if the part with next chapter is true, then there will be a 2 month hiatus?
This month is July issue, next is August, then September and then October issue which should come out 27.8. 2014
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 09:43   Link #119
Miraluka
Banned

Looks like it's over:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:23   Link #120
mark1246

seem like the misaki saving dolly sister will be the second half filler arc in season 3 of railgun agreed? like how the manga has loose end to be close up in the anime, but it suck for those who can't watch the show to see the closure for those with no internet
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote