AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-11-01, 11:54   Link #41
The Green One

For the love of god please no...... I don't need four more years of Trump because Hilary can't learn her lesson.
Old 2018-11-01, 16:22   Link #42
Key Board
Carbon

Have you noticed how much Fox News and Trump base talks about the Clintons?
They're still talking about her emails and benghazi
They probably do believe that she's going to run again

In a twist of irony, maybe Clinton bought into that hype.
Or she's reverse trolling them.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2018-11-01, 21:20   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't think they care whether Clinton will run again. She's just a convenient rallying point for faux outrage. "Lock her up!" still reverberates at Trump rallies, though now she has cellmates like FL gov candidate Andrew Gillum and George Soros. Both gentlemen were the targets of "Lock him up!" chants at recent Trump events.
Old 2018-11-02, 18:00   Link #44
Toukairin
Banned

For me, the game changer is Joe Biden. If he chooses to run, everyone better stand out of the way. If he doesn't, then it's a more open race.
Old 2018-11-02, 19:53   Link #45
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
For me, the game changer is Joe Biden. If he chooses to run, everyone better stand out of the way. If he doesn't, then it's a more open race.
It's Nothing but my opinion, he is much more more sympathic and can work a crowd better than most others corporate dem (while still being one) but is very likely to crash his campaing by doing or saying Something incredibely stupid like before. If he run, got the nomination and his staff can keep him for sinking his run he could win.
Old 2018-11-02, 20:17   Link #46
GDB

You can't seriously look at the real world and say silly gaffes mean anything anymore.
Old 2018-11-02, 21:53   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You can't seriously look at the real world and say silly gaffes mean anything anymore.
Despite what's going on when Trump opens his mouth or tweets, the standard still isn't the same for anyone other than Trump. So I actually agree there is a chance Biden sabotages his own campaign.

Trump was saying a lot of crap that went no where. When Hilary said "deplorable" it resonated and energized the conservative voting base. So yeah.....

Also, Biden has this groping problem that I'm sure will be highlighted when he runs in these days of #metoo movement.
Old 2018-11-06, 21:28   Link #48
coded321
He Who Games

the sad truth of the republican party today, regardless of whether the democrats win the house or not.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-party/574987/
Old 2018-11-06, 22:25   Link #49
Newhope

I am going to bed so much for a blue wave Dems have under performed significantly so far, i am expecting to wake up to the usual blame the Russians headlines.
Old 2018-11-06, 22:38   Link #50
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Poll don't close on the West Coast for another twenty minutes or so. After that is Alaska and Hawaii.
Old 2018-11-06, 22:44   Link #51
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Poll don't close on the West Coast for another twenty minutes or so. After that is Alaska and Hawaii.
As it stands it's pretty much over unless something strange happens, Dems get there's arse's kicked in the senate and narrowly win the house, overall not looking good for them for 2020.
Old 2018-11-06, 22:45   Link #52
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I am going to bed so much for a blue wave Dems have under performed significantly so far, i am expecting to wake up to the usual blame the Russians headlines.
I mean, so far they're doing as well as expected, with them likely taking the house and numerous governor positions.
Old 2018-11-06, 22:47   Link #53
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
I mean, so far they're doing as well as expected, with them likely taking the house and numerous governor positions.
Nah they where expected to do alot better in the house than they currently doing.
Old 2018-11-06, 23:04   Link #54
coded321
He Who Games

And with the Senate, the Democrats were at a disadvantage, with at least 10 Democrat seats up for reelection in red states. That's why the dems were not expected to win the senate. it would have taken nothing less than a miracle for the democrats to take the senate.
Furthermore, the Republicans had gerrymandered the hell out of their states' voting districts, and passed dozens of BS voter laws to ensure they had the advantage. if anything, democrats did well in spite of all the disadvantages they had. i guess sadly, a blue wave was just too optimistic. with democrats taking the governor and legislature seats in some of those gerrymandered states, it should help with the 2020 election.

Last edited by coded321; 2018-11-06 at 23:45.
Old 2018-11-06, 23:51   Link #55
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
And with the Senate, the Democrats were at a disadvantage, with at least 10 Democrat seats up for reelection in red states. That's why the dems were not expected to win the senate. it would have taken nothing less than a miracle for the democrats to take the senate.
Furthermore, the Republicans had gerrymandered the hell out of their states' voting districts, and passed dozens of BS voter laws to ensure they had the advantage. if anything, democrats did well in spite of all the disadvantages they had. i guess sadly, a blue wave was just too optimistic. with democrats taking the governor and legislature seats in some of those gerrymandered states, it should help with the 2020 election.
It is a very good summary for the evening, thank you.

Still, I'm disappointed that voters didn't push Beto O'Rourke and Andrew Gillum across the finish line though. Seriously, I don't know how people can proudly vote for flat and boring politicians like Ted Cruz and Ron DeSantis (who also spouted a racist remark early on). I wonder if people have forgotten the need for genuine and more human people who represent the state and who respond to their needs in the best way possible.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-11-07 at 00:04.
Old 2018-11-06, 23:52   Link #56
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Yeah there's going to be a lot of reflecting after this. It's not bad but I think people were expecting too much.
Old 2018-11-06, 23:53   Link #57
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Bleh disappointing given what's at stake yet people still are doing the head under sand thing.

But it is something.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2018-11-07, 00:27   Link #58
Toukairin
Banned

If I am Beto O'Rourke, I would throw my name into a hat and go for 2020. Even if he doesn't win the nomination, the race would definitely get spicier with him going for the DNC ticket. He has such a natural ability as a speaker.
Old 2018-11-07, 00:37   Link #59
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Bleh disappointing given what's at stake yet people still are doing the head under sand thing.

But it is something.
it would take nothing less than a great depression or nuclear war before hardcore trump supporters would even consider turning away from trump. the past two years has essentially been trump pandering to his base and blaming whatever problems they had during previous administrations on the democrats.
as long as they feel that he is responding to their needs, and that his decisions dont negatively affect them directly, they won't give a damn what he says or does.
ironically in ohio, opposite to florida, the republican candidate for governor won by distancing himself away from trump, unlike desantis who made himself a trump clone.

Last edited by coded321; 2018-11-07 at 00:54.
Old 2018-11-07, 01:06   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

At least hopefully there is a little bit of check now in the check-and-balances now between the Trump party and the Democrats.
I tell you, such a wonderful system doesn't work when... well, it doesn't work.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread