3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-25, 06:47   Link #121
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
To be honest, when Reiji grabbed the right arm, I thought he was going to...

Hah, that would've been nice, but it probably would ruin the mood.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 07:56   Link #122
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes, that was addressed in my points as well.
Also, Fellini was at that same status before his "Aibou" speech. His mech basically was powered down (Only the lights on the crest were lit up, eye lights were off). Fellini didn't lose then, SBS didn't lose now.

It's clear that the gunpla being at the state does not mean a loss.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 09:40   Link #123
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually, while the stuff we see here seemed new, all of them have been set up in previous episodes:

- Aila and Reiji's "newtype understanding" moment with their crystals is the basis for the Chairman to use the Arista as a method of mind control.
- It's also the basis for Aila to know about Yuuki being mind controlled by Embody, as both she and the Chairman had the plavsky crystals, and thus she can hear his thoughts.
- The Embody system and its applications are obviously from Barthes and the Flana institute.
- The third discharge system has been teased since episode 10, and we know it was called "Aqua Mode".
- Star Build Strike being able to move after being powered down: it was recharging, as shown in Sei's screen when he was moping (a large yellow "CHARGE" sign on his screen).
- The SBS' leg has always had that Power Gate emitter since it debuted, this is just the first time we've seen it do anything.
- The Star Build Strike's Power Gates used in the Discharge system have all been shown to do one thing: to power up and propel whatever goes through them. Thus, the sword shooting is a logical application of said power.

That just leaves us with only the Power Gate missile spam, and that's about the only unexplainable "asspull", and honestly it didn't even do much. Finally, the Double Build Knuckle is just a Discharge-enhanced Build Knuckle used ala GaoGaiGar Hell and Heaven, it's at least the most awesome of the Build Knuckles to actually watch, and does have a logical reason for being as powerful as it is.

Actually, from the preview it seems like its animating an entirely new type of army, as seen with a new type of white mobile suit we haven't seen before.
Actually its not plot armor at all for the first time in anime we have some one using their ability's that they have always had and not randomly talking out loud to them self about how said ability works in a extremely unrealistic manner.
Old 2014-03-25, 10:33   Link #124
Yesman
PMS Avenger

There are already fan theories about the final episode, with Amuro being the King of Arian....
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 18:11   Link #125
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Regardless, even if it's just a matter of character. It's a fighting competition, and it's the final. It's perfectly legitimate for anyone to get really serious.
Yuuki has ALWAYS been serious even in his earlier fights, the problem that everyone noted was that his fighting style was quite different, and closer to that of the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
There are already fan theories about the final episode, with Amuro being the King of Arian....
-chokes on drink before laughing uncontrollably-
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 19:19   Link #126
Death Usagi
Banned

So wait, is that huge structure at the end really A Baoa Qu?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 19:57   Link #127
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
So wait, is that huge structure at the end really A Baoa Qu?
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyup.

The wonderful space fortress A Baoa Qu! As to what relevance it has, well... I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that that's NOT where Reiji is from.
Old 2014-03-25, 20:09   Link #128
Death Usagi
Banned

I think that Mashita is going to get arrested regardless whether it be by Arian or down at Earth, for breaking tons of Gunpla laws and even civil laws of brainwashing Kawaguchi.

So he is pretty much screwed. Maybe Baker too since she was the one who brought up the plans.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 20:29   Link #129
Galaxian

Quote:
I think that Mashita is going to get arrested regardless whether it be by Arian or down at Earth, for breaking tons of Gunpla laws and even civil laws of brainwashing Kawaguchi.

So he is pretty much screwed. Maybe Baker too since she was the one who brought up the plans.
But mostly because of the Gunpla laws
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 20:44   Link #130
Skye629

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
But mostly because of the Gunpla laws
And I damn sure hope its Takeshi who puts the cuffs on them
Old 2014-03-26, 01:12   Link #131
monster

Isn't the PPSE in charge? Would Takeshi even have any authority to arrest the Chairman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Yuuki has ALWAYS been serious even in his earlier fights, the problem that everyone noted was that his fighting style was quite different, and closer to that of the Second
The fact that it's considered a problem is my problem with it.
Old 2014-03-26, 01:15   Link #132
Skye629

Quote:
They were stating such out of concern for Yuuki though.....I really dont see what the issue you have with this is
Old 2014-03-26, 01:25   Link #133
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
They were stating such out of concern for Yuuki though.....I really dont see what the issue you have with this is
My issue is that this was something to be concerned about. It shouldn't be.
Old 2014-03-26, 04:18   Link #134
Skye629

Quote:
My issue is that this was something to be concerned about. It shouldn't be.
So someone that starts exhibiting traits/behavior that goes completely against their known nature/personality is NOT a cause for concern?

Really now?

Thats always a big sign that something is going on
Old 2014-03-26, 06:18   Link #135
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

GunplA-LAWS.

...ahem, sorry.
Old 2014-03-26, 06:56   Link #136
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Imagine if a good player, looked up and idolized by others, say Michael Jordan, suddenly went into a game and started going for borderline illegal moves and fouls, that would be a big deal for everyone. Everyone would be asking "WTF is wrong with this person?".

It's an even bigger problem because earlier, Yuuki was promising Sei and Reiji a good, clean and fun fight. And then suddenly in the match that was supposed to bring those, they got a Yuuki who's suddenly ruthless and acting like a dick. Considering GBF is primarily an anime about ideals and whatnot, a respected character not acting respectably is a problem.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 07:03   Link #137
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm wondering about how PPSE is not in charge of the refereeing organization Takeshi is part of. Unless the referees are an independent organization created to safeguard the "purity" of the game.

Although, once PPSE is out of the way, it will be revealed that Baker is actually part of the referees, who reveals PPSE's president as a small man who cannot achieve anything, and in doing so lead to her founding the G-LAWS to internationally police Gunpla.

And a few other things in the process.

Leading to a distortion in the world.

That Yuuki seeks to intervene with Gunpla.

Culminating in a duel to the death with the O Gundam Dark Matter versus Build Strike Repair II.

*ahem*

Old 2014-03-26, 07:23   Link #138
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*shot MeisterBabylon with sniper rifle*

"He knows too much"
Old 2014-03-26, 12:40   Link #139
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Anyone else besides me thought Yuki, Sei and Reiji would have another fight after this?

Especially seeing how it was the true battle they wanted.
Old 2014-03-26, 13:08   Link #140
RX93-2
White Unicorn

One of the Super-serieus-about-silly-games staples is that one of the final moments is a for fun game between old rivals turned friends.

So I can totally see the series closing on Reji going home, after which Yuuki challenges Sei to a gunpla battle to cheer him up. It would be cliche in a good way
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote