AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-21, 19:01   Link #121
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tsutsui (original author) has a strong ideological bent towards rogue cops and strong-arm politicians. Not surprising that some of those sympathies would find their way into the anime.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 19:32   Link #122
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't think Daisuke killed her since he could have killed her several times prior to this if he wanted to. I think she was probably killed by her boss to keep her from talking.
Yeah, Daisuke had no reason to want her dead because he wanted her alive and talking. But others might assume he was trying to protect his family from whatever she knew.
Quote:
Kato is kind of just here this episode, wondering what's going on the whole time and his stubborn sense of justice kinda sorta put that woman in line to be killed. It's not his fault, but still...
I think what got her killed was letting her call her boss, who figured she had become a liability they needed to take out.

I think Kato will end up being what bridges Daisuke and Cho together to solve the case because he's the only one who seems to believe they can all work together.
Old 2020-08-22, 01:51   Link #123
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think what got her killed was letting her call her boss, who figured she had become a liability they needed to take out.
Maybe calling the boss wasn't even necessary, if said boss has the kind of access to Heusc that have been hinted at.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 13:17   Link #124
Frontier

So Daisuke's reason for becoming a detective was basically to solve the death of his parents. His mother was murdered, his father was implicated and then committed suicide, and there's still a mystery as to what happened and what the murder was for. Given his parents were both scientists, I have to imagine it was involved with that experiment the Kambe group were involved in .

Did Shigemaru kill his wife? It's suspicious that she was living away from the mansion and then he's nowhere to be found after his wife's murder until his suicide, but even that suicide was suspicious. Maybe she had to be away from home because of what she knew and who she was hiding from, which wasn't necessarily her husband (but he knew where she was, so he visited her). And that's the mastermind behind all this .

How much does grandma Kambe know? Was she just trying to protect her son from whatever was going on without knowing the details ?

In that family picture there's Daisuke's mom holding him, a man and a woman on the right, grandma Kambe, and a man with a young boy. Are the man and the woman Suzue's parents? Is the boy the other Kambe heir ?

So Takei used to be Cho's partner, and even missed his child's birth because of the investigation. It's tough being a cop .

Kiyomizu was actually this serious and efficient police guy before he let himself go in Modern Crimes, but I guess when you're treated as a sacrificial lamb by your department and shipped off to a seemingly useless department, you stop caring .

Poor Kato's car .

Hey, Daisuke's already admitted to tampering with Imura's car. What's some more crime like kidnapping and manipulating the practical head of police going to hurt ?

So the police upper brass were in on it and pressured Takei into sabotaging the investigation by taking the key away, and he's been living with that guilt all this time. Cho seems to understand why he did it, but Kato is probably disillusioned to see man he respected end up admitting he fell prey to corruption .
Old 2020-08-27, 14:57   Link #125
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So Daisuke's reason for becoming a detective was basically to solve the death of his parents. His mother was murdered, his father was implicated and then committed suicide,
Or faked his death. There is a faction in the Kambe family apart from Daisuke, and that faction has a higher access to Heusc. Maybe it's headed by his father.
Old 2020-08-27, 15:13   Link #126
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or faked his death. There is a faction in the Kambe family apart from Daisuke, and that faction has a higher access to Heusc. Maybe it's headed by his father.
I guess it wouldn't be that hard to forge dental records, especially if some of the police were in on it...
Old 2020-08-27, 15:59   Link #127
Irenesharda

Yeah, I'm actually thinking that his father is alive, which is why Daisuke asked about him before to Imura.

I wouldn't be surprised if his father had the mother killed and faked his own death, and Daisuke knew that all this time which is why he said that he can't be the head of the company yet. His father is still technically the head.

Being a chemist, I was interesting in the metal they were looking at, but of course its complete gibberish.
Most of the elements in the formula exist, except of course there is no element M. And there is no way you could combine all those elements before the whole thing would become unstable and fall apart.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 16:02   Link #128
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Yeah, I'm actually thinking that his father is alive, which is why Daisuke asked about him before to Imura.

I wouldn't be surprised if his father had the mother killed
If Cho's investigation is to be believed, he not only killed her himself, he left an eyewitness. Weird. Maybe it wasn't premeditated and everything else was a scramble to cover it up?

Quote:
and faked his own death, and Daisuke knew that all this time which is why he said that he can't be the head of the company yet. His father is still technically the head.
He said he'd never be the head.
Old 2020-08-27, 17:30   Link #129
Irenesharda

Quote:
If Cho's investigation is to be believed, he not only killed her himself, he left an eyewitness. Weird. Maybe it wasn't premeditated and everything else was a scramble to cover it up?

He said he'd never be the head.
It does seem weird that they'd leave a witness. However, if its not the dad, I can't see who else it would be? Considering they're laying this out as a mystery, I have to think it was somebody we've seen or heard of before.

Looking at the pictures, we can see Daisuke has relatives we haven't seen yet. It could be one of them.

As for him never being the head, maybe he wants nothing to do with the company that got his mother and supposedly his father, murdered?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-08-27, 18:06   Link #130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At this point, the father being truly dead would be an actual twist. It's totally obvious he's alive and the mastermind behind all of this. Too obvious in fact, surely the plot can't be this simple? Then again, it's not like this show's writing has ever been its strong suit.

I didn't pay too much attention to the pictures, was Suzue in any of them?
Old 2020-08-27, 18:39   Link #131
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
At this point, the father being truly dead would be an actual twist. It's totally obvious he's alive and the mastermind behind all of this. Too obvious in fact, surely the plot can't be this simple? Then again, it's not like this show's writing has ever been its strong suit.

Honestly, if he was really a mastermind, why would he make it look so obvious he killed his wife? I assume the suicide note confessed to the murder. Then again Daisuke didn't mention his father's death so maybe he thinks Shigemura really did it.

Unless Suzue had a sex change I didn't see her in the big family picture unless the couple on the right were her parents.
Old 2020-08-27, 19:27   Link #132
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

We see two pictures with babies in them. One has a baby in pink outfit and another has a baby in a blue outfit. Maybe the pink one was actually Suzue?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-08-28, 17:10   Link #133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Honestly, if he was really a mastermind, why would he make it look so obvious he killed his wife? I assume the suicide note confessed to the murder. Then again Daisuke didn't mention his father's death so maybe he thinks Shigemura really did it.

Unless Suzue had a sex change I didn't see her in the big family picture unless the couple on the right were her parents.
Maybe it simply wasn't a premeditated crime.
Old 2020-09-03, 13:43   Link #134
Frontier

Daisuke even has his own holding cell in his Batcave? Violation of rights aside, he really does seem like he'd be better off as a vigilante than an actual police officer. He doesn't even trust the police anymore, and he is the police .

So what ultimately set Daisuke on the path to becoming the man he is today is running away from home to see his mom only to witness his father murdering her in cold blood and the ensuing coverup. Yeah, that'd mess anybody up .

Seems like what ultimately drove the Kambe's part is whatever Adollium is. Sayuri didn't believe her husband's claims that it wouldn't be misused in his hands so she left (probably with crucial research about the project), and Shigemura took it as a slight against him and murdered her .

Was that Mamiko Noto as Sayuri? Sounded like her. Would she really only get two lines though ?

How much does the grandmother know? She seems to be keeping quite because of how dirty the business became and out of respect for her family but she seemed to witness the point where Shigemura decided to drive to kill Sayuri (was Hattori in on it?). She definitely seems to know more than she's letting on .

Poor Kato. He doesn't get any help on the research and gets stuck with the distraction job .

So not only is HEUSC restricting information but he's actively deleting any evidence they might find online. They might really need to re-program him .

Well, that was certainly a compromising position for Daisuke and Suzue...I'm probably still going to be questioning their relationship until the end of this series .

All those death flags about Cho's retirement came due...but at least Takei stood with him in the end to fend off Shigemura, finally restoring his honor as a police officer .

I get the original plan was for Cho and Takei to take the entrance out, but I think even Daisuke feels guilty enough about not going back when he doesn't even fight off Kato's accusations. At the end of the day he really isn't in control of things at this point .

So, all those police and paramedics at the Kambe Mansion...how exactly are they going to explain what happened? And why Takei was even there ?

Looks like Cho might have used his dice to leave some evidence behind? At least to identify Shigemura as the culprit? Anything to make sure their deaths weren't in vain .
Old 2020-09-03, 17:02   Link #135
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So, all those police and paramedics at the Kambe Mansion...how exactly are they going to explain what happened? And why Takei was even there ?
Same way they explain everything else: "we're an old, moneyed family".

It was all very stupid from beginning to end. Why do they trust Heusc at all? They know that the bad guys have more authority over it than they do. Why does Kato still worry about warrants at this point? Why was anyone surprised Shigemaru's still alive? (Unless it isn't him. Sayuri, maybe? She's the only one whose survival would be surprising.) Why didn't they shoot the intruder?
Old 2020-09-03, 17:26   Link #136
Frontier

Quote:
Same way they explain everything else: "we're an old, moneyed family".

It was all very stupid from beginning to end. Why do they trust Heusc at all? They know that the bad guys have more authority over it than they do. Why does Kato still worry about warrants at this point? Why was anyone surprised Shigemaru's still alive? (Unless it isn't him. Sayuri, maybe? She's the only one whose survival would be surprising.) Why didn't they shoot the intruder?
I mean, it wouldn't be Kato if he wasn't still trying to do this by the book against all odds .

Suzue had a taser(?). I guess Cho should've had a gun instead of handcuffs, if that would've done any good. It seems they don't have much in the way of physical guards.
Old 2020-09-03, 18:05   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Plenty of stupid stuff in this episode. Unless there's a big twist, this series is going to end up being a massive disappointment.
Old 2020-09-03, 21:39   Link #138
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

The mastermind finally appeared, and the two cops were waiting for him to nicely put his wrists out to be cuffed. But no, the big twist was he didn't. At the highest point of climax, this evil mastermind reached out for his most deadly weapon, a.... knife. And it was a big big knife.

With all the tech stuff, I thought he would take out a gun in a badass way or something. Anyways.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 22:31   Link #139
Decel

Not knowing where Suzue is in the family tree is irritating...
Old 2020-09-07, 02:08   Link #140
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
The mastermind finally appeared, and the two cops were waiting for him to nicely put his wrists out to be cuffed. But no, the big twist was he didn't. At the highest point of climax, this evil mastermind reached out for his most deadly weapon, a.... knife. And it was a big big knife.

With all the tech stuff, I thought he would take out a gun in a badass way or something. Anyways.
I had to reply because that part made me laugh out loud. I didn't even notice it when I was watching We've seen security drones and unknown chemicals involved in the plot but the villain had to rely on a good old fashioned kitchen knife to butcher 2 police officers It wasn't even the fact that Cho died, we all know the "it's days before my retirement and I'm too old for this shit so I'm sure I'm about to die" trope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Not knowing where Suzue is in the family tree is irritating...
She is Daisuke's cousin. From the pics shown before she's the other baby. She's in the main family's picture album so we can assume that one of her parents is a younger sibling of Shigemaru.

Quote:
It seems they don't have much in the way of physical guards.
Cho said that they needed to keep security light to draw out whoever it was Takei was very afraid of. The cell area was supposed to be the safest place with all those firewalls that no human could breach in a short amount of time, and it looked like they didn't count on Shigemaru being able to override the mansion's controls because he's supposed to be dead.

Quote:
Why do they trust Heusc at all?
You've seen how Daisuke is without his AI butler, and apart from his grandmother and Suzue Daisuke is supposed to be the "admin" since he's supposed to be the highest ranked Kambe left, so they had that illusion of control, then they found out there are things that Heusc can't tell them and that somebody has a higher clearance level than them that could deny them info about certain things.

They probably thought that the "access denied" part was set long ago before Shigemaru "died", but in this episode Suzue found out Heusc was actively preventing them from knowing stuff, so she did that bed scene.

All in all I think this was a set up to the reveal that Shigemaru was still alive, but we all saw that coming long ago, so the reveal fell flat.

Quote:
Why didn't they shoot the intruder?
Kato might complain that they shouldn't shoot suspects since that isn't the proper procedure

On a more serious note it looks like the plan was to use the 2 inside the cell as decoy, protected by all those layers of firewall while Daisuke goes to the mountain mansion to get info. They didn't count on the firewalls getting overridden, and Cho stayed on while telling Takei to use the escape tunnel to see who it was that was forced to come out. Again, we're supposed to be surprised that it was Shigemaru all along. Takei stayed behind out of a sense of duty I suppose.

Bah I might be wrong on some points but that's how I understood it.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote