AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-12, 15:09   Link #301
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Who knew all that theme song practice would pay off so much?

Also, the bit after Eleonor called Anos to the temple felt really disjointed. Things kinda just happened.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 16:21   Link #302
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's like the ending of the episode with Misha saying "Misha Necron never existed" except even more vague than that! Darn it Eleonore, "I'm magic" doesn't answer anything! Not until next week when we find out what kind of magic it is.

If nothing else it was impressive to see the depth of the respect Anos has for Kanon. The depth of his sacrifice and determination was truly incredible. The agony of having parts of his soul destroyed, regenerating, and continuing the struggle over and over again must have been spectacular. It honestly makes me wish we could get a prequel series that ended with the walls being brought down. We just haven't gotten a chance to see how truly amazing Kanon was. Though at least Anos' praise of him says volumes.

No shock that power of 8 beat out 10 million. For one the person they are empowering is already stupidly powerful. But beyond that it goes to emotion. The people obviously care to support the hero students, but it likely is a pretty shallow feeling. There's no comparing the power of 100,000 living in a war-type setting and 10 million having grown up in peace. The desperation and knowledge that if their heroes fall they will die would pull out so much more power. Not to mention Kanon would have been someone far more beloved by everyone that owed their lives to him.

I guess the setup for Sasha to step up while Anos was busy wasn't to be paid off this arc. Maybe in a volume that we're not going to see animated here . Still she and Ray did a fine job owning their opponents. And owning was the key part since they didn't really have to push themselves that hard.
Old 2020-09-12, 18:36   Link #303
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit sad that Misha did nothing except build a castle (granted, that's her area of expertise) when Sasha and Ray got to kick ass. Those guys were total scrubs (except the girl), that and Anos telling the teacher he isn't a reincarnation of Kanon pretty much tells us they aren't either.
Old 2020-09-12, 19:25   Link #304
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I certainly am curious about Eleonor's nature. Not usual you see someone say "I'm magic". Not "I'm magical" but literally "I am magic".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 19:45   Link #305
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Actually considering Eleanor uses "boku" its likely she's a reincarnation of someone or something regardless. Although whether she's some remnant of the true Kanon or someone else remains to be seen.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 00:45   Link #306
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm a bit sad that Misha did nothing except build a castle (granted, that's her area of expertise) when Sasha and Ray got to kick ass. Those guys were total scrubs (except the girl), that and Anos telling the teacher he isn't a reincarnation of Kanon pretty much tells us they aren't either.
Well she did get stabbed multiple times.... If nothing else she's in a better position to get to do something than Sasha or Ray are going forward. Since she's actually with Anos and Eleonore right now. No idea what's going to happen, but a chance exists for her to do something.
Old 2020-09-13, 00:47   Link #307
SilverGlavenus

For some reason, the art in this episode looks pretty solid, the animations too. The part where Misha gets impaled is beautifully drawn, strangely enough.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 02:51   Link #308
Random14

I really feel sorry for the third years after this, but then this particular group of first year students is very strong. Nice to see Sasha and Ray fight, especially with how Sasha usually has to be careful with her eyes. Well, it helps that they're fighting jerks with more power than sense.

With how both sides already have spells that shared strength (with the barriers and castles and all that), guess its not a surprise Anos could use that spell too. And who knew Anos' theme song would come in useful? A bit creepy when the fan club fell under the influence of whatever that voice is (if it can change them so fast, maybe its not a surprise all the heroes turned out like this).

So it wasn't just that Kanon had multiple sources that made him hard to kill, but to endure that kind of pain over and over, no wonder Anos respects him so much. Of course the teacher didn't even slow Anos down, but unraveling the rest of this messed up hero society will probably take even him a while. I'm sad this season is already almost over.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 03:49   Link #309
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well she did get stabbed multiple times....
A this point she may be used to it.
Old 2020-09-13, 07:23   Link #310
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Battle animation is the best so far compared to previous episodes. Also interesting how the antagonist actually use a malicious & vain version of Spirit Bomb-ish technique. It's amusing watching the protags on the receiving end of such shonen hopeful technique . But the anime doesn't entirely mock it, more like showing how vain it is if not used properly.

Also, the way Anos cherish his good-guy rival, Kanon, really reminds me of Kaiba .

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Fangirls singing over that cheesy 90s beat made my week I think.
It sounds more like early 2000s pop song to me. 90s female songs sound more like these:

Spoiler for saving space:

Still, I can't wait to get that insert song .
Old 2020-09-13, 08:57   Link #311
Huh...?

Well, there goes my theory that Eleonora is the Human form of Spirit God Human Sword "Evansmana", because that thing was sealed in the same place.
But Eleonora telling that she is "Magic", and the way she is currently shown (plus the fact she knew that a Human killed Kanon, and the next episode title being "Taboo Magic"), i guess she might really be something related to Kanon (but not really him or his incarnation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Well that was confusing, looks like they were talking about 4 students with the Kanon name, but the instructor also had that name. I thought there were only 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm guessing this means the teacher is also a "reincarnation of Kanon".
That Teacher or any of those four students aren't actually the reincarnation of Kanon (which is made clear by now in the Anime).
That Teacher just took the name of Kanon as his surname (in some way) to increase his societal value and also gain access to the Hero Academy to brainwash the Students. The 4 Student who are said to be Hero Kanon's reincarnation aren't real as well. They might be good, but its clear they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
but unraveling the rest of this messed up hero society will probably take even him a while. I'm sad this season is already almost over.
Well i am not sure how popular this series is, but the way the story has been showcased until now with not much feeling of plot rush (atleast compared to the Manga adaptation), i would say that there might actually be a chance of this series getting a Season 2.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 11:18   Link #312
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm really hoping this gets another season. If only because I can't see us getting a lot of information about Avos before this season is done. There's a good chance of course Avos had something to do with all this considering the history is wrong here too. But it feels more like that psycho Jerga is at the core of it.

Really hope that we can meet a reincarnated Kanon (who knows he's Kanon) before this is done. With the supreme level of respect Anos has for him it'd be cool to have him really appear to do something awesome. And fair enough. Got to respect someone who really was the only one that could even hope to hold the line against Anos. With how everyone else has been crushed throughout this series it does speak volumes of Kanon's ability and intense determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
A this point she may be used to it.
Now I've got to agree with what Anos said to Sasha back when she stabbed Misha. In comparison to this rage fueled assault, a simple stab and being done with that was pretty kind. Of course it makes total sense since it was done with a desire to save Misha and there's no way Sasha could have pushed herself to make it a truly brutal attack.
Old 2020-09-13, 11:43   Link #313
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
That Teacher or any of those four students aren't actually the reincarnation of Kanon (which is made clear by now in the Anime).
That Teacher just took the name of Kanon as his surname (in some way) to increase his societal value and also gain access to the Hero Academy to brainwash the Students. The 4 Student who are said to be Hero Kanon's reincarnation aren't real as well. They might be good, but its clear they aren't.
Huh, makes sense since Anos himself said that those students weren't Kanon's reincarnation, but I took that to mean that to Anos those students can't compare to the original. Thanks for clearing that up!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 11:55   Link #314
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ray being able to use two Holy Swords with ease increases the likelihood of him being Kanon's true reincarnation. Besides Anos-sama who can do everything, I doubt any other demon could do this.
Old 2020-09-13, 12:40   Link #315
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Ray being able to use two Holy Swords with ease increases the likelihood of him being Kanon's true reincarnation. Besides Anos-sama who can do everything, I doubt any other demon could do this.
His swordsman buddy could probably use anything even remotely sword-shaped.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 17:49   Link #316
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Thus why I used quotes on it. There's absolutely no way Kanon, who agreed to a plan for peace and promised to be Anos' friend if they reincarnated to the same time would scream "Kill the demons!" in the hearts of his new incarnations. As I said, I'm guessing it's the same with them as it is in the demon academy: someone twisted things so that their understanding of their hero is way off and thus their criteria for identifying "incarnations" is about as accurate as guessing someone's Abe Lincoln reincarnated because he's a liar and a racist.
Old 2020-09-13, 17:57   Link #317
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
His swordsman buddy could probably use anything even remotely sword-shaped.
I don't know, I'm thinking a demon wouldn't be able to use a Holy Sword for the same reason Holy Water weakens them greatly.
Old 2020-09-13, 18:07   Link #318
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
I don't know, I'm thinking a demon wouldn't be able to use a Holy Sword for the same reason Holy Water weakens them greatly.
Anos did say there's only one sword in existence that he can't wield, Kanon's personal blade. This strongly implies that he, and thus probably his sword-master friend, could probably wield just about any sword, holy or otherwise.
Old 2020-09-13, 18:14   Link #319
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Anos did say there's only one sword in existence that he can't wield, Kanon's personal blade. This strongly implies that he, and thus probably his sword-master friend, could probably wield just about any sword, holy or otherwise.
As I said, Anos can do just about anything, so that's not surprising. We can't use him as a measuring stick.
Old 2020-09-13, 19:02   Link #320
grecefar

8 > 10 millions is simple math...

Anos got curious of the conversation with ray and the "hero" kid, it seems is most likely that ray is the true reincarnation of kanon.

I'll give credit to the author, he knows to create antagonists who can get real heat, first the sensei and now the "heroes".
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote