AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-23, 05:33   Link #101
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
So... did anyone else catch the brief glimpse of Mugendramon (Machinedramon in the old dub) in MetalGreymon's evolution sequence in episode 12?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-23, 23:36   Link #102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Poor Andromon...It had to happen, but that was tragic. Goes differently I suppose when you replace black gears with those bird things. And I suppose a conflict against him goes differently when you have access to ultimate evolutions. I know I should feel worse for Guardromon, but all the more tragic for Andromon to get manipulated and only recover his senses before oblivion took him.

I suppose on the positive side Lilimon gets to have a cool debut that isn't undercut by anything . Still not entirely sure about how powerful she is. But she does have some interesting abilities that get the job done.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
So... did anyone else catch the brief glimpse of Mugendramon (Machinedramon in the old dub) in MetalGreymon's evolution sequence in episode 12?
Yeah I just took another look and noticed that as well. I'm not sure what it means though. Kind of looked like we saw some digital imprint of Greymon, then it bugged out, and turned to Machinedramon. I mean true enough that Greymon is going mechanical for that evolution to MetalGreymon. But, it's weird. Are they going to have a Skullgreymon type moment where the first Mega form Agumon's evolution hits is Machinedramon? Honestly it's a cool thing for them to slip into that evolution sequence. But I'm just not sure what it all means .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2020-08-25 at 21:21.
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 12:18   Link #103
alex_drian

lol, MetalGreymon fat ass can't fight properly in cramped spaces.

But damn, some armor had Andromon that tanked Giga Storm.

You can say whatever you want but 90's 3D Perfect DigiEvolution sequences for MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon looked and still look as the coolest shit to me.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 11:40   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Again, not a bad episode there. Even if they are moving pretty quickly at least they are trying to give each character some kind of focus along the way. I suppose if they are going to push the Matt and Sora route this time it won't feel all that problematic in this one. Not a whole lot of focus on that friendship in this version of the show thus far.

And if nothing else they are doing a nice job showing that evolution levels aren't just an easy win button. Be it Metalgreymon in tight spots last week or Weregarurumon this week, it isn't always that easy. Sure Weregarurumon is pretty darn powerful, but against an opponent that dwarfs him by insane proportions there is only so much he can do there. Garudamon was a good option for this kind of silly large opponent.

So we're set for Izzy and Tentomon to get their focus next week. With obviously Joe and Gomamon getting theirs the week after. Past that we might actually some attention drawn to their opponent and the 'holy digimon' who we can pretty safely guess the identity of anyways.
Old 2020-08-30, 22:04   Link #105
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Again, not a bad episode there. Even if they are moving pretty quickly at least they are trying to give each character some kind of focus along the way. I suppose if they are going to push the Matt and Sora route this time it won't feel all that problematic in this one. Not a whole lot of focus on that friendship in this version of the show thus far.

And if nothing else they are doing a nice job showing that evolution levels aren't just an easy win button. Be it Metalgreymon in tight spots last week or Weregarurumon this week, it isn't always that easy. Sure Weregarurumon is pretty darn powerful, but against an opponent that dwarfs him by insane proportions there is only so much he can do there. Garudamon was a good option for this kind of silly large opponent.

So we're set for Izzy and Tentomon to get their focus next week. With obviously Joe and Gomamon getting theirs the week after. Past that we might actually some attention drawn to their opponent and the 'holy digimon' who we can pretty safely guess the identity of anyways.
I think WereGarurumon could have tear CannonBeemon from inside but the problem was the collateral damage and putting Yamato and the other digimon in danger so was more about not the appropriate circunstances.
Old 2020-09-07, 09:11   Link #106
Funkatron
Highly irregular

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The new ending is a banger
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 11:10   Link #107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Overall that episode was alright. It felt more like Joe was being dragged kicking and screaming into being reliable, rather than stepping up in his own right. But I suppose in the end it all worked out. Kind of figured they'd actually have him make some suggestions on what to do about Sora's condition. But that was still mostly left to Matt and the others.

On the positive side it was a really good episode for Gomamon. Managed to drag Joe into doing the right thing even if there was a need to pressure him pretty regularly to make it happen. His determination and courage was through the roof at various points so credit to him.

Not sure what exactly to make of the end of the episode. But we'll see where this goes.
Old 2020-09-14, 08:59   Link #108
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The new ending is a banger
Looks like everyone are high.

I didn't comment on it the last week but as I rewatched the episode, man AtlurKabuterimon was fucking great. New animation allows him go boxing but I gonna miss the original Horn Buster as I miss Giga Destroyer.

This week Gomamon carried the episode and the bag of potatoes that is his parthner.

Also, Team Taichi is great.
Old 2020-09-19, 17:21   Link #109
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Guess they are taking a break before the next forms. Maybe the next episodes will finish the second story arc and Takeru will join in the third?
Old 2020-09-20, 11:19   Link #110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I sure hope they are going to wait a little bit before having everyone go Mega. Not sure Tokyo can wait the several episodes it would take before everyone gets their respective evolution episode.

Plus about time to get TK into the story here. Not to mention needing to get Kari into this. But that can't happen until we deal with the obvious identity of the holy digimon.

At least everyone is together. So can deal with the immediate situation, possibly head in after the holy digimon and possibly take on what must be a powered up to all heck version of the boss behind this incident.
Old 2020-09-20, 12:54   Link #111
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I imagine taking down Orochimon will fix the matters with Tokyo but I could be wrong
Old 2020-09-21, 06:48   Link #112
Dj0rel
True Believer

So, what is even the point of searching for the holy digimon if the rest of the cast already have access to the perfect level digivolutions. Is Angemon going to have his season 1 power level back?
Old 2020-09-21, 07:44   Link #113
B214

Well they could have Metalgreymon and the others fighting the "big boss", then after their energy is used up Devimon appears.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 07:13   Link #114
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
So, what is even the point of searching for the holy digimon if the rest of the cast already have access to the perfect level digivolutions. Is Angemon going to have his season 1 power level back?
They point is that they don't even now the what is the holy digimon but they think it can fix everything asap. Also, we don't know how strong is Angemon in this. So far all the Adult level are stronger that their Adventure versions. Or Angemon could go MagnaAngemon in a couple of episodes.
Old 2020-09-26, 21:46   Link #115
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Mom, things are escalating again!!!!
Old 2020-09-27, 11:21   Link #116
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

On the positive side MetalGreymon realized he had the ability to fire missiles . Been a series of tough situations one after the other since they got into that space. Orochimon was a beast and it isn't even over yet.

Countdown to...something is on!
Old 2020-09-27, 12:20   Link #117
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On the positive side MetalGreymon realized he had the ability to fire missiles . Been a series of tough situations one after the other since they got into that space. Orochimon was a beast and it isn't even over yet.

Countdown to...something is on!
I think they're treating Giga Destroyer as more of a one shot desperation move over MetalGerymon's go to move first and foremost
Old 2020-09-27, 13:49   Link #118
RDNexus

I'm worried WarGreymon is about to come...
Since its silhouette is shown in the Opening...
It's just that things are progressing hella fast.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 20:00   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly I don't know. Half expecting them to pull the double mega evolution in the next episode or two. One would think the focus on Kari and TK would imply them actually joining the main cast. But it may just be about them powering up their brothers.

Still curious how they are going to handle this. Plenty of implying that they'll both join things at the same time. But will have to see just how it plays out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
I think they're treating Giga Destroyer as more of a one shot desperation move over MetalGerymon's go to move first and foremost
Does seem that way with how little it has been used. Got to say the creators really do love MetalGreymon though. Everyone else has basically one move, but he's got at least 3. Not that I blame them. He is pretty awesome. Also I still wonder if that Machinedramon sequence in his evolution means something or it is just a 'hey that looks cool' type of thing.
Old 2020-09-28, 00:44   Link #120
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
I'm worried WarGreymon is about to come...
Since its silhouette is shown in the Opening...
It's just that things are progressing hella fast.
Well for compasion sake in Savers

Spoiler:

Aside of Orochimon or whatever it is evolving into, we know that the enemy side have Ghoulmon, so they better get that Mega because damn if they will need it.