AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-30, 08:52   Link #161
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimati View Post
Ok so opinions and notes for the chapter. Short and it really felt with only combat starting up.

I'm guessing that Miria's raging yoki should put her close to unwanted awakening by this time, she's been pushing her limit for a long time now and going back looks to be the hardest.
Comfirmation that Dietrich has been demoted down to rank 8, any guesses on her previous rank? 4?
Minor note. Helen's comment about claymores nowadays would indicate that the ghosts somehow knows that they're dealing with ZAO:s. Oversight I think.
Anyway, if Anastasia's hair is rigid enough (think tube instead of rope), then you can start with an upside down y shape and build and stabilize from there. Still nothing more than plot power though. Preparations has to look silly btw.
Tabatha's cloaking is probably the strongest thing they got.
Nice to see the shift in battle. Pulling everthing they got together, they're dangerous, but Hysteria at full speed is totally superior, as she should be.

I go with the extending limbs for control for now. If she merely jumped superfast (my first impression), it would take ages for her to fall down afterwards. And something like that in a chapter that comments on traction.

The chapter is really setting up that someone dies in the next one. The blade launching and Helen's comment hints that things will go worse and Deneave already got beaten up a bit.
How do you know that Die, the only present-day clayremore that doesn't totally suck aside from the unnnamed twins, was demoted?

About Deneve, she's indeed boring, but I don't think she's that boring. Her special attack is using Undine's sword, I also consider that lame. She's good at regenerating when her wounds aren't that bad, I guess she will survive Hysteria's attacks.

Any ideas of how Hysteria is attacking? It's clear she's very fast, but how would she fare against another AO? Let's say Duff. She doesn't seem to be that strong in terms of physical force, and she doesn't even have hands or something to attack at close range.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:03   Link #162
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
How do you know that Die, the only present-day clayremore that doesn't totally suck aside from the unnnamed twins, was demoted
it was stated in the manga. i'm not sure but i think when she saved yuma from the hellcats she also mentioned that she got demoted. the way i understood it, she was demoted from number 8 to x. deneve doesn't know about this so it's normal that she adresses her as number 8.

dietrich got her ass kicked by an ab. i don't know why people think that she doesn't suck, as her sudden power up for the hellcats was extremely unbelievable. still we shouldn't forget miata

edit: totally forgot about deneve but she seriously needs to shut the fuck up. i can't take her "i'm such a badass" attitude anymore.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:25   Link #163
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

*groan, well, I'm back....oh the translations out?

Love all the different discussions going on, even about the spelling of Claire's name who, yes, I always include the "I"

As for the chapter.....I don't know - suddenly everyone seems very excited about it, even Gooral, but I don't feel all that different; if anything, what really got my attention the most is what, presumably Deneve, was saying in the beginning: she says "Tabitha has taken up the sword as well and lead us to the land..." and then she says "as leader of this party"...

Okay, I'm still confused ; firstly, Taby has "taken up the sword"? What the heck does that mean? It sounds like, just now, has she become a warrior and begun to fight - like, only now, has she really become a member of the Ghosts. What's that all about?

And secondly, she has lead us to this land....but Deneve calls herself 'leader'?....or maybe, I think, the "leader" Deneve was referring to was Miria herself with regards to all the Ghosts (the party wasn't the remaining Ghosts minus Miria....but all of them).

Because if so....then Tabitha really was the make-up leader .....then again, Miria yells at Deneve to evade - is she doing that, telling her just to evade, or telling her in the sense of getting her to get everyone else to evade as well -- in other words, telling her to order the others to watch out...

Whatever - Miria is back, so she can get back to leading......Carebear as ever -- as we all annoyingly predicted, they are going to stay and fight even if the smartest move is to get all of them out of there pronto. To be fair, they could be fighting simply to distract/protect the other warriors, which is may what has been implied, and they aren't just fighting for the sake of it...when the warriors though get this cocky though when fighting an Abyssal, I have the right to get a little worried and concern over their sanity (especially Helen's -_-).

Maybe it's also not the right time....but I find it kind of convenient that we still haven't got explained whatsoever about....whereever the hell the Ghosts went too before going to Staff - the AB lab or some such (Dany and I joked about it in our latest story ). Who knows if it will be explained or not, but for now, I'm not gonna forget about it even if the characters do.

That said, their were some positives I got after reading this - unlike my first chinese reading....I got a new sense watching the Ghosts - a better sense of unity. The battle actually reminded me strongly about the Ghosts fight against Agatha....maybe it's just what Anastasia said about "all preparations are ready" (which, perhaps, she's only talking about her hair and not that they actually planned this battle beforehand >__<).

I also like how many praise the reminder of Claire's existence, even if only a second....the irony is that, this is exactly the kind of situation that would always happen, where Claire would now suddenly go berserk, rampant, or do something Claire-like that would make her virtually decimate the opponent singlehandedly. Well, Claire's not around, so I wonder how the others will do without their walking miracle

Dr.Deneve, you never fail to show yourself >___<

Hysteria....I'm sorry, I don't get it -- really, I'm over now that she isn't elegant in a better more conventional sense, but everyone is now suddenly praising her and calling her cool, and I don't get her at all. I get how she could be similar to Claire, in that she is berserk in her own way, I don't get how she is moving to-and-fro in mid-air like she has a tail to steer her once she gets going....

Yeah, that's exactly how it is -- it's a step, but only one step, from Claire....Claire could only charge up and let it go; rushing forward in a single direction. Hysteria can charge up and can't stop once she gets going as well....but she has the added benefit of at least being able to control the direction once she gets going. Again though, I think she can't stop once she gets going - hence the comparison to Claire.

If she really does have a "tail" to steer her, then it only pushes the idea that she truly was going to get wings in her original form....the flawed awakening is what took that away, because her body is otherwise, seemingly, built for flight, if only in a limited sense.

That's it for now -- I'll probably get more thoughts later, but so far....this chapter is slightly better then the last one, and with the translation, my opinion has slightly improved....all things considered it was pretty solid: 7.5, 8ish at the most if I had to rate it.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:30   Link #164
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Something completely random.....It's amazing how many years it took me to figure out that "Sutafu" and "Staff" are the same place....Sutafu is just a butchered japanese-like pronounciation of it -- I always, and many others if I recall, thought they were different places: Sutafu being the name of the Eastern mountainous region where the Org lies, and "Staff" being the name of the HQ itself....but they are both the same name (actually say it, and it sounds the same), which means the Eastern region, like the Southern arid/rainforest region, still doesn't have a name (No, Mucha is still unconfirmed; as far as we know, that's simply the name of the place Priscilla came from within the south.).

Don't laugh, I'm dumb I know >_<
Old 2011-12-30, 09:43   Link #165
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
after reading the last two chapters and the new one I might realized somethings.
1- Why did they awaken specially Roxanne and Cassandra? And I ended up with this theory they awakened because they couldn't defeat their enemy with their current power. Lets take Cassandra's case first she awakened before the rest and I kept thinking why .. and I first thought maybe she is the weakest but is she? Then I thought maybe Cassandra realized that she couldn't defeat Roxanne with her current state and then Dae's effect kicks in when they realize they can't win they simply awaken and this applies to Roxanne and Hysteria (Hysteria never occurred to her that Miria could defeat her and that's why she never awakened not till she got defeated!)
2- Hysteria's form has a weakness not only the things that Solace mentioned but if you knew where she was heading (using Clare's ability as an example) you can aim to the her lower body.
3- Hysteria has been using the spikes around her waist because I counted them and check page 15 and you will count 9 then at page 18 they are 8 !! the one in the front is gone !!! and by the end of the chapter she lost them all. That only means that she has used them without us noticing but thanks to Solace I thought about it and it makes sense now.
1-Imo it's super clear that Cassandra simply went berserk 'cause she remembered about Roxy,there is not even a little hint that let us belive that Cassy awakened because she felt that she couldn't win,infact it's clear that Cassy sees Roxy as inferior.

2-Wrong, knowing where Hysty goes doesn't help at all since she can control perfectly her speed now.....the same is valid even for Claire when she awakened her left arm,only before that moment what you say could be considered a weakness.

3-I have the strong impression that it's just that Yagi didn't drew all of them,lol.Imo it means nothing.

Proof:in page 18 Histy has 8 spikes,she does a lot of mid-air dodging.....and in page 20 she still has 8 spikes,.

Imo there are only 2 logical conclusion:
-or Histy really uses her spikes like Solace said,BUT she doesn't lose them at all! She launch them and then she retracts them. I say this 'cause it's clear that Histy leaves holes BUT she doesn't leaves spikes all over the place, so imo the theory that she regenerates her spikes is wrong.

-or she doesn't uses her spikes at all to move around,she extends her legs till the ground for a split second and use them to get boosts in any direction she wants (or even to stop and control her movements)......with this theory than when she launches all her spikes she is planning something different that we still haven't seen,maybe some sort of strange attack
Old 2011-12-30, 10:36   Link #166
rafael1932
claymores pimp

I do understand why deneve and helen were alive after fighting isley and pris and I think that the story is great at that point.

What I fail to understand is why the ghosts are still alive to start with. They never had a chance with Ricardo who was playing with the ghosts at that time ( pieta) and now they feel good enough to fight an abyssal ? The only explanation is that the power level is like in dragon ball z and that is boring. So basically, they kill this abyssal right here, the others 2 and then they stay strong enough to defeat priscila.
Old 2011-12-30, 12:14   Link #167
MalakTawus

Imo the ghosts are simply putting up a big front, i'm quite sure that they know pretty well that their chance to survive against those monsters is close to nothing.
So far Yagi didn't make big mistakes in power-level since we have seen that now that Histy is getting a bit serious she's IMMENSELY stronger than all the rebels put together.
I doubt that Miria can change the situation,UNLESS Histy will have some sort of weak points that she can use to defeat her.....but that kind of defeat would be a "tactical win" for Miria's team and wouldn't translate in the ghosts being stronger than Histy,so the DBZ power-level syndrome could be easily avoided.

Another possibility is Miria awakening.....THAT could change things a bit,lol. (no DBZ syndrome)

Final possibility is Claire (with maybe Prissy)suddenly joining the fight.......OBVIOUSLY that would change completely the whole battlefield. (no DBZ syndrome).

In conclusion i'd say that imo Yagi still has a lot of options to evolve the story without going crazy with power-levels like in DB.

No seriously,if in the future i'll see someone of the ghosts (besides Claire of course) being able to fight even a little bit against Prissy i'll know that Yagi has gone crazy.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-12-30 at 12:29.
Old 2011-12-30, 13:10   Link #168
su5so

I liked the superiority of Hysteria, but I don't liked that she did not kill anyone.
I hope in the next chapter someone died.

On the other hand, how much do you think is speed Hysteria? I think she might be like Alice or a little more. This indicates a dangerous level of Hysteria. Remember that speed's Alice exceeded easy Riful.

Therefore, it would seem sad if the protagonists manage to kill someone so quickly.
Old 2011-12-30, 13:16   Link #169
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
-or Histy really uses her spikes like Solace said,BUT she doesn't lose them at all! She launch them and then she retracts them. I say this 'cause it's clear that Histy leaves holes BUT she doesn't leaves spikes all over the place, so imo the theory that she regenerates her spikes is wrong.
I'm inclined to go with this version. It's more likely that she launches and retracts them rapidly, and the reason we don't "see" this until the end of the chapter is because it is supposed to emphasize her speed and tie into what Miria is about to say about how it is similar to Claire.
Old 2011-12-30, 14:10   Link #170
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
1-Imo it's super clear that Cassandra simply went berserk 'cause she remembered about Roxy,there is not even a little hint that let us belive that Cassy awakened because she felt that she couldn't win,infact it's clear that Cassy sees Roxy as inferior.

2-Wrong, knowing where Hysty goes doesn't help at all since she can control perfectly her speed now.....the same is valid even for Claire when she awakened her left arm,only before that moment what you say could be considered a weakness.

3-I have the strong impression that it's just that Yagi didn't drew all of them,lol.Imo it means nothing.

Proof:in page 18 Histy has 8 spikes,she does a lot of mid-air dodging.....and in page 20 she still has 8 spikes,.

Imo there are only 2 logical conclusion:

-or she doesn't uses her spikes at all to move around,she extends her legs till the ground for a split second and use them to get boosts in any direction she wants (or even to stop and control her movements)......with this theory than when she launches all her spikes she is planning something different that we still haven't seen,maybe some sort of strange attack
ok now lets see what I see in this :
1- I believe Yagi wants us to be this simple but lets just look at this from another way Claymores never want to awaken they all want to remain human even Pris when she went over the limit wanted to die as a human but sadly she lost control over her body and we all know what happened. Roxanne never knew why she was awakening but if she just lost it like Cassandra then your theory is right but she didn't then Dae came and said that it was inevitable but doesn't mean there is timer in them there is something that should trigger it and they feeling unable to win triggers it. And can you proof that they weren't in that situation?

2- Well .. this in particular I saw it in other animes and movies and it did work in them so why is this different? (the logic in it is that if you know where it is going to be and that you're able to be there in time to attack and land a hit then what is wrong with that?).

3- It means everything that proofs that Solace's logic it true the method could be a little more like you said but doesn't mean the idea itself is wrong..

so yeah she has 8 (where are they?) .. OMG I suck much at counting
Old 2011-12-30, 15:43   Link #171
MalakTawus

1-When she awakened Cassy had ALREADY won her fight,and also there is absolutely no reason for Cassy to feel that she couldn't win against Roxy since Roxy was weaker than her and like we have seen Cassy still consider her inferior.
So yes,your theory doesn't make any sense for Cassy.....but it's valid for Roxy maybe.
Cassy remembered about Roxy,Cassy got VERY VERY mad,Cassy awakened.Simple as that.

2-It's obvious that is wrong,lol.Since Histy has perfect control of her movement,if you move where she is going to be (and you move SLOWER than her!!!),she can simply stop or change direction,lol.So yes,what you suggest is a strategy that's 100% useless against Histy (or Claire after she awakened her arm).

3-Ehm,in that image she has launched all the spikes.
BUT,in the page soon after Deneve is hit there is a little image where you can CLEARLY count 8 spikes and under that there is a panel where she uses her "special technique" mid-air.
Following what you said, after that she should have LESS spikes......BUT (surprise surprise!!!) two pages later she has.....still 8 spikes.

-------------------------------------------

Anyway from what we have seen it seems that Histy doesn't need to launch all her spikes to use her technique, probably the more spikes she uses the more "manoeuvrability" she gets.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-12-30 at 15:55.
Old 2011-12-30, 16:27   Link #172
Ulquihorror

If one of the ghosts is able to slightly manipulate yoki like what galatea does, they might stand a chance against hysteria by preventing her to shoot those needles
Old 2011-12-30, 17:09   Link #173
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
If one of the ghosts is able to slightly manipulate yoki like what galatea does, they might stand a chance against hysteria by preventing her to shoot those needles
Galatea's trick can work at best only one time against Histy.....thinking about it it's very probable that it wouldn't work even once considering Histy's HUGE yoki.
Old 2011-12-30, 17:26   Link #174
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
I'm going with this and that she launched them to cut the hair.

Quote:
so yeah she has 8 (where are they?) .. OMG I suck much at counting
That image doesn't prove anything. That's a pic of her moving after she ejected all 8 spikes simultaneously. There are still several pages of her moving in the sky while making holes in the ground with the blades still attached and not blades in the ground. And Yagi wouldn't have just not drawn them out of laziness, he's explaining someone's abilities in this chapter so he wouldn't leave anything out.
Old 2011-12-30, 18:10   Link #175
limao
DeAd

the fact you see hysteria in the air with her anchors doesn't mean she has them the whole time, for each movement she releases them to gain momentum, then collects them back and fire them again to make another momentum in the desired direction, something like flora's technique of put in, put out, put in, put out...if you know what i mean
Old 2011-12-30, 18:31   Link #176
Eromal66

I found this chapter to be quite enjoyable and it really dragged me in, I dont know if Yagi planned to make Hysteria look ridiculous and then make her awesome but it worked and I was surprised that she is just ripping?/stabbbing? chuncks of flesh, much more intimidating. Maybe since my expectations for Roxanne are low ( she seems to be the weakest at the moment) she'll turn out awesome. But I'm more curious with Anatasia's hair. How did she hook them up soo fast? What shampoo she uses? ( herbs mixed with mosturizing Awakened Being blood? ) Anyways I always wanted to see a new Awaked Being just testing out their body like " Okay so that doesn't do what I thought it did" but sadly they are born knowing precisley what their body can do.
Old 2011-12-30, 18:54   Link #177
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I'd like to add that just because we initially see her moving with them attached doesn't rule anything out. After all, we see afterimages of her to show her speed. Everything was happening so quickly that no one could tell what was going on. When they focused on the ground, we were allowed to see the blades come down. If she can move quickly enough to be in the same panel 3 times, then I'm sure those spikes are also fast enough to look like they are still attached to her. Except at the end, when we learn that they come off.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Helen was worried about something else at the end though. She was looking down, so, she could be falling just as much as she could be looking at the other spike theory.
Old 2011-12-30, 19:40   Link #178
MalakTawus

I don't agree. Even if we see afterimages,the instant of the afterimages should be the instant when she changes directions, so in those afterimages we should NEVER see the spikes IF they really are the ones that Histy uses as hooks to the ground.

Also it doesn't make a lot of sense that initially we see Histy moving around with the spikes and only at the very end when we actually see her launching all her spikes she suddenly moves around without any spike on her waist.

If she's really doing the same thing as before i don't understand why sometimes we see the spikes and sometimes we don't,that's why i have the impression that at the end (when she launched all her spikes) she is doing something a bit different than before.....there definitely something strange in what she did at the very end imo.

About the two theory that i posted before about Histy's technique,there isa slim possibility that BOTH of them are quite right.
I'll explain better this theory: maybe at the beginning Histy moves around using ONLY her legs (that she extends till the ground to get the boost in different direction and retracts immediately),and only at the very end (when she launches all her spikes) she decides to use even her spikes to "hook herself" to the ground increasing esponentially her grip,allowing Histy to be able to control a speed even greater than what we have seen so far.

-----------------------------------
The first time i saw Histy's form it seemed incredibly stupid and quite weak (weak for an AO,not weak in general,lol),and now instead i find her awakened form VERY interesting.
Yagi did really a great job with her imo and i can't even belive myself that i'm saying this considering the first impression that i had,lol.
I just hope that she won't be killed by the ghosts,(she seems way too strong for them) so unless Yagi finds a REALLY belivable solution,i'd be disappointed if she dies so soon.
....of course if Claire or Prissy kill her i have no problem since it's understandable.....but not too soon,Yagi! I like her! .
Old 2011-12-30, 20:58   Link #179
White Silver King
The Isley

Roxanne also seems like the weakest of the ZAOs to me aswell. She got a finger cut off by an exhausted trainee emitting no Yoki, so she's not durable in the slightest (as compared to Cassandra who took a sword to the face from Miria who was on yoki overload at the time without a scratch); Cassandra took a chunk out of her too. Cassandra also managed to dodge all of her attacks, which were really just a less impressive version of Riful's abilities - so she's no speed demon either. So, unless she has crazy insane regeneration abilities, she has almost 0 defensive ability. If that's all Roxanne has I see no reason Clare couldn't solo her.

What a shame, she was my favorite too. But I'm not surprised, we didn't get any info on her outside Cassandra's backstory nor did we get to see her Beautiful Sword technique. I don't think Yagi likes Roxanne very much.
Old 2011-12-31, 02:09   Link #180
Fermat

Okay, now that we have translations, everything's a bit clearer now.

I really can't see how the three Ghosts + AND (Anastasia, Nike, Dietrich) can defeat Hysteria. It took dirty, albeit brilliant, tactics and a near-awakening for Miria (the strongest of the Ghosts with the exception of Clare) to narrowly defeat Hysteria as a warrior (and she didn't even go "golden"), so I just can't conjure a scenario with just those six managing to defeat an awakened Hysteria without outside intervention from a greater power, i.e. Priscilla, the Destroyer or Clare. It'd take an even greater asspull than the one Miria pulled off when she did a King Bradley.

It seems Hysteria's design is becoming less stupid by the page. Still, her strength is utterly disappointing. I mean, her attack was stopped dead by Deneve's body, unless she was just surprised that a warrior would meet her attack head on. An AO should have easily *cough* penetrated Deneve's body and reduced her into scraps of meat.

I have to admit, I'm mystified by Hysteria's methods in maneuvering. At first, I thought that she was using the Law of Conservation of Linear Momentum by shooting the blades around her waist to fling her body in the opposite direction. However, the craters that appear on the ground that Yuma noticed didn't have blades in them. It's quite possible, as others have pointed out, that Hysteria whips out an appendage or two, pulls her body in the direction she desires, and then retracts them, all in the blink of an eye, sort of like an awakened foot version of the WC, only ridiculously faster. As for why she shot those blades, maybe she plans on using them as grappling hooks to swing around? This is assuming that those rounded parts near the base of the blades have a greater purpose than just aesthetics.

Anyway, I like how Hysteria is giving them such a hard time. It pissed me off how cocky the protagonists were right before fighting Hysteria. Did they really think Anastasia's "Carbon Nanotube Hair Technique" is so great that it would easily give them a win against an AO? So glad Hysteria gave them a reality check quickly enough.

I also agree that Roxanne's durability seems a bit lacking.
Closed Thread