AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 22:22   Link #4261
Kudryavka

Do avatars expire on this site? I notice that all members I see who haven't logged on for some years have no avatar.

And what kind of shoes are these, I'd love to have a pair for me:

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-09-21 at 00:50.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 07:05   Link #4262
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Do avatars expire on this site? I notice that all members I see who haven't logged on for some years have no avatar.
It could be that they deleted the avatar, or that it got deleted by the image host itself (e.g. due to inactivity of the user). As far as I know, avatars remain visible unless someone removes them.

Quote:
And what kind of shoes are these, I'd love to have a pair for me:
Looks like Mary Janes with platform soles to me.
Old 2010-09-21, 09:36   Link #4263
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

WHAT
THE
FUCK

"When's it gonna stop Ash?

"..... when I've caught them all."

Question: Why isn't this in production yet? And would you watch it if it were?

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-09-21 at 10:11.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 10:09   Link #4264
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Spoiler for space:

WHAT
THE
FUCK

"When's it gonna stop Ash?

"..... when I've caught them all."
Epic.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Old 2010-09-21, 21:28   Link #4265
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

does anyone know what degree of experience can create movable parts?
Old 2010-09-21, 21:37   Link #4266
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

does anyone know what degree of experience can create movable parts?
I don't understand you question... Explain a bit more please...
Old 2010-09-22, 09:13   Link #4267
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I think he just wants to know what you need to know to creat that do-thingy. Unless the proportions are really small, you should be able to do it after a few failed attempts and some small planing. Practice makes perfect.
Old 2010-09-22, 22:35   Link #4268
FateAnomaly

What is that thing anyway?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 04:51   Link #4269
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I have a silly question!

Can you make a paintball sniper rifle? I'm only asking because my friends want to go paintballing within the next month or so, so I wanna know if I can buy that or not...
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 15:18   Link #4270
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I have a silly question!

Can you make a paintball sniper rifle? I'm only asking because my friends want to go paintballing within the next month or so, so I wanna know if I can buy that or not...
Well, technically yes... but to make it a good sniper rifle it needs a lot more muzzle speed and a rifled bore... that however also makes it more deadly. simple physics
Old 2010-09-24, 01:46   Link #4271
oompa loompa

Alright.. this is a really strange question, but bear with me

I want help trying to identify a problem I've had since.. well forever.

Its kind of a fear.. but not really. When I look at certain things, particularly certain patterns, I start feeling a heavy nausea, but I never actually puke. Instead, it seems like I get fixated on the pattern, like my mind is trying to force itself to get used to it, but it never does, I just stare at it for a while, feel nauseous, look away and shudder, trying to not look back again.

The best example I can think of is looking at the inside of a beehive full of bees. I'm not exactly grossed out by it; its inexplicable, just a really unpleasant feeling that I get fixated on. Another good example, (though a little specific) is if any of you played RA2, the animation of the chronosphere structure when it was charged did the same thing.

Its not stills mind you, normally moving things. Usually its complicated patterns, but that doesn't exactly explain it either.

Well, I'm not sure if that matters. Any ideas on what I'm experiencing (i.e. this type of reaction to seeing certain images or patterns)?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 02:51   Link #4272
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Well, I'm not sure if that matters. Any ideas on what I'm experiencing (i.e. this type of reaction to seeing certain images or patterns)?
Don't mean to alarm you, but your symptoms sound like those of photosensitive epilepsy.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 09:27   Link #4273
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Don't mean to alarm you, but your symptoms sound like those of photosensitive epilepsy.

Thats pretty interesting, though it may be one of the other conditions listed on the site. The wikipedia article has been updated since like 6 years ago when I last checked; I don't think the related syndromes were listed, or I just missed them.

At any rate, I'm not going to get it checked out because it occurs so rarely, and even when it does, never does anything. Just wanted to know if anyone knew what might be going on; I had been redirected to photosensitive epilepsy a long time ago when I first tried to research this, but I was under the impression that that had more to do with flashing lights (i.e. there are a lot of youtube videos with 'SEIZURE WARNING' on it etc.).

Thanks anyways.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:41   Link #4274
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I would have to disagree with TRL. While your symptoms are some of the accompanying signs of a mild epileptic episode I wouldn't call it photosensitivity just yet. Likewise the triggers for epilepsy are usually consistent because they point to the neural connections in question, specifically because the great amount of synapses causes the neurons in the system to overfire excessively. If it isn't giving you problems on a consistent basis, epilepsy seems unlikely. Depending on your age you'd have likely have had full on tonic-clonic seizures at some point in your life if it were epilepsy (epilepsy starts early) and diagnosed a long time ago.

If you say it's more particular for moving objects, it might be vertigo. Have you had hearing issues along with it?
Old 2010-09-24, 09:50   Link #4275
oompa loompa

Quote:
I would have to disagree with TRL. While your symptoms are some of the accompanying signs of a mild epileptic episode I wouldn't call it photosensitivity just yet. Likewise the triggers for epilepsy are usually consistent because they point to the neural connections in question, specifically because the great amount of synapses causes the neurons in the system to overfire excessively. If it isn't giving you problems on a consistent basis, epilepsy seems unlikely. Depending on your age you'd have likely have had full on tonic-clonic seizures at some point in your life if it were epilepsy (epilepsy starts early) and diagnosed a long time ago.

If you say it's more particular for moving objects, it might be vertigo. Have you had hearing issues along with it?
Hearing problems?.. I've never thought of that. All the memories I have of these incidents I'm usually alone. Can't say.

Hmmm how should I describe it.. it has to do with complicated patterns, but the elements in it should be moving close to randomly, or at least seemingly so. Thats why a beehive causes it, or if you've ever seen an accelerated video of cell reproduction, beyond a point (when the screen is covered by cells) the feeling begins to kick in.

Well.. it was definitely worse when I was younger. I would get pretty strongly fixated on it, and would always feel more nauseous. I remember that there were a couple of times when I told my parents (over the space of 2-3 years probably), but it looked like they got really worried so I always managed to shrug it off as nothing, and get out of going to a doctor. As it turns out, it never actually caused a problem ( I had totally forgotten that I even had it, till just the other day it kicked in watching some documentary on bees). Now when it happens ( it happens pretty rarely) its fairly easy to shrug off, as I know what happens, and just think about something else.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:57   Link #4276
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Hearing problems?.. I've never thought of that. All the memories I have of these incidents I'm usually alone. Can't say.

Hmmm how should I describe it.. it has to do with complicated patterns, but the elements in it should be moving close to randomly, or at least seemingly so. Thats why a beehive causes it, or if you've ever seen an accelerated video of cell reproduction, beyond a point (when the screen is covered by cells) the feeling begins to kick in.

Well.. it was definitely worse when I was younger. I remember that there were a couple of times when I told my parents, but it looked like they got really worried so I always managed to shrug it off as nothing, and get out of going to a doctor. As it turns out, it never actually caused a problem ( I had totally forgotten that I even had it, till just the other day it kicked in watching some documentary on bees). Now when it happens ( it happens pretty rarely) its fairly easy to shrug off, as I know what happens, and just think about something else.
Okay let's see:

1. Does it happen more if you focus on a particular moving element that would require your eyes to move along with it?

2. Is it alleviated by shifting your head or closing your eyes?

3. Do you suddenly get some vision problems with it, like sudden flashing lights or sudden loss of sight?

From the looks of it, if it isn't with hearing problems it's not likely an inner ear labyrinth problem. It looks primarily a problem with the optic tract, and without primary vision impairment it seems like a brain stem or cerebellum problem.

Internet medical diagnosis is hard.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:05   Link #4277
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Try shining a light indirectly at your eye. Move it around for like 15 minutes with your eyes following the light. If you feel like vomiting, see a doctor.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 10:08   Link #4278
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Try shining a light indirectly at your eye. Move it around for like 15 minutes with your eyes following the light. If you feel like vomiting, see a doctor.
Good idea if you want to wake up in the ER after almost choking to death on your own saliva and stomach acids.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:47   Link #4279
oompa loompa

Quote:
Okay let's see:

1. Does it happen more if you focus on a particular moving element that would require your eyes to move along with it?

2. Is it alleviated by shifting your head or closing your eyes?

3. Do you suddenly get some vision problems with it, like sudden flashing lights or sudden loss of sight?

From the looks of it, if it isn't with hearing problems it's not likely an inner ear labyrinth problem. It looks primarily a problem with the optic tract, and without primary vision impairment it seems like a brain stem or cerebellum problem.

Internet medical diagnosis is hard.
1. No. Not exactly, the things that cause it are patterns that have a large number of randomly moving elements - though thats not exactly it either. definetly images where its tough to focus on one thing, focusing on one spot seems to help, but i feel 'fixated' to not do that.

2.Yes, closing my eyes for even a second, makes the feeling recede immensely. it returns just as quick if i look again. If i close my eyes or look away, its like i completely forget what about it made me uncomfortable in the first place; i just can't explain why this happens at all.

3. Nope, no vision problems.

http://www.google.co.jp/imgres?imgur...w=1440&bih=799

long link i know, but this image causes it. again, this is why i have trouble explaining exactly what kind of images cause it.

Oh, and btw, thanks for the help meotwister , theres no need to continue this, i just wanted to know if anyone would have some ideas off the bat.
Old 2010-09-24, 11:02   Link #4280
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
1. No. Not exactly, the things that cause it are patterns that have a large number of randomly moving elements - though thats not exactly it either. definetly images where its tough to focus on one thing, focusing on one spot seems to help, but i feel 'fixated' to not do that.

2.Yes, closing my eyes for even a second, makes the feeling recede immensely. it returns just as quick if i look again. If i close my eyes or look away, its like i completely forget what about it made me uncomfortable in the first place; i just can't explain why this happens at all.

3. Nope, no vision problems.

http://www.google.co.jp/imgres?imgur...w=1440&bih=799

long link i know, but this image causes it. again, this is why i have trouble explaining exactly what kind of images cause it.

Oh, and btw, thanks for the help meotwister , theres no need to continue this, i just wanted to know if anyone would have some ideas off the bat.
Well from the looks of it it's likely an issue with the cerebellum. I would say it's because you have a problem with the cerebellum not being able to properly maintain positional balance (thus the probable vertigo) from the amount of visual input your eyes are getting, confusing it to the exact nature of your body's state of motion and position relative to gravity, thus the subjective feelings of nausea and the other CNS signs.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious