AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-29, 02:28   Link #101
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Where does this picture come from? Yozora just killed Sena?
That'll never happen of course. Both Yozora and Sena share a rather strange , bizarre Friendship that fits their dysfunctional personalities....(=

Unless this story wants to go all School Days and Nice Boat on us?
Old 2011-12-29, 14:54   Link #102
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea2004 View Post
I'm so happy to see something done about the childhood friend thing though! =D
Hmmm, it might not die "just like that" however.

Would the author be willing to just toss away such a wonderful plot device?

While after a period of initial confusion, he has always saw Sora (his childhood buddy and one of the best friends he ever had) and Yozora (the pretty but somewhat eccentric and abrasive girl he just met upon transferring) as two completely separate persons, Kodaka has decided to continue to treat the 2 "personalities" of Yozora as 2 separate people. But now that he is in the know, the Sora part of Yozora's personality might become more noticeable for him ... Yozora is still Yozora.

This is definitely an option for the author.

And remember they did make a "promise" of sorts which got considerable air time. Promises and Anime, we all know how that goes.

PS: That and I'm quite sure the author - assuming he is not an amateur - has more or less already roughly planned everything out in advance ...
Old 2011-12-29, 16:40   Link #103
mironicus

The whole childhood friendship thing does not matter anyway. It's a link to the past that Yozora can refer to and it's just giving her a fake secure feeling in the competition with the other girls.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:23   Link #104
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
The whole childhood friendship thing does not matter anyway. It's a link to the past that Yozora can refer to and it's just giving her a fake secure feeling in the competition with the other girls.
I don't think it's making her feel secure at all. LOL.

It acts more as her motive than anything else and is the reason for the existence of the club.

She has feelings for Kodaka, both as her best friend ever - whom she wants to reunite with - and as potential love interest. That's why she dislike's Sena so much, she see her as a rival - and she wouldn't act the way she does if she was "secure".

While she realizes that they can't just "resume" their relationship off the bat, she still would like to get back together with Kodaka.

As for Kodaka, he probably has problems reconciling in his head the fact that Yozora is Sora, hence see them as two separate people, but he nevertheless part of him still treasure his friendship with Sora. He practically spends the most of the anime dreaming about her - that and there is his "interesting" reaction to seeing short-hair Yozora in the cosplay.

The two have a lot of (inevitable) catching up to do and given Yozora's personality it's going to take a long time.

That said, Kodaka will probably not see Yozora in the same light anymore, not as Sora - whom he always thought of as a boy - but not as the Yozora he has come to know over the last couple of months either.
His head is going to have to work over time conciliating the two views of Yozora as he does see Sora in Yozora - that's how he recognized her, and now that he knows he is probably going to notice it more - and as Yozora is Sora.

My 2c.
Old 2013-01-24, 01:20   Link #105
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
I started this just recently, and just finished ep 1 of NEXT, so here are my two cents on Yozora:

Like quite a bit of the characters, I find she is got a socially awkward quirk that is almost painfully crippling at times particularly for her and Rika being around large crowds in the poll. Also, she rather has a chronic bullying side that is a bit much. A friend of mine is of a similiar personality, so I can understand it a bit, though it is trying. She does seem to have a desire to help others, but the way she does it is a bit much, like helping Sena with the eroge could be handled any number of ways. She just seems to be the type that doesn't know any other way to express themselves, ironically, she is the same as Sena in the regard, which is funny how she gets on the girl for being delusional and was just as into that galge in ep 2, proclaiming murderous vengeance on game characters. XD

Reading some of the other comments, I can say I am not really a supporter of one person, I find all the club members bring something to the table. Also, disliking one part of a character doesn't mean you can't like other parts. I dislike Yozora's ways in helping people at times and her unnecessarily sullen passive/aggressiveness, but I can see she does want to help in her own way. Just as I think Sena can be creeepy and abusive, she also is honest with what she wants and kind if she chooses to be. They are both rather immature and have growing to do. Kodaka rests in the sidelines too much imo.
Old 2013-01-25, 05:22   Link #106
Haiprbim
Banned

I really hope Yozora will get with Kodaka in the end. (:
They just suit each other so well! <3
Old 2013-01-25, 12:55   Link #107
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
I really hope Yozora will get with Kodaka in the end. (:
They just suit each other so well! <3
Then she'd better act fast, because things are looking better and better for Sena at this rate.

Besides, he might be waiting for Yozora to make her move (and by that, I mean actually confessing to him directly, rather than try and get her feelings through to him otherwise), and if she doesn't act soon, he might start thinking she's not interested in him anymore and pick Sena. And seeing how things are progressing right now, Yozora's chances may be slipping away fast.
Old 2013-01-26, 13:24   Link #108
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Then she'd better act fast, because things are looking better and better for Sena at this rate.

Besides, he might be waiting for Yozora to make her move (and by that, I mean actually confessing to him directly, rather than try and get her feelings through to him otherwise), and if she doesn't act soon, he might start thinking she's not interested in him anymore and pick Sena. And seeing how things are progressing right now, Yozora's chances may be slipping away fast.
Act fast?
Well, she did put a piece on paper to kiss Kodaka in the box and stuck it on the side so only she could pull it out, but Sena found it.

It seemed like a sharp move to me, a prepared no-escape kiss. (:
Old 2013-01-26, 14:23   Link #109
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I doubt she intended on picking it out since she wouldn't have known what Kodaka's number was, not to mention that it was another "Self-Order" so everyone would've immediately known it was her.

Plus if she did want to pick it out then she sure took her time.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:44   Link #110
Haiprbim
Banned

Well, from her reactions on how Sena was talking out loud, we saw that she didn't want anyone else to take that paper.

On the other hand, she stuck it so she would have a high change to pick it before others.

Also, she wrote that the taker must perform a kiss, so she Did want to kiss someone.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:15   Link #111
sky black swordman

Hmm, may be she planned it like this:
1) Become King, 2) Ask the other members what numbers they drew, if Kodak drew the right number, 3) Then pull the piece on paper.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:28   Link #112
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The numbers were probably marked as well, or at least number 3 most likely was.
Old 2013-01-27, 03:32   Link #113
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Act fast?
Well, she did put a piece on paper to kiss Kodaka in the box and stuck it on the side so only she could pull it out, but Sena found it.

It seemed like a sharp move to me, a prepared no-escape kiss. (:
I said directly confront him with her feelings, not beat around the effing bush by placing a piece of paper with "kiss me" in that box, and hope he'll find it when she is the King. It apparently never crossed her mind that her plan could backfire if the odds were only slightly against her, so the fact that she missed out is her fault and her fault alone.

It's okay for Yozora to act all shy and tsundere, but she should have noticed by now that Sena is getting more aggressive and more willing to show her feelings towards Kodaka, and no amount of bullying is going to keep her away from him.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:52   Link #114
potchip

It is just not Yozora to throw the straight ball, and just as unlikely as Sena being considerate to others.

Sena's aggressiveness(it is actually just a total lack of restraint) is her own flaw, as much as the beating around the bush being Yozora's. It is unlikely for a premise built around eccentric characters, and then for the characters to triumph through their very flaws ultimately.

What Sena being herself will do however, is continuously pile on the tension, and the screw winding evermore harder inside Yozora.
Old 2013-01-27, 21:26   Link #115
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yozora is mistaken friendship and love matters.
She definitely love Kodaka. But because she never has friend before, she thought that it is natural to feel like this to a friend.

That's why during 2nd episode of NEXT, she said "So friends can kiss too."
So King's game is one of her scheme to get her and Kodaka kissing.
I believe that Yozora is afraid to take a step to her relationship because she is afraid that her friendship with Kodaka will break.
Old 2013-02-07, 07:40   Link #116
erdii

anyone that can tell me why Yozora and Rika are so against goup activities outside. they almost run away from any place that is crowded. it is a bit depressing when a few of people goes back shortly after arriving. this means less comedy more depressing moments :X
Old 2013-02-07, 14:03   Link #117
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
anyone that can tell me why Yozora and Rika are so against goup activities outside. they almost run away from any place that is crowded. it is a bit depressing when a few of people goes back shortly after arriving. this means less comedy more depressing moments :X
Season 1 told us they are really bad with crowds and get sick easily if they are in a place with lots of people. Part of it is probably their lack of social skills, but there might be more to it than just that.
Old 2013-02-08, 03:40   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Season 1 told us they are really bad with crowds and get sick easily if they are in a place with lots of people. Part of it is probably their lack of social skills, but there might be more to it than just that.

There's actually a name of that 'disorder' I recalled people bringing it up at the time of that episode, but the name sort of slipped my mind atm...

But think of it as like claustrophobia...
Old 2013-02-08, 03:57   Link #119
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's actually a name of that 'disorder' I recalled people bringing it up at the time of that episode, but the name sort of slipped my mind atm...

But think of it as like claustrophobia...
I think I know what it could be, then.

They seem to have a severe case of social anxiety disorder, from what I can tell by the symptoms – fear of crowded places, fear of being judged by other people (especially those you don't know), getting nauseous to the point of gagging whenever you're placed in such a situation, etc.

I think this is why, when they're in the clubroom, they act relatively normal, but become panicked whenever they go to a place with lots of people.
Old 2013-02-09, 20:24   Link #120
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I doubt she intended on picking it out since she wouldn't have known what Kodaka's number was, not to mention that it was another "Self-Order" so everyone would've immediately known it was her.

Plus if she did want to pick it out then she sure took her time.
Most likely she had marked the #3 stick in some way so that she could pick it if she ever ended up as King when Kodaka had #3

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters