AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-27, 16:34   Link #261
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
Spoiler for one scene in episode 4:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-04-27 at 18:42.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 16:37   Link #262
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
Ooo, another Simoun blog! Thanks for posting the link... you answered a couple of dialogue questions that I was having in trying to write my own Episode 4 synopsis....
Old 2006-04-27, 18:41   Link #263
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui from Okinawa
Spoiler for episodes 3 and 4:
Now that's an interesting possibility....

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for episodes 3 and 4:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-04-27 at 18:59.
Old 2006-04-27, 19:57   Link #264
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Does anyone know what the viewer ratings have been for Simoun?
Unfortunately, yes. A poster on 2channel posted ratings for the first two weeks of the season for a number of shows. I'll repeat them from the Nana thread where I posted them first.

Except for Nana, all the better-rated shows the post gave us are early-evening shows, rather than late-night ones, but Simoun is fairly low even for late-night. It dropped from 0.9 to 0.3 from week one to week two. As Bluwacky said in the Nana thread: "Presumably all the weird jargon and the lack of real fanservice put all the horny lesbian fanboys off."

Partial first 2-3 weeks Oricon ratings from 2channel (2 weeks for most shows, some shows started a week earlier):

NANA  6.2 5.6
Simoun 0.9 0.3 (my favorite other than NANA and Suzumiya Haruhi)
Gintama 5.6 5.1
Ouran Host Club 2.1 3.0
Air Gear   2.3 1.5
Love Game CHU 1.3 0.9
Spider Riders 0.9 1.1
Inukami  1.5 1.6
.hack//Roots 1.0 0.7
Zegapain 2.2 2.3
Witchblade 1.5 1.7
Fushigiboshi no Futagohime  4.0 4.4 3.1
Shoujo Changeum 5.3 6.3
Futari wa Precure Splash Star 7.7 8.2 7.8
Kiba    2.0 2.8 3.5
Digimon savers 5.6 6.3 5.9
Onegai My Melody 5.6 4.6 6.4
ARIA The NATURAL 1.6 0.9 2.1
School Rumble 2 1.8 1.3 2.3

Oricon posts the top ten free, but for deeper info we depend on someone with access to the paid info posting on 2channel.

As for what I said about favorites, I think I rate my three favorites as Suzumiya Haruhi, Simoun, and Nana, in that order.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 22:59   Link #265
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Episode 4 Synopsis, part 1

Simoun (シムーン)
Episode 4: "Nearby War" (近い戦争)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

COMMERCIAL BREAK

つずく...

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-04-28 at 01:06.
Old 2006-04-28, 01:09   Link #266
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Episode 4 Synopsis, part 2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Many thanks to wrex_japan for sorting out the first scene.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

END OF EPISODE

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-04-28 at 10:24.
Old 2006-04-28, 05:43   Link #267
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
COMMERCIAL BREAK

I got stuck in one spot in this half of the episode; can anyone fill in the gist of the three lines that I couldn't decipher?

Spoiler:
I believe you've got the rival Chor snide remarks and Guragief's comments a bit wrong there.
Spoiler for their comments plus the missing lines::
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 06:39   Link #268
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
The First reason add more proofment

Aael said at Episode 2
"I'm was traing Sybulla in the front in the southern part".

Moreover, the guess that it is a near southern part works out the front the hometown village in two step logic
(It is not easy ..practice life.. to think about in a place extremely far from the village in the hometown) because of there are one story matter

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-04-28 at 07:42.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 12:06   Link #269
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Unfortunately, yes. A poster on 2channel posted ratings for the first two weeks of the season for a number of shows. I'll repeat them from the Nana thread where I posted them first.

Except for Nana, all the better-rated shows the post gave us are early-evening shows, rather than late-night ones, but Simoun is fairly low even for late-night. It dropped from 0.9 to 0.3 from week one to week two. As Bluwacky said in the Nana thread: "Presumably all the weird jargon and the lack of real fanservice put all the horny lesbian fanboys off."
That's a depressingly low number. It's even behind .hack//Roots, the oh-so boring anime I'm following only out of curiosity. Sigh. Asked because it seemed like a very bold choice on the production's part, and people who are watching fansubs are expressing disinterest, so I'm not sure if it's possible to suck in new fans after what I thought was a mindblowing episode 4. Ah well we'll see.

Oh, and that should be "Love Get Chu", not "Game".
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 12:41   Link #270
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
That's a depressingly low number. It's even behind .hack//Roots, the oh-so boring anime I'm following only out of curiosity. Sigh. Asked because it seemed like a very bold choice on the production's part, and people who are watching fansubs are expressing disinterest, so I'm not sure if it's possible to suck in new fans after what I thought was a mindblowing episode 4. Ah well we'll see. Oh, and that should be "Love Get Chu", not "Game".
Yeah, it depresses me, too. Maybe Simoun will find an audience as time goes on, and as the DVDs are released. I remember that one of the cast referred to Simoun as an "experimental" show. It's not the first time that I've found myself in a drastic minority. My own opinion of Simoun is in my reviews of favorite new shows (link in sig).

Maybe the problem is that guys like SF and girls like relationships and too few people like both. As I said before, I tend to like SF by women, maybe because it does include more about relationships.

The name of that other anime is RabugetCHU Mirakuru Seiyuu Hakusho. I think rabuge is short for "Love Game". So I think the title means: "Love Game KISS Miracle Seiyuu White Paper." I have no idea what "white paper" means in this context, but I've seen it used this way before. That show is based on a cell-phone game. I just saw episode 4, and enjoyed it, but the show isn't really very good. I think the game company is called RabugetCHU (Love Game KISS).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-28 at 13:12.
Old 2006-04-28, 12:54   Link #271
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

What a low rating... And the rating dropped from 0.9 to 0.3 after this amazing first episode. Well, you can't argue about personal taste but I am quite puzzled by these numbers. I guess most yuri fanboys switched to following Strawberry Panic instead.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 12:57   Link #272
BiZz
God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
What a low rating... And the rating dropped from 0.9 to 0.3 after this amazing first episode. Well, you can't argue about personal taste but I am quite puzzled by these numbers. I guess most yuri fanboys switched to following Strawberry Panic instead.

We can follow Simoun AND Strawberry Panic!
But is there a problem to have a low rating ? I hope not.
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 13:15   Link #273
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
I remember that one of the cast referred to Simoun as an "experimental" show. It's not the first time that I've found myself in a drastic minority. My own opinion of Simoun is in my reviews of favorite new shows (link in sig).
I do believe I've read your review, and enjoyed it too. And hurray! I was hoping it would be experimental. This way the show's less likely to take a sudden nosedive into cliched conventions.

Quote:
The name of that other anime is RabugetCHU Mirakuru Seiyuu Hakusho. Rabuge is short for "Love Game," I believe. I think the title means: "Love Game KISS Miracle Seiyuu White Paper." I have no idea what "white paper" means in this context, but I've seen it used this way before. That show is based on a cell-phone game. I just saw episode 4, and enjoyed it, but the show isn't really very good. I think the game company is called RabugetCHU (Love Game KISS).
I'm watching Rabuge for the portrayal of the hardships of being a seiyuu, though it isn't really showing much of that at present, heh. Thanks for the info on the title, and for the correction too! "Based on a cell-phone game" amuses me.
Old 2006-04-28, 18:53   Link #274
Guppy

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 19:13   Link #275
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Spoiler:
Yup, Guppy's correct.
Spoiler for who Aeru apologized to:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 19:14   Link #276
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Personally, I don't care about the ratings. As gratifying as it is to know that many others share your preferences, it's not an absolute necessity. I've been writing in the Eureka 7 thread when pretty much nobody visited it here and the shows ratings were quite abysmal, and I've done it gladly.

It doesn't matter if the Japanese people like it or not. As long as I like it, I'm following the show. After all, each one of us here is watching it for our own sake, not for the sake of someone else we must please. 8)

The ratings only play a role when a long-running show is shown in prime-time. Long-running shows are costly as they are, and prime time slot makes them even constlier. Thus, if the show is not generating enough ratings (and thus, not enough advertising revenue) it can be cancelled. Prime time is a coveted time range and if the show is underperforming, there is no need to keep it there. But, to repeat myself, it only happens to long-running shows. Simoun shouldn't be able to generate more than 13/26 episodes and it runs late at night.

So, who gives a hoot, really?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 22:56   Link #277
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In general, MrProphet is right. If we like the show, it doesn't matter if anyone else does. But there is one thing: the more people who watch a show, the more shows like it will be made, and the more work by the members of the cast and staff we will see.

I did check out 2channel to see how much attention it is getting there, among the otaku, and it's faring better: it's toward the top of the mid-ranking shows. By number of threads (i.e., thousands of posts):

Suzumiya Haruhi 94
Higurashi 28
Utawarerumono 13
Inukami 10
MagiPoka 10
Ouran Host Club 10
School Rumble2 10
.hack//Roots 9
Simoun 9
Aria – The Natural 7
Gintama 7
Strawberry Panic 7
Witchblade 7
Zegapain 7
Black Lagoon 6
Air gear 5
Miracle Seiyuu 3
Nana 3
Xxxholic 3
Good Witch of the West 2
Saiunkoku 2
Yume Tsukai 2

The most interesting thing to me here is how low Nana is among the otaku, compared to how big the overall audience is for it.
Old 2006-04-29, 01:26   Link #278
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
The hypothesis the birth of the planet "Sky Land"

The birth of all human-beings as the woman, and to a constant age the world where it is decided whether like the woman or it is a man and to exist. Then, how do it give birth to a child naturally, and the doubt of the selection of the character and the relation to birth is caused.
If it is one-side, and Shimuon Sibylla.

Aael said
"I'm neither not a man or woman. "

Even if the effect of the female hormone "Estrogen" that there is an expression reaches, the doubt of selecting the woman as the living thing again ..birth ability.. is caused.

- hypothesis A- (a lot of theories)
When they goes to fountain and sex is fixed, and it starts and the birth ability is caused. It is not possible to give birth if sex is not fixed.
Only the effect of Estorojen as the girl.

-hypothesis B- (small number of theories)
The Fountain, and the change to the man is begun only by the person who selects a man.
Therefore, it matures as it is as a woman, and birth is also possible if it leaves the society when the fountain is refused and it lives.

-Exercise (drill)-
She goes to the fountain, "Halconna". has become a male .(Man: "Halconf ")
However, it turned out the pregnancy of the girl ("Neviril") ahead of that by the ter and conduct doing with the partner.

-hypothesis A-
It is started to go to hypothesis- A , fountain, generates the birth ability, and
this exercise is impossible.

-hypothesis B-
It is possible to give birth to the amount to be fertilized and to have conceived only by the change's with the male hormone (androgen) starting even if it went to hypothesis B fountain and a man was selected till then.
However, the fertilization thereafter of the change to the man is stopping temporarily impossible by working of the Progesterone- hormone. The male hormone is activated to prolactin professional's decrease and substitution as soon as birth and the suckling end and the change to the man restarts.

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-04-30 at 03:00. Reason: correct spell title
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 05:18   Link #279
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
I love love love the music from the series, especially Utsukushii Kereba Sore De Ii, and I can't wait for the soundtrack album to become available....
The Tempus Patium has noted your prayers to the sky: Animate list OST 1 as coming out 2006-06-21 (no listings on Amazon, CDJapan or the official site yet).

I'm pleased they're saying OST 1, because four episodes in there already seems to be too much good music for a single CD (my credit card isn't so pleased, but it'll just have to cope).

Quote:
If we like the show, it doesn't matter if anyone else does. But there is one thing: the more people who watch a show, the more shows like it will be made, and the more work by the members of the cast and staff we will see.
And that matters. As much as we admire the talented people who make anime happen, they can't do it unless the grey men in suits are willing to fund them

As fans we need to consciously think about where we put our energy and our yen, and support shows we believe in. If anything, the ratings we're seeing for Simoun just make me care more about doing my bit to promote it (which includes putting my money where my mouth is when the merchandise comes out). Maybe I'm just too fond of the show to be objective, but I don't believe the low numbers are due to any lack of quality - instead, they just prove that here's an anime brave enough to go in its own direction. We need more shows like this!

(I'd also like to think the numbers show that Simoun fans are a refined elite, but then I did admit to watching Joshikōsei a few pages back...)

Quote:
The most interesting thing to me here is how low Nana is among the otaku, compared to how big the overall audience is for it.
Isn't Nana practically "mainstream" after the success of the movie? Maybe that explains both those facts.

And now for something completely different, I spotted these Simoun production drawings up for auction on YJ. According to someone who buys that sort of stuff, they're probably a collection of photocopied sheets that the studio distributes to its animators (I guess the red stamp on the cover sheet is a non-disclosure warning).

What's interesting is the text next to the Aeru line-art. Even just reading the kana I can make out シムーン・エクエア ("Simoun Equea"?) and the phrase ネヴィリルのメイト ("Neviril's mate"). I'm not sure what the former refers to, but the latter makes me wonder if パル really is "pal" rather than "pair" - in Commonwealth English at least, "mate" means friend just like pal does. Perhaps they changed it at the last minute to avoid people assuming something more mammalian?

Last edited by Simon; 2006-04-29 at 05:34.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 10:29   Link #280
fignae
floofer. floof.

Spoiler for episode 4 (Futaba-chan's synopses):

Last edited by fignae; 2006-04-29 at 10:45.

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri