AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-04, 21:06   Link #61
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Ha I can't wait for the new bounties, I can just see Sanji getting a little bounty or none at all and arguing with Zoro again in a humorous scene like he did before when Zoro got his bounty.
Old 2006-08-09, 19:56   Link #62
tidus0728

What ever the case, after the EL arc most of the crew will receive a very high bounty as they have infiltrated the WG's base. Most likely to be 200Million for luffy, and 60-80Million for Zoro, 50Million for Sanji, and >30Million for rest of crew.

I don't think there will be significant change in Robin, but just an updated version of her photo.
Old 2006-08-10, 15:01   Link #63
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus0728
What ever the case, after the EL arc most of the crew will receive a very high bounty as they have infiltrated the WG's base. Most likely to be 200Million for luffy, and 60-80Million for Zoro, 50Million for Sanji, and >30Million for rest of crew.

I don't think there will be significant change in Robin, but just an updated version of her photo.
Not likely. The StrawHats have commited a Huge crime against the government. Robin is a wanted criminal. They'll all get Huge bounties. Luffy's should at least triple what it is now. He's done far too much just for his bounty to double.

Quote:
why the bounties in for chopper, nami, usoop are too high ? if u look careful u will know that they are reasonale. each one of them at this time reach the same level fighting level of luffy when he beat croc. but forget this reason

first Nami:
1- she beat one of CP9 members 640 Dako and DF,
2-she use strange weapn,
3- she defeated a lot of marines in instant when she appeared from the train ,
4- Helped in attacking EL and saving Robin
5- and most important Nami will be the only person other than marines who can navigate in that area making here most wanted to keep the secret to navigate throught the justice gate.
They haven't reached that level at all. Even now-they'd never beat Crocodile. Nami at most will get 60 million or less.

Quote:
2nd Chooper:
1- He beat up CP9 member with +800 Dako
2- DF zoan type user who can use 8 Transform level and he last 1 very dangerous
3- He is one of the most excellent Doctors in the World, and he use his skills to help anyone in need
4- He helped destroying EL nad saving Robin
Maybe so, that doesn't warrant a 100 million bounty on him. Thats far to high.

Quote:
Usopp :
1- he fought well against luffy in water 7, even with his injuries
2- even though he is coward and weak .. he didn't turn away from attacking EL and saving Robin
3- is sniper skills is super good
4- and the most imprtant thing he was the one to burn the WG flag
He did okay vs Luffy but Luffy would have owned him, pure and simple. He's not in his league.
Regardless of if he burnt the Flag. It was the Captain's order and he gave the order which essentially meant a declaration of war on the WG.
Old 2006-08-10, 17:02   Link #64
DrFuko

I believe Sanji will be the only one in the crew to NEVER get a bounty... His annoniminity *spell? will be a Mugiwara strength, like it was in the Arabasta arc.
Old 2006-08-11, 02:37   Link #65
Gimme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko
I believe Sanji will be the only one in the crew to NEVER get a bounty... His annoniminity *spell? will be a Mugiwara strength, like it was in the Arabasta arc.

I don't agree . Sanji will definitely get a bounty ( I believe around 60 Millions Belly ). Unlike the arabasta arc, where Sanji (Mr Prince) was never in the battlefield (little garden), he was here one of the most active. Not only did he start to pwn ennemies alone in the train, beating the weird cook who seemed to be quite strong, but he also was there during the burning of the WG flag. Then, he beated a strong opponent, the wolf guy and might have another role to play til the straw hats crew escape.
Therefore I don't see why he wouldn't get a bounty...

But, since Usopp was during the all time under the alias of Sogeking, he might not get a bounty (when sogeking might...that would be so funny IMO)
Old 2006-08-11, 04:12   Link #66
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Not likely. The StrawHats have commited a Huge crime against the government. Robin is a wanted criminal. They'll all get Huge bounties. Luffy's should at least triple what it is now. He's done far too much just for his bounty to double.
i'm not to sure, that would put Luffy just above Bartholomew Kuma who is at 296, and would put him somewhat close behind DoFlamingo's 340...

But then again out of the Schibukai, DoFlamingo seems to be setting up to be the next foe, seeing we know more about him, and know nothing about Kuma... And Luffy will probably go above 340... So When the fight against Kuma finally comes up it could be that Oda will try to do something like "Don't let the lower bounty fool you"... Kinda like saying that Kuma was a Schikibukai much longer than DoFlamingo, and thus his actual bounty if it had not stopped and kept rising would actually be like at 400-500 where as DoFlamingo would only be like 350-375 or something like that...
Old 2006-08-11, 11:48   Link #67
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I will go with the higher range.

Lucci is shown to be one of the strongest characters so far. And I won't be surprised if he was considered around the level of Ao Kiji. If Luffy can beat Lucci, Luffy will be considered among one of the strongest pirates, in terms of his own pure strength. And I think considering he directly attacked World Government, he can easily destroy a battleship himself alone, have Robin in his crew, and in the near future Franky, and having a very strong crew following him, his bounty should reach the heights of the two other most dangerous pirate captains alive. Also, note that those two other pirate crews seem to not directly attack the World Government yet at least not like Luffy and the others. So, I expect it to be not less than those two Shichibukai's bounties maybe at least 500 million or so.

Zoro might triple his current amount to reach the range of 200-300 (beating that swordsman captain while going to Enias Lobby, beating Kaku after he ate devil fruit). Usopp will get something this time, controlling Giants, burning World Government flag, sniping skills noticed by Spandam and others. It would be great if he can get something around 100 million. Chopper might only get because of his Giant transformation - and that says a lot. Nami's weapon also will draw some interest - Kalifa was not at a very high level so I am not sure about its impact. Sanji beat another very high level CP9 member. He also attacked the officers on the puffing tom. So he will get a good bounty this time, bot most probably less than Zoro's (more Marimo - less-valued pirate discussion waiting for us then).
Old 2006-08-11, 15:38   Link #68
Dual247

bounties aside, one thing that i'm really interested in seeing soon is how the rest of the crew's names will be on the wanted posters as well as their pictures. what i mean is you have luffy as "monkey d. luffy", and zoro as "roronoa zoro". what about the rest who just have one word names like sanji and nami. will they just list that? kinda ominous. what if there's another nami out there

it'll also be kinda hilarous if the picture they use for sanji in is one of his mellorine poses
Old 2006-08-11, 17:39   Link #69
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Nami's stepmother was a marine, and sooner or later her full name (from her mother's) will reach the headquarters. Maybe they will give her a name suiting the magical stick she uses. They can also receive information on the origins of Sanji, since the marine he beat is currently working for a strong one (if that was not a filler). A better suited name for him would be Red-Leg Sanji. Maybe cook or chef for less interesting versions. Chopper also has one name, I guess. In his case, Dr. Chopper is ok, but that makes him look like a little psycho.
Old 2006-08-11, 23:11   Link #70
Trax
Rock beats scissors

As others have already mentioned, bounties aren't simply a reflection of someone's powerlevel. Ofcourse it has a big influence on the bounty, but there are different factors at work when determining this. In short, I'd say it's a combination of strength, the perceived threat, amount of exposure, activity level, area of operation, and possibly more I can't think of right now.

- Strength: this is ofcourse the most obvious factor. Defeat big names and the bounty is on par with those big names.
- Perceived threat: powerful or not, if someone is considered dangerous because of their viewpoints, methods or harmful to the world government, it adds to their bounty.
- Exposure (or lack thereof): defeating big names is only of influence to a bounty if said exploits are actually known to the navy, and how much focus is put on them.
- Activity: some might not be known for being powerful, but achieve most of their notoriety because committing many acts of piracy.
- Area of operation: the grand line is obviously the place to make a name for yourself, the much lower bounties on the regular seas clearly shows that.

Some examples...

Luffy's bounty is mostly based on his strength by defeating some big names, and his new bounties have been on par with the bounty of the people he defeated. But I think the perceived threat and exposure have also been a large influence. The exposure is natural simply because some big names were involved, but the perceived threat is because of the embaressment he has caused the navy (slapped the marines around, namely the rat guy was shown some humility calling for the bouncy) and world government (defeating Crocodile which the world government doesn't want to become public).

Sanji has no bounty yet, because even if his accomplishments are known to the navy, they were overshadowed by Luffy's and Zoro's and as a result no attention might have been paid to them.

Robin's bounty seems rather high for what was then only a little girl, doing something that lower tier bounties could have accomplished aswell. I think the fact that navy ships were involved here, and the fact she was still young (in other words, she could get even more dangerous when older) have caused this bounty to be so high. I'm actually very curious to know more about Robin's past...

Arlong's bounty was among the highest in East Blue, but simply because he did not stay in the grand line it limited his potential bounty. If he had stayed in the grand line successfully he would easily have doubled his bounty, I think. He would probably wipe the floor with someone like Bellamy (my next example) who has a higher bounty partly because he operates in the grand line.

Bellamy was a total wimp compared to Luffy, and although he might be powerful compared to some lower tier pirates, I think a decent part of his bounty can be attributed to the fact that he's managed to keep operating on the grand line and has a high level of activity. That would also explain Sarquiss' bounty, who looked even less impressive for a 30+ mill bounty and would even have been beaten by Norland if not for Bellamy's intervention, iirc.

Hope that made some sense, the examples covered all the possible factors I listed.
Old 2006-08-11, 23:54   Link #71
Rahan

I believe Chopper's full name is Tony Tony Chopper.

As for the others, they were introduced under their full names, that's not like if Monkey D or Roronoa came from nowhere. (and we certainly didn't learn the names by reading their wanted posters)
Old 2006-08-12, 08:32   Link #72
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
i'm not to sure, that would put Luffy just above Bartholomew Kuma who is at 296, and would put him somewhat close behind DoFlamingo's 340...

But then again out of the Schibukai, DoFlamingo seems to be setting up to be the next foe, seeing we know more about him, and know nothing about Kuma... And Luffy will probably go above 340... So When the fight against Kuma finally comes up it could be that Oda will try to do something like "Don't let the lower bounty fool you"... Kinda like saying that Kuma was a Schikibukai much longer than DoFlamingo, and thus his actual bounty if it had not stopped and kept rising would actually be like at 400-500 where as DoFlamingo would only be like 350-375 or something like that...
Yeah but thats just it. Luffy has done something which No Pirate has ever done before-to attack Enies Lobby and causing its complete destruction.
That alone is enough to warrant a huge bounty-probably on par with the Shicbbuckai, no?
Old 2006-08-12, 14:14   Link #73
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Maybe because of Luffy's bounty being higher than Bartholomew Bear, Bear would come and challenge Luffy instead of Luffy challenging Bear instead.

The Shichibukai were supposed to hunt down pirates in the first place.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-12, 14:36   Link #74
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Yeah but thats just it. Luffy has done something which No Pirate has ever done before-to attack Enies Lobby and causing its complete destruction.
That alone is enough to warrant a huge bounty-probably on par with the Shicbbuckai, no?
Croc had a bounty of 80 mill... anything above 100 million is already a bounty on par with shichibukai... besides, we have no idea what Kuma, Doflamingo and such have done to earn their bounties... While Luffy's attack on Enies Lobby was something no pirate has ever done before, the actions that of Kuma and Doflamingo each did in their entire time as pirates could be seen as even worst... While the strawhats did few but big actions of each shichibukai probably did smaller but MANY more actions; combinded of which is worst than enies looby...
Old 2006-08-12, 15:09   Link #75
Sinanju
Koroshiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
er.... luffy's group poses no threat. they have bounties just because they're pirates + strength. They even liberated a kingdom....
What the govermentals knows is that smoker did it.
Old 2006-08-25, 18:01   Link #76
poopatrip
Luffyfan

ok like most ppl i cant wait to see the new wanted stuff but i think they will be much higher then you think

im gonna say Luffy will get enywhere from 300 to 400mil

i think the next highest will be Roben with prob enywhere from 200 to 250 mil

when franky joins the crew i think he will be even with roben
(i mean comone ppl roben had 79 mil when she was 8...8!!! she is now 28 def closer to finding out the mistery of the lost years gotten stronger in the 20 years and can help rez the wepon that is said to be abal th destroy the world... THE
F*CKEN WORLD!/ and the same goes for Franky rez the weapon, attack EL and all the stuff he did as a kid) but thats if Franky joins...PLZ JOIN FRANKY!

after that would be Zoro prob around 200mil i mean he beat the 2nd strongest guy in CP 9

next would be Sanji who id give about 150mil he was involved openly alot more in EL and i think he will be well known now

then would be chopper and Ussop/Sorgking which i would say at least 60mil each
(even if they are the weaker crew members they still attacked EL... One of the Main world governments islands which would give enyone a pritty high bounty + Choppers 8th or 9th form mae me piss myself...SKARY)

and then there is Nami...Ooo nami if only the world gov knew that the straw hats would be lost without you then you would prob get at least 100mil but untill they find that out i think your about 25 maby 40mil

i realy think that after EL they are gonna be as well know if not known more then the red hair and white berd pirats.(shanks's for ppl who dont know red hair)
they declared war on the entier world for one crew member... noone has done that and even the old train hag said after this their names will raor throuwout the entier world
so i think these are the apropeat bountys for the straw hats
i def think the crew will be worth at least 1bill after this

(what about carpenters,franky family and 2 giants? whats gonna happen to them...)
sorry for my spelling i am dyslexic
Old 2006-08-30, 04:10   Link #77
monkeydluffy
Pirate King

Send a message via Yahoo to monkeydluffy
the marines always decide how much their bounty will be. If they haven't got the news of how strong they are or how strong they have defeated, or how much destruction they had made, then they won't get any bounty that they should have.

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RtjXVfVEphoAAOKjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=134g6mndi/EXP=1157015383/**http%3a//magysystem.homelinux.org/japanworld2/manga/images/onepiece/onepiece29.jpg[/img]
Old 2006-08-30, 23:53   Link #78
minimariam100

Send a message via AIM to minimariam100
I don't know how the government is really going to react to this, because CP9 is undercover, so doesn't that mean only some people in the government know about it? Won't everyone wonder who the strawhats defeated to get such high bounties? They know ofcourse they wouldn't get such high bounties just for beating Spandam-or the low level marines. They have to do something serious to get those bounties. If people were to discover CP9 was an assasin group, their faith in the goverment would shake.
Old 2006-08-31, 00:12   Link #79
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimariam100
I don't know how the government is really going to react to this, because CP9 is undercover, so doesn't that mean only some people in the government know about it? Won't everyone wonder who the strawhats defeated to get such high bounties? They know ofcourse they wouldn't get such high bounties just for beating Spandam-or the low level marines. They have to do something serious to get those bounties. If people were to discover CP9 was an assasin group, their faith in the goverment would shake.
Well, the poeple don't really need all the details... afterall, the gov't gave a huge bump to Luffy's bounty for beating croc, however to the public they gave all the credit to Croc's defeat to Smoker; thus giving the public no real reason for a 70 million berri increase... The gov't doesn't have did tell anyone about the existance of CP9, they can just say that the new bounty is for the attack of ennies lobby
Old 2006-08-31, 00:27   Link #80
minimariam100

Send a message via AIM to minimariam100
Hmm.. yea that is true. That makes me wonder what all the shichibukai did do get such high bounties. I hope that when the new bounties come out, they show all the strawhat previous enemies and friends as well seeing how huge he is becoming!
Closed Thread