AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 15:57   Link #641
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

What do you think of nana to kaoru so far classified?
Old 2012-05-13, 17:00   Link #642
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished chapter 12, and even tho i'm not much in the S&M stuff, so far i've enjoyed it because it has what i seek: girl that shares a special bond with you (be it even a collar and some ropes, lol). However, what makes it very likeable is the artwork of Nana: she's hell cute. Kaoru is portrayed in a quite delusional way, but he still has the balls to protect his beloved, so he's okay for me, beside that he isn't a crybaby and actually enjoys those sexy games with Nana.

For the time being, i'll keep reading it, and if i don't finish it within this night, i'll continue next week (tomorrow university). See you next friday

EDIT
Before going to bed, Mayoi Neko Overrun came to mind once again: since lately i'm more on mangas/novels, do you know where i could read the novel of MYO? It doesn't look like Baka-tsuki has it :/

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-05-13 at 19:10.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 21:53   Link #643
syke123

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed kissxsis more than the average, although due to watching sora first I'd be obliged to give it a higher score but since they removed an arc and a relatively good one at it, my final rating wouldn't be too far off yours.

So I checked your lists, but couldn't find S&W anywhere not even on your dropped section, so could it be that you haven't watched such a revolutionizing series? As a fan of the romance genre it's a must, a literal must.

True tears is pretty good to marathon as well, although I found the chicken fetished girl quite obnoxious, still a good watch.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 00:16   Link #644
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
So I checked your lists, but couldn't find S&W anywhere not even on your dropped section, so could it be that you haven't watched such a revolutionizing series? As a fan of the romance genre it's a must, a literal must.

True tears is pretty good to marathon as well, although I found the chicken fetished girl quite obnoxious, still a good watch.
He could enjoy True Tears, but not Spice & Wolf because he hates any catgirl animes.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:50   Link #645
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Koharu no hibI- this one has a creepy obsessed girl
Koibana Onsen-I heard good things about it but I haven't read it myself yet maybe on saturday
Kanojo wa kannou shousetsuka- after finishing nana to kaoru you can try this one as well
Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki- this one is pretty funny
Lilim kiss- nice story. cute demon girl
mysterious girlfriend x-love the special bond in this one

EDIT
I think it would be a good Idea to change the title of this thread to Looking for romance anime/manga

EDIT
I doubt mayoi neko overrun is popular enough to get translated

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-18 at 09:01.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:02   Link #646
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Got back from uni

Ok so, all the titles you suggested are interesting, but i wanted to know whether i should start Koharu no Hibi or Nazo no Kanojo X, since they are still publishing; i mean, are they something like an infinite series, so that interrupting reading it won't bother me (= episodic), or are they a full-story, that makes interrupting it a sin (I would hate to interrupt reading it in the middle of the best part, because afterwards, when next chapters get translated, i'm less likely to remember everything or to even bother to pick up it again)?

Also Kanojo wa Kanno Shosetsuka doesn't appeal me much from the synopsis: is it misleading?

Anyways, currently on Nana to Kaoru, chap 30, i hope to finish it within tonight.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:13   Link #647
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

yeah both are still being published hibi has 21 chapters out while nazo no kanjo x has 66 at I think it's a good time to read them now you won't feel interrupted
. There is more to kanojo wa kano than what the synopsis says and it has the same s&m stuff as nana

EDIT
only 7 chapters with this one
http://myanimelist.net/manga/28537/C...ka_wa_Kou_Itta.

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-18 at 16:55.
Old 2012-05-18, 13:43   Link #648
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I would recommend reading the Medaka Box manga if you're in the mood of action romance titles. The first 30 chapters pretty much focuses on school mission of the week, but it dissapears right when it gets a real plot.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 19:14   Link #649
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok ok ok ok, so, i just re-read the synopsis of FMA and i had totally misread a thing in the beginning: this is most likely the best action series i'm going to witness, but before starting it, i want to know whether i should start with FMA or Brotherhood; i already got told before that they are 2 different adaptions of the same story, but which should i watch first? Don't bother listing the differences and so on, just what should be watched first? I guess FMA, since it came first, and then Brotherhood, am i right?

(Btw, i'm a chemistry student, so that's why i'm going to enjoy it, haha)

- - - - - - - -

Getting back to Nana to Kaoru, i finished reading chap51 (23 more to go), but i'm starting getting a little tired of it; i mean, i love the bond between the two protagonists, but what sets me off most of the time is that the girl is the one mostly enjoying the masochist stuff, and:
1) I'm not a girl
2) I'm not in the S&M stuff
The only times when i get my hopes up is when Kaoru actually gets to touch her, and not only put ropes around her breasts, beside that Kaoru really looks like a smashed frog, lol. I'm going to finish it anyways, since it's not that annoying afterall, but i really did expect some more. Perhaps it's just that Oretama and Yuria 100 Shiki were over the top when it came to BL-hentai and comedy (Yuria 100 Shiki made me die of laughs, i want to read the remaining 20 chapters so baaaaaaaad, ooooooohhh, translate it nao ) and i got used to those titles.

Most probably the next title i'm going to read is Lilim Kiss (Will do it tomorrow, hopefully). I'll save FMA for the next week tho (I'll try to marathon it)
Old 2012-05-18, 19:36   Link #650
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I say give yomeiro choice and hoozuki san a try it has the same sexual humor as oretama and yuria though I still consider those two as the best

Edit
there is also love junkies which I heard was hilarious

EDIT
don't know if you still have Nozoki ana on your list

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-18 at 19:54.
Old 2012-05-18, 19:59   Link #651
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Ok ok ok ok, so, i just re-read the synopsis of FMA and i had totally misread a thing in the beginning: this is most likely the best action series i'm going to witness, but before starting it, i want to know whether i should start with FMA or Brotherhood; i already got told before that they are 2 different adaptions of the same story, but which should i watch first? Don't bother listing the differences and so on, just what should be watched first? I guess FMA, since it came first, and then Brotherhood, am i right?

(Btw, i'm a chemistry student, so that's why i'm going to enjoy it, haha)
Short version:

If you watch only one watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

If you are going to watch both, I'd guess starting with FMA and then watching Brotherhood would be best.

My reasoning:

Fullmetal Alchemist was done before the manga finished and so has an anime only ending, and also takes some (improving) liberties with the early chapters. I think it has a stronger opening than Brotherhood, but it definitely, definitely has the weaker ending. (Still a good show, but it's a 9 instead of a 10 as a whole because the ending is only decent instead of epic).

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
follows the manga almost exactly, and so has a slightly weaker and slower build up I think, but has a much better ending. (I give it a 10 out of 10 as a whole show).

Personally since they are very similar until about a 1/3 of the way through, in my head I just take the first 1/3 of FMA and alter it slightly to fit with the last 2/3 of Brotherhood.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 20:15   Link #652
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Thanks for the explanation, i guess i'll go for Brotherhood, since i don't have much time to watch such long series twice.

Anyways, just when the hell did i miss Yumeiro Choice? Same sexual content of Oretama and Yuria, coupled with a time-travelling plot involving people coming from the future? What is this, i don't even... Lilim kiss will wait, i'll get on it just after i finish Nana to Kaoru. Hoozuki-chan was already on the list (Stated in the previous post that those titles were interesting, and i have already them on my list)
Old 2012-05-18, 20:22   Link #653
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My recommendation is the same as Sackett.

If’ you’re only going for one series, watch Brotherhood and a side-story movie that comes along with it.

If you’re going to watch the two series, I’ll also recommend watching FMA first before Brotherhood. Still, I have to warn you that if you decide to watch FMA first, the early episodes of Brotherhood will feel redundant since they’re basically the same thing. I’m just sayin’ so that you’ll prepare for it.
So, to be clear:

FMA (series) -> FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa (movie) -> FMA: Brotherhood (series) -> FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos (movie: optional)
Old 2012-05-19, 07:59   Link #654
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I added Nozoki Ana to the list; it looks like i totally missed some titles, so if you don't see some title on my list, let me know, because it most likely got lost in my attempt to collect those titles.

I'll go for brotherhood, decided. Oh, and i've also decided to watch Darker than Black (So that Death Note will get some companions, in that list, haha)
Old 2012-05-19, 08:31   Link #655
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

well the ones that I don't see on your list that I already said before are
to love ru darkness-hottest manga out there
GTO-story is a somewhat clichéd but it still full of surprises. Eikichi onizuka can be one of your favorite male characters
BTOOOM-mind games, strategy,suspense ,cute girl what more could you ask for?again no virtual reality crap
Eternal Sabbath-like death note but instead of using a notebook he uses his mind to manipulate death really cool
Unbalance x2- still think you should still give this one a try
love junkies-stronger sex jokes than yomeiro choice which I actually think is really ecchi but not hentai material.sorry for the earlier comparison
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1087/Love_Junkies

oretama and yuria shiki are from the same author so you won’t find anything like them same goes for onani they are all special. every title I suggested has their own flaws so you may enjoy some titles more than others . you should try mixing up your reads so instead of going for the comedic titles try going for the more serious ones

Edit
You can remove kiimiro focus from your list it was fucking boring. I think the most important thing when reading manga is that it should keep you entertained with or without romance.

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-19 at 22:43.
Old 2012-05-20, 05:48   Link #656
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, added them to the list, but i left Unbalance x2 out because i only find horrible scans (or probably it's just that it's old and noone updateds it)

I'm at chapter 67/74 of Nana to Kaoru (It's taking so much time to me to progress, lol, but at least the guy is getting to touch some meat; yet, it's too slow of a show, if you were looking for ecchi. PS: i like Tachi more, even tho Nana is way more gorgeous; i just like her personality, being a bit tomboysh but not too masculine; the kind of the childhood friend who is used to live with guys and doesn't really mind sex stuff. Actually, nowhere she states something like that, but i just get that impression). Luckily i'll end it today and...

I've decided to watch True Tears. It might be a huge success if it ends as i think, it might be a huge fail if it doesn't. 50/50, we'll see. Later i'll get back on mangas. Always thank you for suggesting so many titles, i've got a lot to read for a good while.
Old 2012-05-20, 17:11   Link #657
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, finished watching True Tears and it went well
Spoiler for spoiler about the romance and everything:

Anyways, this title fit my expectations afterall, so i'll rate it high, above Kimikiss. Since tomorrow university starts, and it's not like i have much time, i'll go for a shorter manga, that being Lilim Kiss. See you next friday
Old 2012-05-20, 18:21   Link #658
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Waiting impatiently for your thoughts on Brotherhood.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 17:16   Link #659
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

classified if you are ever interested in action manga try these two
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1456/Sh...o_Wakatsu_Made
or
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8586/The_Breaker

I already mentioned Wolf Guy - Ookami no Monshou. all three were pretty cool

anyone else know cool action manga like the 3 above?

you guys/gals need to check the first page for the list of manga he is planning to read
Old 2012-05-22, 00:43   Link #660
murasakiiro
頑張り屋

You could try "HOME" or "Kissabu he youkoso"
murasakiiro is offline   Reply With Quote