AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-12, 00:22   Link #81
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbron
No not really. Unless this somehow turns into some far-out alternative universe where girls love people who do... certain things... to them, there is no chance at all of Faldio x Alicia in the end. Ever.
I’m inclined to think that their intention (Sega and co) for doing this are to draw new audiences who in this case, more females, in order to somehow boost popularity. Which probably will lead to increase in the market area such as more VC games being sold and a boost in tv ratings. Of course, the original intention for animating VC is to make more people to buy the game which is why Sega is investing in the first place. Moreover VC is exclusively PS3 (Sony) and the animation studio A-1 Pictures Inc. is also a Sony subsidiary, so yeah the red thread is there and Sega must've got incentives lol.

This change however, imo is a bane for us gameplayers. Seriously the only characters I like are Welkin, Alicia and Jaeger. Inserting Faldio (whilst being done properly) is totally ruining it at least for me. So I never really see the anime as being the same light in terms of storyline as the game but rather a new fresh start.

Never actually said the end will be Faldio x Alicia, just the Alicia x Faldio development will be there as part of the love triangle. I’m still reserving my judgments on the ending even though I’ve finished the game. You never know what will Sega and the studio do, worst case scenario they’d be pulling a Gonzo end. As a comparison (if applicable), another Sega anime game to anime adaptation ‘the World May End’ (forgot the title) where the main char is a wuss with a badass teddybear sidekick (Hoppi?) also took a different approach from the game in terms of storyline.
Old 2009-05-12, 04:51   Link #82
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

For a filler episode that was actually quite funny.

Cameos from Alex, Kevin and Coby. Looks like they're in squad 2.
Old 2009-05-12, 08:58   Link #83
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
All of you guys are talking about faldio this faldio that.

Enough about that flirt. Lets talk Isara since her scene comes first. I am curious to what reaction AS will have.
Old 2009-05-12, 09:05   Link #84
TrueKnight

Subs out by Ayako btw. : )
Old 2009-05-12, 13:01   Link #85
Lexich

Speaking of vaguely gay characters. We've seen Jann introduced as comic relief, and as our game-knowing friends say, he will probably show his battle prowess too. Thus avoiding making him defined throw his man-loving only. Which is good.
But how about Dallas? Which version of her character anime will introduce, if any? Or two same sex crushes are too much? Also, if Jann is funny, does it mean Dallas' crush will be treated seriously?
P.S. My knowledge of VC so far is based on 6 eps of anime and TVTropes article, so please forgive me of possible mistakes.
Old 2009-05-12, 13:05   Link #86
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Gotta love filler episodes that turn out great
Old 2009-05-12, 13:18   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

As a game player, these are the kind of episodes i want more of. It's such a treat to see the wonderful cast of Squad 7 interact like that, it's something we game players have been dying to see from this anime adaptation, because it's something we rarely get to see in the game. So yeah, more of these episodes please.
Old 2009-05-12, 13:25   Link #88
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

I don't understand what you guys mean by filler episode. Please may someone explain.

Quite a bit of the content shown in that episode is from the games story such as the reporter, the character interactions are based on what is written about them in the personnel section of the book. Although the barbeque does not take place in the game, the rest does but without as much coverage.

I enjoyed this episode anyways especially Alicia worrying about how weird Welkin is!! Lol, her attitude is hilarious and it all mattered for nothing in the end.
Old 2009-05-12, 13:33   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
I don't understand what you guys mean by filler episode. Please may someone explain.
I'm guessing because it has nothing to do with the overall plot, which i completely disagree with. We need episodes like this for character build up/interaction and such.
Old 2009-05-12, 13:34   Link #90
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The brawl at the end seems a little wierd. Sure they were jealous but it ended all friendly at the end. It makes me think they're just relieving the stress or frustration or perhaps maybe drunk . On another note, Isara is deadly with that wrench
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2009-05-12, 13:50   Link #91
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
The brawl at the end seems a little wierd. Sure they were jealous but it ended all friendly at the end. It makes me think they're just relieving the stress or frustration or perhaps maybe drunk . On another note, Isara is deadly with that wrench
that's more likely what welkin wanted for them to relax, relief some stress and at the end to become closer as a family/group.
lf you look at the preview it does look like the backhead of welkin...o.o/)
Old 2009-05-12, 13:54   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
lf you look at the preview it does look like the backhead of welkin...o.o/)
I can understand why you're saying it, though Welkin's hair isn't that long at the back --- it doesn't go past his collar, where Faldio's hair does.

Still i'm not saying it's Faldio for certain. I'm just saying about the hair, that's all.
Old 2009-05-12, 14:17   Link #93
Xacual

That looks like Welkin in the preview to me.

I enjoyed the character interactions and getting to know some of the other squad 7 members, did the reporter pop up a lot in the game or was she just the person doing narration or something.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-05-12, 14:22   Link #94
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm with Shiroth on this, the length of hair is what made me think its Faldio.
Old 2009-05-12, 14:24   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
did the reporter pop up a lot in the game or was she just the person doing narration or something.
She has a few scenes where she interviews some of Squad 7. After that she updates the daily paper on around the country news, and talks about the missions that you've just completed and their effect on the country. Also you're able to buy side stories from her.

Don't think this will be the last we'll see of her in the anime. Hope not anyway.
Old 2009-05-12, 14:50   Link #96
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm leaning more towards Faldio as well. The hair length and the color seems a tad off, but that probably just due to the lighting. I got a picture as best I could of Welkin from behind to show the length and compared it to the image of Alicia hugging whomever.

Welkin back view
Spoiler for image size:

Alicia hugging
Spoiler for image size:
Old 2009-05-12, 15:26   Link #97
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Bah. Looks like Faldio...but who knows. Maybe the angle just makes his hair look longer.
Old 2009-05-12, 15:30   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Maybe the angle just makes his hair look longer.
Yeah i'm taking that into consideration. Why i'm not going to say it's definitely Faldio.
Old 2009-05-12, 15:32   Link #99
Ashlotte
Clockwork

If they had so many interesting personalities in the squad why in gods name did they leave them unintroduced until this episode...sigh.

Really fun episode though and easily the best of the series so far...Sadly from the preview looks like were back to Faldio and his permanently irate assistant...joy.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-12, 15:45   Link #100
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
It's whats called camaraderie. This is very special in army. And the alcohol also has a bit to do with that