AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-30, 17:33   Link #1821
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I can barely tolerate hearing the title Guilty Crown right now, I hate that show with the kind of burning passion comparable only to the Poles for Russians. If I had my way, I'd make that title taboo!

I wasted 20+ weeks, I want it back.

In that regard, thank Protoculture for EVOL. Anything at this point is better than GC.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-30, 18:01   Link #1822
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I know how you feel, Tak, that I most certainly do.

The only good part out of it was the music. That was it.

How sad... and it had so much potential...
Old 2012-03-30, 19:11   Link #1823
magnuskn

Huh, when Tak and LMK agree on something, it means that it must be overwhelmingly true. Kinda like the Mass Effect 3 endings disaster pulled together most of fandom in its fervor to get said endings changed.
Old 2012-03-30, 19:29   Link #1824
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Rinne lives on being a genki friendship anime with yuri undertones... and science-fiction mecha.
I'd give it a bit more credit than that. It's done an excellent job of delving into the feelings and motivations of its characters, and it's also quite good at mixing serious and light hearted elements.

On a more Frontier related note, does anyone else find it kind of funny that Villagiulio is played by the same voice actor as Alto? Or find it interesting that Megumi Nakajima is voicing Grania (a character which is a bit of a contrast to Ranka's genki-girl personality)?

Also, I believe I mentioned this in the thread for Lagrange, but Villagiulio and Muginami's backstory reminds me quite a bit of some of the backstory between Grace and Sheryl. (Although I think Villagiulio's intentions are likely far less villainous than Grace's.)
Old 2012-03-30, 23:05   Link #1825
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
(A-Am I the only one who finds Amagami a snoozefest despite yes, I like Ai? The romance fell flat on me for every heroines routes! )
But I actually liked Junichi's...confession in the Haruka arc, which I deem to be the best moment of the series. I hope we get another Stalker-chan episode in the BD.

All in all, Amagami is just a fun series without having to think too seriously and just to enjoy~
Old 2012-03-31, 03:10   Link #1826
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
All in all, Amagami is just a fun series without having to think too seriously and just to enjoy~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its a nice, soothing and relaxing thing to watch with an approach I find refreshing, since most of the time, shows like that have lead heroines I cannot completely appreciate.

- Tak (Yes, lick me in the knee, LICK IT!)
And now, I guess I see why I don't really like Amagami... I have enjoyed better relaxing romance stories in... Err, many other media, and Amagami can't reach the level of squeeing and fawning I did in those series, sadly. ///._./// C'mon, i's not my fault if I have been a shipper since a kid and hating on shoujo since my young age D:

*Commands a hybrid of monkey-cat creature to lick Takky's feet and to just hang on there for the rest of its life* :0

/runs off now before mod does cleanup of offtopics

Old 2012-03-31, 04:44   Link #1827
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

And the scary part, magnus, is that we've never agreed on any one thing before.

I have enjoyed the Haruka arc of Amagami SS so far... though I dislike pieces of her personality and lots of the lack of character build. All of the characters are flat to me.

I've come to realize something: I have a tenancy to watch the anime adaptions of games.
1. Air TV
2. Kanon (lost interest mid-way)
3. Shuffle (just recently watched, loved Kaoru arc)
4. Yosuga no Sora (love the fanservice)
5. Amagami SS (lost interest after Haruka arc, lacks character growth)
6. Clannad (absolute win!)
My favorite overall is Clannad. It had that "slice of life" I looked for whilst also having humor to break the drama and angst. I appealed highly to Tomoya being a delinquent as well (which is a clue to why I like Alto, since they share this aspect). Nagisa was a bit bland at first but she was cute and soon I found myself attached to her so much to cry at episode sixteen. But overall, I liked the themes, even in the After Story. My favorite comic relief character was Sunohara.

Back on Frontier, I like Michael as a comic relief character. Him, along with Klan, and sometimes Sheryl, are the best comic relief in the show. Perhaps that is why I cannot say I hate Sheryl, because she is part of the reason that makes Frontier watchable in-between the war and angst.

However, let's not even get close to comparing Macross Frontier to Guilty Crown and Aquarion EVOL. Though the artwork in EVOL is the same, it has no connection to it. (Although sometimes I wonder if they could be connected and one day a Macross will land on Neo Deava or vise verse.) Guilty Crown is completely away from Frontier. It's plot is lightyears worse than Frontier (and this comes from a person whom hates the second half of Frontier's plot).

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what characters will be on the polls this year.
Old 2012-03-31, 06:55   Link #1828
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Huh, when Tak and LMK agree on something, it means that it must be overwhelmingly true. Kinda like the Mass Effect 3 endings disaster pulled together most of fandom in its fervor to get said endings changed.
Most of the angry fandom, right? I mean, I didn't like the ending, myself, because of the "sameness" and some plot holes/inconsistencies, but I wouldn't let 10 minutes invalidate almost 40 hours and two previous games.

As for Guilty Crown... I'm finishing it now.

Old 2012-03-31, 15:43   Link #1829
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Most of the angry fandom, right? I mean, I didn't like the ending, myself, because of the "sameness" and some plot holes/inconsistencies, but I wouldn't let 10 minutes invalidate almost 40 hours and two previous games.
Since about 90% of Mass Effect fandom is angry about the ending, it really pulled people together. If you are one of the people who are okay with the dreck Mac Walters and Casey Hudson spewed out, well, good for you.
Old 2012-03-31, 21:46   Link #1830
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Before the off-topic gets any longer, please take the relevant discussions to the appropriate threads/sub-forums/VM/PM/social groups...
Old 2012-04-01, 01:26   Link #1831
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
As for Guilty Crown... I'm finishing it now.
Don't finish it. Consider it a warning. Honestly, end with episode twelve and never look back.

Otherwise, the series was visually okay, and it had high expectations, especially of fans, but fell flat. And Yoshino being the writer for this whole series... it makes me happy that he only did parts of Frontier, looking back at the whole lot of GC. I will pity GC because it makes me feel better about Frontier's plot. Well, I've never liked Yoshino's works to begin with...

---

Back on topic, I wonder if Sheryl will still be in the polls this time. It's been a couple of months (or more) since the movie. Not a lot of Japan seems to be anxious for Frontier lately. As a matter of fact, the lack of Macross live events as of late seems to have toned down the Frontier loving crew. So I wonder if she'll be there. But with the recent talk of releasing the OS on Blu-ray, I wonder if Minmei will spiral up?
Old 2012-04-01, 01:44   Link #1832
magnuskn

I was about to ask the same, LMK.
Old 2012-04-01, 02:25   Link #1833
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
I was about to ask the same, LMK.
Like they say, great minds think alike--or rather, dedicated anime fans.
Old 2012-04-01, 10:55   Link #1834
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just one final OT, please?
Quote:
Since about 90% of Mass Effect fandom is angry about the ending, it really pulled people together. If you are one of the people who are okay with the dreck Mac Walters and Casey Hudson spewed out, well, good for you.
Well, I don't see that majority going by friends who are also longtime players, so you'll forgive me for not going along, eh? Note I'm not arguing any merits of ME3's ending, but merely stating it didn't actually ruin the experience altogether.

As for Guilty Crown, I didn't honestly see what was the big deal. But, maybe I only cared for the visuals and the songs? The segway ride was pretty funny, tho.

Going back to topic, I'd love it if Sheryl kept showing up forever, but I'm not too confident, given the fickle nature of polls. One can always hope, anyway...

Old 2012-04-01, 15:28   Link #1835
magnuskn

I'll refrain from answering in detail, both because of the OT and because I am especially combative about the topic, given what happened over the last weeks. I don't want to push that onto Beto, who doesn't deserve my anger.

Just this link for people who are interested what the whole anger is about:

Retake Mass Effect article collection thread.
Old 2012-04-01, 15:34   Link #1836
Tak

You guys actually got time to play video-games?

Fuck.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:10   Link #1837
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
*sighs* I hear you on that!

Also, Takky, guess who's back in the top 10?

Newtype April 2012

and

Newtype May 2012

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2012-04-12 at 06:49.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:42   Link #1838
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
^
*sighs* I hear you on that!
We need to play StarCraft together. You & I... alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Also, Takky, guess who's back in the top 10?
Errr... Brittany Spears? JK

Yeah, Sheryl is doing quite well since the movie ended.

Lacus is still no where to be seen while Kira continues to be on the top 10. He certainly has staying power, far more persistent than most.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-04-11 at 10:57.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:15   Link #1839
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Meer!...oh wait, just Lacus.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:41   Link #1840
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
We need to play StarCraft together. You & I... alone...

Errr... Brittany Spears? JK

Yeah, Sheryl is doing quite well since the movie ended.

Lacus is still no where to be seen while Kira continues to be on the top 10. He certainly has staying power, far more persistent than most.

- Tak
Isn't that Lacus on the 10th place, Tak?

Tags
characters, favorite