AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-04, 07:45   Link #1901
Always86

I think all of the harem will end up with powers influenced by Ise and Ddraig if the series goes on long enough. We've already seen Akeno 'dragon power'. We can assume Rias's coming power up is dragon/ destruction.

Any of the characters who use magic can probably get a direct influenc, like Akeno if they become part of the Harem.

My question is will the characters ever have sex? We know Ise life force/ dragon energy can be taken from sucking his finger... We also know Ise powers up through ecchi things, specifically oppai. Will his final level up come from finally popping some cherries?

I wouldn't expect the scenes to be written, something like so me and Rias made love... The next day etc etc.

I think all the characters could potentially get a sexual power up. Perhaps to the final level for the novels.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:48   Link #1902
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

As much as I want that to happen, I highly doubt there will be such moment. Because Ishibumi might just not take it anymore. He's already jealous of Ise for having so many girls fall for him. LOL
Old 2013-11-04, 09:18   Link #1903
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always86 View Post
I think all of the harem will end up with powers influenced by Ise and Ddraig if the series goes on long enough. We've already seen Akeno 'dragon power'. We can assume Rias's coming power up is dragon/ destruction.

Any of the characters who use magic can probably get a direct influenc, like Akeno if they become part of the Harem.

My question is will the characters ever have sex? We know Ise life force/ dragon energy can be taken from sucking his finger... We also know Ise powers up through ecchi things, specifically oppai. Will his final level up come from finally popping some cherries?

I wouldn't expect the scenes to be written, something like so me and Rias made love... The next day etc etc.

I think all the characters could potentially get a sexual power up. Perhaps to the final level for the novels.
Not possible, this is just an ecchi series not a hentai series, it won't have any sex in it. For starters the publishers won't even allow it. Like in Volume 5 Issei was supposed to suck Rias' breast to attain his Balance Breaker but the publisher tells him no and Ishibumi had to change it to poking instead.
Old 2013-11-04, 20:00   Link #1904
Always86

Ah... ^^ that's interesting! I wondered what happened to the boobie sucking thing.

So you think sex will be a no go even if it's referenced as happened but not described with any detail?

Does that mean other thing were changed to make it pg13 instead of R? The finger sucking?

I know it's not as simple as this, but even 12 year olds who were reading when it started are 17 or so now. It's interesting that he wouldn't have had more creative control, especially as the book has gone on... And now with the anime it must be a gold mine for them. What sort of age group is the anime watched by in Japan?

Last edited by Always86; 2013-11-04 at 20:10. Reason: Auto correct
Old 2013-11-05, 11:57   Link #1905
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
What abilities would she gain though? So much untapped potential for Ravel. She could be a real wild card.
Well, one ability I can think of in Ravel's growth would be the use of her Phenix heritage. I could see the odd growth as being able to produce Phoenix Feathers. If anyone is familiar with the Final Fantasy games pre-FF7, they used those (called Phoenix Down) to revive downed characters. I can see her produce these feathers to give to her teammates to heal/revive them if they should be KOed in battle or rating game.

The effect I see being that as long as the feather is in the downed person's possession, if they're knocked out, they will revive, staying in game/battle. So if one considered Asia being like healing items and spells, Ravel would be like the revival items and spells.

Another possibility would be that she could become a kind of Necromancer. But instead of reviving long dead beings, she would be able to create clones of them using her fire in solid/semi-solid form. In a way, it could turn out to something similar to Kiba's Dragon Troopers, but different in many ways. Or she could pull the old Puppeteer trick with whomever she inflicts with her "Revival" magic to reanimate fallen opponents and/or allies (if they did not posses her phoenix feathers) to help defend her, or accomplish her immediate goal at that time. They don't have to be dead, just unconscious.
Old 2013-11-05, 14:56   Link #1906
Always86

I like the idea, however I think it could be a little too powerful. If you remove all risk then it's a bit boring don't you think? I think Ravel will get some kind of Dragon/Phoenix combo power. Perhaps allowing her to use Dragon fire and Phoenix fire together.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:26   Link #1907
luluvibritannia

will there ever be any mention of the Egyptian gods because Ive seen references in the series to all gods except the Egyptian ones like hathor Anubis Isis Horus Ra etc etc
Old 2013-12-07, 20:06   Link #1908
Always86

Egyptian gods would be cool. I'd guess it depends how long the series goes on and if he needs to introduce another Pantheon to prolong the story.
Old 2013-12-12, 04:19   Link #1909
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

It'll be interesting if the author introduces Egyptian gods in the series before Shiva will appear. But it'll prolong the series too much.
Old 2013-12-12, 18:41   Link #1910
ady623

The Egyptian gods are real in dxd because one of them is ranked in the top ten most powerful

Ophis,
Shiva,
Vishnu,
Brahma,
Śakra,
Thor,
Typhon (Or Fenrir),
Hades,
Aten, <----------------Egyptian deity
Lugh.

I really hope the author does introduce them into the story, cause i thought he was going to have issei meet all of the top ten
Old 2013-12-15, 01:18   Link #1911
teejmo

Also Apophis, one of the strongest Evil Dragons, happens to be from Egyptian lore.
Old 2013-12-15, 21:37   Link #1912
Always86

Good spot on Apophis, missed that one. Wouldn't have made the connection with Aten. There's a really cool mythology there as there is with most ancient religions.

Just don't think it will ever be explored since from what I can tell there is the this fourth arc and then one more and the writer plans to wrap it up. That's perhaps as few as 8 volumes left maybe less.

Of course not impossible but at a certain point he'll have to consolidate rather than expand
Old 2013-12-16, 03:47   Link #1913
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

Well, the Egyptian gods are in the DxD universe but I think only few off them will appear in the series just like the Norse gods.
Old 2013-12-21, 10:04   Link #1914
n0m@n
C-Z

High School DxD Volume 17: Valkyrie of the Teacher Training
Quote:

"The depression of the 100 yen Valkyrie and the arrival of her grandmother".

Ise and co trains for the upcoming battle. During such time, Rossweisse's grandmother comes to visit the Hyoudou residence. Rossweisse looks up to her grandmother from the bottom of her heart as she a living legendary magician, but something is wrong......
Also Volume 17 would be he end of the second semester and is Rossweisse's volume.
Volume 18 would be winter holiday and is Irina's volume.
Volume 19 would be the start of the third semester and is Xenovia's volume.

Volume 17 would take place in the school Sona is building. Rossweisse's past and her hidden ability would be revealed. (The author revealed it in his twitter)
Old 2013-12-21, 10:19   Link #1915
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

As expected of you, n0m@n. Great info just few more days before the end of the year.

Hyoudou residence has become really famous spot throughout the story.

Their new visitor this time would be Rossweisse's Grandma.

Although, I'm worried about that "something is wrong" part. It could be either GN or BN.

So, n0m@n, when do you think will Rias and Akeno graduate? My bet would be Vol.21, 22, or 23.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:03   Link #1916
Chris38

Thanks for the info n0m@n.

Well, I wonder how Rossweisse's grandmother is going to look like, and what kind of personality she is going to have - and more importantly how she is going to react to her granddaughter living in the same place as Ise.

I also wonder what kind of hidden ability Rossweisse is going to have ...

Anyway, it seems like the next volume is going to be pretty interesting.

Finally, I hope that volume 17 is going to have a bit more illustrations compared to the earlier, most recent, main story volumes, since I think that lately we had some slight deficiency in that area.
Old 2013-12-21, 17:15   Link #1917
Yye1
Wide Right

great news, cant wait for xenovia, im going to bet good money her story will revolve around her birthday aka Valentine`s day.

btw, is there an eta for 17?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-12-21, 18:14   Link #1918
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah. Volume 17 is coming out on 20th of February 2014.
Old 2013-12-22, 06:15   Link #1919
Chris38

n0m@n has made another update to Life 3.

And I have to say that Koneko's Shirone mode is quite powerful.

Ise also had a pretty good reaction from seeing Koneko's grown up form.
Old 2013-12-22, 06:27   Link #1920
II Maestro

If Koneko-chan master her power of purification no evil existence who had evil desire will be able to beat her.

Looks like Ravel need to be wary of Koneko-chan's future knowing she had a body like that looks like the competition between the bird and cat competing for Ise will be interesting to look forward to.

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life