AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-08, 10:36   Link #7801
EvilSociopath323

The show kinda changed it's genre. Now it's resident evil with zombies I guess.

After nearly 2 months break I really hope this won't be the only chapter we get in the near future...
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 12:25   Link #7802
kari-no-sugata II

Was hoping for something a bit special for chapter 500 but oh well...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 17:00   Link #7803
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Arc 13".

Zombie apocalypse near miss. Well, we've had zombies before (thanks to Sophia) but they were under control. Looks like "real" zombies were too hot for Potimas to handle...
Old 2017-08-12, 09:44   Link #7804
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Arc 14". (Does anyone care though...?)

Spoiler for thoughts on the chapter:
Old 2017-08-12, 09:46   Link #7805
tsunade666

another past arc..... it's getting terribly boring. need shiro back.
Old 2017-08-12, 09:52   Link #7806
kari-no-sugata II

Ariel appeared in past arc 1... and I keep expecting her to turn up again but it never seems to happen.
Old 2017-08-12, 09:56   Link #7807
bludvein

I'll be honest, it seems like the author simply hadn't come up with a plan in the beginning and is now simply stuck putting out backstory after backstory in order for things to make sense. Even the Shun chapters were better than this...

Needs more Kumo.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 13:00   Link #7808
Breimn

At the least we got some more info about vampires this time.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 18:58   Link #7809
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Arc 15".

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-08-14, 07:25   Link #7810
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I'll be honest, it seems like the author simply hadn't come up with a plan in the beginning and is now simply stuck putting out backstory after backstory in order for things to make sense. Even the Shun chapters were better than this...

Needs more Kumo.
I dunno if it was a lack of planning or the original plans not working as hoped when it came to actually writing them. Or both. I don't mind the detail but the bigger problem is the release rate - "Past Arc 1" came out on the 18th of March, nearly 5 months ago.
Old 2017-08-14, 08:32   Link #7811
Lautan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I dunno if it was a lack of planning or the original plans not working as hoped when it came to actually writing them. Or both. I don't mind the detail but the bigger problem is the release rate - "Past Arc 1" came out on the 18th of March, nearly 5 months ago.
good thing is that looks like the author is up again writing the WN
chapter 15 was released on syosetu today... I think the next will be released the day after tomorrow

but to be honest though, I think the author already planned to write this arc around the time Kuro appeared. I mean, from the way it was written, it already seemed like the author already planned to explain about the long backstory.
Lautan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 10:28   Link #7812
kari-no-sugata II

503 is out in raw.

Spoiler:
Old 2017-08-21, 10:47   Link #7813
Hokoga

Sigh…….............
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 18:05   Link #7814
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for "Past Arc 16" is up.

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-08-22, 10:52   Link #7815
kari-no-sugata II

504 is out in raw

Spoiler for MA Energy:
Old 2017-08-22, 11:01   Link #7816
EvilSociopath323

Well, a new chapter is out. Not much happened. It was revealed that Sariel did actually warn people about MA-energy being equal to the planets own energy. She didn't explain in detail though neither did she give any evidence to support her claim so of course nobody believed her. If they did they would be complete idiots... blindly believing somebody is stupid after all, but then again they blindly believed Potimas that the energy is endless and used it without actually understanding what it is so yeah still idiots. And yes it is not Sariels responsibility to wipe humanity's ass but if she wants to protect them she should be thorough. She shouldn't have simply said 'believe me cuz im such a nice person'. Why couldn't she give proper evidence? How does she know in the first place how MA energy works? Just because she's a god (a large concentrated mass of energy) doesn't necessarily give her such knowledge.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 17:13   Link #7817
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Between "the energy comes from nowhere" and "the energy comes from the world itself", I gotta say that believing the former is retarded, while the latter is much more likely to begin with.
I mean, scientists already disregard any claim to perpetual motion machine, because it's impossible, so the fact people aren't atleast trying to figure out it's source just shows they're retarded, and nothing would change even if Sariel explains properly.

I mean, just look at modern America, and the climate change debate. They don't care if it's true or not; it's unprofitable to believe it is.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 17:48   Link #7818
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for "Past Arc 17" is up.

If we imagine a situation where Shiro wanted (or was being forced) to live on a particular planet and someone decided to announce a method to extract the life force of the planet... what would Shiro do?

Is there a spider equivalent of a lightning bolt strike?
Old 2017-08-22, 18:07   Link #7819
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

this is entirely Sariel's own fault. if she had let the Dragons do some clean up the use of MA energy would have stop and the planet wouldn't be in the condition it is currently in.

and if Shiro was in charge back then, Potimas would be dead and a lot of other people who are using MA energy.
Old 2017-08-23, 12:00   Link #7820
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Between "the energy comes from nowhere" and "the energy comes from the world itself", I gotta say that believing the former is retarded, while the latter is much more likely to begin with.
I mean, scientists already disregard any claim to perpetual motion machine, because it's impossible, so the fact people aren't atleast trying to figure out it's source just shows they're retarded, and nothing would change even if Sariel explains properly.

I mean, just look at modern America, and the climate change debate. They don't care if it's true or not; it's unprofitable to believe it is.
That certain president (who is probably Dustin) is certainly right to be suspicious. Unfortunately, people frequently don't wait for scientific investigation/validation.

Given enough time they could probably prove that Sariel was correct. However, the problem is that the technology is so easy to use and becoming widespread so quickly that the planet will run out of energy first. Probably the easiest way to prove Sariel is correct would be to put an MA Energy generator on a rocket and launch it into space - once it gets far enough away it should stop working. However, because Sariel doesn't have any scientific credibility, probably nobody is motivated to do such a test.

It's an interesting case from a "religious" point of view. It seems the planet (at the time) isn't particularly religious and the "gods" of the planet are telling the people not to do it but they're basically being ignored despite being correct. Their warnings are falling on deaf ears. Would it have been better for them to cultivate religious belief in themselves? In general, probably not.

Sariel's "mission" is to protect the "primitive lifeforms" from "external threats". If MA Energy counted as an external threat then Sariel would be "allowed" to use force against it but it seems it's not the case. I dunno what more there is she could do. I doubt she's used to showing humans how to conduct scientific experiments that would prove her point.

Tags
fantasy, hero, maou, non-human mc, reincarnation