AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-08, 16:52   Link #7881
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Arc 26".

Pretty devious of D. Enforcing Sariel's kindness to make things more "fun".
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 22:38   Link #7882
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

"Then, Gyurie left the place. Not knowing that he would never be able to set foot in there again."

How come Shiro can get in there with no problem? Does this mean D just kinda went, "well,I better don't let these kids see each other again lel but I'll let this psycho spider girl go in and out whenever she wants!" Or something like that? XD
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 23:14   Link #7883
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Well, Shiraori is D's subordinate god, so maybe she has some special permissions? Or maybe D lifted the restrictions after Sariel was already an invalid by most standards.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 00:31   Link #7884
K2Grey

Detail I noticed on a reread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 252
「Enlarge the scale of the war. In addition, kill the Hero.」

Kuro reacts to that with a twitch. That’s right, Kuro would respond to the killing of the Hero. However, I can’t yield on this.
I think the only explanation for this would be the Hyrinth angle.
K2Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 05:31   Link #7885
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot Crystal Clod View Post
"Then, Gyurie left the place. Not knowing that he would never be able to set foot in there again."

How come Shiro can get in there with no problem? Does this mean D just kinda went, "well,I better don't let these kids see each other again lel but I'll let this psycho spider girl go in and out whenever she wants!" Or something like that? XD
It seems that things were changed at some point. The place where Sariel is now is said to be the lowest layer of the Elro Great Labyrinth, which wouldn't make sense if it was in a pocket dimension. In the current Past Arc, there's not yet been anything about "monsters" or the Elro Great Labyrinth. So these things are probably still to come.

But that makes it even harder to explain Gyurie not being able to get there. The most obvious solution is that D does something, perhaps as some kind of punishment for Gyurie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
Detail I noticed on a reread:

I think the only explanation for this would be the Hyrinth angle.
Probably. For "Hyrinth", Julius is a friend and Shiro just announced his death. There might be other reasons for Gyurie to react though.
Old 2017-09-10, 06:50   Link #7886
kari-no-sugata II

Speculation...

I wouldn't call this a new idea but it seems more likely now: I wouldn't be the least surprised if D knew about the dimensional attack in advance that Potimas has induced the previous Demon King and Hero to do. With D, everything seems calculated and she basically doesn't get taken by surprise. Oka-chan's special skill has a future prediction ability as well, which would have obviously been created by D. Given how involved she is with the System, I would find it extremely hard to believe that she wouldn't notice.

To put it another way, D allowed it because it was "interesting". D might have even "run away" and gone to some random school in Japan when she spotted what was likely going to happen so that she could prepare an interesting situation. After all, the concept of "reincarnated in another world" is a common enough meme there. D would surely love to have an excuse (plausible deniability?) for doing such a thing for real. Which means that everyone in the class is a victim of D's intentional negligence in the name of fun, though Kumoko would never have been born without it.

I could also imagine a scenario at the end of the series where Shiro brings this up with D. However, Shiro is not angry or anything and in fact suggests to D that maybe they could do this some more - Shiro's world would probably be in bad shape so getting some keen reincarnators to help rebuild things might be a good idea. In other words, Shiro would be making an official request to D for more reincarnators. "Has anyone been run over by a truck today?" I can almost imagine Shiro asking for chefs or brewers
Old 2017-09-10, 06:58   Link #7887
Breimn

If you think about it the attack should have been used against Kuro instead of D since Potimas shouldnt be aware of D as far as we know. Yet they sent the attack to D by using Hero and Maou's dimension skills. So she must have left a hint of herself somewhere that Potimas catched .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 07:10   Link #7888
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
If you think about it the attack should have been used against Kuro instead of D since Potimas shouldnt be aware of D as far as we know. Yet they sent the attack to D by using Hero and Maou's dimension skills. So she must have left a hint of herself somewhere that Potimas catched .
Dustin and Ariel seemed well aware of D, though of course Gyurie might have told them. Maybe there's info in Taboo or elsewhere though? I think Potimas would at least be able to figure out that Gyurie was only a low ranking administrator and wasn't responsible for the design of the System.

I suspect Potimas being able to attack D is conceptually similar to how Kumoko attacked Mother through the Kin Domination link - D is connected to the System so that connection could be back-traced. At least, D's explanation of it wasn't doubted by anyone. Potimas already had plans to defeat Gyurie (he thought) and might not have wanted to have risked damaging the planet too much with an unpredictable attack. Potimas was clearly disappointed with the System so I could imagine him attacking D out of spite.
Old 2017-09-10, 09:46   Link #7889
kari-no-sugata II

New raw: Ariel reflects about the early days of the System.

Confirms demons, vampire demon king, goblins, monsters, first hero and saint.
Old 2017-09-10, 14:35   Link #7890
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Reflections: Ariel".

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-09-10, 19:10   Link #7891
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

My Waifu Ariel summarizing everything is great~
While I do enjoy the Past Arc a lot since it gives more depth,I'm also eager to read what happened to the character (like Shun's group) and so on. Even though I want Ariel to live or to have a happy ending I can't see it anywhere...well,I'm going to be looking forward the next chapters! :3

Again thanks Kari for the translations!
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 08:41   Link #7892
Breimn

So we learn why D made the system .
Spoiler for raw:
Old 2017-09-11, 09:31   Link #7893
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
So we learn why D made the system .
Spoiler for raw:
Well, that's Gyurie's best guess rather than something D confirmed, but I can understand the logic and Shiro had a similar idea. It seems Gyurie doesn't want to ask D though (D's thinking is so scary he doesn't want to know...)

Spoiler for to explain the logic a bit:
Old 2017-09-11, 13:34   Link #7894
kari-no-sugata II

I see that the author also made a long post... saying amongst other things that past arc is over now. Seems like tomorrow we might get a character intro chapter... and maybe a another "oshiete D-sensei"
Old 2017-09-11, 17:22   Link #7895
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Reflections: Gyurie"

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-09-11, 17:39   Link #7896
tsunade666

Gyurie has choices but the choices he picked is not choosing anything. No wonder he accepts being called a loser. His half-baked all the way through.
Old 2017-09-12, 23:24   Link #7897
Amuris

idk, again, most of his options revolve around gambling with everyone's lives or killing off people important to him. You could say hunting down Potimas before he distributed MA tech would be the absolute best option but no one seemed to have the ability to search for him on a planetary scale. Even after becoming an Admin, Kuro doesn't seem to be able to search for him or keep track of his activities through the system. (guess that might be part of why Potimas avoided using the system himself too much) No one there could do it before then either.

Sooooooo, that makes me curious...what choice was he suppose to make exactly?
Old 2017-09-13, 14:38   Link #7898
kari-no-sugata II

Dragons in general seem to be slow to react, compared to humans. Gyurie seems worse than normal for dragons. He would rather dither, delay etc. Then the situation changes before he makes a decision and what he was pondering before no longer matters. If he really wanted to kill Potimas he should have done it immediately. Before even contacting D. But he waited to long and got blocked by D.

Gyurie is the god of "too little too late". Though he seems to believe that maybe he will finally make a real actual choice sometime, if Shiro goes too far. I wonder. A final battle of Shiro vs Gyurie seems a bit hard to get enthusiastic about as he's basically a wet blanket, even if he is powerful.

I also wonder about Sariel. Has she changed at all during her time in the System? Given D's personality, I'm sure D would try to do something to Sariel. Or maybe just shove the consequences of Sariel's actions right in her face and see what happens? If/when Sariel is freed from the System, if she's basically like "yep, this is fine and I'd do the same thing again" it would be rather annoying.

On a final note, if Gyurie's thought that D wanted to artificially create a god is correct then it's unlikely that D specifically crafted "Kumoko" for that job. ie, D wanted it to be a spontaneous event rather than a pre-planned event. Because that would be more interesting. Shiro herself believes that D did not put in a lot of effort into her creation, which would support this idea, as does D's monologue at the end of LN2. I'm not saying this is a new idea, just that it seems more likely than ever.
Old 2017-09-13, 14:44   Link #7899
Breimn

Well, if we are talking about people who can still turn to Gods in the world the ones who would have the biggest chance are Shun , vampire and goblin.
I would love for Maou Shojou to become one too but at the moment there are too many death flags.
Old 2017-09-13, 15:24   Link #7900
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Well, if we are talking about people who can still turn to Gods in the world the ones who would have the biggest chance are Shun , vampire and goblin.
How do you expect Shun to manage it? He doesn't even have Divinity Area Expansion. I don't think his cheat skill is that big a cheat (would be boring). Shiro plans to nuke the System in 1 year as well...

Sophia-chan: Definitely
Wrath: In practical terms I think it would be a lot harder than with Sophia. Also, I don't think he's up for it mentally, though who knows how things would turn out...

Quote:
I would love for Maou Shojou to become one too but at the moment there are too many death flags.
Shiro: Do it or else.
D: Or else what?
Shiro: Or I'll call you Mama.

More seriously, I don't think Shiro would take action unless Ariel asked and I don't think Ariel would ask. Sniff...

Ignoring gag options, I think only way it would happen is if Ariel starts dying sooner than expected and they need some way to keep her alive until Sariel can be resurrected and only viable way is apotheosis.

Tags
fantasy, hero, maou, non-human mc, reincarnation