AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-10-12, 13:55   Link #8041
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
I am not telling Sophia is going to teach Kumoko, only that they she is now going to interact with Kumoko who is unable to eat her when drunk .
I am just disapproving with this point. There is still a difference of child vs adult so as long as Shiro learns some healing magic there is no reason for her to be unable to do so. Though I expect this part to get swapped with something else. The relationship will likely not change much, but instead of the real chewing she is gonna stop with just licking her all ower or something like that (to avoid unnecessary controversy).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 16:02   Link #8042
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
instead of the real chewing she is gonna stop with just licking her all ower or something like that (to avoid unnecessary controversy).
*licking little Sophia all over* -> *avoids controversy*

...what?
Old 2017-10-12, 16:56   Link #8043
Breimn

^^Good thing there are 2 adults there.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 09:46   Link #8044
kari-no-sugata II

S31 is out in raw. Half of it is Shun's reflections on life (and taking life) and the rest is a continuation of the previous scene - Shun apologises for getting overly emotional. However, while Wrath can understand Shun's reasoning, he's not going to back down from his path.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 13:09   Link #8045
kari-no-sugata II

Nice little bonus image from the LN illustrator (best couple!):

Large version

Baba Okina also has a post up basically saying sorry, hard to concentrate on the WN right now and the LN pays the rent... so probably going to be irregular releases for a while.
Old 2017-10-13, 19:30   Link #8046
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Nice little bonus image from the LN illustrator (best couple!):

Large version

Baba Okina also has a post up basically saying sorry, hard to concentrate on the WN right now and the LN pays the rent... so probably going to be irregular releases for a while.
Oh MY STARS! I LOVE IT! 😍👏👌👍💯
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 23:15   Link #8047
tsunade666

question. in LN poti knows shiro turn into God right? does he know that shiro is reincarnated person too? if he does. more reason for blender reincarnation drinks courtesy of poti. used ingredients. useless reincarnated.
Old 2017-10-14, 06:25   Link #8048
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
question. in LN poti knows shiro turn into God right? does he know that shiro is reincarnated person too? if he does. more reason for blender reincarnation drinks courtesy of poti. used ingredients. useless reincarnated.
Yes to both. He plans to send in Oka-chan to see what happens. Based on LN3 I would guess that Oka-chan and Shiro don't meet and instead she faces Sophia instead (baby battle!?)
Old 2017-10-14, 12:09   Link #8049
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Yes to both. He plans to send in Oka-chan to see what happens. Based on LN3 I would guess that Oka-chan and Shiro don't meet and instead she faces Sophia instead (baby battle!?)
That reminded me of Gravity Falls xD the Baby Fight tv show scene
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 18:01   Link #8050
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "S31 - Life"

Spoiler:
Old 2017-10-14, 20:53   Link #8051
Amuris

wow, this chapter would mean something positive for Shun if he were not undermining everything he says from the very beginning by arbitrary assigning different values to life.

"yeah, I kill bugs at my convenience but a monsters life is more real because it struggles to live" N^%#, you don't think a spider would bite you and run for it's life if you try to squish it?! (I know they're technically not bugs)

This also doesn't address all the complaints we had from before about how leaving Natsume alive condemns people who aren't murderous tyrants. Really isn't altruism if your kindness depends on how close the person is to you. More so, he tries to go off on Wrath but didn't he see Sophia melting random soldiers or controlling their corpses? Wrath is the one he wants to get into a moral argument with?

I'm starting to realize that this isn't actually stupid kindness but just stupid...
Old 2017-10-14, 21:41   Link #8052
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Assigning arbitrarily different values to life is just normal. Me killing ants and roaches all the time doesn't justify me killing a human being. Killing a bear for sport and to safe your own life carries different weight. Most of us also don't bat an eye in killing microorganisms and plants. And I will actually value the lives of those close to me than someone I don't know. Basically, the only basis for the weight of life is your own subjective point of view. And this is true for Shun as well, he is not as altruistic as you think. I think the reason he lashes out to oni-kun is because Natsume, despite all the things he does, still ranks closer to him than some random people he doesn't know. He still cherishes the bond from before reincarnation, even more strongly than Oka. And then, he's especially upset because oni-kun used the excuse "it can't be helped" while clearly he has the strength to pacify Natsume without killing him. And if Shun knows that Natsume is basically Shiro's plaything, that will give Shun even more justification.

Shun is really not all that different from the rest of the cast. Dustin is willing to take drastic measures to ensure mankind's survival even if it means sacrificing fellow humans, Sariel is willing to save mankind that betrayed her at the cost of her own life, Ariel is determined to save Sariel even when Sariel practically rejected her, and Shiro is willing to do anything for Ariel even if she killed all of mankind by her own hands. Shun may be stupid, but so is pretty much every other character in the story.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2017-10-14 at 22:01.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 21:46   Link #8053
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
"yeah, I kill bugs at my convenience but a monsters life is more real because it struggles to live" N^%#, you don't think a spider would bite you and run for it's life if you try to squish it?! (I know they're technically not bugs)
What fanfiction did you get this from?
Because in the chapter I just read, he's lamenting the fact that he used to see animal life so lightly.

Quote:
This also doesn't address all the complaints we had from before about how leaving Natsume alive condemns people who aren't murderous tyrants
Since when did "Don't kill him" automatically include "set him loose on innocent people"?

Quote:
More so, he tries to go off on Wrath but didn't he see Sophia melting random soldiers or controlling their corpses?
The whole conversation was about Wrath's comments about "being happy to be alive", which Shun viewed as hypocritical. Sophia hasn't said anything, and likely doesn't care one way or the other anyways.

I mean, I get that Shun's stance is imperfect and flawed, but do people have to be so edgy about it?
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 23:12   Link #8054
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
What fanfiction did you get this from?
Because in the chapter I just read, he's lamenting the fact that he used to see animal life so lightly.
mmmm, maybe I'm getting jumpy and easily agitated, or maybe my phrasing is wrong. I interpret the way it's said as though he never considered the life of less intelligent organisms until he's threatened. This is a sort of pet peeve of mine. I got into a few fights with people who thought doing whatever was ok until it was thrown back at themselves, then they run away. (I would respect them more if they kept fighting) His reasoning is somewhat similar. There are better, more sensible reasons to protect and promote life but saying that he finally realized that it wants to live too when it was trying to kill him to survive rubs me the wrong way.

Quote:
Since when did "Don't kill him" automatically include "set him loose on innocent people"?
Shun is aware of his mind control abilities, the damage he's done (to a certain degree) and that Oka did something costly in order to stop him the last time. This is a case where killing him is a necessary part of stopping him, at least from the knowledge which Shun has available to himself. He should not know of another way to free those under Natsume's control or to prevent him from continuing to do harm, which he showed the intention of doing after each defeat.

Quote:
The whole conversation was about Wrath's comments about "being happy to be alive", which Shun viewed as hypocritical. Sophia hasn't said anything, and likely doesn't care one way or the other anyways.
I suppose he would have also burst out like this if Sophia had somehow said the same thing. I didn't really think about what specific statement caused him to lash out.

Quote:
I mean, I get that Shun's stance is imperfect and flawed, but do people have to be so edgy about it?
Not trying to be edgy and normally I'm not, though I do like to make a point that Shun should know better from taboo. It's just that his reasoning this time is a bit more annoying from my point of view. Sorry, I'm more calm now.

@erneiz_hyde
Yeah, that's true. This is something we all do and the characters in this story are interesting for doing it themselves in their own ways. However, I find Shun's more inconsistent. From the chapter where the class went to the park, he wasn't really close to Natsume in the first place. On the other hand, Natsume is a danger to people who he is close too. Consider my point in the second paragraph to Rageth. If he was behaving like the rest of us, shouldn't he be more concerned about his sister or what Natsume, still in control of the Empire, would do to those he cares about (some of whom Natsume still had captive). It is not as though Natsume was repentant.
Old 2017-10-14, 23:13   Link #8055
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw, on another topic, this season's Netjuu no Susume made me even more sure that Noto Mamiko is the perfect seiyuu for Kumoko!
Old 2017-10-15, 00:01   Link #8056
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
Shun is aware of his mind control abilities, the damage he's done (to a certain degree) and that Oka did something costly in order to stop him the last time. This is a case where killing him is a necessary part of stopping him, at least from the knowledge which Shun has available to himself. He should not know of another way to free those under Natsume's control or to prevent him from continuing to do harm, which he showed the intention of doing after each defeat.
Imprisonment would have totally been a viable option. His brainwashing doesn't let him communicate with people telepathically, and Shun does know of a way to free the others under his control; kill them and revive them. He's already done it three time with the only cost being an Increase in his Taboo skill (which is now at Max level anyways)
Would it be time-consuming? Maybe, but it's entirely doable, even if difficult (which isn't really an obstacle in Shun's eyes)

This discussion is basically one of Death Penalty vs Rehabilitation.
Old 2017-10-15, 01:15   Link #8057
Amuris

except reviving people has a high energy cost on the system, an aspect he should know from taboo. Even not considering that, there's the issue of how many people Natsume has used it on and their political positions, doing so (from Shun's POV) without loss of life isn't realistic. Also, death penalty vs rehabilitation arguments can only occur in the case where rehabilitation is possible, which brings up the concern about Natsume being a repeat offender who had lost his powers, was imprison and broke free. Shun might think Wrath would be able to imprison him, and that is true, but problem is that only Wrath would be able to imprison him. The soldiers and ordinary guards would fall prey to Natsume as before. This means that someone dragon-level or up would have to keep constant guard of him until he is rehabilitated. Since history suggests this would not happen, that would permanently remove one of the major actors for saving the world for the sake of this one individual who has no important role in saving the world and no ties to any of the important characters, Shun included, other than "we were classmates for a year or two 15 years ago."

Also, I just want to say this, my country has done a fine job of proving that imprisonment =/= (does not equal) rehabilitation and, if done poorly, would drive them into worse, more hostile behavior.
Old 2017-10-15, 01:29   Link #8058
Rasty

^Agreed with the imprisonment. In the first place, imprisonment is viable punishment only in a case, when it instills negligible costs on the society. If you have a society as the fantasy one, where getting food + water + place to live is generally considered a high standard of living then imprisonment can also mean some random innocent guy elsewhere dying, because of the incurred costs and becomes hard to call punishment as you would be living better than most other people (as long as the prison isn't so horrible 90% people don't make it alive from it). This is one of the main reasons, why mainly corporal punishments (including capital one) were used in middle age.

Killing people and reviving them has its own moral problems and seriously is not something that should be used regularly as a solution.

Lastly, people (at least me) are getting edgy because Shun's "justice" is similar to the 99% of stupid MCs. In other words no plan, no logic, rejecting any other opinion and chances of this messing everything up high. I am just a bit sick of this trope already.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 03:10   Link #8059
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Putting aside whether or not Shun's view of Justice is nativity or conviction, here's a thought.
Couldn't Wrath's reason to kill Natsume be to put him out of his misery, and have nothing at all to do with punishing him anyways? I mean, we already know how Wrath feels about Brainwashing.
Old 2017-10-15, 05:59   Link #8060
Asuka'
Nin Nin

At first I was happy coz it already updated more than 40 chapters since I last read this. But I dissatisfied since more than half was used for past chapter. And while the midboss past was explained with much detail there are no explanation whatsoever on how Ariel live her life in spider form. (she is chimera but I fail to found any part which explaining she has half spider body or fully human girl body)

And as for latest raw chapters why is sensei convulsing/got heart attack like symptom? isn't sensei also maxed taboo? Or hers still at lv 9?

Anyway, yamada = kouki
I'm tired of this kind of hypocrite heroes. Let's see what will he do when he know that the one that instigated Natsume way of doing was Shiro.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, hero, maou, non-human mc, reincarnation