AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 16:58   Link #301
Dop
Mmmm....

So, there we are. I shall miss watching this of a Monday night.

Loved the tea club scenes, but that bit with Shun and Yuta sitting alone in the tea club room over a bowl of tea was just wonderful, the complete silence that fell at that moment, that made it just the scene of the show, for me.

All in all it seems an odd place to stop. I mean, I was kind of expecting the Azumanga Daioh ending when they all graduate.

But more than that, there are things left unresolved.

Admittedly, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a third season, but oh yes, I would welcome a third season with open arms. While this was never a flashy attention grabber, it was a good relaxing show with nice characterisation and I'm going to miss it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:13   Link #302
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

...and thus Kimi to Boku S2 has come to an end. I love how this episode once again reinforces the theme of coming of age, because to me, this is a major theme that drives the plot on. I empathize with Shun, because I know from experience that it is difficult when everyone around you seems to be moving on, and you feel left out. You're also unsure of when you should officially step into adulthood. The transition from adolescent to adult does not mean that people have to change. Perhaps ppl do change, but these changes happen subtly. I like how Tsunashi-sensei points that out, by saying that the only difference between the former him and the present him is that his leg doesn't fall asleep anymore. We all age physically, but I think deep down, we retain to a certain extent, a part of our childhood.

I have really enjoyed Kimi to Boku. The story plots are tied together neatly without giving off the impression of the story being too dramatic. The relationship between the 5 is refreshing and highly enjoyable. I will miss this anime for sure.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:41   Link #303
Utsuro no Hako

That was an unexpected direction for the final episode. I guess that's why they spent so much time with the romantic plotlines earlier this season, so they could make the final episode all about the guys.

The show may not've been the most exciting, but it held my attention for two seasons while I lost interest in many more action-packed series. Too bad the manga scanlation is stalled and there's little hope of a third season.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 18:50   Link #304
LKK

I got a painful lump in my throat during the scene with Shun and Yuuta. I remember too well that uncertain and painful feeling of wondering where was my life going when I was Shun's age.

Once again, Yuuta impressed me with how aware he is regarding others' emotional state. For someone who gives off the same nonchalant air as his twin, Yuuta is very attuned to other people and very good at helping them work through what's bothering them. Yuuta would make a good psychotherapist.

I'm going to miss this series.

I read that the manga has been US-licensed. But I don't trust the source. I hope they're right though. I would love to see more of the gang.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 19:24   Link #305
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I read that the manga has been US-licensed. But I don't trust the source. I hope they're right though. I would love to see more of the gang.
MangaFox took the series down and replaced it with a notice that it's been licensed, but they've done that to almost all Square Enix titles, so it's probably just the publisher sending out a take-down notice.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 20:11   Link #306
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

How ironic - Shun was much more romantically inclined as a Kindergartner than a 12th-grader.

That was a nice, bittersweet finale - very consistent with the identity of the series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 07:57   Link #307
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
MangaFox took the series down and replaced it with a notice that it's been licensed, but they've done that to almost all Square Enix titles, so it's probably just the publisher sending out a take-down notice.
Disappointing news to hear, I'll admit. But you're probably right. Thanks for passing along the information.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 15:25   Link #308
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

After urgings by my friends to at least watch episode 4 of the first series, I can say I'm glad I finished the entire anime series in a week.

That said, I still find Chizuru to be the most annoying 'boke' type character in any series I've come across, and really was the main reason I got turned off by the series. He came off more as whiny rather than funny in most cases, so I have written this series off as 'not my kind of humour'.

But come episode 4... holy crap, Hisako happened. Despite her limited screen time, I can say watching the entire anime series was worth it for S2's episode 12 alone.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
j.c. staff, shounen, slice of life