AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 12:03   Link #61
LKK

Crunchyroll will stream the show starting Tuesday, Jan 8.

Quote:
AMNESIA is set to broadcast every Tuesday starting on January 8, at 7:30am Pacific Time for its premium members, and January 15 for free members.
Quote:
AMNESIA will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands & Scandinavia.
[Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 12:48   Link #62
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 13:36   Link #63
RainbowMagnet

I'm really digging the opening song. Too bad Brains Base did one hell of a lazy job animating it (mainly talking about the 20-sec. long sequence where the heroine is falling down).

The episode itself was pretty enjoyable. Got really "otome game" in the second half though. Actually the whole episode felt more like an animated otome game rather than anime.

Last edited by RainbowMagnet; 2013-01-08 at 11:50.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 13:38   Link #64
Miraluka
Banned

Opening:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:51   Link #65
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Opening:
The opening theme seriously reminds me of C3 due to the artistic display of a cube, and the music somewhat reminds me of "Another Heaven" by earthmind (with a bit of "Arcadia" as well), accompanied by Nagi Yanagi's wonderful voice. Hope Brain's Base will keep the good job animating this !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:42   Link #66
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The opening theme seriously reminds me of C3 due to the artistic display of a cube, and the music somewhat reminds me of "Another Heaven" by earthmind (with a bit of "Arcadia" as well), accompanied by Nagi Yanagi's wonderful voice. Hope Brain's Base will keep the good job animating this !
The animators at Brain Base have not failed to please; I'm very happy to see this.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 21:07   Link #67
mistress_kisara

Damn, I absolutely LOVE the OP song. I'm just waiting for the subs now
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 22:38   Link #68
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

It's nagi, what's not to like? Waiting for the subs as well.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 02:00   Link #69
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

A nice OP. I LOVE the song.

The visuals... there were a couple of parts that had some very awkward transitions and/or positioning of characters. Mainly 1:00~1:02. Just... ugh. And 0:46~0:51 looked cheap and lazily done. That blasted cube looked more interesting than those lame static cut-ins.

While I agree with RainbowMagnet that the falling down sequence was also lazy work, I feel it's very appropriate. It helps to convey what the protag's going through, I think. Especially if the stars/falling cards are supposed to be representative of her lost memories or whatever. (I also liked the concept of the rotating film strips that play homage to the song's title, though it could've been done better.) Maybe they could have cut between that falling scene and something else in one or two-second timed swaps in order to break up the monotony of the sequence?

Don't get me wrong, I do like the OP. It was just kinda awkward for my tastes at times... Okay, I'm done nitpicking! XD

Anyway, looking forward to watching the first episode.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2013-01-09 at 07:49.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 12:21   Link #70
Bern-san

The episode is already subbed.

A bit of an introduction to everything.
Spoiler for episode 1 comparison to the source material:

Let's see how this is going to evolve over the next episodes.

The OP rocks, although I'm a bit disappointed in the visuals since I tend to really enjoy the openings of Brain Base animes.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-09 at 18:40. Reason: removed spoiler hint
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 12:31   Link #71
HandofFate

wow, this has to be the dumbest shoujo lead I ever seen. And there's a ton of them for the competition.

oh hey, I have amnesia, but I'm not going to tell anyone that something is wrong with me, and will try to sort things on my own to the confusion of everyone else.

and that spirit things explanation on why she shouldn't go to the hospital is retarded. That's not how they handle cases of amnesia. They will tell her to try to hang around people she knows and places to regain her memory, the exact same thing the spirit said, only now everyone will know what's going on, and all this random confusion is solved.
Old 2013-01-08, 12:39   Link #72
ookamigirl

The characters are really nice. I like the looks and style.
A girl with a sudden amnesia story. A spirit called Orion.
Looks like she'll have to play some memory hunting games.
This is totally a shoujo anime with a standard troubled heroine.
I'm expecting a stretched story with hot & cool guys.
The spirit thing could make things more interesting when the story evolves.
Just like in any shoujo anime, the development of the story is really slow.
I'll give this a few more episodes just 'cause I like the characters.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 12:47   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Slow, but some good aspects.

Nazuka Kaori is beyond wonderful. Excellent, excellent voice acting. Her voice creates a feeling of deep unease, which is exactly appropriate. At the moment, I'm thinking of this as one of best performances I've heard in a while.

I like the character design a lot. I've never seen eyes like that, and I like them.

This is a fantasy, so caviling about how logical she is being is beside the point, in my opinion. What's important are her feelings and the relationships with the bishounen, which have yet to begin to develop. The spirit ex machina works for me. She/he is needed to knit the situation together, and to make sure we realize it is a fantasy. Pretty nice work by Igarashi Hiromi.

Loved the OP song by Yanagi Nagi.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 13:28   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The otome vibes were strong, which of course makes sense since it is an otome game adaptation. The guys all dress so fabulously... it's like they're all part of a visual kei band or something

The set-up was rather intriguing, and I enjoyed the eerie atmosphere of the first episode. I'm not exactly sure where the story is headed, but I like what I've seen so far. Kaori Nazuka's performance was indeed excellent, I don't think this first episode would have been as captivating if it weren't for her voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
wow, this has to be the dumbest shoujo lead I ever seen. And there's a ton of them for the competition.

oh hey, I have amnesia, but I'm not going to tell anyone that something is wrong with me, and will try to sort things on my own to the confusion of everyone else.
To be fair, it was Orion who told her to keep quiet about her condition, and since he is pretty much the only person she knows, it makes sense for her to follow his advice. She isn't dumb, she is simply lost, and that's understandable given her current situation.
Old 2013-01-08, 15:50   Link #75
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Ugh, Ikki's crazy fangirls have made their appearance......

Not much is going on, but the episode does a decent job setting up the creepy atmosphere.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2013-01-08 at 16:09.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:20   Link #76
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Well, the show lives up to it's name Straight in there for the first episode. I'm a little worried about the main character though, I have a feeling in some future episodes i'll be shouting at the screen telling her to do the exact opposite of what she's doing, but that's just me

A pretty interest episode though, the show did good at making me feel sorry for the main character. It made me hope that she's alright in the next episode after that ending. It will be interesting to see what things unfold throughout the anime with the memories such as the promise she broke etc.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:34   Link #77
mistress_kisara

Well it's a little slow and they changed some stuff from the game. It was better than I expected I hope it would be a little faster since its only 12 eps.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 18:02   Link #78
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 1

> I'm hooked but the OP song... very nicely done IMHO. You get the romance vibe even at the start.

> Good anime design. Reminds me of Kaname of Vampire Knight. Nicely done clothes. I really like it.... Originality...

> Cool guys plus damsel is a big point for me...

> a good contender for best romance anime this season after last season's Hiiro no Kakera
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 08:13   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, I so wanna punch Ikki. Reminds me too much of NTR 'antagonists' for some reason (maybe because of his weird looks? I dunno). Doesn't help that Shin/Toma are basically tagged as osananajimi from the get go.

But holy crap, the main heroine is so moe... unusual for otome game based anime. The combination of her situation, her attitude, her voice, and her facial expressions really gives rise to the "I wanna protect her" feeling even without the osananajimi tag. Plus, she really sells the kimono maid uniform, which looks great on her.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 22:57   Link #80
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Haven't played the game so don't know how the story starts but I feel the first episode was quite slow. I guess they're setting up the cards ( ) for upcoming episodes. I do hope the heroine becomes a bit more lively in the next episode because she's really dragging things...D: And goodness almost all shoujo cliches were found in this first eppy (the tripping on invisible rug, the crazy fangirls, the cut finger and the heroine being all passive and meek...).

Wasn't very impressed with the first episode. I will try a few more to see if plot gets any better (...and the girl becomes more active <_< ).

OP song is nice, though.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo