AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-21, 14:25   Link #541
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by langjai
anyone watch it?
like it / hate it... what are your thoughts?
i personally liked the beginning of it but the ending left must to be desired
I loved it. The ending was set up that way to make way for a S2 if they they decide to do so. Overall I though it was a fitting ending, hey why not have one Shikimori for each of the girls, *ding* problem solved.
Old 2004-07-21, 14:37   Link #542
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think the overall series is okay, above average harem show, but I absolutely love the ending! Such an ingenius way to solve the one-boy-too-many-girls problem in harem shows
Old 2004-07-22, 04:32   Link #543
langjai

so there will be a season 2 or is that just speculations?
and if season 2 comes out, will it automatically be considered licenced by ADV?
Old 2004-07-22, 16:46   Link #544
Innotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by langjai
so there will be a season 2 or is that just speculations?
and if season 2 comes out, will it automatically be considered licenced by ADV?
right now speculation, but the way it ended leaves a gigantic opening for a sequel. Of all the recent shows, Id put my highest bet on Maburaho getting a sequel, provided its popular enough (which judging by its art style, fun characters, cute ending, and harem layout, Id say it will be)
Old 2004-09-11, 02:09   Link #545
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

What's with Maburaho's ending???

This is probably an old topic but I felt like bringing it up after finally finishing this series.

WHAT IS IT WITH THE ENDING!?!?!??!?!

He turned back human but why are there suddenly like ten of him? Is that, and the little kid who suddenly says she's his wife, and all that a setup for a second season of Maburaho? (which would be REALLY nice)

Comments? Answers?

EDIT: Errr, ummm..... do as ytou wish.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2004-09-11 at 03:58.
Old 2004-09-11, 07:53   Link #546
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
It really isn't explained well, I just came up with my own conclusion of he has so much magic that one of him can't hold it all after he was restored. They go on about memories and stuff, and how he doesn't want people to fight over him...but that would be resolved with 4 instead of the huge #. And the little girl...I have no clue, got images of her with the other 4 but that's it. Maybe in the manga? But a second season would be cool. I'll take a guess and say the little girl comes from the future and is Kazukis kid, but of course, it raises the question of who the mother is. She looks like a combination of Kuriko, Rin and Yuna, but ya never know.
Old 2006-06-14, 16:55   Link #547
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think the overall series is okay, above average harem show, but I absolutely love the ending! Such an ingenius way to solve the one-boy-too-many-girls problem in harem shows
This is so old, but I agree. Easy way to solve the classic harem problem that often leaves me kinda sad at the end. Inconclusive but who cares, at least the feel good aura is preserved. They should end all harems on upbeat notes like this, inconclusive or not
Old 2006-06-14, 18:18   Link #548
monster

Yeah, the ending was great. And thank you Shredder for making me remember the name of this anime by bumping this thread. I kept confusing it with Mahoraba, another anime I enjoyed, though not as much.
Old 2006-10-15, 22:18   Link #549
Levski
Banned

WELL i hate, like, and have hope for the next season if there will ever be one.

I HATE that no girl ended up with him. That is bullshit. I currently watched several "romance" animes and in none of them there was a kiss. i was waiting for a fucking kiss or confesion.

I loved how kick ass he was. I liked t he story as it had twists here and there to keep ya guessing and that pivotal use of his last magic number. That was great.

I hope in season two he chooses one of them finally. Better be the pink-haired bitch Also he also should be able to use his magic infinitively and become back into one so his body has all the magic back. I don't think the clones is a good thing.

Wait... he will be able to come back together right or has the manga even gone past the anime or?

Last edited by Levski; 2006-10-15 at 22:40.
Old 2006-10-16, 00:28   Link #550
jellybeans

maburaho was really good i liked it especially ep 12 and 24, i was kinda lost at the ending and kinda upset that he didnt pick a girl and i really wanted yuna to be the wife, shes been there since the start. she really cared about him, she may go crazy at times but i still want her to be the wife. hmm i wonder where does all the kazukis stay since theres like 10 of them and does that mean that all 10 of them have 8 times to cast magic meaning they have 80 in total? the ending left me hanging so i decided to go look online found on wikipedia that the new student follows kazuki around in the manga? and checks his magic? searched around looking to see what the ending might be and read that the manga still continues so im kinda lost here i found maburaho volume 2 with the chapter titles? was wondering if thats whats going to happen if there is s2
Spoiler:

could someone clarify this if it has anything to do with s2?T_T hope yuna doesnt lose

Last edited by jellybeans; 2006-10-16 at 01:38.
Old 2006-10-16, 11:27   Link #551
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Hmmm I have the english R1 Lets see if I can explain it
Spoiler:

But in case you didn't know, Maburaho is continued in Maburaho Colorful (Manga Only) where you meet the last girl (From the Anime) and her power is needed to keep Kazuki from blowing up (or something like that). Unfortunately Yuna in the Manga is the same as Yuna in Eps 26.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-10-16, 16:56   Link #552
jellybeans

o.o sorry theres a eps 26? what do u mean unfortunately? XD
@_@ i hope they release the new eps i looked the anime been out for 3years?
Old 2006-10-16, 19:23   Link #553
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Nm, it's 24, I keep getting that count wrong.

And Yes I hope they make new episodes.

Old 2006-10-16, 19:55   Link #554
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

There are 24 eps as far as i know, he probably typed 26 by an accident :P Since i wasnt arround here earlier might as well say my thoughts now.

Overall, it was a good show. Yuna was my favorite from the start, but she really managed to get on my nerves in the later episodes. She seriously needs to chill - she doesnt even let Kazuki talk to other girls She just needs to take a chill-pill. Judging by the end she is still the one whose together with Kazuki(before the army of clones appear so then basicly everyone is together with him ). And he definitely doesnt seem the type to leave, even if from the fear of getting blown up

Seriously, the whole Yuna antics got on my nerves to a point where i prefered Yamase to her. Then came ep 23-24.....seriously, i cant ever remember me starting to HATE a character as fast as i started to hate Yamase. She loves him? Seemed more like selfish brat who doesnt give a damn that Kazuki might suffer for all eternity as long as he remembers her.

Seriously, i just wanted to get a stick and beat some sense in to her. At least the other two girls got the right idea.

The ending...well.....sucked in my book. I would prefer a 'my girl doesnt get chosen' over the crap we got (which might be a bit biased from my POV considering that Yuna still had my vote in the end and she suposedly won(wow, what a surprise considering the OP and that she is the font of ED), but honestly i would have prefered him ending together with someone and the other three crying their hearts out over 'lets give one Kazuki for everyone'). Obviously they are trying to make all the girls happy, but meh.... this was not to my likeing.

What else was missing? Oh, yes - a god damn kiss scene.... i seriously would have prefered the last 5 mins showing him getting horizontal with Yuna instead of another 'normal' schoolday)....and i have to say that story-wise that would have made more sense than suddenly pulling a dozen clones out of the behind.

And one thing...so as far as i understood Kazuki was the one that the manager and the doctors sister (dont remember their names...typing at 3:45 am ftw....not...my brain is numb) loved in the past? How in the heck is that possible ? I have no problems thinking that these three could be some semi-ghosts or what not...but Kazuki? Ok, if he forgot his memories back then its ok - but how the heck did his body get younger? plothole ftw >?

And no second season please, there is nothing to work with. Only thing they could make is another Da Capo style crap - from the start its almost certain that Nemu would be the one, with a small chance of Sakura (wow, kinda like here, no ? Grand chance of it being Yuna, with a small chance of Yamase) - some mish mash happens and the protagonist ends up with Yuna (Nemu in DC) (The same concept as well - the childhood friend long no seen VS a more recent girl, with the more recent coming on top)

If they would make a second season i see it being the same as DC second season - for anything to happen it would require for Yuna to magically dissapear (like Nemu in DC)and the rest of the girls get shots at Kazuki again....untill at some point Yuna would come back and its bye bye to every one again and he ends up marrying her.... im sorry, but this is how i see the things would go in the second season given the current situation - it would be Da Capo all over again.

So in conclusion, was the series good ? Yes, i enjoyed it (minus the Yuna jealousy going overboard and her getting simply annoying at times and my immense hate towards Hayase in the end). But it could have been better. It had the potential to do a lot more and better stuff than it did. This is what id like to call a wasted potential, especially the lack of character development for at least last 12 eps. ( unless you consider everyones IQ dropping a fair margin 'development')

And i didnt like the ending in particular. End it after he gets back to being human. End it with him kissing someone. End it with him losing all memories and be a sad ending. End it with him losing all memories but later that heart pendant triggers his memories of at least Yuna.End it with him having sex with Yuna. .... Just dont end it with materialising an army of clones so that every one can be happy go lucky and have a Kazuki stored in house just because there are many available.

Doesnt seem like i liked it much, ne ? :P Not true, i liked it for the light comedy that it was with the ocasional sparks of drama. It was worth watching for entertainment value and i certainly dont regret watching it, and its something i would recomend to people.

Sorry about the long post, just felt like ranting before collapsing in to coma... please excuse any grammar mistakes, cause im writing with only one eye opened lol :P I really should avoid these typing outbursts at 3-4 am where i should be long asleep... certainly does no good for my grammar + my brain feels like passing out+ cant keep eyes open ..... cya, off to get some sleep.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2006-10-17 at 04:52.
Old 2007-02-04, 09:29   Link #555
rarukyu
umeboshi

haha awesome series! although the ending was pretty good yet still made be go," huh new character? another one that says to be kazukis wife? second season!? what a way to end a series with a new character. haha though it has been quite a long time since this series ended i'm still hoping there would be a second season! =)
Old 2007-04-23, 18:27   Link #556
animeffs13240
V for Victory

What I thought

The series was actually quite enjoyable. I found it pretty humourous and Kazuma is pretty much the basic male of harem, but even more pitiful. I love how each of the girls (besides Yuna) first hated him, but started to grow attached to him, knowing that he does not use his magic for selfish reasons. There were some unexpected parts that threw the anime on a different course than I had originally expected it to be. There were some emotional parts
Spoiler for disc 3 last episode:

The end of the series just completly blown my mind, it was really the last thing I expected
Spoiler for ending of Maburaho:

Overall the series was romantic, funny, and even had some serious parts that could bring some people to tears....great pick for people who love harems of a man being chased by many women.
Old 2007-04-23, 19:47   Link #557
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
It's Kazuki, not Kazuma.
Old 2007-04-24, 07:15   Link #558
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It's Kazuki, not Kazuma.
thanks i knew that sounded wrong....i was posting too much in the scr-y-ed forum so i got a little confused
Old 2007-06-14, 18:45   Link #559
Pengu

I really liked the 1st 12 episodes. I loved most of the characters, except Kazuki who was more of a fool than I've seen for quite a while.

A real weakling in every sense. He wasted his magical abilities on extremly trival things when he only could use magic for a few more times and then die.
Every time he was reminded he shouldn't use magic he just made a stupid thoughtless answer and went on and used it on some unnecessary things again.
And then he sacrifices his own life for Yuuna, even though he doesn't love here.
Such an obilivious optimistict weakling.

Otherwise it was really fun and the end after 12 episodes would had been sad but great. Instead the story just squewed downhill from there.
All that about him becoming a ghost just ruined alot for me and made it into a low lvl comedy act which just went on til the end.

Well, at least the 1st 12 were great.
I know very little about the sequel, Maburaho colorful. Only a manga?
How many volumes exist?
Old 2007-06-14, 22:16   Link #560
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I think only 2.

Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem, shounen