Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-06, 01:35   Link #21
Siegel Clyne

KimiKiss Game Character Descriptions, Asuka's Afro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Anybody mind making a short summary (one or two lines) of each girl? I usually can find stuff like that over the net via google or wiki, but sadly not for this one despite being somewhat popular from what I hear. Any help to get me more hyped up about this series is appreciated.

IGN: A Love Sim From Ichiro

Quote:
Luckily enough, when you return to school, you find yourself in the company of six hotties. Hoshino Yuumi is a second year stdent who works at the library and loves to read. Satonaka Narumi is a first year student who loves cooking -- she especially loves making udon. Mizusawa Mao is third year, and she just loves to talk and dress up. Sakino Asuka is a second year athletic type who doesn't have much taste for studying. Futami Eriko, a second year loner type, loves junk food. Finally, there's Shijyo Mitsuki, a second year student who plays piano and collects British antiquities.

The characters in the anime version may or may not significantly differ from their counterparts in the game version. According to Japanese fans, there is not much of a story to the game, so how this affects characters in the anime remains to be seen.

Below is a photo of the four KimiKiss seiyuu guests at a special KimiKiss animation and drama CD event held in Tokyo on Sunday, July 29, 2007.

From left to right: Tanaka Rie (Futami Eriko), Ikezawa Haruna (Mizusawa Mao), Mizuhashi Kaori (Satonaka Narumi), Hirohashi Ryou (Sakino Asuka)

Ikezawa Haruna's hairstyle is that of her KimiKiss character, Mizusawa Mao, while Hirohashi Ryou sports an Afro.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 22:25   Link #22
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The anime home page lists the cast as Siegel Clyne did on post #5. In that order. Yuumi (Koshimizu Ami) listed first. No male seiyuu listed at all. The cast looks outstanding. The director looks outstanding.

This fall, Kawasumi Ayako stars in Mokke and Shion no Ou, and is also in Genshiken 2. She'll be busy enough.
I saw the list but I was just hoping that maybe there are more to be added before the series premier. The cast is still wonderful like you said so I will not complain.

Since there is no male seiyuu listed, I am even more curious as to how the anime will turn out. Perhaps, they will resort to yuri? J/k. ^^;

[off-topic (I'm sorry)] I am actually looking forward to Mokke the most out of the fall season and I still didn't know about Ayako's role as Shizuru! So, thank you! Coincidentally, the other two titles you have mentioned are also on my must-watch list, too. Along with Shugo Chara and Moyasimon. :Excited:
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 23:15   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thanks Siegel. No wonder it didn't show up in my search results...

And judging by the character descriptions, I see the typical stereotypes: the nerd, the cook, the popular chick, the female jock, and the artsy girl. Most interesting though from the character descriptions is Eriko, being a female glutton and all (you don't see many of those around). (Un?)Fortunately, no childhood friend for me to root for/feel depressed over her losing. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 12:35   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Most interesting though from the character descriptions is Eriko, being a female glutton and all (you don't see many of those around)....
Female glutton: Momoka in Touka Gettan. (Also beautiful, moe, and brilliantly voiced.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 00:22   Link #25
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Spoiler for Touka Gettan Rant:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 04:00   Link #26
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

This series looks pretty interesting and if the animation is similar to the designs of the characters on the front covers that were shown, I think it could have a refreshing feel about it because at the moment all charcaters are starting to look similar and feel the same in terms of looks and style.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 13:57   Link #27
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I incidentally stumbled across these two images and got interested on which series they were from:

And so I investigated. The first bell rang after I saw it was produced by J.C.STAFF, seeing that usually I like all of their works, the second when I read the seiyuu cast (Nakahara Mai, Tanaka Rie, Noto Mamiko just so to speak). But my expectations went high when I saw the director's name, Kasai Kenichi (Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile), probably along with Shinbo the one whose works I like the most.

What to say, I don't even know a bit about the story (aside it is a harem), but I'm already sold, let's see what Kasai-san will pull out of this. I'm very very confident though.
Old 2007-09-29, 14:04   Link #28
UPR

Man im a real sucker when it comes to romance. This is defenitly something ill start watching.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:05   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is one show I would start watching purely on the basis of staff and cast. Kasai Kenichi and Koshimizu Ami? Sold. Character designer Iwakura Kazunori did excellent work on Sky Girls and also did Ai yori Aoshi. And I liked the ED for Hidamari Sketch done by marble, who does the OP here.
Quote:
Spoiler for Touka Gettan Rant:
Spoiler for Touka Gettan anti-rant:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 20:28   Link #30
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 09:48   Link #31
iamthebest22

yeah I'm a sucker for romance and emotional stuff, however, I hope this doesn't have a sad ending like Air TV did, cause I bawled after finishing that and was depressed for a bit T_T.
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 11:23   Link #32
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthebest22 View Post
yeah I'm a sucker for romance and emotional stuff, however, I hope this doesn't have a sad ending like Air TV did, cause I bawled after finishing that and was depressed for a bit T_T.
yeah i know what you mean. I really hope for a good ending, where there is a couple at the end.
Old 2007-10-05, 02:18   Link #33
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, I'm not going to spoil anything, but KimiKiss is down-to-earth, a simple school life romance story. It's not Kanon or AIR or Clannad or anything profound and deep.

Anyway, the KimiKiss special that aired was pretty much...boring. I'm surprised that there had not been even a single animated promo for KimiKiss pure rouge.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 02:23   Link #34
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, I'm not going to spoil anything, but KimiKiss is down-to-earth, a simple school life romance story. It's not Kanon or AIR or Clannad or anything profound and deep.

Anyway, the KimiKiss special that aired was pretty much...boring. I'm surprised that there had not been even a single animated promo for KimiKiss pure rouge.
JCStaff never releases any kind of substantial promotional video (or usually, almost any promotional material at all aside from a cast list and some pictures on a website) for their stuff. It's a weird quirk of their's. At most, you might see a 15 second commercial or the like a week or two before the show starts airing.

I have no idea why, they just hate advertising their stuff for some reason.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 02:50   Link #35
DanielSong39

There is a manga release of KimiKiss; the first volume covers the Mao path, and has been scanslated up to Chapter 5. If the anime is comparable in quality, I'd be quite pleased. Loved the character interactions between Mao, Kouichi, and Nana in the manga.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 21:39   Link #36
Siegel Clyne

Two More Seiyuu Confirmed in KimiKiss pure rouge Anime Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Another two seiyuu have been announced in the KimiKiss pure rouge cast, one reprising her game role in the anime, the other new to the game, er, anime.

Kawada Tomoko: Kawasumi Ayako
Aihara Kouichi: Hino Satoshi

Kawasumi Ayako voices the young teacher Kawada Tomoko throughout the Kimi Kiss / Kimi Kiss Second Season drama CDs, and appears in one of the anime recording session cast group photos as well, so it is no surprise to find her voicing Kawada Tomoko once again in the Kimi Kiss pure rouge anime.

On the other hand, it comes as a big surprise to many to find Hino Satoshi as the voice actor for male protagonist Aihara Kouichi in the anime. (Kouichi is voiceless in the game). Many had expected it to be Mizushima Takahiro, who voices Kouichi in the drama CDs.

A 2ch post mentions that in a recent magazine interview, Mizushima Takahiro says he plays a "Aihara Kazuteru/Ikki" or something in the KimiKiss pure rouge anime.

We shall see.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-10-05 at 21:56.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 21:59   Link #37
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hino Satoshi for Kou1, huh?

Well, I've only heard Mizushima's work once in the KimiKiss DCD up on nico, but I suppose it shouldn't be too much all that different considering the character Kou1 is going for. Considering that it's Hino, there should be the lighter, more effeminate tone to it. Not a bad casting choice.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-06, 02:05   Link #38
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

They recently put out a promotional half hour special on Kimikiss. Koshimizu Ami hosted in a manner of speaking; she introduced the various sections and spoke a bit about her character. Basically, they had each of the main girls' seiyuu come on and make a short statement about "what kind of girl is she", "a major point about her", and "fan message". I won't bother listing them all out, because someone above me did a much better job than I could do with my poor Japanese skills. I was surprised to see Hirohashi still sported a strange hairdo with it gathered in a huge bunch on the top of her head...I wonder what sort of phase she's going through?

They also took a look at the studio workspace, interviewed the producer Matsukura Yuji about the anime's storyline, and spoke to the singers for the OP and ED. Matsukura probably had some very interesting things to say about storyline, kisses, and the such, but I'll refrain from making guesses.

I was only slightly interested in this anime, but seeing some of the work they've put into the production has whetted my appetite to see more.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:09   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
I was only slightly interested in this anime, but seeing some of the work they've put into the production has whetted my appetite to see more.
I agree
The promotion where the seiyuus were talking about their character was quite interesting - even going to the singers for the OP/ED was also a nice surprise. I always like seeing such effort being put into a series and this live "behind the scenes" type of thing makes it just that more speical - kinda like doujin work ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:18   Link #40
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

All anime series are only made possible through pain-staking efforts by animators, sleeping in their work cabins, working overtime, animating, drawing the cells, coloring.

I didn't find the seiyuu talk on their characters particularly interesting personally, since they've revealed nothing new really, most of the stuff reflects the general outlook of their characters if you already have some knowledge on KimiKiss.

Well, it's only few hours more to go. Let's see how they intend to go about then. This and Clannad are the only 2 series of such natures (( though KimiKiss isn't really big on the story )) with huge popularities for its source material, and considering the staff that's involved (( H&C/Nodame/JC )) and (( Kyoto Animation )), it seems to be holding some weight in it's execution. Clannad episode 1 wasn't a disappointment, let's hope KimiKiss can capture its light, simple yet charming atmosphere well. In the end, it's all about the atmosphere and the execution of the characters... since it really can't rely on the weight of the plot.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen