AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-15, 01:02   Link #61
The Sandman

Here's my question about Ranka: what's with her hair? Is it just me, or does it actually seem to move on its own occasionally?
Old 2008-04-15, 04:15   Link #62
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
Here's my question about Ranka: what's with her hair? Is it just me, or does it actually seem to move on its own occasionally?
I wanna say it's b/c of her quarter Zentradi blood.

But something tells me it's much more than that.
Old 2008-04-15, 04:53   Link #63
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well if you are playing "Hide and Seek" with an alien race, I'm sure you wouldn't have a nice smile either. She can't stay lucky for too much longer.

We know that part of her is Zentradi (Meltlandi) but what about the rest? Meltlandi didn't have hair that they can control in the past releases IIRC.
Have you notice the red Vajra bio-mecha’s markings (i.e. spirals) is similar to Macross Zero’s floating rocks’ markings?
Old 2008-04-15, 05:19   Link #64
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Have you notice the red Vajra bio-mecha’s markings (i.e. spirals) is similar to Macross Zero’s floating rocks’ markings?
hey...nice catch.

Old 2008-04-15, 06:22   Link #65
ReddyRedWolf

Really?!

Guess I was right the biotechnology and beam weaponry resembled the birdman more.

So instead of solving the mystery of Megaroad-01.

The fates of Shin Kudo and Sara Nome would be revealed?

The Vajra is likely another mistake of the Protoculture.

Zentradi, Protodevlin... the Protoculture is beginning to look like the Ancients of Stargate SG1 and Atlantis where we have to clean up their messes.
Old 2008-04-15, 16:53   Link #66
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

The spiral markings on the Vajra are old hat, I read that somewhere else a while back (wikipedia?).

They certainly seem related though. How is a mystery to me. Also do Vajras have pilots? And more importantly what are their motives?

It does seem the Protoculture made a lot of mistakes though, but al least they're not around to clean them up like the precursors of Stargate, who would let the entire galaxy get destroyed.
Old 2008-04-15, 18:38   Link #67
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
The spiral markings on the Vajra are old hat, I read that somewhere else a while back (wikipedia?).

They certainly seem related though. How is a mystery to me. Also do Vajras have pilots? And more importantly what are their motives?

It does seem the Protoculture made a lot of mistakes though, but al least they're not around to clean them up like the precursors of Stargate, who would let the entire galaxy get destroyed.
I don't think Vajra have "pilots", anymore then a Zentradi "pilots" a Quimeliquola Queadluun-Rau power armour.

we can deduce this form the simply fact that when Ozma stabbed the Big Red VAJRA under the head at the "neck" joint, blood liquid squirted out, that highly suggest it was a biological fluid similar to "blood". This is further influenced by the fact that the VAJRA "died".

If the VAJRA is "piloted" then it is similar to the Valkyries human use. In that it is controlled and not worn like a SUIT.

As for the speculation over the protoculture, this is uncomfirmed.

all we know is that the downfall of the civilization was an accident that seems containable, the only mistake was to underestimate that FOUR prototype biological weapon could be so effective and easily possessed by unknown inter-dimensional entities.
Old 2008-04-15, 20:49   Link #68
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I don't think Vajra have "pilots", anymore then a Zentradi "pilots" a Quimeliquola Queadluun-Rau power armour.

we can deduce this form the simply fact that when Ozma stabbed the Big Red VAJRA under the head at the "neck" joint, blood liquid squirted out, that highly suggest it was a biological fluid similar to "blood". This is further influenced by the fact that the VAJRA "died".
The biomechanical mecha fever started by Evangelion might have finally caught up with Macross, which could explain the above if they are indeed "piloted".
Old 2008-04-15, 20:53   Link #69
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The biomechanical mecha fever started by Evangelion might have finally caught up with Macross, which could explain the above if they are indeed "piloted".

never thought it that way.

but if you stabbed a Eva robot in the neck, sure you get lots of blood, but would you kill the "pilot" as well?

unless the big red bug's "pilot" was in the head, it would still be able to move.

the fact that they made a show of it being loaded like a corpse, in the aftermath...

but then again they don't really go into detail so it might be like that. after they cart the body away, they cut it open to find dead "pilot" or something.

but personally i like big alien wearing biomechanical suit armour please.

if they had full size zentradi helping around then i might just go with the pilot thing....

but lack of giants makes me sad.
Old 2008-04-16, 01:22   Link #70
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

That was the angle I was getting at, I think it's more likely that they're just giant bugs being controlled by some external faction, that said it did respond to Ranka's scream.
Old 2008-04-16, 02:13   Link #71
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@Onizuka-GTO one of the first things I thought about after finishing episode 1 was where are the giants?

@encia and several others the vajra, macross zero floating rocks, and bridman should be discussed some where else. though on the topic of the vajra, ranka seems to know them some how.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-04-16, 06:38   Link #72
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Yeah, she seems to me to have had a previous traumatic experience involving them, I think all the zentraedi have been Micloned by now, certainly after having children.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:26   Link #73
Tabris

Quote:
Yeah, she seems to me to have had a previous traumatic experience involving them, I think all the zentraedi have been Micloned by now, certainly after having children.
Spoiler for Manga spoilers:

Also, in regards to Ranka later on, nothing major, but seriously cute (from the manga again)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-04-16 at 18:30.
Old 2008-04-16, 17:13   Link #74
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
well it makes sense to miclone if your in a colonisation fleet, increase the space required if your smaller.

But i disagree with your assessment, as that inthe Macross Universe they even haven colonisation fleet that is entirely zentradi and it is a matter of personal preference if they wish to be micloned or full size.

Since all the colonisation fleet are fully capable of catering to a Valkyrie in full battloid mode, air-locks, docks, shelters, storage space, corridors & etc.

It can easily cater for a full size zentradi, if they choose to live like so, and also have the funds for the right equipment in Zentradi size.
Old 2008-04-17, 01:09   Link #75
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I suppose it is possible that there's a colonization fleet entirely consisting of Zentraedi, I just thought all of them had intermarried with humans.

I think it's most probable that they operate a battle fleet (was Britai's fleet ever decommissioned?)
Old 2008-04-17, 01:45   Link #76
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
"Emote" hair perhaps?
Old 2008-04-17, 01:57   Link #77
encia

Quote:
Well, the similarities between the markings are meant to be found and this adds to Ranka’s story.
Old 2008-04-17, 02:06   Link #78
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
@Onizuka-GTO one of the first things I thought about after finishing episode 1 was where are the giants?

@encia and several others the vajra, macross zero floating rocks, and bridman should be discussed some where else. though on the topic of the vajra, ranka seems to know them some how.
With Ranka, one can't avoid Vajra's spiral markings and the spiral markings in Macross Zero.

Secondly, Ranka’s elevated voice and/or emotions cause some effects on Vajras. This in turn relates to Macross Zero's Sara.
Old 2008-04-17, 04:26   Link #79
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

what I meant was you and several people were discussing the vajra more than ranka in her character thread.

though ranka's music( or voice) clearly has an effect on the vajra, the first example is when alto accidently copes a feel she screams which seems to cause a vajra to be confused. the second example is when ranka runs past sheryl while singing the vajra attacked the fleet.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-04-17, 19:23   Link #80
Sun-Ku

Quote:
I suppose it is possible that there's a colonization fleet entirely consisting of Zentraedi, I just thought all of them had intermarried with humans.

Macross 5 was completely Zentradi but all(?) were miclonized. And well, the Maccross 5 fleet was destroyed.