AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Mai-Otome Character?
Nina Wong 22 7.21%
Erstin Ho 11 3.61%
Mashiro Windbloom 13 4.26%
Arika Yumemiya 32 10.49%
Shizuru Viola 75 24.59%
Irina Woods 6 1.97%
Natsuki Kruger 35 11.48%
Juliet Nao Zhang 51 16.72%
Haruka Armitage 14 4.59%
Sergey Wong 6 1.97%
Tomoe Marguerite 8 2.62%
Nagi Dai Artai 7 2.30%
Miya Clochette 1 0.33%
Other (list below) 24 7.87%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-21, 15:23   Link #141
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well I gues he is hated because OF Natsuki Since he spoiled her to no regognition and turned her from my most favourite character into the most hated one
Well I wouldn't blame him for it, I blame the manga artist for Nastuki, he did create it after all lol.
Old 2009-03-21, 16:06   Link #142
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

I quote Solar
How can you blame a character? They have no choice, poor things XD
Old 2009-03-21, 21:14   Link #143
kitten320

In that case you can't hate any character in any show and do bashing about him/her.
But it doesn't work like this...
Old 2009-03-22, 07:38   Link #144
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Actually I do not bash anyone. And, in my opinion, that's the stupidest thing that fandoms generated, along with shipping wars.
Of course, you are entitled not to like a character, but you should keep in mind that it behaves a certain way not because of another character or the circumstances, but just because the writers gave it some specific personality traits. And those are the things you hate.
Natsuki manga is bitchy with everyone because the writers wanted her that way, but hardly because they introduced Tate.
By the way, I don't like that her attitude too and I prefer so much Natsuki anime.
Old 2009-03-22, 19:52   Link #145
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Actually I do not bash anyone. And, in my opinion, that's the stupidest thing that fandoms generated, along with shipping wars.
Of course, you are entitled not to like a character, but you should keep in mind that it behaves a certain way not because of another character or the circumstances, but just because the writers gave it some specific personality traits. And those are the things you hate.
Natsuki manga is bitchy with everyone because the writers wanted her that way, but hardly because they introduced Tate.
By the way, I don't like that her attitude too and I prefer so much Natsuki anime.
Yeah likewise on Natsuki. Poor Tate is always bashed for the dumbest reason, the most being, "he gets in the way for Mai and Mikoto to be a couple" when those 2 were never going to be a couple in the first place.
Old 2009-03-24, 05:36   Link #146
kitten320

Characters are created in order to show us all kind of personalities of human world so actualy it is right not to like or hate some specific character since he/she was made in order to make people think about how he/she acts and why? As well as to start to think about yourself.
But yes,hate character only because that he gets in pairs way is wrong.
Old 2009-03-24, 21:19   Link #147
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Characters are created in order to show us all kind of personalities of human world so actualy it is right not to like or hate some specific character since he/she was made in order to make people think about how he/she acts and why? As well as to start to think about yourself.
But yes,hate character only because that he gets in pairs way is wrong.
That is so true.
Old 2009-03-25, 06:03   Link #148
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
That is so true.
Glad that you agree with me there
Old 2009-04-09, 01:08   Link #149
motaku96
もたく

I've been an Akane fan since Hime. I don't know why, I just really liked her from the start. I was disappointed in Hime since she didn't get much screen time. After all, she was out of the game right after her powers were revealed. In Otome, it seems like the creators decided to make up for that by giving her a bigger role. She's the top pearl student and the leader of Trias. Her uniform is also different from the other pearl students. Her's is white rather than the standard gray. I actually haven't finished the series yet. I'm waiting for vol. 4 to get to me. Damn, I have every volume(including the ova zwei) except for 4 and I have to wait for rightstuf to get more shipments before I can continue the series.
Old 2009-04-20, 08:22   Link #150
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Soo... the results of the popularity poll for the whole Hime/Otome cast are out.

http://www.my-zhime.net/himerank02/index.html

Not at all surprised by the people who ranked first and second, but for me comes a bit unexpected the 3rd place of Sergay. Never knew that the Major was so loved :P
Sakura got a great result. This franchise needs more of her (and her Master <---shameless fangirl) ^^

Now, we can vote here for the favorite pairing http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/vote/myhime_partner/
Have the results for the favorite pairing poll been revealed yet?
Old 2009-04-20, 10:04   Link #151
Nism

I think that it will come out May 1rst, as it appears on the top of the first poll result page.
Old 2009-05-01, 04:07   Link #152
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Now, we can vote here for the favorite pairing http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/vote/myhime_partner/
Results are out: http://www.my-zhime.net/himerank02/index.html

I am... completely not surprised here.

Well, at least two of my favorite pairings made it to the list at third place. Arika/Mashiro for Otome, and Rena/S.ifr for S.ifr. A bit sad that Mai/Natsuki didn't make it, but trying to fight both Shiznat and TateMai away from was a bit too much I guess.

Still, could anyone translate the 4-10 pairings? I'm curious who else made the list.
Old 2009-05-01, 07:22   Link #153
Nism

Hum, i can give for Mai Hime, since i recognize some kanji names (if a made a mistake, be free to signal it), but i don't speak japanese and i'm not a My Zhime fan, sorry for the two other lists. Maybe an Otome's fan will be able to "translate" it.

So, the rest of Mai Hime couple list is :

4 : Alyssa x Myu
5 : Mai x Natsuki
6 : Mikoto x Nao
7 : Haruka x Yukino
8 : Mikoto x Mai
9 : Natsuki x Nao (lol, Natsuki, you sl.t all these girls just for you).
10 : Mashiro x Nagi

Well,
I'm slightly surprised to not see Chie x Aoi, as they are "more" canon than other pairings here. And they seemed to have some success if you take into account fanartist's work.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:13   Link #154
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nism View Post
Hum, i can give for Mai Hime, since i recognize some kanji names (if a made a mistake, be free to signal it), but i don't speak japanese and i'm not a My Zhime fan, sorry for the two other lists. Maybe an Otome's fan will be able to "translate" it.

So, the rest of Mai Hime couple list is :

4 : Alyssa x Myu
5 : Mai x Natsuki
6 : Mikoto x Nao
7 : Haruka x Yukino
8 : Mikoto x Mai
9 : Natsuki x Nao (lol, Natsuki, you sl.t all these girls just for you).
10 : Mashiro x Nagi

Well,
I'm slightly surprised to not see Chie x Aoi, as they are "more" canon than other pairings here. And they seemed to have some success if you take into account fanartist's work.
Absolutely, I give kudos for Takumi x Akira for getting both second places and today the first novel of new My-HiME project comes out today
Old 2009-06-08, 15:21   Link #155
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

What?!?!? My fan-made pairing Shiho x Mikoto not on the list?!?!?! How disappointing... oh well.
Old 2009-07-27, 07:24   Link #156
tonjajtop

Cool

shiznat was the reason i watched Mai hime& mai otome
but i also found out that there was many things worth-watching beside yuri
to choose the favorite one
natsuki of course , i like her anyway
no matter which natsuki
Old 2009-07-27, 18:42   Link #157
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Prayer View Post
What?!?!? My fan-made pairing Shiho x Mikoto not on the list?!?!?! How disappointing... oh well.
*pats-pats-pats*

Aww... don't feel sad, Sugar-chan! ^_^

I see Mai X Mikoto and Mai X Natsuki in the list! YAY! =3
Old 2009-09-30, 02:26   Link #158
picomagic

> <

i like Akira but she seems to be neglected T T... maybe so unimportant

Old 2009-10-01, 19:38   Link #159
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Don't worry, picomagic...

I'm not saying I hate her but I just find Mai to be a better lead character than Arika. Though I do respect Arika for her courage and determination. I can relate to her as well. For instance, I want to be a film director as much as Arika wanting to be an Otome! ^_^
Old 2009-10-02, 08:01   Link #160
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

And I am just amazed at the fact that Nao is holding onto 2nd place...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread