Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-22, 01:01   Link #101
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
They can't get rid of Afro Guy.

Hes friggen Afro Guy. As was seen by Nabeshin, Guys with Afros are invincible.
Long live Ken-chan!!!!!

Eh?!! Wrong thread again
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-01-22, 01:33   Link #102
Goldsplinter

Quote:
They can't get rid of Afro Guy.

Hes friggen Afro Guy. As was seen by Nabeshin, Guys with Afros are invincible.
Reminds of the Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-etc etc. Guy
Old 2006-01-22, 03:13   Link #103
Kurosaki-dono

Send a message via AIM to Kurosaki-dono
It was ok i cant wait to see the 65th epi and see some fighten. It going to be yummy to my tummy
Old 2006-01-22, 07:25   Link #104
kagato3

After watching the ending again for like the 20th time I'm begining to think the mystery three might be Mod souls like Kon. As after it show each of the plushies it then shows what looks like Chappy (the replacement soul that Rukia wanted) add to that Renji saying he forgot to bring a replacement soul.
Old 2006-01-22, 11:58   Link #105
Thraw
Grand Admiral Thraw

Location: Pruszcz Gdański, wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Polska, Europa, Układ Słoneczny :P
in my opinion, episode 64 is...... wierd .. they back from "heaven" and now they must go to "hell" ;] but i'm waiting for 65 and i want to know what will happen there
Old 2006-01-22, 12:41   Link #106
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I think those a just a few funny creations for the ending, nothing more.
About Renji not bringing a replacement soul: It doesn't make any sense at all, that he is running around in a Gigai, so why should he even bring a soul?

To facilitate easy escape from his gigai, and to allow his gigai to escape from the fighting area.
Old 2006-01-22, 13:19   Link #107
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

For the hell of it, if it's Renji, it's not too off character. There's no rule stating that he can't use a gigai if he wanted to.

And I'm also leaning towards those trio being mod souls, but it's too early to tell yet where this story arc will be leading us.
Old 2006-01-22, 13:26   Link #108
kagato3

It seems like normal gigai's let a Shinigami recharge while on earth. In all the cases you sited the Shinigami were not going to be on Earth long term, Rukia was just there to kill the hollow and would have gone right back home, same with the replacement, and Byakuya and Renji were there to pick up Rukia and take her back. Sandle hat guy and a few others that have been on Earth long term (and are spoilers) use gigai's as well. From this we can tell Renji was sent to earth for a long term mission and he defently isn't telling Ichgo the whole story something big must be going down if the have asigned a VC to Ichgo's area 24/7
Old 2006-01-22, 17:25   Link #109
scryed_reaper

Thumbs up My 2 cents

Hello all,

I enjoyed the first half of ep64 because it reminded me of the goad ole days were even tho it was a serious show i was always grinning. I notice a large change in art, Ichigo is alot more toned and has a more sharp attitude tho not by a whole lot.

They had me tricked cuz i thought her brother had indeed turned good and way there to reassure her and then BAMM evil girl from hell lol

In some ways im dissapointed in the off topic story arc but at the same time i have been getting worried because the show is juuuust nipping the ass end of the manga and their either gonna hafta turn the anime episodes into 2 episode powerups like dragonball z or their going to overshoot the manga in notime!! So ill suffer with a few story arcs but ONLY if they dont suck... Plus i do want to learn a bit more about the nobal houses, arrancers/vizzards, uhara and his 2 'kids' that dont really seem to be his, and just generally fill in a few gaps cuz as all ppl that follow the manga know were all slightly confused at the moment...

Well thats my 2 cents, feel free to take a penny or leave a penny!!
Old 2006-01-22, 18:10   Link #110
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
You should have read my complete post: It doesn't make sense for him to run around in a Gigai in the first place. Shinigami only use them, when they have lost their powers/are wounded. Rukia didn't use one before she lost her powers to Ichigo, her replacement didn't use one, the same applies to Byakuya and Renji during their first visit.
So under normal circumstances he wouldn't need a replacement soul, because he wouldn't use a Gigai.

The question is: Why does he use a Gigai?

I can't tell you.

Go read the manga if you want to know
Old 2006-01-22, 23:32   Link #111
Kurosaki-dono

^is that what u think or know?^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
And I'm also leaning towards those trio being mod souls, but it's too early to tell yet where this story arc will be leading us.
I want to believe that but i dont think so, i think The small one is right it is just some funny thing for the end.;D
Old 2006-01-23, 18:41   Link #112
U<3Anime
Boo!

One thing that REALLY bothered me through whole episode is ichigo's eyes. For some reason the anime team have decided to give him bigger and more shiney eyes than usual....>_> Which just looks weird and doesnt fit him.
Old 2006-01-23, 20:14   Link #113
Kurosaki-dono

I did not see that o.O i will look that is odd.
Old 2006-01-23, 20:18   Link #114
Arti

Quote:
I can't tell you.

Go read the manga if you want to know
I'm a manga reader but I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

Perhaps Renji is doing it to conceal his spirit power. After all, it attracts hollows.
Old 2006-01-23, 22:18   Link #115
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti
I'm a manga reader but I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.
I think I know what he meant, but I'm not sure it is relevant.

Anyway, a conversation about this is NOT going to happen in this thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-24, 00:18   Link #116
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I think I know what he meant, but I'm not sure it is relevant.

Anyway, a conversation about this is NOT going to happen in this thread.

Which is why I did not comment on it further

Oh wait...shit, I just did.
Old 2006-01-26, 04:34   Link #117
DragonKinfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryed_reaper

In some ways im dissapointed in the off topic story arc but at the same time i have been getting worried because the show is juuuust nipping the ass end of the manga and their either gonna hafta turn the anime episodes into 2 episode powerups like dragonball z or their going to overshoot the manga in notime!! So ill suffer with a few story arcs but ONLY if they dont suck... Plus i do want to learn a bit more about the nobal houses, arrancers/vizzards, uhara and his 2 'kids' that dont really seem to be his, and just generally fill in a few gaps cuz as all ppl that follow the manga know were all slightly confused at the moment...

Well I agree with you. I was worried about that same thing. And I feel that is the biggest reason the anime producers felt they needed these arcs. I'd like to call them filler, but...filler seems to be something temporary, and I don't believe this is.

Here is my reasoning.

Total so far there are 65 episodes...64 if you count 65 as the beginning of the new arc. There are 210 manga volumes...180 if you only count to the end of the SS arc. That's just a bit under 3 mangas per anime episode. A new manga comes out every week, as does a new anime. The manga is only 30 volumes ahead of the anime right now...and going with my math...that's only 10 anime episdes. So ... in 10 weeks, the anime will have caught up to the manga where it is today. Add on 10 more manga volumes during that time, and the anime will get another 3 weeks of show...then it will bump into the manga.

I've never been very good at math...I'm more of a right brain type...but I don't want to see the anime end in a couple months. And I hate it, even though I think its necessary, when they take a 2 week hiatus like they did around christmas.

Well back to what I was rambling about. I don't really think they are 'fillers' persay, but yeah, they are filling in while the manga gets some distance. It would be nice for them to round out more of the other characters and even some of the shinigami. I agree Renji should have been introduced a bit later, but I think their market research showed that Renji is a popular character and popular characters always make a show 'popular' right?? riiight....

Anyway, I think these 'filler' eps might be around for longer then we might want/expect.

Has anyone else felt that on this show everyone has someone they could not attack/hurt/die for? For Gin its Matumoto, for Hitugaya its Hinamori, for Renji its Rukia and so on? Its usually someone from their past that the grew up with. I just thought it was interesting as I'm of the belief that in real life most everyone has someone like that too.

Oh well, just my thoughts, be that as they may...
Closed Thread