Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 19:22   Link #281
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thumbnails please wandering-dreamer . That's a lot of images to load at once.
Unfortunately I'm not quite sure how to do those, deviantArt automatically links to the big image and I have no idea how to upload them thumbnail sized, suppose I'll just post fewer in one box next time.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 22:04   Link #282
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
AFA 2010 convention in singapour a few days ago

She also live dubbed a scene from angel beats (which is nice but i'd love a live version of "olé!" )

a few tweetshere
More detailed article here

"Favorite anime" might be a bit of a stretch but it's nice seeing her promote this show.
oh thanks for the link, that was interesting.

I didn't know she liked chatmonchy, though. besides the OP, they have also produced some very nice and catchy songs. I agree with her good taste. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Unfortunately I'm not quite sure how to do those, deviantArt automatically links to the big image and I have no idea how to upload them thumbnail sized, suppose I'll just post fewer in one box next time.
what I usually do is download all the images, and then I upload them to imagehost.org or imageshack.us. They will provide you with thumbnail links.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 15:50   Link #283
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 05:
Old 2010-11-18, 18:38   Link #284
neshru

episode 5 was a bit underwhelming. I don't know if it's because it feels like it's taking the series in a different direction, or because it was kind of slow paced and uneventful. Maybe it's just that episode 4 raised the bar too high.

It still had some good moments though, Mayaya in this scene made me lol so hard
Spoiler:
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 18:54   Link #285
CWW
Lurker

You're making it hard to root for you, Shu. I know you're not going to fall for those flirts, but at least recognize Tsukimi and not act condescending dammit!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 19:19   Link #286
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Kuragehime - 05: a challenger appears

I think that's the purpose of this episode. Kuranosuke and Shu aren't as noble as they seem to be, but Kura seems more upfront about it and actually accepts Tsukimi for who she really is. It was depressing to see Tsukimi be rejected twice in the episode, but if it will at least allow her to move forward and seek that positive change that she's wanted since her expression of desire in the first episode, it will be great for the series.

I love how Inari is the polar opposite, the antipode of Tsukimi. She's a sensual go-getter who desires to improve her career and is the antagonist to Tsukimi's virginal innocence. The firestarter has arrived: a challenger appears.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 19:33   Link #287
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 5:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 23:52   Link #288
Kunagisa

It's such a shame that so little people watch this, the viewer rating on this is pretty high.

*3.1%(*2.2%) 11/04 24:45-25:45 CX* 海月姫/屍鬼
*2.8%(*3.1%) 11/11 24:45-25:45 CX* 海月姫/尸鬼

Episode 5 is pretty fun watch. Too bad I only know one friend who watched this and she dropped it cause she abhors Funimation's translations. Good thing there is the manga to fall back on. Supposedly both Shuu and the vixen became likable later on according those who had read volume 5 of the raw.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 04:34   Link #289
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^I hope that's the case. Because vixy woman right now isn't on a good page in my book. I can understand being ambition-driven but not to the point that you would use other people as stepping stones.
Old 2010-11-19, 04:54   Link #290
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Supposedly both Shuu and the vixen became likable later on according those who had read volume 5 of the raw.
Apart from Shuu being a little dense, i really don't see what there is to dislike about him.

Vixen yeah i can understand that.
Old 2010-11-19, 05:15   Link #291
neshru

Quote:
Too bad I only know one friend who watched this and she dropped it cause she abhors Funimation's translations.
Their translation looks totally fine to me. Is your friend one of those idiots that think it isn't good unless it's fansubs?
Old 2010-11-19, 07:37   Link #292
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 05:
I'm also starting to get peeved Shu can't recognize Tsukimi. She doesn't look that different, geez! And somehow, I thought she looked even cuter than usual in this episode. Shu did come off as shallow this time, not being able to recognize Tsukimi is one thing, but seeing her drenched in the rain and not giving a damn about it is another. His thoughtlessness towards Tsukimi was also later emphazied by the vixen claiming no men would send her home without an umbrella in this rain.

I also liked Kuranosuke's attire for once. His attires are usually way too flashy for me to enjoy them, but this one looked pretty good. Best attire was the one he wore at the end of the episode though. It's just as he said: make-up is enough for him to look like a woman.

Mayaya and Bamba's make-over were very fun. Mayaya seemed to like her new look very much

& yeah, it's a crime it's only 11 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
episode 5 was a bit underwhelming. I don't know if it's because it feels like it's taking the series in a different direction, or because it was kind of slow paced and uneventful. Maybe it's just that episode 4 raised the bar too high.

It still had some good moments though, Mayaya in this scene made me lol so hard
Spoiler:
I feel the same. This episode was a bit underwhelming and not quite as enjoyable as the others. Maybe because they spent so much time on that vixen (she's the type of woman I detest). Even so, it was still very, very good.
Old 2010-11-19, 08:26   Link #293
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hanazawa Kana going into complete psychosis is my guilty pleasure this year.

Blog post and comments later.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 13:13   Link #294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mayaya seemed to like her new look very much
I'd say she's more in total complete shock then anything else to comment on the situation.
Old 2010-11-19, 13:34   Link #295
Kunagisa

Quote:
Their translation looks totally fine to me. Is your friend one of those idiots that think it isn't good unless it's fansubs?
That's not it. She watched episode one and found some translation too liberal/inaccurate, and since no other group is doing it, she's just following the manga.

Concurring Kanon and Shiroth's thought regarding the series length. Out of curiosity, has any other noitaminA show received a second season with a break whether the first season was one or two cour?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 13:41   Link #296
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Concurring Kanon and Shiroth's thought regarding the series length. Out of curiosity, has any other noitaminA show received a second season with a break whether the first season was one or two cour?
That's only happened for two shows, and they would be Honey and Clover (first season in 2005, second in 2006) and Nodame Cantabile (first season aired in 2007, second in 2008 and third in 2010).
Old 2010-11-19, 15:15   Link #297
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This episode was all kinds of awesome. Loved how Bamba's afro was sealed. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 16:30   Link #298
neshru

lol, apparently the title for the next episode is
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-19, 17:24   Link #299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
lol, apparently the title for the next episode is
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Next episode:
Old 2010-11-19, 22:48   Link #300
lie01234

I found the preview picture at the end of the episode funny. The only person without a makeover was the lady in the kimono. But she is still sparkling with the others.
lie01234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance