AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 11:24   Link #4501
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I still don't know what the exact word/sentence to describe her personality ;( It seems she understand how the world around her works but still keeping up that 'naive' personality upfront. But at the same time, she also doesn't seem like trying to deceive other by using that naive personality either
I think, Lacus is so honest in what she wants and how she conveys her feelings that it became slightly disturbing to some audiences.

She has a clear mindset, she knows what she needs to do, and she will go out of her way to get it. There is no need to deceive, because she is very open about her desires and apparently thats just how she operates.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 11:33   Link #4502
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Agreed. I also don't understand why Destined Fate said that Lacus is naive .
Sum it up to ''If you don't interact or is involved with Shinn,I don't like you''
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:12   Link #4503
Destined_Fate

Lacus being involved or not with Shinn has nothing to do with why I hate her. She's too perfect, overly idealistic(I hate those that ignore reality for their own little pipe dreams) and naive since her views on conflict are childish. It was facepalm worthy when she agreed with Kira's "Let's just fly around and try and stop battles when we don't know what's going on even if it gets people killed" deal. That and she betrayed her people because she was craving Kira when she was still arranged to marry Athrun, who was trying to make things work, whom she didn't turn down. At least Cagalli was being forced into her marriage and only accepted to continue it because it was for the good of Orb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Let's be straight here.The only reason you even bring up Lunamaria,is because she's involved with Shinn.Would you even bring her up if she wasn't?

I mean who are you kidding! Cause......huh? ''looks around'' ain't no fool over here.

''Hey if they interact or is involved with shinn,then their cool with me''...
I already said I prefered short haired tomboys and Lunamaria fits that as does Cagalli. Or are you saying that Cagalli was "involved" with Shinn too? Seriously, drop your petty little grudge already.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-13 at 16:08.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:22   Link #4504
Soaring Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It was facepalm worthy when she agreed with Kira's "Let's just fly around and try and stop battles when we don't know what's going on even if it gets people killed" deal.
She knew what was going on, the war was escalating to the point where both sides were trying to genocide each other and not even try to negotiate. The only way to stop them was to get between them and keep them from destroying each other completely. People were going to die either way but they believed that interfering would cause the least amount of deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That and she betrayed her people because she was craving Kira when she was still arranged to marry Athrun, who was trying to make things work, whom she didn't turn down.
If you mean when she gave Kira the Freedom and stole the Eternal, what did you expect her to do, just let Zaft use them when the guy in charge was planning on using them to kill every Natural in existence. Her actions weren't because she was "craving Kira".
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 16:09   Link #4505
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Folks, please try to calm some before continuing posting.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:17   Link #4506
I Fail at Life

Now she definitely isn't perfect in Seed,slightly more in Destiny.She didn't push her idealistic talk very hard until atleast toward's the end of seed.The first couple of episode's she comes off as a airhead,and after that her appearances are too (Far and inbetween) to conclude that she's so idealistic.Same thing in Destiny she dosen't get that way until the very last handful of episodes.So your reaching

And i can't even respond to the ''naive'' and ''childish'' part cause you need to elaborate,there's nothing for me to go off of.And honestly everything after lacus,just sounds personal.

Im not misinformed.(Cagalli fits your criteria) and at the same time still dosen't mean you like her.Well you like her better then lacus,which does not say much.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-13 at 16:21. Reason: Thanks for reading my post above!
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 16:33   Link #4507
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ah I see.. 'honest' might be one of the closest definition for her characters As she is kind-hearted, her honesty might lead up to that 'naive' personality on the first glance. There's still this bugging feeling that scares me though when I realized that her peaceful plan always works in the end

Quote:
If you mean when she gave Kira the Freedom and stole the Eternal, what did you expect her to do, just let Zaft use them when the guy in charge was planning on using them to kill every Natural in existence. Her actions weren't because she was "craving Kira".
Both ZAFT/EAF will kill every last coordinator/natural in their opposite factions anyway if one of them win the war. I think it's still a fact that even though their methods are questionable, Lacus and the others interference really did save many people.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 16:41   Link #4508
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Ah I see.. 'honest' might be one of the closest definition for her characters As she is kind-hearted, her honesty might lead up to that 'naive' personality on the first glance. There's still this bugging feeling that scares me though when I realized that her peaceful plan always works in the end
She is, perhaps unintentionally, the most meticulously portrayed Yamato Nadeshiko character ever, fitting just about most stereotypes.

Its kind of scary...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-09-13, 22:15   Link #4509
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Seed Cagalli =/= Destiny Cagalli....
Destiny Cagalli is what SEED Cagalli would be if she was facing her own people other than her father. Other than that, they are the same person.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:25   Link #4510
quagmire

Latest episode is out. Luna, Meyrin, and Rey make cameos. Another person looks like Shinn, but it can't be. He couldn't have arrived in the Plants already just after the Orb battle, and grown to his Destiny figure.......

Also a nice little flashback on Azrael's past. Basically, he wants to wipe out the Coordinator's because he was bullied by some and got slapped by his mom......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:30   Link #4511
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Latest episode is out. Luna, Meyrin, and Rey make cameos. Another person looks like Shinn, but it can't be. He couldn't have arrived in the Plants already just after the Orb battle, and grown to his Destiny figure.......
How do they look? Do they look younger than in Destiny? Do they already in the ZAFT army in that cameo?
Old 2012-09-13, 22:33   Link #4512
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
How do they look? Do they look younger than in Destiny? Do they already in the ZAFT army in that cameo?
They are all in their Destiny figure, but wearing the academy uniforms. Even Rey who in Destiny we saw as a kid when Seed was going on......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:39   Link #4513
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
They are all in their Destiny figure, but wearing the academy uniforms. Even Rey who in Destiny we saw as a kid when Seed was going on......
That is weird.... Especially given the fact that Rey is a clone. As said by Rey himself, clones grew faster than normal humans. So, if Rey in the SEED cameo already look like his Destiny self, he will look like in his late 20s or early 30s in the (assumed) Destiny Remaster .
Old 2012-09-13, 22:39   Link #4514
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
this means that they retconned the rapid aging of rey.

Spoiler for THE CAMEO:
Old 2012-09-13, 22:43   Link #4515
Tak

I have a feeling they will follow the HD trend with Destiny...

- Tak

Old 2012-09-13, 22:44   Link #4516
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post

Spoiler for THE CAMEO:
...What? How do they age that quick?

Also, it looks like ep 39 is up in the YT sub link

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:50   Link #4517
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
If they did retcon Rey’s rapid growth, that means they also removed one of his main drives in siding with Durandal and executing Destiny Plan. Isn’t one of his reasons is that he doesn’t have much time (to live)?
Old 2012-09-13, 23:08   Link #4518
monster

You people are overthinking this. They didn't retcon anything.

Anyway, did anyone see how Cagalli wanted Athrun to be there and how she had her hands on him? It's official, not only did Athrun got his fiancé taken, but he's also the rebound guy for the rejected girl.

On a more serious note, Mu is really a great character in SEED. (But I still don't agree with reviving him for Destiny. )
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 23:19   Link #4519
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Anyway, did anyone see how Cagalli wanted Athrun to be there and how she had her hands on him? It's official, not only did Athrun got his fiancé taken, but he's also the rebound guy for the rejected girl.
You know you'd want Athrun and Ssigh to team-up against the son of a -. just kidding.

but yeah, Athrun likes being punished.
Old 2012-09-13, 23:22   Link #4520
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You people are overthinking this. They didn't retcon anything.
Well, to be fair, so far only aeriole has this idea of they retconning Rey's rapid growth .

Still, how can you explain Rey's looking like a child when Gil told him Rau's death and here, Rey already that grown up when Rau still lives? That's like they "discontinued" their own continuity with Destiny series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
On a more serious note, Mu is really a great character in SEED. (But I still don't agree with reviving him for Destiny. )
Can't agree with you more . Still don't like Mu's Neo character.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep