AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-29, 07:41   Link #7741
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank Kadi for you well throughed insight on the possibilities of Circe authority.

As I said before, the author gave us such a vague description on Circe authority that there is a number of possibilities on what the abilty could actually do. Could this be a trick from the author making reader to discuss about it.

Btw what is the name of the other serie that the author is releasing? I read it on the new LN thread but forgot what it call.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 07:55   Link #7742
Kadi
知識の探求者

His new series is called "Meiyaku no Leviathan" or "Leviathan of the Covenant". After reading its first volume for the first time, I wasn't awed, although I felt it was better than average. I guess I got that impression because I kept comparing it to Campione and newly introduced characters couldn't ever match up to ones with proper development over 12 volumes. After another volume and rereading the first a bit, I now think it has quite a bit of potential. (I still don't think it will ever be as good as Campione, but that's a) personal and b) it is said I have been wrong before)

I haven't found a thread about it here on AS, but on BT there is a thread with the prologue and part of the first chapter translated.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 10:11   Link #7743
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank for the info, I guess I go and read what translated on BT.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-06-29, 10:18   Link #7744
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Nope, considering the fact that the author is also working on another novel at the same time, it might take some time, before the next volume is out.
eh? he's doing another novel? mangaupdates doesn't have em though it is fan base updated

got any names please?
or any spoilers
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 10:23   Link #7745
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
eh? he's doing another novel? mangaupdates doesn't have em though it is fan base updated

got any names please?
or any spoilers
Look above at Kadi's post, made one post above your's. For more info, you probably need to look at BT using the name that Kadi mentioned.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 11:44   Link #7746
noobarta

Quote:
Look above at Kadi's post, made one post above your's. For more info, you probably need to look at BT using the name that Kadi mentioned.
gah can't believe I missed that >_<

thank you~! off to BT forums for it then
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 13:08   Link #7747
rickiminato

maybe i think the enemy more powerful tha faced godou is the strogest steel
he was able to finish wiht the campione of his time
Old 2013-06-29, 19:05   Link #7748
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheno13 View Post
quick info:

i was searching for Japanese name and happen to found something about godou

his name is a combination of english and jap,

english God and ou which means king

just sharing.....
I was reading the latest SS of the Mahouka series and I found something interesting. Godou's name bears similarity to Oudou, which is defined as the Royal Road or the Path of Kings. This can be interpreted as taking the shortest path to victory. i.e. Making preparations to ensure success, might makes right and the shortest distance between two points. Can someone proficient in Japanese check the kanji for similarities?

Can someone tell me where it was said that King Arthur was sealed by Alex and Alice?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 21:32   Link #7749
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Can someone tell me where it was said that King Arthur was sealed by Alex and Alice?
Here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice in Volume 10 Chapter 2 Part 4
"During that particular incident, Guinevere-sama lost all the magical power stored in the Holy Grail. After that, we were able to seal Heretic Arthur away through Alexandre and my combined power. At the very least, one could conclude 'all's well that ends well.'"
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 05:04   Link #7750
Nihgthawk

So I has a thought as to how Lily and Yuri might go about retrieving the others. John Pluto Smith has the authority [Mastery of Faerie] which she can use to travel to the Netherworld. Mabye she would be able to do something to the tunnel and open it. It has been awhile since we have seen her as well.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 08:20   Link #7751
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I just realise something, right now Yuri is weaken due to her ability, is it possible Godau learning some secret for Uldin wives that could help her overcome the weakness?

I hope that Erica and Ena would also take this opportunity to learn the secret art of the ancient, cause surely most of the secret magic art would have been forgotten or lost in the modern era.

Last edited by mike211; 2013-06-30 at 08:35.
Old 2013-06-30, 08:34   Link #7752
Kadi
知識の探求者

I think they're more worried about fixing history and returning to the present right now. If they stumble upon some way to learn ancient magic along the way, they might use it (like when Liliana and Erica were blown into that underground cavern during Doni's and Saint Rafaello's fight), but I can't see them take an intentional detour for a power-up. Their schedule is packed already anyway if something relevant for the big picture is supposed to happen.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:08   Link #7753
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Regard the changing of history, my theory is, when they get back to the their time line, everything they done in the past get resetted as if they never been there before.

Old 2013-06-30, 10:20   Link #7754
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Regard the changing of history, my theory is, when they get back to the their time line, everything they done in the past get resetted as if they never been there before.
That would be too simple.

While, I could see something like that happening, when it comes to minor changes in the history timeline, major events ... like founding France, for example ... which, is what Doni has done, won't be that easy to "reset".
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:31   Link #7755
zzhk
Summary Machine

Doni hasn't founded France. All he did was create an alliance under his command.

If the alliance falls apart before it does anything substantial in history, then the Frankish tribes will remain divided until when they're supposed to be united, a century later.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 13:49   Link #7756
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Technically, it's an authority since he got it like one in V13.

However, for a full authority it's effect is very weak. At least that's what Godou says when he uses it. That's why we (and he? don't remember clearly) call it a gift.

We do know it's likened to a grimoire and with Goat + Secret Archives of Dawn, Godou can use the Sword of the Beginning and the End on his own because that's what he did.

Now, there are a few possibilities:

1: The Archives are like a regular grimoire, they don't give him skill at manipulating magic energy and the Goat was a necessary part of the equation. Instead the archives give Godou Circe's "attributes" or "properties" (="goddess", which she threatened to steal the Black Sword with in V13) and the "spell formulas" so that he can cast quite a few of her spells if he can also manipulate magic energy well enough.

Without help manipulating magic energy (Goat, Warrior), his casting attempts would end up similar to V8.

Downside: Not getting help with manipulating magical energy is VERY limiting and inconvenient. Also, it's a very roundabout way to using the Black Sword...

2: The archives are not like a regular grimoire. They don't give knowledge of specific spells, but Circe's "attributes"/"properties" and skill at manipulating magic. The Goat wouldn't have been necessary to use the Black Sword.

This is much more convenient when using the Black Sword, but very limited in every other way... Godou currently wouldn't be able to use it for much of anything else.

3: The archives do all of it. Skill, knowledge, "attributes"/"properties". Now, this would be very powerful, possibly broken, which might contradict Godou's thought that it's too weak for a whole authority.

4: it's complicated~~

Currently, there's no decisive indicator as to which one it is.

As for new volumes, next month a new volume of Jou-chan's other series will be released. I haven't seen anything else announced yet. I suspect October +/- 1 month, but I wouldn't want to predict the series.
Godou might have been thinking in the regard of a full offensive Authority so the fool doesn´t understand what a gold mine his new authority is. Remember that in the Second Tale he was surprise to find out that all authorities are offensive oriented, that goes with his complete ignorance of magic.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 15:06   Link #7757
Gore17

"Second Tale"? Would you mind clarifying?
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 16:00   Link #7758
bludvein

The Second Tale is the name of volume 11, although nobody else uses the volume names like that. Would've made more sense to just call it vol11.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:12   Link #7759
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
That would be too simple.

While, I could see something like that happening, when it comes to minor changes in the history timeline, major events ... like founding France, for example ... which, is what Doni has done, won't be that easy to "reset".
Once time revert back to how it was before they came, meaning Doni mess eg founding France never took place.

Old 2013-07-01, 08:42   Link #7760
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Once time revert back to how it was before they came, meaning Doni mess eg founding France never took place.
Maybe the force might make the the country to be broke apart so that it will be able to recreate again.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem