AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 01:14   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Again!!

Genre: comedy, drama, romance, school life, shounen
Author/Artist: Mitsurou Kubo

Quote:
Synopsis:
After three unfulfilling years, Imamura Kinichirou is finally graduating from high school. Looking like a delinquent, he was feared by his classmates, and has made no friends. His greatest regret is not joining the ouendan (cheering squad), now disbanded. After a graduation day accident, he and classmate Fujieda Aki are transported three years back in time, into their freshman selves, but with their high school memories intact. With this knowledge, can Imamura fix the mistakes of his past by repeating high school "Again"?
Kubo knows how to make some great male protagonists. Aside from the naive and innocent Fukuda from 3.3.7 Byoushi, his male characters(in Again!! and Moteki at least) exude a certain degree of intelligence, to the point that they actually feel like people; not stereotypes. Note, when I say, "intelligence", I don't mean like Light(DN) or anything; just common darn sense to see the obvious and put the pieces to a situation together, which Imamura seems to do fairly well. He's not afraid to talk to girls either(which is always +points in my book =03).

Spoiler for ouendan arc/up to 21:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 01:15   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

I like the title.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 02:24   Link #3
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So saw this thread, checked out the manga.... and in one of those times that happens to often to me, why oh why AREN'T THERE MORE CHAPTERS OF THIS MASTERPIECE?!?!?!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 19:02   Link #4
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I was under the impression that there are actually more chapters, it's just they aren't scanned as quickly as some people would like.

I'm interested in this particular phase in the story. I mean, reforming the cheer club is one thing, but now that he KNOWS that their baseball team never wins in the three years that are to follow, it's definitely going to be more difficult.
Old 2012-11-13, 01:31   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So saw this thread, checked out the manga.... and in one of those times that happens to often to me, why oh why AREN'T THERE MORE CHAPTERS OF THIS MASTERPIECE?!?!?!
lol, believe me, I feel your pain .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm interested in this particular phase in the story. I mean, reforming the cheer club is one thing, but now that he KNOWS that their baseball team never wins in the three years that are to follow, it's definitely going to be more difficult.
I'd imagine that it's all tied to Suzuki playing as pitcher. In the original timeline, he gave up baseball completely, leading to the reason why their team never won. I expect that Imamura will try in some form or fashion to convince Suzuki to play again, though, even if he does play, that doesn't mean they won't lose. It just means they'll have a much better chance of winning. Plus I'd wouldn't think they'd focus on the team so much to see consecutive games until Koshien or anything; that's just too much time that'd have to pass. They'd only need to win 1 game to show that things have changed, then I'll imagine they'll move on to the next arc.

Old 2012-11-13, 02:05   Link #6
Rhonos

From what I know we may not see another chapter translated for a long time. I heard the translator kinda quit on this. He may come back to it eventually but as far as I can tell it may be awhile. It is kinda sad because there are actually a lot more chapter out there and I really enjoy manga.
Rhonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 18:47   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!

It's been a hell of a long time since I read something this good!
Old 2012-11-27, 23:01   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

So caught up with this again(funny, this is actually the 3rd time catching up) after 8 weeks away from the internet(been doing alot of catching up past week and half and haven't even gotten round to anime yet)
I really did forget how great this is, it's an interesting thing with the time travel cause it makes Imamura(who is btw a great lead character) abit of a" know it all" but not quite as frubam mentions a "genius".
He's just a rather normal lad that has some extra life experience and little more knowledge about what is to or might come now.

The baseball arc is shaping up nicely, some nice little drama build up and friend making(always a heartfelt moment to see the friendless guy make his first male friend)
Now this is probably just my own pessimistic outlook on such melodrama but I get the feeling at some point the manager and captain might end up breaking up, with the manager then wanting to get to together with Suzuki afterwards but if that scenario does present itself, I hope Suzuki tells her no.
He should play baseball and become popular and then go look for that black haired innocent looking girl with big boobs and make her his girlfriend and go on dates with her every day, not the manager(^_^)b
Old 2012-11-28, 01:33   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I've been following this since the start of serialization, but outside of 2chan thread there's pretty much been no talk on the series anywhere.
It seems to struggle with polls too, but fortunately WSM isn't as cut-throat as WSJ.
Old 2013-04-11, 08:09   Link #10
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

This should really be more popular. There aren't many weekly manga about high school students that's well-characterized as this one. Seriously, like some of the comments above, the characters in Again feel more like real people and I think that's a huge accomplishment.
Old 2013-04-11, 09:16   Link #11
blade82

its weird its seems tit was just a dream or is it just their consciousness that traveled back in time?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 10:00   Link #12
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

No one is sure at this point. It sure SEEMS like a shared dream, especially since nothing seems to have changed when they woke up, but I don't think it's that simple... At least that's my hope.
Old 2013-04-30, 19:53   Link #13
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

New Chapter!

Huh, so while Imamura is up and about in the real world of 3 years after and Aki is unconscious, the reverse is actually true on Aki's side of things: it's Imamura who's in a coma apparently. That's... an interesting reversal.

Also, who says that Imamura didn't learn anything from his soujourn in the past? His BS-ing skills managed to work perfectly (albeit unintentionally) on the three goofs who quit the club.
Old 2013-04-30, 20:11   Link #14
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I think it's two separate world that somehow "converted" at the bottom of the stairs. Now, when one is awake in the Again world, which takes place three gears prior, they're unconscious in their own world and vice versa. The question of course becomes, if these are parallel worlds, what happened to the Imamura and Aki who were originally in the Again world? Did their consciousness' just get wiped out?
Old 2013-04-30, 20:23   Link #15
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think the more important question here is, if they're parallel worlds to begin with, is it even possible to connect the one from the past with the current present? Because at this point they're definitely incompatible (see Imamura being actually seen as a swell guy in the world 3 years past).
Old 2013-04-30, 23:06   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's not exactly parallel,
Spoiler:

The two realities definitely affect each other, it seems like the world attempts to adjust itself to merge with each other.
Old 2013-05-28, 20:42   Link #17
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

New chapter!

Spoiler for New chapter:
Old 2013-07-05, 05:47   Link #18
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Finally the baseball game is starting, Eager to see what happens next. A shame this manga isn't more popular.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:30   Link #19
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Finally the baseball game is starting, Eager to see what happens next. A shame this manga isn't more popular.
yeah but sure now Imamura is way more popular and the girls are more cuter than Usami
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 22:52   Link #20
frubam
simp for Lyria

FINALLY =03
Spoiler for chp 69: