Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-25, 08:00   Link #2681
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If he didn't care, why did he react so strongly when Dr. Franxx remarked that she's a klaxosaurs through and through? Hiro wanted to deny it and Franxx looked at him as if he was saying "Stop fooling yourself and face reality already."
I think you're reaching but if nothing else it was a nice nod to Shaft.

As I see it its more likely he was goading Hiro... "if you don't think she's a monster then why are you standing here and not out there with her?" Franxx actually hated seeing her in Rampage, so him calling her beautiful then is odd to begin with, and from what we know he seems to be somewhat paternal towards 02 and is definitely vested in her finding a partner. And Hiro should have been disposed of at least 8 times by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
The show is too lighthearted to go the direction of Nier or Eva imo. Especially the former
Evangelion was lighthearted... a bit sardonic for sure but pretty hilarious. I'm probably in a minority with that opinion though.

I bring up NieR more for its theme than its tone. So far everyone in Franxx world is going through the motions of being human at best and now we've got a humanish Klaxosaur pilot.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 08:20   Link #2682
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
As I see it its more likely he was goading Hiro... "if you don't think she's a monster then why are you standing here and not out there with her?"
To me that interpretation wouldn't make sense because Franxx clearly finds her klaxosaurs nature beautiful.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-04-25 at 09:30.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 08:36   Link #2683
KPSJ

Some soundtracks are on YouTube and holy shit its amazing how far they plan the story out just look at the lyrics... the "awakening ost" pretty much told is the whole hiro/02 plot since episode 1
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 09:02   Link #2684
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
To me that interpretation wouldn't make sense because Franxx clearly finds her klaxosaurs nature beautiful.
Except in episode 1 (or 2) when he says she's disgusting in Rampage. Why the contradiction?
Old 2018-04-25, 09:22   Link #2685
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Except in episode 1 (or 2) when he says she's disgusting in Rampage. Why the contradiction?
I think what he means is that Rampage is disgusting - as it is Zero Two and Strelizia well under their full potential. If he created her as an hybrid it probably was to surpass both humans and klaxos, so of course to see her behave like an animal doesn't meet his expectations. We also know that she's much more powerful when paired (and now we have Red Strelizia, which is yet stronger).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 09:29   Link #2686
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Let's say you're right and he was goading Hiro. Still, Hiro's overreaction gives away he saw her klaxosaurs nature as monstrous deep down. That's why Franxx looks at him in disappointment. He thought Hiro would become her partner but that wouldn't be possible unless Hiro could accept her completely the way she is. And 02 had to come to terms with it too. She thought she had to become human to be accepted but Hiro basically told her they just have to look for a new place instead. She doesn't have to change herself.

Streliztia's change in color gives it away. After 02 started to accept herself the robot turned red just like her original skin color.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-04-25 at 09:52.
Old 2018-04-25, 10:51   Link #2687
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
If he created her as an hybrid it probably was to surpass both humans and klaxos, so of course to see her behave like an animal doesn't meet his expectations.
If that was the intention somewhere along the line they overlooked some basics like... lets say teaching her how to speak.

I am curious about Franxx's story though; it seems like he had a change of heart from mind wipe until now.

Quote:
Still, Hiro's overreaction gives away he saw her klaxosaurs nature as monstrous deep down.
I just don't see it man.

If I had to interpret that overreaction or pause or whatever I'd say that's the point where Hiro understands that this is a suicide run for 02.
Old 2018-04-25, 11:56   Link #2688
Kazu-kun

Quote:
If I had to interpret that overreaction or pause or whatever I'd say that's the point where Hiro understands that this is a suicide run for 02.
The reaction I mean is this:

Why would he say that if he's not bothered by her klaxosaurs nature? He clearly is. But then he notes her broken mirror and realizes she was bothered by it too.

But the fact is she isn't human and both needed to accept this. And they do so at the end, and this is why Strelitzia changes color to red.

Which matches her original skin color, symbolizing they have come to terms with the fact she's not human.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-04-25 at 12:38.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:03   Link #2689
Blueknight78

Quote:
The reaction I mean is this:
Spoiler:

Why would he said that if he's not bother by her klaxosaurs nature? He clearly is. But then he sees her broken mirror and realizes she was bothered by it too. She isn't human and both needed to accept this. And they do at the end, and this is why Strelitzia changes color to red.
well i could see that as he "never really saw her as a klaxx" and that is why he's love her because unlike the others he never really saw her as a monster and just as a girl which he loves and that could be what the professor was trying to cover, because he was "different from the others" even the professor himself which also see her as a something different".

Something like that "ok boy if you don't see her as a klaxx and love her what are you doing here and not already go for her.

"about professor" redemption, i don't totally trusth on that, because he was the one which started zero 2 doubts back in the boysxgirl episode, he was the one which told to zero 2 which she never could be with hiro in first place making her remember which she is "not human", because she already started to "feel like a human" and found a place, them the professor dropped her "reality bomb" back to her.

I see he being more the one doing what he things is necessary for his own goals the famous "grey" area.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:09   Link #2690
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well i could see that as he "never really saw her as a klaxx" and that is why he's love her because unlike the others he never really saw her as a monster
The fact that she is in part klaxosaurs doesn't mean she's a monster. This is what he needed to learn. She's not human but that doesn't she's a monster. And it's okay not to be human.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:12   Link #2691
Blueknight78

Quote:
The fact that she is in part klaxosaurs doesn't mean she's a monster. This is what he needed to learn. She's not human but that doesn't she's a monster. And it's okay not to be human.
i think what they wanted to convey here was more like "hiro don't give a shit toward what she is" don't matter if she is a human or a klaxxus or anything else and he will love her anyway, because she is his "soul mater".

That is why when she called herself a monster he say "don't matter", because that is the true hiro, he loves and it's all matter.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:16   Link #2692
Kazu-kun

Quote:
i think what they wanted to convey here was more like "hiro don't give a shit toward what she is"
He clearly did give a shit at first as shown in those pics I posted. He starts to realize how misguided he was when he sees her mirror.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:21   Link #2693
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

actually a well-edited video. Coulda used more action, though!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 12:24   Link #2694
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

actually a well-edited video. Coulda used more action, though!
This is so dope.

Fucking Citrus popping out of nowhere.

Last edited by HtwoN; 2018-04-25 at 12:58.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 12:28   Link #2695
Blueknight78

Quote:
He clearly did give a shit at first as shown in those pics I posted. He starts to realize how misguided he was when he sees her mirror.
that was because what everyone told to him so far, it created doubts on him, like all the times, that aways was his problem with zero 2 aways they had someone between them, this happened when he was little kid, then later when he was with the blue thing" and now with her going berserk, that again was why he told in the end which now he not gonna let it happen again, he finally make his mind to stand with her no matter of what happen or what someone else say or do she is his other half and that is the only thing which matter for him.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:31   Link #2696
Kazu-kun

Quote:
that was because what everyone was told to him so far it created doubts on him
I don't disagree with that. But the fact is he did have doubts and needed to grow the spine to cast those doubts aside. And he does so in this episode.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:34   Link #2697
Blueknight78

Quote:
I don't disagree with that. But the fact is he did have doubts and needed to grow the spine to cast those doubts aside. And he does this in this episode.
yeah and i agree about this episode being about "acceptance", but for me was more for him to accept his love for her no matter what she is and for zero 2 to accept what she is and stop to run for this pipe dream of become human and live as what she is and love hiro.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:40   Link #2698
Kazu-kun

Yeah that's kinda what I was trying to say.
Old 2018-04-25, 18:36   Link #2699
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
Some soundtracks are on YouTube and holy shit its amazing how far they plan the story out just look at the lyrics... the "awakening ost" pretty much told is the whole hiro/02 plot since episode 1
Since the lyrics pretty much spoil the backstory, the mention of a "mother" in the lyrics may mean the figure that gave 02 her picturebook may have further relevance down the road perhaps pertaining to 02's forgotten past.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 09:27   Link #2700
Applehell

Quote:
We actually don't know what she really is, but this is besides the point. What I was trying to say is that Hiro reacted that way because he felt bothered that Fraxx suggested 02 isn't human. This episode was about Hiro and 02 coming to terms with this.
Alright, fair enough.

Quote:
I bring up NieR more for its theme than its tone. So far everyone in Franxx world is going through the motions of being human at best and now we've got a humanish Klaxosaur pilot.
NIER had an ever present somber-ike despair even it's lightest parts that I feel like DIF just lacks. Even terms of aesthetics and themes DIF is more about coming of age, teenage romance, power of friendship etc, that it feels a lot closer to Kill a'la Kill despite sharing the post-apocalyptic setting being inhabited by once-human monsters with NIER. The melancholy feel of a time lost just isn't there outside that bit in beach episode where everyone explored that ruined town. I feel whatever comes up next the main cast will be alright because this not a story with strong sense of nihilism and sacrifice.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-04-26 at 09:38.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote