Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-08, 18:06   Link #1501
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
A Puella Magi shows off her strength once again. Like Shinka before her, Rikka got completely wrecked by Kyuoko. Dekomori got upset as well last round which makes me think Chuunibyou might have been a bit overrated across the board.
I think three things lead to Chuuni girls being overestimated (by myself as well, I'll certainly admit):

1. Prelim performance.

2. How strong Rikka and Shinka are in ISML.

3. Them belonging to a popular KyoAni show with plenty of "conventional moe", shall we say. There was a time when KyoAni was very strong in moe competitions, on both sides of the Pacific, but perhaps that time has largely come and gone.

J-SaiMoe 2013 shows that prelims give you a decent educated guess of who the 20 or so strongest girls are, but it's far from definitive. Some girls hide their strength in prelims, while other girls are almost going all-out in prelims (Shinka's prelim performance isn't that far off how she did in tournament matches).

And yeah, I don't think such a thing as an almost automatic KyoAni boost exists any more in moe competitions.
Old 2013-10-08, 19:59   Link #1502
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Ryuuka might actually put up a good fight against Tomoka.
Mokkan is going to pull off what she did against Arata on Ryuuka...

Quote:
As a two-time former semi-finalist, Nodoka is probably one of Saki's two best remaining hopes. Nodoka is also the only Saki girl that I now consider a (slight) favorite to win a Block.

The Saki faction has to really rally behind Toki and Nodoka now.
There's hope for Shizu also, with Yoshino only being in 3rd round b/c she has faced absolutely nobody, while she does have a realistic chance against Kobato (Although, yes, I want Kobato to win the group).

Nodocchi faced Watashi (Unless you think Sawa can win against Watashi...), who had been destroying her opponents and is extremely strong in prelim. Toki, well, she's facing Mami...

Quote:
2. How strong Rikka and Shinka are in ISML.
ISML results and AST results has long known to be completely different anyway with a few exceptions. I would say Prelim performance is the main basis of Chuunikoi girls being overrated.

[OT]Speaking of ISML...seriously, Kirino Kotori > Tsukiko?[/OT]
Old 2013-10-08, 21:12   Link #1503
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
There's hope for Shizu also, with Yoshino only being in 3rd round b/c she has faced absolutely nobody, while she does have a realistic chance against Kobato (Although, yes, I want Kobato to win the group).
I don't know. Isn't Date A Live one of the hot, new shows of 2013? In contrast to Henneko, I have seen Dave A Live hyped and promoted a fair bit.

Shizuno has to compete with Date A Live (Yoshino), Haganai (Kobato), and YuruYuri (Sakurako). Those are three pretty popular shows. Nodoka's road to winning a block seems less difficult to me, though admittedly I could be underestimating RKB.

Anyway, I will say that after Nodoka and Toki, Shizuno is probably Saki's best hope.
Old 2013-10-08, 22:13   Link #1504
AP24

Normally Maho doesn't stand a chance against Nodoka. However Ro-Kyu-Bu is one of the series that its latest season finished airing last month. Kobato is also in today's matches and she's voiced by Kana Hanazawa who also voices Tomoka. So Maho might have a chance to win or put up a good fight. Not really sure who's going to win today but my picks are Kobato and Maho.

For the next matches, Watashi and Yoshino are my predictions and my picks. Watashi did slightly better than Sawa in the previous rounds. Yoshino managed to get this far not just because her previous opponents were not that strong but it's also because she's a strong one. Date A Live is one of the most popular series this year and it's gaining more popularity recently. Yoshino is also considered the most moe or favorite by a lot of fans of the series.
Old 2013-10-08, 23:52   Link #1505
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Not much more to say about the results of last match, apart from the surprising underperformance of Chuu2Koi's representatives this entire round. I had been under the impression that they could very well be the third strongest faction, but I was mistaken. Kyouko's expected trials from that faction in block C didn't materialize... although Azusa might be a potent challenge in place of Shinka (if in case she didn't get that much of a boost from MadoMagi supporters). The difference in votes garnered between her and Shinka is simply... staggering.

Picks:
Kobato Hasegawa @ Haganai
abstain
Old 2013-10-09, 00:33   Link #1506
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Nodoka is under attack!

On the other match, Kobato is destroying her opponent like nothing.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-09, 03:20   Link #1507
iamadooddood
NOM.

So in the end, Chuu2 wasn't really popular. Someone jacked up the votes for all of them, and got found out. At least, that's what someone else posted, and truth be told, it's the only explanation so far that makes sense as to why the vote count for all the girls plummeted like they did.

As to Yoshino, well, Date A Live's growing stronger as the tournament progresses, not only because of volume 9, but also because information regarding season 2 has been released, increasing the hype of the series. Add that to the high sales of the BD despite their higher than average prices, it shows that the show is very popular, and that it does translate into AST Saimoe strength, at least to some extent.

Go Yoshino~

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-09, 04:01   Link #1508
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
So in the end, Chuu2 wasn't really popular. Someone jacked up the votes for all of them, and got found out. At least, that's what someone else posted, and truth be told, it's the only explanation so far that makes sense as to why the vote count for all the girls plummeted like they did.
OMG, if this is the truth then I feel so bad for Ika Musume. She might have been the rightful winner all along
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-09, 06:13   Link #1509
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: E3-2 F3-1

Yoshino is probably the weakest character to make Round 3. Everyone else in Round 3 finished in the top 6 of their preliminary group. Yoshino was 13th. That's not even good enough to advance through first preliminaries in some years. Shizuno is a Saki character with a solid amount of strength and shouldn't have have trouble with Yoshino. Watashi has shown to be quite strong and I expect her to continue to do so. Sawa is one of the weaker Round 3 characters so her chances of winning aren't great.

Votes:
Yoshino
Watashi

Predictions:
Takakamo Shizuno
Watashi
Old 2013-10-09, 06:17   Link #1510
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I don't know. Isn't Date A Live one of the hot, new shows of 2013? In contrast to Henneko, I have seen Dave A Live hyped and promoted a fair bit.
Umm...

Kotori went out easily against Kuuko (Granted, Kuuko is not that weak).
Touka went out easily against Misaki of all girl
Kurumi, well, not fair for her since she fights Yuu...

Yoshino didn't even do good at all in prelim (13th place, behind the like of Sae and Hiiragi Tsukasa), and is only here b/c her opponents are even weaker...(Amami Haruka is about the only one having some strength, we all know, however, that IM@S overall is very weak)

Compare that and the fact that Azuki Azusa won her prelim group while Tsukiko finished way ahead of Kurumi in the same prelim group. Yes, DAL outsale Henneko by almost 2:1, but DAL is also outsold by Hataraku and Oregairu and neither of those did that good either.

But then, if you're talking about ISML...it's just completely different taste anyway.

Last edited by ion475; 2013-10-09 at 06:30.
Old 2013-10-09, 06:28   Link #1511
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
There are no suspicions of cheating on the part of Shinka and Rikka. No offense, but I think you may have misread someone's comment. There is nothing mysterious in the fact that they received less votes in round 3 than in round 2. It can easily be explained by all the reasons that others have stated above. The truth is that they had been overestimated by many (including me).

If there were any cheat votes, that would be the large amount received by Azusa and Tomoka on the day of the DoS attack. And yet, this is only a suspicion, not a confirmed fact.

That said, because of the DoS attack and to stop any potential cheater, the voting restrictions have increased considerably, so we may see a general decrease in the number of votes starting today. But if this happens, it will partly due the usual stupid policy of "in order to stop one potential cheater, 100 honest people are prevented from voting".
Old 2013-10-09, 09:16   Link #1512
Subayai

Results for Round 3 Day 5

EDIT :My apologies. I totally misunderstood the new method. Forget those results.
Old 2013-10-09, 09:27   Link #1513
ion475
にこにこにー

LOL at the amount of fake/multi votes for Nodocchi...

With multis & fake:
Kobato 414 - Sakurako 161
Maho 296 - Nodoka 329

Final results...
Kobato 282 - Sakurako 128
Maho 243 - Nodoka 196

Makes me wonder whether the previous few matches result are even accurate or not...(But then, with the margin of the Group C/D matches, I doubt the results would change...)

And thus, with the antis, Nodoka is doom while AhoMaho advanced. Kobato has an easy win as expected. Also, with Nodocchi knocked out (partially), Biribiri is now completely out of the picture.

For today:
E3-2: Pick/Predict: Shizuno. If Shizu lose here, something IS screw up...
F3-1: Pick: Sawa, Predict: Watashi. Will see what percentage of vote Watashi will get.
Old 2013-10-09, 09:28   Link #1514
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
LOL at the amount of fake/multi votes for Nodocchi...

With multis & fake:
Kobato 414 - Sakurako 161
Maho 296 - Nodoka 329

Final results...
Kobato 282 - Sakurako 128
Maho 243 - Nodoka 196

Makes me wonder whether the previous few matches result are even accurate or not...
Yes, thank you ion. I doubt all the previous results now too.
Old 2013-10-09, 09:32   Link #1515
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler for The Big Board:

That is... odd. That many fakes and that low of votes?

Guesses...
Shizuno & Watashi
Old 2013-10-09, 09:42   Link #1516
uis

Look like they abandon bbs for easier voting filter. It is harder to vote now but it will filter gaijin voters using vpn and proxy.

I am glad Maho win though.

The previous votes not fake though. It just filthy gaijin votes.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-09, 09:45   Link #1517
Triple_R
*Author

What happened to all of Nodoka's support from Round 2? It's not like Maho had an explosive third round performance - She only managed 243 votes. Nodoka couldn't manage more than that? Really?

The cheaters (and J-SaiMoe's arguably overzealous response to it) are hurting, if not ruining, this tournament. Almost everything has been thrown in doubt now.
Old 2013-10-09, 09:48   Link #1518
hinakatbklyn

Spoiler for My original review of the current results before the results changed:

With final results:

- Kobato still wins convincingly. Still looks like she has a chance at winning Group E depending on the next Group E match.

(E) Now that Nodoka lost, Shizuno's chances of winning Group E are now in danger. And there's also a chance she might have trouble reaching repchange if she doesn't win today's match against Yoshino. Yoshino did have more second round votes in her match than Shizuno, so I would guess competitive match at least. Support preference: Shizuno > Yoshino

- Wow! Not only is Railgun eliminated from repchange, but even Nodoka is in danger of not reaching repchange if Maho doesn't win the group finals. But on the other side, not only does Maho reach the group finals and ensure she can't be eliminated, but....... should Maho win the group finals, Hinagiku actually gets into repchange.

(F) I wonder if even Watashi is now in danger of being eliminated just for being the stronger opponent in the match. Supporting: Sawa (although I'm looking into humanity has declined series currently. My support for Watashi might vary)

* (Reviews based on results even though there are other reasons involved that have already been mentioned)
Old 2013-10-09, 09:51   Link #1519
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The cheaters (and J-SaiMoe's arguably overzealous response to it) are hurting, if not ruining, this tournament. Almost everything has been thrown in doubt now.
It is not cheater though. It mostly chinese voter that get the code. Madoka and Saki fanbase will hurt greatly and maybe we will get loli champion this year.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-09, 09:51   Link #1520
AP24

So were there fake votes in the final results of previous matches? That means some of the losers in previous matches were actually winners. How are they going to fix this? This year's tournament really is the worst.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament