Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-15, 16:43   Link #2561
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Yes, this is quite possible, they could have mentioned it easily in episode 15 ... why they didn't do it I don't know... They threw out a lot of other things, so I wouldn't be surprised if we never know.. even though I could have sworn there was an interview stating that her name is important.. and we know that Lulu already knows her name... so Lulu knows something about her, that we don't.. but then again the interviews said a lot of things.. ( Kallen' father, Suzaku ridiculous superpowers being explained, blah blah) and we know how that went..
I think it has more to do with the fact that C.C. is C.C., that is her name, that is who she has become. Her name is just an attachment to the past and if she's developing past all the shit she's gone through, then her name is something that is irrelevant.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:05   Link #2562
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that C.C. is C.C., that is her name, that is who she has become. Her name is just an attachment to the past and if she's developing past all the shit she's gone through, then her name is something that is irrelevant.
Haven't the writers said her name was important to the storyline (though they've said a lot of things... ) ?
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:08   Link #2563
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Haven't the writers said her name was important to the storyline (though they've said a lot of things... ) ?
I chalk it up to one of the many cut plot-points.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:10   Link #2564
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I think they said we would know what would happen ahead (or something to that effect) if we knew her name. Might be why we still don't know her name or they are saving it for a poignant death scene
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:34   Link #2565
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I think they said we would know what would happen ahead (or something to that effect) if we knew her name. Might be why we still don't know her name or they are saving it for a poignant death scene
She was probably Marianne and then they changed it around the time they identified her as talking to her.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:25   Link #2566
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Yeah. I remembered reading something about that, too.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:28   Link #2567
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Yeah. I remembered reading something about that, too.
might have gottne thrown out with 'not as planned' stuff for r2. i can't see her name being important unless shes his grandmother or sumthin. not much a name can do to be 'epic' at this point unless she related to him. and thatd be creepy.
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:38   Link #2568
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
might have gottne thrown out with 'not as planned' stuff for r2. i can't see her name being important unless shes his grandmother or sumthin. not much a name can do to be 'epic' at this point unless she related to him. and thatd be creepy.
In the first season, she asked him to say her name with love (something in those lines) but he failed.

The point is not the name, but how Lelouch will say it this time.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:40   Link #2569
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
In the first season, she asked him to say her name with love (something in those lines) but he failed.

The point is not the name, but how Lelouch will say it this time.
no i mena that the staff said her name would be important, like what the name was. thats what everyone is talking about.

she asked that he said her name with care or something i think. i havent watched that episode in a long time.
Old 2008-09-16, 00:41   Link #2570
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
no i mena that the staff said her name would be important, like what the name was. thats what everyone is talking about.
I don't see why it will not be important in this case.

Lelouch could say her name with love. That could make her smile, then she will be able to die peacefully.

So the name is important in some ways <_<
Old 2008-09-16, 00:41   Link #2571
lovecakecookies

Really? my sub said something like "with care and genuine concern" well it doesn't matter anyways... Like I said the writers probably just ignored it... ... maybe he will say it when she is dying because remember what Lulu said " I always realize things at the end" or something like that..
Old 2008-09-16, 00:43   Link #2572
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
I don't see why it will not be important in this case.

Lelouch could say her name with love. That could make her smile, then she will be able to die peacefully.

So the name is important in some ways <_<
i dont think the word love or something similar was ever used in that scene. subbers prolly messed up, i only remember care.

well i mean the staff were refering to the name itself. doesnt make much sense to be talking about the actual name and to be talking about tone. they could have been lying but thats odd since people are more interested in the name thananything i think./
Old 2008-09-16, 00:45   Link #2573
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
i dont think the word love or something similar was ever used in that scene. subbers prolly messed up, i only remember care.

well i mean the staff were refering to the name itself. doesnt make much sense to be talking about the actual name and to be talking about tone. they could have been lying but thats odd since people are more interested in the name thananything i think./
Love or geniune concern is not the problem. (And i said something in those lines, I didn't remember what she said)

I still think they meant that, it's all about the tone, not what the name actually is. We will see (i hope)
Old 2008-09-16, 00:47   Link #2574
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Love or geniune concern is not the problem. (And i said something in those lines, I didn't remember what she said)

I still think they meant that, it's all about the tone, not what the name actually is. We will see (i hope)
well if they meant that then they were very confusing in their wording. i always thought they meant the name cause he can just say shitsu (cc) with the same concern or care or whatever. kinda unneccessary to attach an old name thats not even hers anymore to it.

genuine concern? i just remmeber care to be honest. ill need to rewatch it now
Old 2008-09-16, 00:50   Link #2575
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
well if they meant that then they were very confusing in their wording. i always thought they meant the name cause he can just say shitsu (cc) with the same concern or care or whatever. kinda unneccessary to attach an old name thats not even hers anymore to it.

genuine concern? i just remmeber care to be honest. ill need to rewatch it now
Because that's what she wants! She wants him to say her real name (not c.c.) with great care/geniune concern/something like that I don't remember the line

Girl are complicated, even immortal girls!
Old 2008-09-16, 00:53   Link #2576
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Because that's what she wants! She wants him to say her real name (not c.c.) with great care/geniune concern/something like that I don't remember the line

Girl are complicated, even immortal girls!
who knows maybe

i kinda doubt we will hear her name though. her gum line is probably to lelouch in the hangar too, kinda like a smarky comment as they head out for damocles, fits with her smile too. though not sure why that would be all that key to her character unless she... dunno...
Old 2008-09-16, 00:55   Link #2577
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
who knows maybe

i kinda doubt we will hear her name though. her gum line is probably to lelouch in the hangar too, kinda like a smarky comment as they head out for damocles, fits with her smile too. though not sure why that would be all that key to her character unless she... dunno...
You can say it you know. She might die in the next Turn. A lot of people think that.

Well, till I see it, i still think that the "smile she wants" is related to her name.

I don't know if i am right or wrong, but everyone think that smile in the preview is the good one, but me i doubt it <_<
Old 2008-09-16, 00:57   Link #2578
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
You can say it you know. She might die in the next Turn. A lot of people think that.

Well, till I see it, i still think that the "smile she wants" is related to her name.

I don't know if i am right or wrong, but everyone think that smile in the preview is the good one, but me i doubt it <_<
i dun wanna say it.

i just think her gum line is pretyt much guaranteed to be in that scene since thats when lelouch is setting out. doesnt make sense to say it when he comes back. im just wondering what will make it important. and im sure it will be sicne all the others are.
Old 2008-09-16, 01:01   Link #2579
lovecakecookies

I dont know.. doesn't the smile in the preview look like her regular snarky smiles?? Maybe its just me..

Her name is important to her.. when C.C was a slave with that name no one said it with care/concern/love or whatever.. I think she wants to hear it being said that way once before she dies.. its part of her humanity, that name..
Old 2008-09-16, 01:02   Link #2580
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
i dun wanna say it.

i just think her gum line is pretyt much guaranteed to be in that scene since thats when lelouch is setting out. doesnt make sense to say it when he comes back. im just wondering what will make it important. and im sure it will be sicne all the others are.
Even me think that she could die in 24, you know

Showing that her feelings towards him have changed, maybe?

Spoiler for spoil: