AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2019-12-26, 12:15   Link #1
Psyco Diver

I dunno why I didn't overclock sooner

I got a new GPU for my other computer, it's a old dell with a 3ghz 2 core AMD, 1 TB harddrive, good solid computer that I picked up with the monitor, keyboardand mouse for $50 because the ethernet port died. Except it wasn't broke because it had a nasty virus blocking internet access. So I wiped the drive installed my antivirus program, now I got me a solid computer for cheap.

Back to the point I picked up a new GeForce GT 710 2gb for $50 shipped and installed in, except it wasn't preforming like I thought it should, I got 30FPS ingame and bugged to 20-25fps with allot of on screen action on medium graphics settings. I downloaded MSI Afterburner and this card took a solid cooking, run 40-45 fps solid at medium settings and sits around 30-35 fps on high settings with a drop to around 25 or so on full load from the game.

I can push the card further but I backed it down some from where it seemed to run solid under full load to keep some cushion. I think its time to overclock the CPU next
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 05:34   Link #2
Strahan

Overclocking is pretty nice. I'm not hardcore into it enough to do bleeding edge OCs, but I've been pretty happy with basic results. My PC's prior build was a Core i7-920 that I ran at 4.02ghz over the stock 2.66 and my current is a Core i7-7700K I'm running at 5.2 over stock 4.2. The 920 I used a Noctua air cooler, honkin big thing. So much so that I was nervous transporting the PC upright, lol, I was worried about all that weight pulling on the board. When I built the new PC, I used a Corsair AIO water cooling kit. No fuss, no muss and keeps it nice and cool and stable. Really quiet too. I never tried overclocking my GPU. Haven't really had a need yet, I haven't ran any games that stress it out.

Nothing like getting some free clock cycles, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote