AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 14:34   Link #521
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

are they gonna pull a macross zero ending on us (with ranka being sara and sheryl being mao), o wait i think alto is dead (im sure he would surprise us by something like the quartz gem save his life again)
Old 2008-09-20, 14:34   Link #522
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
If Alto and Sheryl do die, I would love to buy the original DVDs and keep it as one of the great anime that is not afraid to kill main characters.

More deaths!
Old 2008-09-20, 14:37   Link #523
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
And I thought Alto's wingmen will die first(like most Macross series xD)
Old 2008-09-20, 14:38   Link #524
Westlo
Lets be reality

I like Alto's two new wingmen, so which one becomes Alto's best man at his wedding to Sheryl?
Old 2008-09-20, 14:40   Link #525
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
If Alto and Sheryl do die, I would love to buy the original DVDs and keep it as one of the great anime that is not afraid to kill main characters.

More deaths!
Yeah, it would be epic. they have yet to kill a main character. [Micheal is a supporting character for me). this series will join Eva and TTGL in that exclusive club.
Old 2008-09-20, 14:43   Link #526
stormy001_M1A2

Well, I suspect Ranka will be survivor of the holy war, deeply grieved by death her good friend Sheryl and her love Alto ; become some sort of peace ambassador, calling for more understanding between aliens and humans in Macross universe. That album looks suspiciously belong to hers.

But just a mere speculation. For what we know, Alto managed to eject in time ala GI Joe. Hehehehe.
Old 2008-09-20, 14:57   Link #527
hai_san

If both Alto and Sheryl die by the end of MF i think it would be one of the most epic tragic ending ever, comparable to the first Gundam, if you know what i mean when all main charas died! TTGL can't even compare since "only" 2 of the 4 main chars died.
Old 2008-09-20, 14:59   Link #528
Pinkified Princess

Wow, bird human. o.o I didn't realize it until I looked at that screencap. Looks like the one from Zero..

=o Now that Sheryl saw Alto getting shot down.
Hm...
Spoiler:

=o History repeats itself?

B>Seed mode for Sheryl.

I think Grace did say something like,
Some thing like.
"Ranshe"
"Mao"
"Your blood will slaughter each other."
Old 2008-09-20, 15:01   Link #529
stormy001_M1A2

Well, Macross always have a slant of anti war message, perhaps by killing these decent appealing characters in mind numbing way....is a way Kawamori preaching that war is bad while making money at the same time. After all with things going with War on Terror and Iraq could be inspiration for backstory? An alien culture and species should be eradicated with extreme prejudice, no understanding is allowed.

Leon declared a holy crusade against Vajra. I always get shiver when I hear holy war since it tends to be most extreme form of warfare as real life Earth history has shown.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:15   Link #530
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkified Princess View Post
Wow, bird human. o.o I didn't realize it until I looked at that screencap. Looks like the one from Zero..

=o Now that Sheryl saw Alto getting shot down.
Hm...
Spoiler:

=o History repeats itself?

B>Seed mode for Sheryl.

I think Grace did say something like,
Some thing like.
"Ranshe"
"Mao"
"Your blood will slaughter each other."
This reminds me of Blood+'s Saya and Diva and how coming into contact with each other's blood would kill them and then turn them into dust.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:24   Link #531
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@stormy
I disagree with the 'holy wars' being the most extreme form of warfare, as the world wars were fought for reasons that isn't religious. But that's niether here or there, so we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter.

But I'm really surprised that people are shocked and appaled that yet another death flag came up for Sheryl. I mean, there STILL isn't a reasonable explanation on how Sheryl would get cured, and this is the second last episode for God's sake. Alto suriving is one thing (which is slim), but Sheryl's imminent death has been built up upon for the entire series, even to this episode. Her being miraculously cured next episode (which has no build up prior to it) reeks largely of Deus ex Machina, and sorry to say, but it would be a sign of terrible writing exceeding any AltoXRanka ending.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-09-20, 15:30   Link #532
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Her being miraculously cured next episode (which has no build up prior to it) reeks largely of Deus ex Machina, and sorry to say, but it would be a sign of terrible writing exceeding any AltoXRanka ending.
I think as long as it's confirmed that Alto and Sheryl got to have their sexy fun time before she quit this world, the fans will be placated.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:36   Link #533
magnuskn

Quote:
But I'm really surprised that people are shocked and appaled that yet another death flag came up for Sheryl. I mean, there STILL isn't a reasonable explanation on how Sheryl would get cured, and this is the second last episode for God's sake. Alto suriving is one thing (which is slim), but Sheryl's imminent death has been built up upon for the entire series, even to this episode. Her being miraculously cured next episode (which has no build up prior to it) reeks largely of Deus ex Machina, and sorry to say, but it would be a sign of terrible writing exceeding any AltoXRanka ending.
If you wonīt accept the "Ranka has the same type of thingies inside which Sheryl" has clue, then of course you wonīt be see any different ending than Sheryls death. But donīt tell me I didnīt warn you.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:43   Link #534
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

But all of that hinges on the event that Ranka gets 'super mad powers that allow her to control the Vajra by her will.' (Which in of itself I find as dubious as any far fetched theories) And last time I checked, "Ranka has the same type of thingies inside which Sheryl" does NOT foreshadow Ranka getting complete control of the Vajra.

Old 2008-09-20, 15:46   Link #535
magnuskn

Quote:
But all of that hinges on the event that Ranka gets 'super mad powers that allow her to control the Vajra by her will.' (Which in of itself I find as dubious as any far fetched theories) And last time I checked, "Ranka has the same type of thingies inside which Sheryl" does NOT foreshadow Ranka getting complete control of the Vajra.
Oh, come on. That has been set up the entire series, I cannot believe you donīt see that coming.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:49   Link #536
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

By what? Even as of episode 23, she wasn't able to control Ai-kun. As of episode 24, all it proved that her song is stronger than Sheryl because she's naturally born with the Vajra. And next episode it would be her being the new queen, able to completely control any and all Vajra within the span of an episode? o_O

Old 2008-09-20, 15:53   Link #537
magnuskn

Quote:
By what? Even as of episode 23, she wasn't able to control Ai-kun. As of episode 24, all it proved that her song is stronger than Sheryl because she's naturally born with the Vajra. And next episode it would be her being the new queen, able to completely control any and all Vajra within the span of an episode? o_O
She has been used and abused by Grace since Grace set her cyborg eyes on her. Do you honestly believe that Kawamori will end the series with Ranka failing yet *again*? You realize we are watching Macross, right, not Evangelion?
Old 2008-09-20, 15:57   Link #538
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
She has been used and abused by Grace since Grace set her cyborg eyes on her. Do you honestly believe that Kawamori will end the series with Ranka failing yet *again*? You realize we are watching Macross, right, not Evangelion?
Shipping wars at their best or worst depending on your point of view!
Old 2008-09-20, 16:09   Link #539
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait, what does Grace have to do with anything? I'm afraid I don't see the connection still.

As for Ranka 'failing', considering her track record, I wouldn't really put it past her. But even if she does succeed, she can succeed in a variety of ways rather than being the new overmind queent of the zerg Vajra.

Old 2008-09-20, 16:14   Link #540
stormy001_M1A2

Sheryl is meant to be tragic heroine from early on. I honestly don't know why people cannot accept that. By her death, she will complete the story's circle of existence.

She is thanatos, Ranka is life. Alto is the equilibrium.