AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 04:22   Link #2221
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Well, the SW stuff only made up a tiny portion of that.
Really well what was the re-- wait a second!

*Tk runs off to call the cops regarding his suspicions Selkirk is smuggling drugs hidden in packages of amine merchandise*

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 03:03   Link #2222
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

HEHA! Finally got the vol. 2 scan on Nyantype 4.

My expression when I got them :

BTw, when I was rewatching Strike Witches the other day, I noticed the Fiat G.55 has a pretty different sound from the other striker units, like the A6M3 or P51............it sounded like it has a turbo. Did i hear it wrong? Superchargers doesn't sound like that......
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 05:23   Link #2223
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

I just read Chapter 3 in NyanType 5. It's... well, yeah, more reasons why I blame the 501st (and Lucchini in particular) for much of the funny stupid antics in Strike Witches, along with the accompanying horrible reputation.

Spoiler:

Oh, the actual articles mentions the Adriatic Sea as the setting for S2. At least one new character, Takei Junko, to show up as well.

Last edited by selkirk; 2010-02-06 at 05:46.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 05:41   Link #2224
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
And my copy of Nyantype 4 got here just yesterday. Oh the irony.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 05:44   Link #2225
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And my copy of Nyantype 4 got here just yesterday. Oh the irony.
I just got it a few hrs ago......

Quote:
I just read Chapter 3 is NyanType 5. It's... well, yeah, more reasons why I blame the 501st (and Lucchini in particular) for much of the funny stupid antics in Strike Witches, along with the accompanying horrible reputation.
well i guess i have to wait for Nyantype 5 to be scanned then........I love Takei from NDS. Good news then, she is going to appear.
Old 2010-02-06, 05:46   Link #2226
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Chapter 2 actually got scanned?
Old 2010-02-06, 05:48   Link #2227
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:

My expression when I got them :

There. That is the front cover. Lucchini does not like Shirley's cooking even though she can only manage to boil water XD. Hanna-Justina Marseille debute!

Quote:
I just read Chapter 3 in NyanType 5. It's... well, yeah, more reasons why I blame the 501st (and Lucchini in particular) for much of the funny stupid antics in Strike Witches, along with the accompanying horrible reputation.
How much did you pay for Nyantype 5? Did you order it online?

Last edited by MitsubishiZero; 2010-02-06 at 06:02.
Old 2010-02-06, 07:04   Link #2228
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
There. That is the front cover. Lucchini does not like Shirley's cooking even though she can only manage to boil water XD. Hanna-Justina Marseille debute!

How much did you pay for Nyantype 5? Did you order it online?
Who did the scans? I don't see any on Japanese p2p.

I just got it in a store. Think it was 100 HKD or so.
Old 2010-02-06, 07:08   Link #2229
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Who did the scans? I don't see any on Japanese p2p.

I just got it in a store. Think it was 100 HKD or so.
No idea. I just found it randomly........and i cannot use p2p due to network reasons....

100HKD is quite expensive, but money is not my problem. I can't find any store selling these books. And those in 7-11s are local magazines...
Old 2010-02-06, 07:13   Link #2230
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Do you still have the link? Could you send it to us?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 07:16   Link #2231
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
First 2 episodes of the English dub is out!

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=289

I'm definitely liking Cherami's Yoshika and Kira's Mio. I don't much opinion on the others until I hear more but Perrine sounds awesome.
Old 2010-02-06, 07:31   Link #2232
Neoman15M

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post

I'm definitely liking Cherami's Yoshika and Kira's Mio. I don't much opinion on the others until I hear more but Perrine sounds awesome.
I can't reach that video. I can't even get into the company's main site. It redirects to the same page......
Neoman15M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 09:44   Link #2233
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
If you're not in the U.S, you're pretty much out of luck.
Old 2010-02-06, 09:47   Link #2234
Neoman15M

That's a pity.......I watched the commercials of the Strike Witches and I would really like to listen to the dubs and see how it goes........
Old 2010-02-06, 10:35   Link #2235
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman15M View Post
That's a pity.......I watched the commercials of the Strike Witches and I would really like to listen to the dubs and see how it goes........
Well, you can still always buy the R1 DVD's when they come out, it's just that for streaming, Funimation only has the license and legal rights to do so for North America.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 11:06   Link #2236
Neoman15M

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Well, you can still always buy the R1 DVD's when they come out, it's just that for streaming, Funimation only has the license and legal rights to do so for North America.
It's nothing much really. I have the 12 episodes of Strike Witches plus OVA in Japanese original dub. It's just that I would like to see and hear how SW is dubbed in English. If it isn't available, I don't really mind.

Isn't R1 DVD already out?
Old 2010-02-06, 12:05   Link #2237
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman15M View Post
It's nothing much really. I have the 12 episodes of Strike Witches plus OVA in Japanese original dub. It's just that I would like to see and hear how SW is dubbed in English. If it isn't available, I don't really mind.

Isn't R1 DVD already out?
No, it's release date is March 30th.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 12:21   Link #2238
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
I think the lack of pants can be blamed for that, if we put them all in pants or skirts suddenly none of it is really any worse then any other anime dramadey. Then again it also wouldn't have had quite as much "heat" as it where either as the saying goes about publicity...

Quote:
Spoiler:

Oh, the actual articles mentions the Adriatic Sea as the setting for S2. At least one new character, Takei Junko, to show up as well.
Ah I don’t find them so bad, but then again I also can find a bit of juvenile humor funny from time to time. Though the fact I happen to like Yeager and applaud her getting any screen time to the exclusion of other characters may also be making me more forgiving... (America Fuck Yeah! =p)

Though more seriously let’s be honest some people do watch/read for stuff like that so it’s gonna get in there like it or not. If we happen not to like it we just have to get past it and focus on other bits, for now at least it seems to be maintaining a decent balance between those two ends giving people on both sides stuff to like. If it swings totally toward the silliness then yeah we’ve got a problem, and on that note how the new season goes could be critical

We can only hope it’s reasonably serious and perhaps tones down the “lol no pants!” stuff a bit.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 21:51   Link #2239
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I think the lack of pants can be blamed for that, if we put them all in pants or skirts suddenly none of it is really any worse then any other anime dramadey. Then again it also wouldn't have had quite as much "heat" as it where either as the saying goes about publicity...

Ah I don’t find them so bad, but then again I also can find a bit of juvenile humor funny from time to time. Though the fact I happen to like Yeager and applaud her getting any screen time to the exclusion of other characters may also be making me more forgiving... (America Fuck Yeah! =p)

Though more seriously let’s be honest some people do watch/read for stuff like that so it’s gonna get in there like it or not. If we happen not to like it we just have to get past it and focus on other bits, for now at least it seems to be maintaining a decent balance between those two ends giving people on both sides stuff to like. If it swings totally toward the silliness then yeah we’ve got a problem, and on that note how the new season goes could be critical

We can only hope it’s reasonably serious and perhaps tones down the “lol no pants!” stuff a bit.
Well based on the magazine (I don't know which one, just a random page) the interview says it's going to be about friendship and values and such.........I can't really read Japanese so I guess that's about those.........That said, pants is going to remain an "attraction" to those who like it, but i hope they don't put too much emphasis on it...
Old 2010-02-08, 16:22   Link #2240
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post

i would like to see what 2ch thinks...
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume