AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-01, 17:30   Link #21
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Ophelia looks like small-time compared to her.
So untrue. Ophelia will always be the most evil, crazy, and psychopathic character in claymore.
Roxanne is just a an evil bitch who betrays her "friends". Ophelia had no friends because delighted in hurting and torturing people. Roxanne really only wanted power.

And Ophelia doesn't look as whorish.

OPHELIA

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-01, 21:59   Link #22
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Interesting, glad we are getting to see a confrontation between Cassandra and Roxanne. I find myself hoping that Roxanne isn't totally broken and has a legitimately hard time against AB Cassandra, even if she ends up winning.
Old 2011-10-02, 00:40   Link #23
Demon6666

If Roxxane really is that OP, i wonder how she even died? or if she ever died at all :P

she said something like: "the two resurrected ones don't even remember their names."

This almost sounds to me that Roxxanne many not have been resurrected at all, but merely woken from some unfrozen state or something.
Old 2011-10-02, 01:26   Link #24
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
If Roxxane really is that OP, i wonder how she even died? or if she ever died at all :P

she said something like: "the two resurrected ones don't even remember their names."

This almost sounds to me that Roxxanne many not have been resurrected at all, but merely woken from some unfrozen state or something.
Good point! But since she was grouped with 2 dead claymores and were labeled as an "experiment", I suspect that she died as well. Otherwise, keeping a psychopath like her under control would be difficult.

Anyway, slow pacing Yagi.. Make it quicker, will ya?
Old 2011-10-02, 01:28   Link #25
Celestial Teapot

I found a spoiler.

Spoiler for Chapter 119:
Old 2011-10-02, 02:59   Link #26
kureimur

Damn. So the first spoiler was fake after all.

Anyway, I think Roxanne can kill Cassandra easily. That might be the reason why Dae didn't worry about the resurrection of the 3 no.1s, or maybe, just 2. She is the solution if the 2 would not turn out as planned.
Old 2011-10-02, 03:09   Link #27
Weird D
Just existing...

So we have 2 different spoilers now : backstory on Roxanne or the continuation of Miria's fight. I would admit the latter makes more sense, after all Yagi had just shifted the focus to this fight, so changing it again would feel weird. Doesn't mean I'd mind more insight on Roxanne, we haven't had a genuinely complex character like her for a while now.
Old 2011-10-02, 06:13   Link #28
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
Miria almost awakened because Ophelia threw salt on her wounds - but you're right: Roxanne is definitely the vile horrific character we have ever seen in Claymore thus far; Ophelia looks like small-time compared to her.
@Shekky

Oh come on now. U know Ophy is more psychotic than that. Need I remind you of all the games she played? I see Roxanne more of a sociopath char. She seems to be very confident and more intellectual (in a sinister way of course ).
Old 2011-10-02, 07:04   Link #29
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Spoiler for 119 new spoiler:
Old 2011-10-02, 07:08   Link #30
Ulquihorror

so which one is true. It seems we have 34345 different spoilers for this chapter
Old 2011-10-02, 07:20   Link #31
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

none of these spoilers seems crazy enough to be impossible but i'll put my money on the cass vs rox one. Where did you get that one, mosmos?
edit: it's not on baidu nor on tss and the fact that it's in english rule the last one out. The people on both boards say that the cass/rox one is true.

Last edited by fraktur; 2011-10-02 at 07:52.
Old 2011-10-02, 08:04   Link #32
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
@Shekky

Oh come on now. U know Ophy is more psychotic than that. Need I remind you of all the games she played? I see Roxanne more of a sociopath char. She seems to be very confident and more intellectual (in a sinister way of course ).
I've made some posts on it before, but check out my not-that-long-ago conversation with Revan, in which he had the same stance and ended up agreeing with me - trust me, nothing Ophelia did is as bad as Roxanne

--

As for the spoilers, ugh, the only one I like was the second one -- I flat-out don't like the idea of any of the new No.1's dying anytime soon, whether it be Hysteria or Cassandra (even worse if it's the latter because she could end up being good ally if the right cards are played).

The only thing I like about the first spoiler really is that it creates another weakness in Roxanne - that their are techniques that she simply doesn't want to replicate and/or are too above her to even try.
Old 2011-10-02, 08:43   Link #33
rafael1932
claymores pimp

An4rchy99

Roxane tries to build a relationship with you that goes from moths to years ( maybe the average time is around 1 year). Since claymores loses their family and are alone, such relationship is something very important and warm to them. After that, the claymore trust roxane to be a real friend, someone that can be together in good and bad moments. At this point, she goes crazy and tries to kill her. Is far more cold than Ophelia that show up her truly identity from the very start. Ophelia can only play around with people weaker than her and anyone with brains would try to defend her life from the very start – once they start to see how dement Ophelia is.

Also, roxane kills the other claymore when she is sure that she is stronger versus Ophelia that couldn’t care any less about it

For me roxane is worse than ophelia
Old 2011-10-02, 09:18   Link #34
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

@rafael1932

All you proved is that Roxanne is an Evil Bitch.
Ophelia is a psychopath who really doesn't care about life or death.
Roxanne wanted power, she wanted to get stronger than her comrades and become the strongest warrior.
Ophelia is CRAZY she delights in hurting and killing other claymores and humans. Roxanne doesn't care about anyone other than the person she is trying to get power from. She wouldn't want kill anyone else and she most likely wouldn't try to kill humans. Ophelia just wants to kill everyone who gets in her way.

Ophelia is so much more Insane than Roxanne.

And Ophelia is more attractive.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-02, 10:01   Link #35
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@Shekky

This depends on the view point you take. As for me, I see Roxanne being more of a safe player. Befriending and making a surprise killing is in need nasty but Ophelia is simply just crazy.

For me I can see so many Roxanne's like chars in Deadman Wonderland... man and they have some crazzy people there......

And I think the distinction is like I said sociopath v psychopath... :hehe: I think this also depends on how you view crazy... I agree that definitely Roxanne is more evil than any other char in claymore so far. Even prissy is nothing like her. Ophy showed her true colors at the end. I sure hope Yagi tells us more about these char in the coming episode. I hate that all the enemies have been killed off/sealed now. So this is probably going to lead to some new villains being developed.

- - -
@ rafael1932

I think we can call her char in the domains of a yandere. But with the gore and blood of course

- - -

oh btw, I would rather see the Miria fight continue. I am missing the fab 4 as things are already...
Old 2011-10-02, 10:22   Link #36
Nixl

Wow, three spoilers, all of which sound plausible. I have to admit, the fact that the last spoiler mentioned annoying dialogue during the fights makes me think that it is the real one. I mean, what else would Deneve do except explain the entire fight to us.

It is interesting though, the differential lines between the spoilers seem to be blurring in regards to Roxanne and Miria.
Old 2011-10-02, 11:14   Link #37
Nidhogg

Roxanne would "befriend" a fellow warrior to acquire her special technique and somehow the warrior would end up dead.

Ophelia was just psycho bitch crazy and somehow the organization failed to notice. They certainly noticed when Teresa offed those bandits!

Ophelia wasn't even discreet about her tendencies, she even boasted about it to Clare when she was about to kill her, only to be thwarted by Ilena and her quick sword.

I'll read #119 when it gets posted and not take the spoilers too seriously

Oh Yeah, Ophelia is a cutie alright, its just that she bugs out and kills people, a hell of a way to end a first date!

Last edited by Nidhogg; 2011-10-02 at 11:17. Reason: not finished!
Old 2011-10-02, 14:26   Link #38
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

another spoiler on baidu:
Spoiler for 119:

google translation (can't make much out of it, tbh)
Spoiler for translation:
Old 2011-10-02, 14:35   Link #39
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2011-10-02, 14:40   Link #40
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Argh... it's already the second day and we haven't even got the raw, only new/fake spoilers