AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-29, 04:33   Link #7781
Blaat

Grats on the awesome missions Americans.
Old 2013-06-29, 04:58   Link #7782
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well messed around with the statistic file of XVM, but will have to wait until next week to see how the thing actually displays. Until then, back to the depths of academia for me.
Old 2013-06-29, 05:05   Link #7783
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well messed around with the statistic file of XVM, but will have to wait until next week to see how the thing actually displays. Until then, back to the depths of academia for me.
What do you research?
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 07:18   Link #7784
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
+17%

You know, having played over 1000 battles I think I would know which equipment are best for me.
Trying to be helpful and offering some personal advise? JEEZ WHAT WAS I THINKING !?!

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 09:39   Link #7785
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, after almost two years of not playing World of Tanks at all, I decided to start playing on Wednesday. This will be my fourth night playing World of Tanks since 8.6.

Decided to work towards a Valentine, since it shares the Churchill's gun, and while I think I'm probably a heavy player because of my playstyle, I was also happiest when playing lights, so it works out.

Sold my T-35-85 since I wasn't using it that much, went back to my T-34 as my main breadwinner for my stable. I actually managed to score 12k credits despite getting killed and losing a match, lol. Probably a fluke.

Also, my thoughts on British Lights: Fornicate that excretia most vigorously. Jesus. Armor and gun of light tanks... with a Heavy Tank's speed. Hell, I see Heavy Tanks outrunning my Cruiser Mk. II!

...but somehow I find it's quite fun to play, especially with the glorious trollicious 40mm pom-pom. I love the pom-pom. In fact, I just netted 8k credits from a match in which my team was defeated... but I killed 6 enemy tanks, so it's all good. I think that'll be the Zenith of my WoT experience; never again will I be such a glorious Garupan.

In fact, on Thursday, my Cruiser II crew were at 75% (selling that T-34-85 was quite helpful towards building my warchest). Now they're at 83%. My T-34 crew is at 96%. I plan to get my Cruiser II crew to 100%, then transfer them to my Valentine, and get a new 75% crew for my Cruiser II, with my main tanks then being Valentine, T-34 and Cruiser II.

Also, less rage is experienced if I play GuP's rendition of the British Grenadiers whenever I'm using my Cruiser II.

Just a thought - has anyone named their tanks yet? Because I haven't, due to lack of suitable names. (Maybe I'll just name them after my dogs. )

Also good god the Panzer III's 20mm autocannon. That's a tremendously trolltastic gun. It fires so fast, the common reaction is "Meh, machinegun, it's just harassment fire- wait WTF? Why am I dead? What manner of foul sorcery is this?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Trying to be helpful and offering some personal advise? JEEZ WHAT WAS I THINKING !?!
You were trying to be a helpful, rational poster.

Unfortunately, the person you were addressing is an ojousama who by her own admission doesn't relate well to other people, and has stated a belief in the purity of martial arts trumping other considerations, who admires the Nishizumi style and considers irrelevant the personal experiences of professional soldiers who have actually been in combat and done shit for real, all because apparently they aren't Japanese.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 10:04   Link #7786
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Huh, apparently the MUP Clan Chat went kaput for some reason. The only way Kimi and I were able to chat was when I directly messaged him. Wonder what happened.
Old 2013-06-29, 10:27   Link #7787
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Because "advice" given when it is clear the other side knows what she is talking about isn't advice. For that matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
And I don't even have any equipment on it since I had to cannibalize it for other tanks.
That single line has all there is to know.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 10:42   Link #7788
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

That might seem *clear* to you but how was I to know you had 1000+ battles in it given that I don't play with you or even know what equipment you had cannibalized ? and when you state "Who knows how dangerous it might be if it was fully equipped?" your implying a question to which I took the time to answer with what worked for me and weather or not it was relevant to you a blunt condescending reply wasn't called for.

In other news Blaat's finally bitten the bullet and bought the T49 and can I foresee some fun pairings in the future !

Wild Goose I found the valentine to be a mixed bag, its very slow for a light tank especially on hills but its armor seems sloped in places so you'll often bounce a few shells here and there which can be life saving at times. Its final gun is alright but could really benefit from a rammer.

Its not a bad tank overall and I think in total after 1-200 battle I have a win rate of about 60%

Last edited by Drake; 2013-06-29 at 11:23.
Old 2013-06-29, 11:11   Link #7789
Blaat

I indeed got the T49, I'm using the T49 to train a second batch of US TD crew, my long run plan is to continue the turreted US line without sacrificing my Hellcat so I decided to try out the M8A1, T49 and in the I'm future planning to get the Jackson.
Old 2013-06-29, 11:17   Link #7790
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Wild Goose I found the valentine to be a mixed bag, its very slow for a light tank especially on hills but its armor seems sloped in places so you'll often bounce a few shells here and there which can be life saving at times. It final gun is alright but could really benefit from a rammer.

Its not a bad tank overall and I think in total after 1-200 battle I have a win rate of about 60%
I love it because of the gun and because I can move to the Churchill from it.

Also, after biting the bullet and getting the weekend pack, I then realised that, after I'd grinded the XP for the Valentine, that to get a Elite crew is ridiculously cheap - the Valentine has only 3 crew, which means 300 gold. Which I had earlier.

I'm now using an Elite Crew Valentine as my main, with T-34 and Cruiser II as my moneymaker/fun machines.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-06-29, 11:29   Link #7791
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I indeed got the T49, I'm using the T49 to train a second batch of US TD crew, my long run plan is to continue the turreted US line without sacrificing my Hellcat so I decided to try out the M8A1, T49 and in the I'm future planning to get the Jackson.
I'm tempted to go down the jackson route myself as I believe the jackson has better armor than the hellcat but with the same gun and I'm curious to see what the T28's are like.

Old 2013-06-29, 11:31   Link #7792
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Best credits and Exp from a single match ever, in my entire life.

http://i.imgur.com/FbWSnl3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2n1JMV1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1rPiBGp.jpg

OH HELL YES, BE MY VALENTINE!

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-29 at 12:57. Reason: Please use the images tag when posting big pics such as this.
Old 2013-06-29, 11:41   Link #7793
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Remember to start training your crew skills (the little plus symbols on each crewman if you didnt already know) ;D

Old 2013-06-29, 12:01   Link #7794
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Already done ;D

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-06-29, 12:07   Link #7795
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Yep, though with a single skill/perk, you don't have any space to be picky. Generally choose skills that make up for the Valentine's weakness. Clutch Driving, stuff like that.
Old 2013-06-29, 12:23   Link #7796
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

sixth sense is a must on every tanks, repair is also important, being able to repair track fast when repair kit already used save lives.
Old 2013-06-29, 12:23   Link #7797
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yep, though with a single skill/perk, you don't have any space to be picky. Generally choose skills that make up for the Valentine's weakness. Clutch Driving, stuff like that.
Indeed especially given that its only a crew of 3 so your choices are limited.

I trained mine in repair, clutch driving and safe stowage first. I'm not sure how useful the firefighting skill is but I can tell you I've had my valentine set on fire quite a few times so it may be a useful skill to look at.

Old 2013-06-29, 12:30   Link #7798
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I usually prioritize skills over perks, and even then only grab the latter (remember, perks in general only take effect at 100%) when my crew is on their second slot so I can just drop and replace.

Edit: I was checking my tank stats, and I noticed how my B1's maximum experience gained stat seems to have changed from 1408 to 1716. The thing is, I don't remember having scored that kind of experience in a game, but apparently it happened within the last week or so. o_O You'd think I'd forget a game where I got that huge amount of experience easily.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-29, 12:51   Link #7799
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Edit: I was checking my tank stats, and I noticed how my B1's maximum experience gained stat seems to have changed from 1408 to 1716. The thing is, I don't remember having scored that kind of experience in a game, but apparently it happened within the last week or so. o_O You'd think I'd forget a game where I got that huge amount of experience easily.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Premium account. As it happens, the maximum experience recorded happens to include the premium multiplier.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 13:29   Link #7800
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Huh, apparently the MUP Clan Chat went kaput for some reason. The only way Kimi and I were able to chat was when I directly messaged him. Wonder what happened.
Same for me. It feels uncomfortable not seeing the clan chat window available.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks