AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 22:26   Link #221
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Can I just mention this - I want to start a fucking support group for people who are hopelessly addicted to the OP song.

UNINSTALL IT FROM MY HEAD PLEASE.

This is totally the best OP I've heard the whole year so far from a personal POV. It just sticks in my head so well and has such a melodious tune that carries hope and despair and all that stuff together... aargh!

Help! I can't be the only one! I can't even get it out of my head when I'm doing tests!
Hi, my name is Kyuusai, and I'm addicted to the Bokurano OP.

I have played it countless times. I time my scrub back to the beginning after its over so the beat isn't broken, in order to fool other listeners so that they don't realize I'm such a nerd that I'm playing a TV intro repeatedly.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 23:35   Link #222
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I seem to be the only one addicted to the ED more so than the OP...

They both compliment each other very well, though. The OP sets us up for something epic and full of wonder, and the ED brings us back down to earth by reminding us of the price of it. Brilliant.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:14   Link #223
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I seem to be the only one addicted to the ED more so than the OP...
No no, I agree, I love both songs and played them over and over, but I'm mesmerized moreso by the ED than the OP :x
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 02:37   Link #224
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Can I just mention this - I want to start a fucking support group for people who are hopelessly addicted to the OP song.
Same here. I had it in my head for three days even though I wasn't listening to it anymore (because I feared it would never disappear ) I have an exam tomorrow, so afterwards, I can listen to it again!

The OP is so outstanding - and I never expected it to be the same person who did the gorgeous Simoun OP. (And oh, she also sung the OP and ED for .hack//Sign O.o The music in .hack//Sign was the only thing I liked about the series...)

Last edited by Rion; 2007-04-19 at 02:48.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 07:23   Link #225
Child_of_Sierra

sorry, when the page reloaded (accidentally )it showed my first post did not go through, after rewriting my thoughts I saw this one got loaded...

please delete...

Last edited by Child_of_Sierra; 2007-04-19 at 07:34. Reason: double post
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 07:32   Link #226
Child_of_Sierra

Heh, so many people have said it already but Uninstall is easily one of my favorite songs this season so yeah "me too"!

If there's one major thing the producers/staff got right in this anime adaptation (I actually haven't seen anything wrong with ep 1 yet) I'd say it was choosing uninstall for the OP. So much emotion conveyed and it only gets better to watch and hear as the story progress.
Old 2007-04-19, 09:14   Link #227
vspirit
...huh?

Was Ushiro (Jun) in the OP at all or did I just miss him completely?

And, well...I can't identify the kid running in the sunset but the stance looks really girly (I thought it was Maki at first but then she has a shot at the end, then i think it's Machi but...well...something seems off about the picture if that is indeed her) to be him. And I don't think they'd put him in a running pose anyway...but then i think i see glasses...........

Can't seem to be able to properly tell who some of the four kids who first appeared are either...cept for maybe the one who ran in front (looks like anko to me but i could be wrong).

mmmmh.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 09:48   Link #228
Rikichi

Quote:

UNINSTALL IT FROM MY HEAD PLEASE.

This is totally the best OP I've heard the whole year so far from a personal POV. It just sticks in my head so well and has such a melodious tune that carries hope and despair and all that stuff together... aargh!

Help! I can't be the only one! I can't even get it out of my head when I'm doing tests!
Me too. I murmured all day.
Old 2007-04-19, 17:09   Link #229
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post

And, well...I can't identify the kid running in the sunset but the stance looks really girly (I thought it was Maki at first but then she has a shot at the end, then i think it's Machi but...well...something seems off about the picture if that is indeed her) to be him. And I don't think they'd put him in a running pose anyway...but then i think i see glasses...........

Can't seem to be able to properly tell who some of the four kids who first appeared are either...cept for maybe the one who ran in front (looks like anko to me but i could be wrong).

mmmmh.
I thought the running kid was Kako but I could be wrong.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 17:16   Link #230
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post

mmmmh.
Yes is Ushiro, everyone else has their own shot.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 19:08   Link #231
Diedrupo

Hmm, I watched the OP closer... Does anyone want to speculate on what Machi's scene indicates?

She's standing there watching a destroyed earth... The only reason this is important is because (don't read further if you don't want any manga information)

Spoiler:
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 19:44   Link #232
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Personally I don't think so...

Spoiler for manga:
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 20:20   Link #233
vhx

60% of this thread is talking about the OP. Jeez, it's a song, get over it. :P 35% of the rest is talking about the manga. Where the hell are the anime discussions?

Spoiler for Ep 2 Thoughts:
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 20:21   Link #234
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

One more candidate for the OP addiction support group here.

I really liked episode two, I got excited about big robot mecha battles very rarely but this time I couldn't help it, Zearth literally kicking the crap out of the enemy was a cool scene. And I was expecing the final twist in the episode due to some spoilers I had read on another forum but the way Waku just fell was quite surprising in itself.
Now, if only I could actually learn the names of all the characters... Can't wait to see more of them, though.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 20:54   Link #235
Codex

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Speculations:

Last edited by Codex; 2007-04-19 at 21:08.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:45   Link #236
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

About the person running in the opening, I thought it was Kako because in the manga, Yosuke Kirie commented that Kako was a fast runner.

Spoiler for Codex's speculations:
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:47   Link #237
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Episode2:

Frankly we seem to have more questions coming from this than answers. A really intense finish.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-04-20 at 11:32.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:51   Link #238
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Would people please start to label there spoilers involving Manga --- there are some pretty huge spoilers from the manga that have been mentioned. I've read most of the manga so i'm okay, but there are a lot of new people here to the series who don't want to be spoiled.
Old 2007-04-19, 21:55   Link #239
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Very interesting show, to say the least. It being much darker than most other shows of this season really piqued my interest. I mean, judging by what little has been shown, it seems the big ass giant machine's power supply is the life of the pilot, and God knows what chaos that would bring these 4th graders once they realize the pattern. I can't wait and am looking forward to that moment when hell breaks loose; must be my psycho-moe tendencies and the fact that I still think that Infinite Ryvius is still one of the best anime shows ever.

And is the manga it's based upon done? Because I was under the impression it isn't, which unfortunately means that it's going to go unfinished. And God knows when we'll see a proper conclusion if that was the case *cough*NaruTaru*cough*... >_>

I gotta agree though, the OP is really good, as it flows very well. The song itself IMO is easily the best of the season, although for me the vocal performance would have to settle for second best because Lena Park's rendition of Raise Me Up still gives me the shivers everytime I hear it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 22:02   Link #240
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And is the manga it's based upon done?
The manga has not finished yet --- so the anime shall probably go the Gonzo way.

Tags
drama, mecha