AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 01:24   Link #5041
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I feel we definitely learned some things during those battles. Looking forward to doing some more.
Old 2013-04-13, 02:20   Link #5042
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
let me say this, it was becuz i was there. but then again we had a decent amount of ppl on vent so even witout me i think u guys could still manage.
But would you have started the tank company on your own without me doing it?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 07:26   Link #5043
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Finally got on yestarday for a few games and Blaat kindly joined in for some shinanigans.

Although before we teamed up I had a few games in the AT2 to take advantage of the 100% cred boost for the weekend event and lets say things got a little interesting.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not my best performance and I ended up being the only one to take the back route behind the lighthouse which might not of been a good idea considering my low speed but I figured it was better than leaving it open for the enemy to flank us, anyway by the time I got the whole way round my entire team was dead and I ended up surrounded by 3-4 mediums that I managed to take out thanks to sheer luck (and one of them killing themselves trying to ram me) and while we lost the round I was at least able to hold out.

In short the AT2 is stupidly hard to kill.

Anyway blaat helped me with my speed issue and we formed an undefeatable land train. =D
Images

We later went on to troll a KV-2 and a couple of KV-IS's which was hilarious.

Anyway in other news I managed to pick up the AT-8 thanks to the credit boost and here are the results of my first game with completely stock modules.

Images

The KV1 actually ran away from me so yeah I can see this being as hilarious as the AT2 was

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 07:48   Link #5044
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I've just gotten the AT-8 as well, and it only really starts to shine once you get the 77mm, as its SEVERELY undergunned for its tier. Even then, the 77mm has subpar pen (you're going to have to aim a LOT of your shots, especially against heavies), but you'll have to endure until you get the 17-pounder, at which point it transforms from a moving bunker to something that can seriously reach out and hurt people.
Old 2013-04-13, 08:36   Link #5045
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm up to the 77mm at the moment and you do need to aim your shots (much like the at2) but then again you often have the time to do so because you've got that extra armour hell I've noticed some tanks don't even bother to shoot at you as they know they have little chance of damaging you.

One thing I noticed with the AT2 (I imagine it'll be a similar story in the AT8) is that as opposed to the usual snipe from cover affair with most other TD's you can act as a battering ram that can force its way through choke points without much difficulty and with the aid of a couple of team mates to back you up you can go pretty much anywhere you damn well please.

It should be too difficult to get the 17 pounder but until then I'll make do alright I think.

Old 2013-04-13, 08:49   Link #5046
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well, as others had already pointed out, the AT does stand for "Assault Tank", so yeah, the UK series from the AT 2 onwards serve the linebreaker role well, but only in conjunction with other tanks watching your flanks. The things are artillery magnets though, but an AT in a narrow alley will definitely give people headaches. Take note though, decent players will aim for your top hatch IMMEDIATELY (I know I do when I go against ATs!), but eh, pubs don't have that much sense by and large.
Old 2013-04-13, 10:17   Link #5047
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
But would you have started the tank company on your own without me doing it?
nope never, I hate the wait time, i rather platoon or solo than tank company.

now with that aside, i bought the Maus with the 2nd anniv bundle cuz i hate the cred grind especially when i bought the KT and hooked it up with equipment and set it up, now all i need is the IS, then i'll be done collecting GUP tanks until they bring out the jap line so i can get the chi nu and type 89.

then i'll be getting the US autos and get a way to free xp my way to the T 62A MBT.

p.s. someone got a hetz i can run over? I still want to do ep. 12 re-enactment

p.s.s. I thought that AT was for anti-tank.
Old 2013-04-13, 10:29   Link #5048
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I have noticed that the commander hatch is pretty weak and its an easily hittable target too, I've got the 17 pounder fitted now so I'll give it a go and see how it is later.

Had a few good games earlier with just the 77mm and fitted a rammer and some bino-optics too.

Old 2013-04-13, 10:32   Link #5049
Gravitas Free Zone

Well, that's the real trick with the ATs: You distract people, who either can't get through the front armor or have to take a long time to aim at the cupola, while your friends shoot them.

The jan-ken-pon solution to this, of course, is to then blow the AT to hell with an arty strike.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 10:38   Link #5050
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Well, that's the real trick with the ATs: You distract people, who either can't get through the front armor or have to take a long time to aim at the cupola, while your friends shoot them.

The jan-ken-pon solution to this, of course, is to then blow the AT to hell with an arty strike.
well thats one way to deal with it conventionally, but i go to the unconventional, use HE derp rounds from the 105, 122, or 152. I could pretty much kill any AT within tier 6 or 7, given the amount of time needed to kill it. and dependent on the gun the AT has, that means i can prolly get bounces or no pens on my tank, and i can sit there let him have free shots while i quack away.

well GL on the Tourny who ever got qualified, i'm guaranteed that i'll miss it even if MUP is in the qualifiers.
Old 2013-04-13, 11:41   Link #5051
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've shrugged off plenty of HE hits in the AT2 from 105mm (cant speak for anything over that) without taking any real damage save for say the tracks so I wouldn't imagine the AT-8 would be much different unless you landed an HE hit to the commanders hatch.

I've noticed the small off set canon on the AT-8 is also prone to pen hits although the damage is negligibility in most cases and if your poking out from behind cover then its out of view most times anyway.

In my last game I managed to block off the who left hand side almost single handily save for a pzIV/III who came to give me a hand, surprised I didn't get steel wall again since I've been getting them quite frequently in the AT's.

Images

Also here a fun little flank with the T49, the enemy team was stupid enough to leave only one tank to guard the whole left flank so once he was delt with I simply waltzed into their base killed all their arty and help mop up the stragglers.

Last edited by Drake; 2013-04-13 at 11:55.
Old 2013-04-13, 15:54   Link #5052
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Then you really haven't played against good derp players then cuz I always do some dmg wit derp to ATs before dying if I don't survive.
Old 2013-04-13, 16:34   Link #5053
Sumeragi
Banned

Patrol Duty E-50 Ausf. M:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:55   Link #5054
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So, I finally got around to trying this and played a couple battles. Does the matchmaking system keep all tiers separate or is that just for Tier 1 for new players to get acquainted with the game? Either way I'm gonna stick around there for a while till I get a better feel for things but it'd be nice to know if I'm likely to be completely outclassed/obliterated immediately after moving up.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 17:05   Link #5055
Gravitas Free Zone

Tier 1 will only get Tier 1 and Tier 2. After that most tanks will get their tier and up to two tiers higher, the exceptions being scouts, artillery, and some premium vehicles.

Here from here.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:37   Link #5056
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
So, I finally got around to trying this and played a couple battles. Does the matchmaking system keep all tiers separate or is that just for Tier 1 for new players to get acquainted with the game?
From tiers 1-3, you will mostly fight other tanks of your tier. Once you hit tier 4 however, ESPECIALLY if you're a light tank (who are often designated as scouts), things start to get... complicated. You see that's the point where MM's sadism kicks in, as you'll start seeing teams with some tier 6s mixed in, most of which tier 4 guns can't even touch. And Haruhi help you if you're a scout like the Pz38nA, because you can see up to tier 8 battles.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:39   Link #5057
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

after a certain point you will get tier II battles, thats usually after you have upgraded everything from tier I, which will qualify you for tier II matches. as Knack has stated, most tanks besides scouts and arty will get no more than a tier or two above their own. which pisses me off sometimes when i'm trying to do dailies.

as for arty there was a roamer that they will make it up to tier X so arty will be matched by tiers similar to tanks. I'm not sure about scouts, i haven't heard of any roamers so far.

MUP will take in new ppl for members, if u got in-game questions and we can answer them while in-game. but I myself have been playing for 4 months and got 3 tier Xs, but MUP says i'm crazy. maybe I am, but thats becuz i'm bored of grinding.

P.S. those are Stuart tanks on the Murica line, which also leads to the US autoloaders, the AMX line on the frenchies are scouts, the Pz38nA is a german scout that leads to teh Pz IV, the A-20 which is the russian scout leading to the T-34, the chinese gets the M5A1 Stuart which leads to the type T-34 and splits into 2 branches. then you got the pure scout lines, like the VK2801 line, the chaffee, the WZ, the T71, AMX is also the autoloading line leading to the Batman or Batchat, I call it batman cuz it comes in then runs away just like batman.

meh, if you want more info on which line to take my username is the same as my AS username and only on the NA server.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:02   Link #5058
Gravitas Free Zone

There was a random player encountered earlier this afternoon that was lamenting his Pz38nA's placement in a Tier 8 game. Some encouragement was offered... though I also noted that I had played my 38nA in as many games as the other player had played in total.

Then I said "Never gonna give you up..."
Old 2013-04-13, 18:27   Link #5059
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Let's see if I can do as well when I get home from work. I just need the turret on the IS-3 and the final 100mm gun to unlock for the T-44, and I'm ready to take them for a spin. However, this means that I'll have to get rid of at least 2 tanks, but I want to keep at least 1 tier 7 medium so... I have three overall, and they have different specializations of course: the Comet, the T-43, and the Panther.

I liked all of them (the T-43 was a HUGE surprise), but take note my performance on all three depended on a veteran crew (who've been around since tier 1) as much as my own reflexes. So, I'm wondering which to keep as a general-purpose medium 7.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:30   Link #5060
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Then you really haven't played against good derp players then cuz I always do some dmg wit derp to ATs before dying if I don't survive.
Yeah that must be it.......

Just researched the Black Prince but I'm a bit hesitant about actually buying it as stat wise it doesn't look to be any better than the churchill VII with the only notable improvement being a slightly better final gun.

Also researched the comet recently too but its a similar story with it.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks