AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-07-31, 09:53   Link #41
Pen3

Funny how 3/4 of the spoilers posted here is not confirmed or all rumors.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 05:01   Link #42
rulfo

Just how relevant is Oreki's sister in the story?

I'm kinda finding something weird when Chitanda said that she looks familiar(Oreki's sister) and that it's like she saw her before.

I'm hoping it's not just because she resembles Oreki a little bit.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-08-06 at 06:43.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 14:07   Link #43
Marina2

Ok,........ so, can someone just tell me who's the culprit in the curent arc of anime.

I heard that we already seen the culprit in previous eps. right? Just tell me which one is enough. No need to explain.
Old 2012-08-07, 18:41   Link #44
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Just how relevant is Oreki's sister in the story?
she is the game master of the series, she seems to know all, and she is the one who push Houtaro onto certain path or leaving crucial clues, and you get the feeling it is not an coincidence that happen.

just like in ep.16 it seems that she
1. knew in advance that there is a thief going on in the festival, and knew it had something to do with the dojin, otherwise there is no explanation for her bringing a dojin from last year to this year's festival,

2. figure out the whole thing just after seeing the poster,

someone else mentioned it, she seems to be like the combination of a (Houtaro+Satoshi)X10, and you get the feeling even if Houtaro does not have the mirror, she would have think of some way of leaving the dojin to Houtaro in some other pretense.

Quote:
I'm kinda finding something weird when Chitanda said that she looks familiar(Oreki's sister) and that it's like she saw her before.

I'm hoping it's not just because she resembles Oreki a little bit.
I think that is it, remember Chitanda has good memory, if she had seen her somewhere she would have remember, in ep16 there is a capture which shows her face from eyes down, and there is also an imaginary drawing floating on the net,
Old 2012-08-09, 05:53   Link #45
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
@Hata
thanks for your answer.
so i'm guessing we'll maybe get a season 2 if there is more source material?
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 16:52   Link #46
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
so i'm guessing we'll maybe get a season 2 if there is more source material?
we are in season 2 now, (ep 12-21).

my GUESS is, after season 2 finish with book 4, we have one long story (book 5) and one short story (the one that just got published) left for the whole series. good for may be 6+ TV episodes, certainly not long enough for a 11-13 episodes TV season.

but it would be long enough for a movie and an OVA?
Old 2012-08-09, 18:45   Link #47
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
we are in season 2 now, (ep 12-21).

my GUESS is, after season 2 finish with book 4, we have one long story (book 5) and one short story (the one that just got published) left for the whole series. good for may be 6+ TV episodes, certainly not long enough for a 11-13 episodes TV season.

but it would be long enough for a movie and an OVA?
We are in the second cour of the only (maybe first) season of Hyouka. It is a 22 episode season that will cover novels 1-4. It is possible that novel 5 could be turned into a movie, but given that you would have to know the characters to see it, I doubt it would be made by KyoAni.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:01   Link #48
whitecloud

Anybody know from which Story the next episode is from? 18 I mean in the preview it said the mountain is sunny but in vol 4 there is no such chapter....
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 13:05   Link #49
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Anybody know from which Story the next episode is from? 18 I mean in the preview it said the mountain is sunny but in vol 4 there is no such chapter....
From the Spoilers and Speculations thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Adding to my speculation for the remaining episodes, BD/DVD volume 9 (episodes 17/18) comes with a print copy of the previous short story that only ran in Wildness Era, Renpou wa Harete iru ka (Do the Mountains have clear weather?). It may be that they animate that short story in episode 18.
That story will be episode 18 while the remaining four stories in novel 4 appear to end the series.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 01:33   Link #50
whitecloud

Too bad I want to see the approximation distance of the two
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 01:54   Link #51
velderia
Former NEET.

I fell in love with the anime so much I had to buy both the manga and the novel, which usually doesn't happen. But I found it on Kinokuniya and the shipping was like, 6 dollars. omg.

私は本当に勉強します! ( T v T )/
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 10:35   Link #52
rulfo

Quick question. A lot of people have been saying that the implied romance in the anime is mainly on KyoAni's adaptation side and is almost non-existent in the novel.

Is this true?
Old 2012-09-03, 18:01   Link #53
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Quick question. A lot of people have been saying that the implied romance in the anime is mainly on KyoAni's adaptation side and is almost non-existent in the novel.

Is this true?
depend on which romance and whose point of view you are talking about, remember, in the novel most of the time it is from the subjective point of view of one of the 4 people, so lot's of things depend on your interpretation.

eg. Houtaro's reactions to the Empress is much more pronounce in the anime because you can see his face and his action, in the novel, you wouldn't think it bother him that much.
Old 2012-09-03, 20:52   Link #54
rulfo

Quote:
depend on which romance and whose point of view you are talking about, remember, in the novel most of the time it is from the subjective point of view of one of the 4 people, so lot's of things depend on your interpretation.

eg. Houtaro's reactions to the Empress is much more pronounce in the anime because you can see his face and his action, in the novel, you wouldn't think it bother him that much.
Well I never really got any such vibes between Irisu and Oreki except just being somewhat friends at some point.

I'm talking only about the case between Eru and Oreki.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:23   Link #55
Dr. Casey

Why does Mayaka resent Houtarou so much? You mentioned in the episode 20 thread that a recent story from the novels shed some light on this, Hata.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 05:59   Link #56
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Well I never really got any such vibes between Irisu and Oreki except just being somewhat friends at some point.
no, that is not what I meant, I mean the anger and depression Houtaro shown after realized he was used by the Empress. the facial expression, the speech tones (speech which is the same as the book but deliver with much more force visually), the angst of pound the wall, etc. those you can't get easily from reading the novel because the author didn't describe them.

in fact, ep 11.5 only make sense in the anime, because you don't feel the need for Houtaro to recover from reading the novel, which is why during the anime production they ask Honobu Yonezawa to write the short story after the fact to bridge the gap, and it was nicely done I might add.

Quote:
I'm talking only about the case between Eru and Oreki.
again, in the novel you only got to read each individual's subjective point of view, so in the case of Eru and Houtaro, two slow characters who can not identify their feeling clearly, it is up to each reader to have their own interpretation, since things like blush, closeness, the tone of speech, etc, most of the time are not described in the novel.

one thing about the anime? the Eru cos photo that Houtaro seen during the festival is totally an anime touch, there is no such story device in the novel. the other is the ED2, which put the anime production's impression on the whole show better than anything I can come out with, it is quite obvious who is doing the chasing and who is being chased.

(OP2 and ED2 are quite awesome, the more you understand Hyouka you more you appreciate them.)

but IMO, for Eru to invite Hotaru to pay respect to her uncle, to come to new year temple praying with her simply because she wants to show off her kimono, and to come to XXXXXX with her for episode 22, all these after knowing him for only less than a year? it is not something a high school girl would invite a high school boy to do unless she has a good impression of him. especially since Eru is from a famous local family that stress reputation, my personal opinion is while their relationship is not as advance as
Spoiler:
, but that is only because of the obtuse slowness of the two involved, since Honobu Yonezawa said he will continue the Hyouka timeline beyond high school, there is really no rush for a definite conclusion on that front, at least, it is not likely the anime will reach a satisfying point for people demand result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Why does Mayaka resent Houtarou so much? You mentioned in the episode 20 thread that a recent story from the novels shed some light on this, Hata.
the last time I post something it was deleted by mod, so here is a very abbreviated one.
Spoiler:

for a more detail none puzzle solving spoiler, you can read the author's blog on promo blurb for the short story "鏡には映らない", for spoiler, just google, they are out there.
Old 2012-09-04, 06:46   Link #57
rulfo

Quote:
but IMO, for Eru to invite Hotaru to pay respect to her uncle, to come to new year temple praying with her simply because she wants to show off her kimono, and to come to XXXXXX with her for episode 22, all these after knowing him for only less than a year? it is not something a high school girl would invite a high school boy to do unless she has a good impression of him. especially since Eru is from a famous local family that stress reputation, my personal opinion is while their relationship is not as advance as
Spoiler:
, but that is only because of the obtuse slowness of the two involved, since Honobu Yonezawa said he will continue the Hyouka timeline beyond high school, there is really no rush for a definite conclusion on that front, at least, it is not likely the anime will reach a satisfying point for people demand result.
Oh I see. I haven't read anything past the 2nd book(since that was the only translated volume available). I guess this is what KyoAni is giving to the fans as fanservice for sticking around. Sad to know that most likely we won't be seeing any anime adaptation for a long time. At least IMO this has a higher chance of seeing a sequel than the likes of FMP for the reason the latter is a collab between two studios. I'm really glad to know that Yonezawa is making this story go that far. I'm expecting some major event to take place in order to break the high school timeline. Otherwise I'd imagine it'd be quite stretched out.

Quote:

Spoiler:
Wow. I thought their relationship was just something in the lines of friends teasing each other.

I really should start learning how to read Japanese. I'm really eager to read the latest novel. Thanks for the info. That really sparked my curiosity.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:05   Link #58
rulfo

I got a question

Spoiler for Regarding her uncle's grave:

In volume 1 Chitanda mentioned it. But in the anime they didn't.
Old 2012-09-15, 20:04   Link #59
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Spoiler for Regarding her uncle's grave:

In volume 1 Chitanda mentioned it. But in the anime they didn't.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hata; 2012-09-17 at 01:24. Reason: correctness
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 22:02   Link #60
rulfo

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: