AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 18:03   Link #1
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

How to make your Speaker and Headset works independently

Hello, it's me again. So, in light of recent developments, I've been warming up to my 7 partition because I can't find the damned old XP disc. Must've lost it somewhere when moving those years ago

And so, I only recently noticed this when I was putting my headphones on, and I can't hear anything from it. My XP partition used to be able to run both speakers and headphones independently (the headphone's jacked in front while the speakers' are on the back), so when I want to use my headphones, I just turn the dial on my speaker all the way down and put on the headset. I don't have to jack on and off things, very and simple practical (when playing galge for example ).

I'm not really sure how and why my XP could do that, so I'm wondering how I can adjust the settings so my 7 could do this as well (or why it isn't doing that in the first place)
Old 2012-11-25, 20:37   Link #2
sa547
*Author

Usually for this setup to work to provide independent audio streams, a separate PCI sound card is installed in addition to the onboard audio found on the motherboard.

But reading the post, I do know that you can configure the sound card software (in my case, it's a VIA HD audio chipset) to allow simultaneous use of audio output from both speakers (from the rear) and headphones (in front of the case), and turn off the speakers to use only the headphones.
Old 2012-11-25, 20:51   Link #3
spikexp

Good (by that, read not-horrible) audio chipset should offer the option in their control panel.

Tell us what is your motherboard OR/AND soundcard so that we can be more precise.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 21:29   Link #4
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

MoBo: MSI 790FX GD70.
To my knowledge, there isn't any additional soundcard installed other than the one onboard (my uncle assembled this. is there a way to check?).
Old 2012-11-26, 00:50   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Normally, and I use this on 7, you have an audio and mic jack in also on the front.
So you get boxes int he back and headset in the front. Then go to the control panel page for sound, where you should be able to view both int he list when they're plugged in and set the headset as default.
Additionally with the volume mixer (speaker symbol in the lower right corner) you can set things to play separate such as sound in boxes but teamspeak in headset. A lot of programs have this in their options menu as well, I know skype and foobar allow you to pick which one you want as sound output.
I have a headset that works through usb, not sure if the above works for your computer, it should if you have both a back and front jack in which about every case has.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 01:49   Link #6
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Normally, and I use this on 7, you have an audio and mic jack in also on the front.
So you get boxes int he back and headset in the front. Then go to the control panel page for sound, where you should be able to view both int he list when they're plugged in and set the headset as default.
Additionally with the volume mixer (speaker symbol in the lower right corner) you can set things to play separate such as sound in boxes but teamspeak in headset. A lot of programs have this in their options menu as well, I know skype and foobar allow you to pick which one you want as sound output.
The sound dialog box in control panel list Headphones as one device, but it says it's not plugged in when I clearly have plugged it in (in the front). When I plug off my speakers in the back and plug in my headphone there, the headphone works, but is listed as Speakers.

On the other hand, when I plug my Speakers in front, it also doesn't work. I'm starting to think I'll have to download some kind of controller software for this to work, only I'm not sure which one...

Damn it, I think it's getting back to me, I did have a special audio software tray, but I can't remember what it was. Realtek? VIA?

Update: OK, I can get the headphone to work in the frontjack after I installed Realtek HD Audio. Now only to figure out how to make both of them work in tandem...

Oh wait, the system tray allows you to switch which device is currently active! Basically the same as turning the dial in my Speakers only done through software instead. Not exactly "at the same time", but it serves the same purpose. OK then, problem solved I guess!

Surprising Update: "Mute the rear output device when a front headphone plugged in" and "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously". The former option actually made BOTH devices working simultaneously. Weird :/

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2012-11-26 at 05:16.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:36   Link #7
spikexp

Yup, you found the realtek audio panel.
In advance option, you have 2 set of 2 choice.
1- second choice
2- first choice
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote