AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 31 34.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-16, 12:41   Link #81
typhonsentra

My favorite scene is probably the one where they go to the store to pick out swimsuits. The way she picked the kiddy swimsuit for taiga, so catty.
Old 2008-11-16, 12:42   Link #82
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
...I was also reminded of Hagu. And, you know, any reminder of Honey & Clover is certainly not a bad thing. I wouldn't quite say this show stands head and shoulders with it, but the way this show carries itself and invests in its characters, I certainly wouldn't say that an indirect comparison puts Toradora to shame.
When I started watching this series, Honey & Clover was the furthest thing from my mind. But now I think the comparison is not ridiculous. This is no H&C, but at least it shares something with it, and that is definitely a good thing. This is a "harem" show (sort of) with depth.

Ami is interesting and fun, but Taiga is the heart of this show, for me. Her reaction to the reinsertion of the pad was pretty amazing. That's something you would only let a brother (maybe) -- or a lover -- do. She was completely shattered by the experience, even to the point of almost revealing it, but seemed to recover.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-11-16, 18:45   Link #83
SkoolRumble4Ya

I never knew Ryuji could do techniques like that . Thank goodness he did it because Taiga might be crying if she were to get expose like that because Kitamura is there.
Old 2008-11-17, 05:44   Link #84
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

He should sew them onto her bra or something (but i don't even knows/remembers if they wear bra underneath high school swimsuit). but if not, how did he sew into such believable shape then?

Oh well, it's not my concern really :P
Old 2008-11-17, 05:58   Link #85
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
He should sew them onto her bra or something (but i don't even knows/remembers if they wear bra underneath high school swimsuit). but if not, how did he sew into such believable shape then?

Oh well, it's not my concern really :P
The last time I looked, swimsuits either have built-in wire supports or just go bra-less, for the same reason a guy won't go swimming with a jock strap on - it'll get wet, won't dry quickly, and it'll chafe. As for Ryuuji being able to sew the pads into the proper shape, I will only point to his mother and suggest that given he's spent his whole life around great cleavage that he probably knows how they should be formed. Especially when Ya-chan spends most of her off-duty (and on-duty) time dressed in a way which flaunts it.
Old 2008-11-17, 06:20   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am guessing that you are all guys here and have never held or seen a girl's swimsuit in your entire life.

In a girl's swimsuit at the chest area, there are compartments, or pockets, for pads, which are to prevent a girl from showing her nipples in the swimming pool and turning all the spastic horny retarded old men on, and for cushioning the breasts to prevent chaffing and abrasions from the tight swimsuit.

Since Taiga is flat as an airfield (board, pancake, whatever), the swimsuit doesn't exactly fit tightly on her, and thus the pads do not press against her body securely. Plus she is struggling so hard in the pool, not a wonder that the pads fall out.
Old 2008-11-17, 07:49   Link #87
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

The ending was hilarious, but I know, I'm a person that rates generously for the "wow" bits.
Old 2008-11-17, 07:50   Link #88
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually Ami is probably the least complex as compared to Taiga and Minori, considering that fact that she is just as insecure as the other girls, only a wholly much more as she has to put on a mask most of the time in front of other people.

People don't hide behind a mask for nothing. Those who do are usually in fear of something.
I have to disagree with you as her being insecure doesn't tell me anything about her feeling for lets say Ryuuji. It is actually very complex and can interpretative in many ways, much more complex than lets say Taiga's.

Minori can be a rather deep character herself if played and explained well but Ami still takes the largest piece of cake showing how hard to understand she really is. In both animes and novels she is very hard to and her lines can be interpreted variously.
Old 2008-11-17, 13:04   Link #89
Jaden

Another crazy episode, I can't get over how much drama and comedy this anime draws from things. I mean it's just a pool day! You're high schoolers, just skip that shite if you don't like it. But noo let's have op. faketits. XD The homeroom teacher cracks me up equally much. Gotta 9/10 this.
Old 2008-11-17, 18:53   Link #90
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

It was indeed bizarre that Ryuu had neither noticed that Taiga was flatchested nor realised that girls worry about their breast size. I'm beginning to think all the men in this series are gay! (And I mean that in a good way, to quote ABe.) OTOH it was not at all surprising that Minori noticed Taiga's "development" instantly, since they're know each other well.

As for the opening, I wondered it perhaps Taiga was thinking about her Ryuu x Minori responsibilities and didn't want Minori to see Ryuu with Ami in case it damaged his chances still further.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-17, 21:12   Link #91
ultranova11

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am guessing that you are all guys here and have never held or seen a girl's swimsuit in your entire life.

In a girl's swimsuit at the chest area, there are compartments, or pockets, for pads, which are to prevent a girl from showing her nipples in the swimming pool and turning all the spastic horny retarded old men on, and for cushioning the breasts to prevent chaffing and abrasions from the tight swimsuit.

Since Taiga is flat as an airfield (board, pancake, whatever), the swimsuit doesn't exactly fit tightly on her, and thus the pads do not press against her body securely. Plus she is struggling so hard in the pool, not a wonder that the pads fall out.
Lol I blieve your right when you say most of us are guys (i am too) I only knew that cause i have to buy things for my cousin lol I like your second para graph describing Taiga lol
But anyway my question is how often do these episodes get released once every week or so, and also what day are they released on in that week (monday, friday)?
Old 2008-11-17, 21:14   Link #92
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The absolute most adorable moment:

And aside from the main cast, my love for side characters has shown itself again!

I think she is way better looking than Ami/Minori/Taiga or anyone else. Did I mention that Sumire is quite hot too?

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2008-11-17 at 21:30.
Old 2008-11-17, 21:14   Link #93
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Japan airs it on Thursday morning, fansubs come as fast as 24-36 hours.
Old 2008-11-17, 22:31   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
As for the opening, I wondered it perhaps Taiga was thinking about her Ryuu x Minori responsibilities and didn't want Minori to see Ryuu with Ami in case it damaged his chances still further.
At least as far as the anime goes, that's *exactly* how Taiga played it: she was protecting Ryuuji's chances with Minorin. But that's also a layer.... there were clearly a few bubbles of jealousy (given her moping comments about it being "none of her concern" later).

The funny thing is just how *wrong* Ami is reading things (not realizing Ryuuji and Taiga are focused on other people) yet getting it "right" anyway...

Yeah, Ryuuji was a dumb as mud for an instant there with his "girls really care that much?" ... but then I've lost count of the number of males who really seem to be just that stupid about females. Lets see..... "YOU GUYS" (pointing at the societal group) make such a huge deal about them and then are shocked when they end up being such a vital piece of an individual girl's self-esteem?
Old 2008-11-18, 08:37   Link #95
typhonsentra

Ryuuji is the same as Taiga. There are hints as to how he really feels about her but he keeps pushing them aside and/or ignoring them even when directly confronted by Ami.
Old 2008-11-18, 12:51   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Ryuuji is the same as Taiga. There are hints as to how he really feels about her but he keeps pushing them aside and/or ignoring them even when directly confronted by Ami.
Exactly and to me this is what makes watching it so much fun. Watching their development has bee most enjoyable. The fact is neither one of them really have a clue what they feel for the other since they are both so focused on the people who they happen to be in love with. But Ryu's behavior toward Taiga shows a lot if shes in trouble he feels the need to help her, make her food, clean and do her laundry and also, cheer her up when shes down. Granted we can say friendship is part of all this but at one point does one do all these things out of friendship or because we feel a deeper connection with that person. The more time Taiga and Ryu spend together the more it becomes obvious to everyone but them lol.
Old 2008-11-18, 19:21   Link #97
destiny4everlove

Episode 7

-I wonder what would have happened if Taiga had not interrupted Ami and Ryuuji. Maybe Ami would have taken advantage of our innocent Ryuuji.

-“Thanks for you work, being in heat so early in the morning”, lol! Taiga is just awesome!

-Just how strong Minori really is and how light Taiga is.

-So Ryuuji now knows another one of Taiga’s hidden secrets! I love how comfortable Taiga is around Ryuuji.

-Ryuuji making bra pads for Taiga was so sweet!! I love Ryuuji so much!!

-“I’ll definitely bring it along when I get married” hahaha Taiga is so much win!!

-Ami has a great body, there is no doubt about it.

-Taiga looked like Minnie mouse with that hairstyle.

-Ryuuji “protecting” Taiga’s secret (about the bra pads) and honor was priceless!! Great quick thinking Ryuuji!

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2008-11-18, 22:01   Link #98
typhonsentra

So I'm guessing the "Put up the Ep discussion thread early" experiment didn't work out?
Old 2008-11-19, 12:36   Link #99
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Just finished 1-7 tonight, this is a really fun anime.

I think Taiga should have just been honest to Yusaku about her chest size.
She have to wear those pads each time they have swimming class now.
Old 2008-11-19, 14:22   Link #100
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I was really afraid that Inko-chan had kicked the bucket there for a moment....

Taiga's become very endearing. I keep hoping that things will work out for her. I still like it best when she's kicking someone's ass though.

I thought the end of episode 6 was a sign that Ami was going to be more honest? Now that she's back at school it seems that absolutely nothing's changed. In fact, I found her more deplorable in this episode than I had in the previous ones. Now it looks like she's just switching to her fake personality to be a bitch, and for no other reason.

Ryuuji's also becoming increasingly endearing. What a great guy. He really does seem to be Taiga's bitch right now (sewing fake boobs for her?), but that's also pretty sweet.

All in all I liked this episode, I'm still loving all of the characters' chemistries. I just sorta wish that Ami would remove the stick from her backside.
Closed Thread