AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-12, 19:18   Link #361
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So what does everyone think the new mechs for the Order will be equipped with? Or will it probably be the same as the Gekka except they'll be able to fly?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:28   Link #362
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
So far there's no reason to not simply just call the Akatsuki an optimized Gekka with float systems.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:29   Link #363
KrimzonStriker

I would at least expect some improvements, especially for the customized versions for Todoue, Asahina, and Chiba's customized versions at least, especially since Todoue wanted his on par with the Lancelot <_<
Old 2008-05-12, 19:31   Link #364
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
So far there's no reason to not simply just call the Akatsuki an optimized Gekka with float systems.
Something like what Lancelot Conquista is?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:32   Link #365
Knives122
Throat slitting good

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I would at least expect some improvements, especially for the customized versions for Todoue, Asahina, and Chiba's customized versions at least, especially since Todoue wanted his on par with the Lancelot <_<
When did he say that? (probably way back when)
Knives122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:33   Link #366
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
He's got like a 360 degree MVS shield surrounding him and a Hadron blaster addition for the Varis plus greater energy output all around. I could only hope they get something like the Lancelot Conquista >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives122 View Post
When did he say that? (probably way back when)
It's part of the translation I read for Todoue's Zangetsu profile on the website if I recall. Any reason he shouldn't ask for such a thing?
Old 2008-05-12, 19:35   Link #367
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Hopefully eh?

I'm hoping that there's some actual bite to the Akatsuki Shikisan unit. Elite units like that need something more than just better overall stats.

And then of course there's Zangetsu, for which I'm 26% sure that there is a Bankai configuration included with Todo's new ability to fire Getsuga Tenshou from his zanpakutou.

Quote:
Conquista has more than just that of course. There's the whole VARIS attaching to the drive to power up into a hadron cannon shot, and that Coalminas Cone thingy.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:35   Link #368
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
He's got like a 360 degree MVS shield surrounding him and a Hadron blaster addition for the Varis plus greater energy output all around. I could only hope they get something like the Lancelot Conquista >_>
The MVS Shield is a standard for Conquista. However, the Hadron Blaster is in the form of a backpack, meaning it's detachable.

Guren has been given a new arm (Armor-piercing Bombardment-type Fukushahadō), which by itself is enough of a weapon to stand by itself.
Old 2008-05-12, 19:38   Link #369
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
What sort of improvement could they really have though? Would they be faster or be equipped with better weapons or something?

Toudou's doesn't look all that different except for the float system.

Quote:
I wouldn't expect them to all be packing things like that, but something would be good.

And was the beam Kallen fired a Hadron blast? Does this mean that for whatever reason they changed the color of the beams? I noticed it earlier in the opening with Mordred, but I attributed that to it being a concentrated blast of four.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-12, 19:39   Link #370
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And was the beam Kallen fired a Hadron blast? Does this mean that for whatever reason they changed the color of the beams?
No, it's an alternative form of radiation. Aside from the original close range blast, the new arm is also capable of producing an actual massive barrier to shield itself, firing a long-range, radiation wave out of its palm, or a spread-ranged, medium distance radiation that could immobilize units .
Old 2008-05-12, 19:40   Link #371
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
The MVS Shield is a standard for Conquista. However, the Hadron Blaster is in the form of a backpack, meaning it's detachable.

Guren has been given a new arm (Armor-piercing Bombardment-type Fukushahadō), which by itself is enough of a weapon to stand by itself.
I believe the float system back-pack has become a permanent addition for the Lancelot Conquista now thanks to the expansion of its energy matrix so Hadron Blaster away I guess <_<

Yeah yeah, well, I'm just reading the translations for the Guren though. I don't expect a customized hand-gun to make that much of a difference... can it?

In any event we were talking about the Akatsuki in this case
Old 2008-05-12, 19:43   Link #372
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
No, it's an alternative form of radiation. Aside from the original close range blast, the new arm is also capable of producing an actual massive barrier to shield itself, firing a long-range, radiation wave out of its palm, or a spread-ranged, medium distance radiation that could immobilize units .
I knew about the expanded blast, but I wasn't sure if the beam was radiation or Lakashata somehow implementing the Hadron Cannons into the arm. I suppose the principle behind it may be the same.

Old 2008-05-12, 19:43   Link #373
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
I believe the float system back-pack has become a permanent addition for the Lancelot Conquista now thanks to the expansion of its energy matrix so Hadron Blaster away I guess <_<
The thing about the "expansion" of the energy matrix is that it only allows the power to fly around, and resist the Gefjun Disturber. The Hadron Blaster itself has to be attached seperately to be used.
Old 2008-05-12, 19:44   Link #374
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, I believe the main site made the cannon attachment optional. We also saw that he didn't have it in the earlier episodes.

Old 2008-05-12, 19:47   Link #375
KrimzonStriker

Hmm well, I don't see why he would leave home without it in any case. And if I recall correctly, I believe Suzaku mentioned himself that his new drive gives him far more power then it used to, which is why he was a bit surprised at the force Kallen's radiation wave was hitting him with, even though his shields managed to block it any way <_<
Old 2008-05-12, 19:52   Link #376
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

True, the attachment seems quite useful and didn't seem to be causing Suzaku any problems so he might have it on from now on, though I'd wonder if it might decrease manuverability somewhat.

Old 2008-05-12, 19:54   Link #377
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
True, the attachment seems quite useful and didn't seem to be causing Suzaku any problems so he might have it on from now on, though I'd wonder if it might decrease manuverability somewhat.
Why's that? He seemed fine for the most part, and he can put it away if he doesn't need it
Old 2008-05-12, 20:00   Link #378
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I wasn't sure if it did. I just saw it as a potential reason he wouldn't always be wearing it, but it's true it didn't seem to be a problem.

Old 2008-05-12, 20:15   Link #379
Aquaman OS

Suzaku changed equipment frequently is season 1 so I don't think he'll always have the blaster attached. It's a seperate piece than the float unit so it could always get knocked off as well. In fact the whole float unit is an add on while Guren's new one seems built in so advantage for Kallen I guess.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:16   Link #380
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Actually, I recall it being said that the Float Unit was now a permanent part of the Lancelot rather than an add on.

Tags
mecha