AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 11:13   Link #3181
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Most of it talked about how it was like Code Geass and all that, so you're probably in the clear lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 12:08   Link #3182
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Anyone else thinking that this anime is similar to NGE in many ways? The most important similarity being the main character. But there's many other similarities: surrounded by strong girls, living in a postapocaliptic world that despite that is kinda normal (he has a home, goes to school, etc.), bat has to face the real apocalipse just now, and of course it's clear that his decisions will shape the future of all humans in the end. Sure there are many differences too, but despite that i had think it's a modernized NGE-like story. By modernized i mean it has some good and some bad traits of modern animes that NGE didn't have, or it had less of it. For example all that fanservice

(i didn't read back all the 160 pages, so maybe someone else already mentioned this similarity)
From what I remember Eva give some inspiration(see plugsuits), but that's all.
Cry baby, postapocaliptic world, strong girls etc. - is not rear. That's shounen for you.

GC is pretty low level anime anyway - too many clichés.
Old 2011-12-30, 21:49   Link #3183
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

enjoyed this show so far (finally I can catch up too)
too bad that this anime is a short one

Inori and Shu's development is good but the most GAR character in this anime obviously is Gai

the idea about Apocalypse virus and Lost Christmas is very good as well.... Genetic resonance virus... woot!!! I thought it's a hearing-borne virus.... lol

I just hope they release the next episode sooner
they should make this anime become 13 episode because we still don't have a clear idea about Mana, Gai, and Shu's past... please don't end everything in next episode...
(don't know what to say anymore)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 22:44   Link #3184
dark998

^ Fortunately Guilty Crown got 22 episodes, so we get to enjoy 11 more of its fantastic story, characters, animation and music.

And just noticed the sticky got updated so Episode 12 is airing on January 12th after all. Less than two weeks from now.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 21:10   Link #3185
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
^ Fortunately Guilty Crown got 22 episodes, so we get to enjoy 11 more of its fantastic story, characters, animation and music.

And just noticed the sticky got updated so Episode 12 is airing on January 12th after all. Less than two weeks from now.
this is great news for me since my friend informed me earlier that episode 11 is the last... now they extended it to 12 episodes.... and now 22 episodes??? great!
although ep 11 looks like near with conclusion
will this series extended until Japan become a free country??
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 02:19   Link #3186
higoku1

NEWS IS OUT

Mana's full name is Ouma Mana, it is on the promotional image here.
NOW I am really interested in the intricate relationships between Gai, Shu, Inori, and Mana. Hopefully ep12 will shed some light to the answer we are all dying for.
higoku1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 04:28   Link #3187
tsunade666

So this confirms that Mana is Shu's sister? how many years has past since Haruka married. I remember she got pregnant at 17? or marries at 17? on her professor. But if Mana is the older sister then how old is Haruka? or is that professor which Haruka married a sane person and not an insane one because looking at how Mana ended up with. I'm thinking bad or human experimentation here.
Old 2012-01-08, 04:47   Link #3188
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So this confirms that Mana is Shu's sister? how many years has past since Haruka married. I remember she got pregnant at 17? or marries at 17? on her professor. But if Mana is the older sister then how old is Haruka? or is that professor which Haruka married a sane person and not an insane one because looking at how Mana ended up with. I'm thinking bad or human experimentation here.
I don't think she is his biological sister but that one of them it's adopted or is from another marriage. I don't think that the authors want to go on incest route. . especially after all the imagine and scenes in the anime. which has show us Shu x Inori.In any case, about the image .. I repeat what I said about the other .. but it'sme, or Shu seems to be more determinate/strong willing? While Gai seems to lose it more and more?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:46   Link #3189
tsunade666

why would it turn into incest if Inori and Mana are 2 different girls. It maybe right that Mana is connected to Inori but still Inori and Mana are 2 different girls.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:48   Link #3190
Soji

^If inori is a clone or something like that. but you're right.
Old 2012-01-08, 11:10   Link #3191
higoku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I don't think she is his biological sister but that one of them it's adopted or is from another marriage. I don't think that the authors want to go on incest route. . especially after all the imagine and scenes in the anime. which has show us Shu x Inori.In any case, about the image .. I repeat what I said about the other .. but it'sme, or Shu seems to be more determinate/strong willing? While Gai seems to lose it more and more?
I agree, although I would like to believe more that Mana was adopted by the Oumas instead from another marriage (which was also highly possible). I know that we all know that the Japanese have a thing about incest routs; I can be horribly wrong, but I don't think that Guilty Crown will have incest elements in it. The reason I think that's the case is because remember that Gai commented in ep10 that Inori en the end chose Shu over him, just like Mana, perhaps hinting that the feelings that Mana felt for Shu back then was romantic instead of brother-sisterly love.

That's just all my speculation. If I'm wrong and that Mana was biologically related to Shu, well, can't say that we are going to be surprised at all.
higoku1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:53   Link #3192
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by higoku1 View Post
I agree, although I would like to believe more that Mana was adopted by the Oumas instead from another marriage (which was also highly possible). I know that we all know that the Japanese have a thing about incest routs; I can be horribly wrong, but I don't think that Guilty Crown will have incest elements in it. The reason I think that's the case is because remember that Gai commented in ep10 that Inori en the end chose Shu over him, just like Mana, perhaps hinting that the feelings that Mana felt for Shu back then was romantic instead of brother-sisterly love.

That's just all my speculation. If I'm wrong and that Mana was biologically related to Shu, well, can't say that we are going to be surprised at all.
I think between what Gai said in episode 10 (that you've mentioned) and the various flashbacks (as short they was), we can assume that Mana had / has romantic feelings towards Shu .In addition we have the short interaction that they have during the episode 6( if I remember correctly), when Shu used that void to destroy the satellites.In any case we probably know the answer in this week's episode, since it seems to be focused on the past and Mana feelings (I say seems,beacuse some one have translated the phrase that Shu says during the old trailer of ep 12).But I have a feeling that Shu had the same feelings toward Mana which would explain why he feels so strongly towards Inori. I just hope that will Shu the one to remember the events of lost Christmas and about Mana (because it would be interesting to see how he will behave from that moment onwards).

Last edited by Soji; 2012-01-08 at 15:18.
Old 2012-01-09, 02:23   Link #3193
dark998

My wild speculation is that Mana is the daughter of one of Kurosu's friends. He and his wife suffer an accident and in his deathbed he asks Kurosu to take care of Mana. He accepts, gives her the Ouma family name and takes her to his house where she mets Haruka, Shu and eventually Gai. And the wheels of fate begin to turn...
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 04:24   Link #3194
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
My wild speculation is that Mana is the daughter of one of Kurosu's friends. He and his wife suffer an accident and in his deathbed he asks Kurosu to take care of Mana. He accepts, gives her the Ouma family name and takes her to his house where she mets Haruka, Shu and eventually Gai. And the wheels of fate begin to turn...
I like your theory. Mana might as well have been adopted by the Oumas .. Hell, even Shu might have been just an adopted son.. seeing as it's hard to believe his mother is as young as Haruka..

I'm still going for the theory that both Shu and Mana are experiments raised by a friend of KUrosu. that friend dies after an accident and Kuroso takes responsibility taking care of the kids and raise them as his own.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 09:15   Link #3195
Soji

^It would not surprise me if this is the case.Plus,this would explain why Shu calls Aruka by her name and not mother.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:01   Link #3196
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^It would not surprise me if this is the case.Plus,this would explain why Shu calls Aruka by her name and not mother.
either than or we get ala The Ring where the boy calls his mother by her name "Rachel" .. ugh, that was creepy as hell
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 00:34   Link #3197
djmaca
My Girl ↓

It could have been that Shu and Mana are testube babies, for genetic testing of the Void genome. They were created using Haruka and Shu's dad's genes. Then something went wrong and Mana went haywire, resulting to Lost Christmas.

The reason Haruka keeps Shu away from the Void Genome is that there is a high possibility that Shu would go wrong too.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 11:24   Link #3198
Astraios

Episode 12 answered some questions. However some things remain unanswered. Since the episode is aired, I suppose I don't have to put a spoiler tag, right?
I'm wondering why Mana's personality changed. Should we assume that the virus alters the personalty of the infected person, or is the virus something like a microorganism that takes over and has a conscience of its own?
Also, if we assume that the virus ages the infected people (or screw up their metabolism) that would explain why Gai looks too old for 17 years old.
Perhaps Haruka is (or was) infected too, because in an earlier episode, in a photo of Shu, Mana and her together, she didn't seem to be old enough to be his mother. I'm suspecting Haruka might be his older sister but acted as his mother for Shu's sake, until his memory returns.

Unfortunately this anime does not have a light novel (correct me if I'm wrong) so I suppose we can't read what will happen next.
Astraios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 19:28   Link #3199
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Why not, she was mutating throughout her entire body so I'd say it's safe to assume that her mind would be warped as well...
Old 2012-01-14, 20:29   Link #3200
Astraios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Why not, she was mutating throughout her entire body so I'd say it's safe to assume that her mind would be warped as well...
I can understand that the virus caused mutation, but I don't see how Mana went from being a good sister to "Let's have sex, make babies and create a new race".
It's not like her character changed a bit or made her incoherent. When she became infected, she had completely different goals than before. She had a completely different way of thought (which remained logical, it wasn't incoherent).
That's why I was thinking that the virus might be some kind of microorganism that has an intelligence/consciousness of its own. Perhaps when someone becomes infected, the virus/microorganism takes over and the infected person is nothing more than a puppet.

Perhaps the virus/microorganism was sent to earth by some aliens and it's just doing what the aliens programmed it to. Kill or mutate normal humans and create a new race.
Astraios is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig