AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-28, 10:43   Link #61
Question
Crossdresser

Actually i read that he was her master, but not necessarilly medium, maybe he just wound them up but didnt make the contract. He doesnt seem to have the ring(although it could be argued that this was simply not shown), and i cant see an old man having the strain of supplying a doll with power...even tomoe/jun had problems with it at the start. Also Souisei Seki seems really weak in the anime...she doesnt seem as strong as the dolls who had mediums.
Old 2007-02-28, 11:36   Link #62
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Actually i read that he was her master, but not necessarilly medium, maybe he just wound them up but didnt make the contract. He doesnt seem to have the ring(although it could be argued that this was simply not shown), and i cant see an old man having the strain of supplying a doll with power...even tomoe/jun had problems with it at the start. Also Souisei Seki seems really weak in the anime...she doesnt seem as strong as the dolls who had mediums.
I think you're just mincing words here, and looking to see something. It's quite clear that he is indeed her medium, and a point is made that Suiseseki wouldn't hand over her ring to him as her sister did (she clearly states that her sister is bound by the contract to him). If it's any consolation, the same word is used for Jun's relationship with Shinku to describe her master in the french translation.

As to the anime, I never thought anything contrary to the fact that the old man was her medium. Perhaps it's not expressly stated (I really don't recall, it's been awhile since I've watched it)...but I think the implications are clear enough.

Last edited by klinton; 2007-02-28 at 11:51.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:25   Link #63
thecowninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
I think you're just mincing words here, and looking to see something. It's quite clear that he is indeed her medium, and a point is made that Suiseseki wouldn't hand over her ring to him as her sister did (she clearly states that her sister is bound by the contract to him). If it's any consolation, the same word is used for Jun's relationship with Shinku to describe her master in the french translation.

As to the anime, I never thought anything contrary to the fact that the old man was her medium. Perhaps it's not expressly stated (I really don't recall, it's been awhile since I've watched it)...but I think the implications are clear enough.
Er, hello everybody. I just signed up today. ^^ Anyways, I think the only thing that could contradict that the old man is Suisei's medium is that when the game "officially" starts, Suisei said she wouldn't have Jun be her medium, which is always presented in the manner that it seems she doesn't have one. Another moment is when adorable little Suisei is in a phone booth in the rain, calling people to have "a little sister." I don't remember the actual words, so I don't know what to think on this matter, but some people believe she is looking up all the Sakuradas to find Jun. I thought she was trying to find someone instead of Jun.
Old 2007-03-03, 07:56   Link #64
Question
Crossdresser

In the first episode, when Nori first sees Shinku and askes Jun about it, what does she say exactly?
Old 2007-03-03, 13:36   Link #65
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
In the first episode, when Nori first sees Shinku and askes Jun about it, what does she say exactly?
"That doll just spoke! It's so cute!!!! Could this be what they call a foreign dutch wife?"
Then after Jun gets angry she goes on about how she read that it's perfectly normal for boys his age to be interested in things like what he's doing.
Old 2007-03-11, 12:03   Link #66
Z0Rr0rex

Is Rozen Maiden going to have another OVa or a third seazon anytime soon?
Old 2007-03-11, 12:06   Link #67
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Rr0rex View Post
Is Rozen Maiden going to have another OVa or a third seazon anytime soon?
Unknown. At this point, we know that the Ouverture DVD sales were better than any of the previous RM DVDs, and we know that the story is unfinished. "Soon" is a relative term. If PEACH-PIT is able to continue writing the manga, I'd say next winter would be a good time for a release of the 3rd season.
Old 2007-04-24, 04:18   Link #68
Kaylia

I got many questions about technical aspect (I hope they werent answered before ;x I read the thread but didnt see anything).

1) What determine if they can fly or not? In battle, you see them fly around easily in both dream world, N-field and real world, but in other scene, they forget this ability. I'm talking about scene like the one at the end of the 2nd season, when Kanaria is slowly "climbing" the tree to escape, or when Shinku is stuck on the needle of the clock in Sousei seiki's master's dream world? Same could be said about episode like the one where Hina is trying to mail a letter.

I guess I can understand them not using their power in comedy/daily situation assuming "flying" drain a lot of energy, but it's weird to see them not use it when they are in danger. I supose its just inconsistency, unless I'm missing something.

2)Why did Jun had to make a pact with Shinku? Well, my question is, why Suigin Tou sent the clown to attack him? She indirectly forced Shinku to make a pact with him, than spent 3 episodes at the end of the season trying to get ride of Jun to beat Shinku.

3) What exactly is the purpose of the fairy (forgot how they call it) all 7 Maidens have? Why did Suigin Tou went through the trouble to steal both when they don't seem to have much impact on anything (she could have stolen their Rosa mystica in that scene instead). I assume they act as some sort of power amplifier for shiny special attack, but beside that, I don't understand what they do.

Also, how did Sousei Seiki lose her in episode 8-9?

4) What god should I pray for a 3rd reason, and where should I check for quick news to see if my prayer were answered? Also, is there any new development with the manga, or it's still canceled with no hope to see the rest X_x?

Last edited by Kaylia; 2007-04-24 at 04:32.
Old 2007-04-29, 16:29   Link #69
Kittie Rose

I think they can only fly when the "Alice Game" is active.
Old 2007-04-29, 17:00   Link #70
Kaylia

They fly easily in Jun's dream word (was no Alice game there first time), but in the old man's dream world, they forgot <_>
Old 2007-04-29, 19:38   Link #71
Zife19

Send a message via MSN to Zife19
2. Shinku made a pact with Jun so he could use Jun's power. Rozen Maiden's need mediums. Is how they get their extra power. If Suigintou got rid of Jun Shinku would get weaker.

3 Those fairy things are called Roza Mysticas. THe point of the ALice is game is to collect them. If one Maiden has them all they become ALice. THat's every Maiden's goal.
Old 2007-05-01, 01:04   Link #72
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zife19 View Post
2. Shinku made a pact with Jun so he could use Jun's power. Rozen Maiden's need mediums. Is how they get their extra power. If Suigintou got rid of Jun Shinku would get weaker.

3 Those fairy things are called Roza Mysticas. THe point of the ALice is game is to collect them. If one Maiden has them all they become ALice. THat's every Maiden's goal.

2nd question was more like "Why did Suigin Tou sent the weak clown after Jun in the first episode, forcing them to make a pact?" It make little sense to get ride of him at that time.

The roza mystica is the jewel that come out their chest when they die, not the small fairy thing. In the anime, they say something like "So, this is a Rosa mystica" when Sousei Seiki die, implying they havent seen one yet, or it's something rarer than the "fairies". The rosa mystica also carry the memory/emotion of the doll, while the "fairy" are used only as a weapon/tool
Old 2007-05-01, 01:15   Link #73
Senovit
Murk Loar
*Graphic Designer

About the only one I feel confident in answering is the faerie question. Since Suiseiseki/Souseiseki's faeries allowed them to enter the dream world, Suigintou uses them to move through people's dreams. I also recall that some faeries become the main weapon a doll uses - for instance, Suiseiseki's becomes her watering pot.

No idea why Suigintou would want those rather than their rosa mysticas at that time though you have some good questions x_x
Old 2007-05-01, 06:00   Link #74
Zife19

Send a message via MSN to Zife19
All I can say is, the creators would probably wanted them to have a pact some way or another :P

As for th faries....you see the final episode? Barauishou and SHinku used their powers because they had them. Bara had Souseiseki's and was able to use her scissors as SHinku had Suigintou's giving her wings.
Old 2007-05-01, 07:57   Link #75
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Hmm... Suigintou chose to take Souseiseki's Lempicka because it was part of her grand scheme for annoying/hurting Shinku as well as gaining Rosa Mysticae. It was much easier to blackmail Souseiseki than to defeat her in battle at that point.

As to why Suigintou sent the pierrot after Jun/Shinku, it wasn't really meant to kill Jun or defeat Shinku. It was just Suigintou sending a message to Shinku to say "I'm here, and you're going down." Or something to that effect.

The Rosa Mystica and the dolls' artificial spirits are separate entities, as noted.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:31   Link #76
Hilinar

6778jgtjhg7777787

Last edited by Hilinar; 2010-06-13 at 03:39.
Old 2007-05-01, 21:30   Link #77
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senovit View Post
About the only one I feel confident in answering is the faerie question. Since Suiseiseki/Souseiseki's faeries allowed them to enter the dream world, Suigintou uses them to move through people's dreams. I also recall that some faeries become the main weapon a doll uses - for instance, Suiseiseki's becomes her watering pot.

No idea why Suigintou would want those rather than their rosa mysticas at that time though you have some good questions x_x
That's a good point, I didnt think about that. They do open the path to Jun's sister's dream world in episode 11 , but Hina Hichigo was with them at that time, so I supose she could have done it for the twin.

About the weapon, I thought it was something similar for a while, but you see Sousei Seiki uses her scisor to distract Suigin Tou near the end of episode 11 (they get them back in episode 12 when Suigin Tou is busy with Shinku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zife19
All I can say is, the creators would probably wanted them to have a pact some way or another :P

As for the faries....you see the final episode? Barauishou and SHinku used their powers because they had them. Bara had Souseiseki's and was able to use her scissors as SHinku had Suigintou's giving her wings.
Yeah, I know ;p I love the anime, and dont really care much about those details. I was just curious to see if there was a logical explanation since something felt wrong when you look back at it knowing how thing work. But meh, such detail wont make Rozen maiden fall from my "top 5 anime"XD

The fairies are a part of the Rosa Mystica for sure. When you absorb someone's else rosa mystica, you get their power, their weapon, their memories and their fairies. We also know Suigin Tou got her fairy in the OVA at the same time she get her Rosa Mystica, so it's pretty obvious both are related. That said, it's still hard to pinpoint how much of their power is due to the fairy, medium, and rosa mystica.

Last edited by Kaylia; 2007-05-01 at 21:47.
Old 2007-05-01, 21:33   Link #78
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Hmm... Suigintou chose to take Souseiseki's Lempicka because it was part of her grand scheme for annoying/hurting Shinku as well as gaining Rosa Mysticae. It was much easier to blackmail Souseiseki than to defeat her in battle at that point.

As to why Suigintou sent the pierrot after Jun/Shinku, it wasn't really meant to kill Jun or defeat Shinku. It was just Suigintou sending a message to Shinku to say "I'm here, and you're going down." Or something to that effect.

The Rosa Mystica and the dolls' artificial spirits are separate entities, as noted.
In that case, Shinku is a lying brat since she told Jun his life was in danger, when it's actually the complete opposite. He become a threat the moment he make the pact :P Considering how nerd he is, he probably would have made the pact either way, since those dolls are badass (I know I would!), but it's kinda weird the way it happens. It's also hard to believe Shinku was "powerless" in front of the clown before the pact considering how much those dolls can own without a medium (see: Suigin tou in season 1, Suisei Seikei season 1 and first half of 2).

About the fairy, while it's true her plan was probably to "annoy" them, Sousei Seiki wasn't even fighting at that time. Even if she stole them, she ended up bringing Sousei Seiki against her. They also got their fairy back extremely easily in episode 12 (called their name and they came back). However, as mentioned by someone above, if the fairy is the thing they use to enter the dream world, it could make sense if she tried to disable every other doll. She should have tried to get Hina's one first tho >_>
Old 2007-05-02, 02:19   Link #79
Hilinar

6778jgtjhg7777787

Last edited by Hilinar; 2010-06-13 at 03:38.
Old 2007-05-02, 05:12   Link #80
Kaylia

Didnt know Suigin Tou was cheating in the real world. Is there any explanation why she can do that, or it's just her "stronger" will power/desire to meet the father?
Closed Thread