AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-28, 11:26   Link #2321
Aqua Knight

Ok, do they mean anything in Chinese?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 23:09   Link #2322
ryohei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Ok, do they mean anything in Chinese?
hmm... All Chinese characters have some meaning, so I can read the meanings of them from their chinese character. But I cannot judge the meanings I read are correct or wrong. The person who knows correct answer is the one who knows ancient Chinese history languages, and characters precisely.

Kan means ancient weapon, and shou means general (as military word).
Baku means 'not', and ya means insanity.

These are the MODERN meanings of MODERN characters. From ancient age, shape of character and meaning changed.
ryohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 12:20   Link #2323
halibonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryohei View Post
hmm... All Chinese characters have some meaning, so I can read the meanings of them from their chinese character. But I cannot judge the meanings I read are correct or wrong. The person who knows correct answer is the one who knows ancient Chinese history languages, and characters precisely.

Kan means ancient weapon, and shou means general (as military word).
Baku means 'not', and ya means insanity.

These are the MODERN meanings of MODERN characters. From ancient age, shape of character and meaning changed.
Kanshou and Bakuya are two swordsmiths in the Qin dynasty (might be another dynasty if i remmebered wrong), husband and wife. the emperor asked them to forge a pair of legendary swords, having finished the first sword(made after Kanshou cut off his arm and threw it into the forge, a belief that flesh and blood would strengthen the steel), Kanshou believes that the emperor is too evil to get hold it, so he took it and ran, but was later captured and executed, struck with great sorrow, Bakuya forged the second sword by jumping into the burning steel forge (think this wud be called the virtue of suicide to honor her husband in ancient china, plus the same method her husband used to reinforce the steel), hoping someone would wield this sword, kill the emperor and reunite the couple (the two swords have strong magnetic pull to each other, even shown in fate's visual novel)
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:13   Link #2324
greyhame6

had a quick question:
what exactly is the difference between the regular game and realta nua version? i know there's english voice over & special ending after u get all the stamps & stuff that regular one doesnt have but other than that is there anything different? different storyline is too much to hope for but maybe new/different images?
greyhame6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:34   Link #2325
orangejuicetang

On top of that, I believe that there are additional CGs, which are basically new images, such as this amazingly gar
Spoiler for picture+hf spoiler:
picture. It also censors the H scenes I believe and replaces them with something else, which may be a good or bad thing depending on your taste, but most people would say that's a good thing

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 01:29   Link #2326
kakakka

That pic is simply awesome.

The only H scenes that I think would be weird to take out are HF's. But then, it's not like I know what their Realta Nua equivalents are to say what's better.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 03:45   Link #2327
Aqua Knight

Realta Nua's Rin x Shirou scene looks great. I like Tohsaka's white corset,I wish I could play that scene..
Old 2009-10-08, 05:56   Link #2328
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

lol notice his hand doesn't fit around the handle
Old 2009-10-08, 06:19   Link #2329
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko Khan View Post
lol notice his hand doesn't fit around the handle
Eheh, yeah, what the hell? How is he holding that, with his nails?
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:34   Link #2330
Aqua Knight

Archer's hand look tanner than Shirou?
Where did Archer spend his last days, on sunny beaches?
Old 2009-10-14, 23:23   Link #2331
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

In a desolate warzone and under the fiery forges of his Unlimited blade works?

and Kanshō and Bakuya (干将・莫耶) are famous chinese sword thats was earliest recorded during the Spring and Autumn Period of ancient china. Said to have been made from an fallen star( most likely a meteorite) it was said in the original legend that mortal fires and forge could not melt the metal and the great sword smith Kansho(干将) was at a loss on how to make swords out of the strange metal as his king demanded him and his deadline was coming to an end. His wife Bakuya(莫耶) in her love and deication to her husband threw her own body into the fiery forges using her soul as an offering to the gods to cause the fire to burn with super natural heat. 干将 in his great sadness and anguish finished two blades and named them after his wife and himself and from here on many versions of what happened after that exist. Some say that he only gave one blade to the king and kept the other one and used it to kill himself later on but fate would always reunite the two fated lover swords and in many versions the king met his demise on Kansho and Bakuya. It was probably the dedication the sword smith put into making these master pieces despite the sadness and sorrow which plagued him that caused archer to choose these 2 sword as his favorites as there really no other such sword with histories like these two swords.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2009-10-14 at 23:40.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 13:40   Link #2332
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I had been lurking in the sub forum of this show but I want to get into the series although I don't where to start. Considering that there is an anime that is based of the game that in unfortunately way too big for my little computer, there are a lot of things that make no sense to me if I don't play the game or the anime will confuse me. Where do I start with this series?
Old 2009-10-17, 19:19   Link #2333
rastilin

Quote:
I had been lurking in the sub forum of this show but I want to get into the series although I don't where to start. Considering that there is an anime that is based of the game that in unfortunately way too big for my little computer, there are a lot of things that make no sense to me if I don't play the game or the anime will confuse me. Where do I start with this series?
The best advice is to play the game if you can do so and ignore the anime series completely. Then read Fate/Zero and Hollow Ataraxia.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:10   Link #2334
orangejuicetang

I just want to point out that the anime series by itself is actually decent. The problem is that when it is compared to it's source material, the visual novel, it appears to be really bad. It's possible to watch the anime first and then enjoy the visual novel, but probably not to read the visual novel first and then enjoy the anime.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 12:24   Link #2335
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Watch the anime, figure out as much as you can.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 13:09   Link #2336
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
For me I started with the anime (not even knowing about the visual novel). Then I went to the visual novel and the transition was completely fine for me, so I don't think it should make any huge difference where you start. You just may be taken back by how much more extensive the visual novel is plotwsie compared to the anime (if the anime is what you start with).

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-10-20 at 14:10.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 13:14   Link #2337
Aqua Knight

^Same as me , so watch the anime first.
And VN is compulsory, but after only.
Old 2009-10-20, 15:12   Link #2338
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Yeah, you'll be able to wring out more enjoyment if you watch the anime first, since you can then play the game. You do both. But if you play the game first you probably won't feel like watching the anime as much.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 01:28   Link #2339
Fuuma

How fast does Archer's Broken Phantasms go when he fire's them?
Fuuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 19:49   Link #2340
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
How fast does Archer's Broken Phantasms go when he fire's them?
it was mentioned in hollow ataraxia that his shots in this case hrunting was going at Mach 12+ or 4080m/s at sea level.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote