*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthisgame View Post
So when is the next chapter coming out? o_o
Should be around 9th January
Old 2012-01-08, 02:18   Link #1722
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

the chapter left me in a coma after reading it. my yuri goggles just wasn't able to handle it all, LOL.

yes, i was expecting some MugIre shiptease but not that extreme. goodness gracious. thank the gods i'm still alive LOL. man, shipping this pairing is so good <<333

and i never thought it was all of sumire-chuan's fault that my mugi-swann ended up having such 'Visions' LOL. it's so cute to see their past and their interaction was so yuri. gahhh!!

here's to hoping that the college chap has some mitsu. XDD

MOAR MUGI ONEEEEEE-CHAAAANN!! xDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Man, Sumire is like the next level of Mio-moe-moe-kyun-ness. I hereby declare myself fanclub member number 0000001.
i am the best-est fan..and no, you can't disagree!! i'm gonna--
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 02:33   Link #1723
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^ Hahah...

I hope they do a good job casting Sumire, I want an eargasm when I hear Sumire say oneechan!!
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 02:08   Link #1724
Pachael
原作通り

Even Ui was impressed!

That last line was great: 'The light music club is made of tea and sweets and fun times'. So fluffy~
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:38   Link #1725
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Perhaps I'm thinking too far ahead, but here goes:
Spoiler for speculation about the future:
Old 2012-01-09, 04:42   Link #1726
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I remembered Ui's inner thinking when Yui asked where she'd go after she graduates: "I'll go to wherever you went" so yes, there's a high probability.

But in the other hand, we don't know how the story will develop. I personally want Azusa make her own band and IMO She seems to be enjoying her own club more and become less attached to her seniors. Ui could probably develop this kind of thinking as well since Yui could take care of herself (and she has Akira and everyone else too XD). While Jun... although she idolizes Mio, I don't think she's that fond of her.

I'm also thinking what'll happen to Nao and Sumire~ 2 years gap to their seniors is quite a time indeed.

I'm thinking if they'll have a good performance by the time of their first concert, they might want to go independently. Especially Azusa, since she had experienced playing with her seniors

Whichever is fine IMO, although I also wanted to see the reunion of Yui/Ui and Mugi/Sumire
Old 2012-01-09, 14:57   Link #1727
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Ui and Jun will probably form their own band. Jun doesn't "appear" to be the college type either. Azusa fate is sealed. She will be with HTT FOREVER.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 15:09   Link #1728
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It might be amusing to have Sumire recruit two new people after Azusa graduates...one First year and one Third Year. The Third Year being someone ho remembers HTT but was someone who didn't feel "good enough" to join the band even with Azusa still in it. Maybe one of those generic First Years from the Jazz Club in the anime. They seemed kind of fangirl-ish and trained under Azusa, Jun, and Ui. She's fill the Yui roll for a year.
The First Year can be someone to fill a role. Be funny if that role was leadership, since Sumire and Nao don't seem like leader types.

Of course that is if it is decided to continue to keep a manga on the High School Light Music Club, and its revolving door of new members, while also keeping up with the original four + Azusa. It could generate spinoffs, or it could just follow until either there are not enough members (club dies), or the characters aren't interesting enough to follow (aside from Sawako), so then that chapter ends and the mangas follow the remaining interesting band members into college and/or life.
Old 2012-01-09, 15:53   Link #1729
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Of course that is if it is decided to continue to keep a manga on the High School Light Music Club, and its revolving door of new members,
Oh God, I hope that doesn't happen. That is my number one fear for the future of K-On. End the High School part when Azusa graduates, please.
Old 2012-01-09, 17:16   Link #1730
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That might depend on just how popular Sumire gets. Or Nao...though at this point Sumire is the new draw.
Old 2012-01-09, 17:43   Link #1731
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
well this is my speculation, if the OP/ED in the anime are them in the future making music videos then I'm guessing Azusa will reunite with the band, and Ui/Jun taking there separate ways in terms of there band.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:03   Link #1732
Goggen

Quote:
That might depend on just how popular Sumire gets. Or Nao...though at this point Sumire is the new draw.
I like Sumire, too, but not so much that I'd want the HS manga to keep going just for her sake. Ideally, I'd like to see it end with Azusa's graduation (and why not? At that point, their band is history anyway, with three out of five members leaving. And I don't think we need to see a new band form every year.) and then have Azusa rejoin HTT. Sumire should still be able to appear from time to time, considering the Mugi connection.
Old 2012-01-10, 02:02   Link #1733
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Endless HS manga would become tedious and would do more harm than good, IMO. At some point, you'll have to let go, as hardly any ties with the original LMC members will be left and no one will care about them anymore.

I don't see why Nao and Sumire couldn't just go join a different music club after Azusa, Ui and Jun graduate. Remember that Jun came from a Jazz Club before joining Azusa's LMC, I'm sure the opposite would work as well. And even if they don't, maybe they'll find something else they have in common and make their own club.
Old 2012-01-10, 02:57   Link #1734
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Again it depends on how popular the characters are. If they are popular enough to be worth keeping around on their own (and thus sell more manga) then it is logical to keep the HS manga going until the popular characters are out. If the any new characters prove to not be popular, than you only focus the remaining popular characters until you find a good spot to end that series.\

Sumire and Nao might be popular, but continuing the Light Music Club might not be (thought Sawako wants her tea and cakes). They might still be followed even if they don't continue the club (thus the manga shifts to being about them instead of the club, so that when they leave school the manga ends). While the other Manga continues as normal following Yui, Ritsu, Mugi, Mio, and Azusa.

If Sumire and Nao were still popular even without a Light Music Club, they either get a spin off, or join the rest of HTT later on, either as college students, or something simpler (groupies)
Old 2012-01-10, 04:57   Link #1735
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I too wouldn't want to see the manga continue for any longer that it should. Whilst I like all the characters, old and new, it will probably become increasingly difficult for Kakifly to come up with new characters that are not only likeable, but also at least feel original with their own quirks and what not.
Something else I've been thinking about:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-10, 11:35   Link #1736
teja208
Critical fanboy

I agree that it is too early to worry about continuation after Azusa graduated. However one thing I think Kakifly hadn't expected is sudden rising in popularity of Sumire above other new characters. She is like a second coming of Mio as potential darkhorse of new characters and this could be a problem latter on if fans demand her appearances. This is something which Kakifly can't even control. I guess having so many fans is a blessing as well as a burden in itself.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 12:21   Link #1737
risto90

Cool

i would like to see Sawako High School Days in manga version....

Last edited by risto90; 2012-01-10 at 12:32.
risto90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 14:28   Link #1738
trenton_dawn
Silt

I'm with blaze—I always thought the 2 series would converge at some point. I mean, obviously Azusa and Ui are going to want to join up with the college four at some point (and probably Jun too). Either that or their bands become rivals or something (seems unlikely, though).
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 19:11   Link #1739
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sumire and Nao might be popular, but continuing the Light Music Club might not be (thought Sawako wants her tea and cakes). They might still be followed even if they don't continue the club (thus the manga shifts to being about them instead of the club, so that when they leave school the manga ends). While the other Manga continues as normal following Yui, Ritsu, Mugi, Mio, and Azusa.

If Sumire and Nao were still popular even without a Light Music Club, they either get a spin off, or join the rest of HTT later on, either as college students, or something simpler (groupies)
Agreed with this and also the converging thing. By the time Azusa's and her seniors reunified (if they do choose the same university), I'm thinking that it isn't really necessary to continue Nao and Sumire's club they might make a cameo appearance every now and then in the university manga. Or simply just cut-off the story for a moment and have them also join the same university 2 years later (now that'd be very crowded )

I think the degree of attachment to the HS club will still be a quite determining factor. Up to this point, Nao and Sumire already seemed to enjoy their club very much~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risto90 View Post
i would like to see Sawako High School Days in manga version....
Haha, very true I was thinking of this too as an alternative continuation of the series when the manga ended
Old 2012-01-10, 19:21   Link #1740
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Of course Azusa now knows more about Mugi than Yui's group (maybe).

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life