Double 120%
Double Your Fun

What does "GM" stand for?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 10:51   Link #62
justavisitor

Gundam Mass produce??

They have the weaker armour, weaker gun... weaker in everything XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 11:12   Link #63
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Gundam Mass produce??

They have the weaker armour, weaker gun... weaker in everything XD
And one eye. Masked by a visor to differentiate them from Zaku monoeyes.
Old 2008-11-20, 12:40   Link #64
miles316

Smile

Quote:
if Zeon's ms had vulcan gun installed, they would have won the whole war a long time ago already. Amuro used vulcan to fend off zaku in the first episode.

In Char's counterattack, even Bright's son used vulcan gun to get the first kill.

Seriously, why Zeon keeps refusing to install vulcan gun in the head is beyond belief. It's a perfect weapon for defensive purpose and offensive purpose. Especially considering that Zeon's pilot are all newbies in the later episodes, vulcan should be installed to help those newbies.

So if you ask me, I would say it's vulcan gun that makes the difference
In mobile suit a vs mobile suit combat small caliber Gatling/Vulcan guns are little more than a distraction. Other than Noah's miraculous kill no other MS as killed another suit in MS vs MS combat. Amuro killed his first mobile suit with a beam saber not a Vulcan cannon. Gundam pilots can use them to attack bases destroy planes, helicopters, missiles, tanks. I think in the 8th MS team on the DVD their is a additional scene were one of the gundams takes out a ZAKU head camera with its Gatling cannon in its chest buy jumping out of the water with its rocket engines and hitting it from the top.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 12:48   Link #65
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles316 View Post
In mobile suit a vs mobile suit combat small caliber Gatling/Vulcan guns are little more than a distraction. Other than Noah's miraculous kill no other MS as killed another suit in MS vs MS combat.
No, in Char's Counterattack Amuro blasted huge holes in Geara Dogas with the Nu Gundam's head vulcans.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 13:02   Link #66
miles316

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
No, in Char's Counterattack Amuro blasted huge holes in Geara Dogas with the Nu Gundam's head vulcans.
OK you are correct I just haven't watch Chars's counterattack in a while. I think that is do to the in introduction to the moving frame technology. Mobile suit made before 0083 used heavy ballistic armor which are immune to small caliber weapons below 75 mm. With moving frame setup most of the armor has been removed except around the cockpit, reactor and joints. The reason for the adoption of moving frame tech was the large scale introduction of compact beam weapons.

Last edited by miles316; 2008-11-20 at 13:15.
Old 2008-11-21, 09:27   Link #67
Sander RX

Quote:
OK you are correct I just haven't watch Chars's counterattack in a while. I think that is do to the in introduction to the moving frame technology. Mobile suit made before 0083 used heavy ballistic armor which are immune to small caliber weapons below 75 mm. With moving frame setup most of the armor has been removed except around the cockpit, reactor and joints. The reason for the adoption of moving frame tech was the large scale introduction of compact beam weapons.
Not only that,but there is also the fact that Nu is BIG(22 meters if Im correct),so its Vulcans should also be bigger then your average ones and thus of greaterer barrel width.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 11:07   Link #68
miles316

Smile Vulcan head guns dont work on mobile suits

Justavisitor comment was that if Zion mobile suits in the one year war had been equipped with head Vulcan/Gatling gun that the Zion would have won the war long ago. Justavisitor had stated Amuro Rey had won his first MS vs MS battle using head Vulcan guns. I replied that he was mistaken that Amuro had used a beam saber to destroy his first Zaku and the Vulcan guns he fired did nothing to the Zaku other than distracting it. I was mistaken by stating that Hathaway Noah destroying his first MS was a miracle because I had not watched Chars counter attack for like a year, and other that Amuro and Hathaway who are both New Types have been the only people who have ever destroyed another mobile suit with a head Vulcan in combat. If I am wrong because i have not seen zeta gundam or gundamX their may have been situations were mobile suit pilots may have destroyed other mobile suits in combat please tell me.
Old 2008-11-21, 11:19   Link #69
justavisitor

I only said Amuro used vulcan guns to fend off Zaku...not destroyed...Amuro used vulcan guns to keep Zaku away so his gundam could stand up and fight. This is a good example actually of showing how vulcan guns could save the day. If the armour at that time can really withstand those bullet, then Zaku would not back off, then Amuro would not have a chance to make his gundam stand up and pull out the beam saber XD.

Plus, Zaku can use vulcan to destroy balls at least....and seriously damaging GM seems possible.

Vulcan should be a really simple and standard weapon....I mean what's the harm of installing it?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2008-11-21, 11:57   Link #70
miles316

Smile a few more bead balls would not have stopet the Fedes

Quote:
I only said Amuro used vulcan guns to fend off Zaku...not destroyed...Amuro used vulcan guns to keep Zaku away so his gundam could stand up and fight. This is a good example actually of showing how vulcan guns could save the day. If the armour at that time can really withstand those bullet, then Zaku would not back off, then Amuro would not have a chance to make his gundam stand up and pull out the beam saber XD.

Plus, Zaku can use vulcan to destroy balls at least....and seriously damaging GM seems possible.

Vulcan should be a really simple and standard weapon....I mean what's the harm of installing it?
The Zaku were packing Hundred mm plus assault rifle and could not stop the hoards of balls the Federation was sending against the Zion. A puny underpowered 60 mm round not going to do much more than kill a few more balls. A ball is gust the space equivalent of a attack helicopter I should have put it in with the planes, tanks and helicopters. The head Vulcan can only carry a limited amount of ammunition. the only reason the pilot decided to back off is because he did not now what was being fired at him being that it was a experimental weapons platform it did not take the Zion to realize that they were just glorified air craft guns in the head.

Last edited by miles316; 2008-11-21 at 12:23.
Old 2008-11-21, 11:58   Link #71
NyxOne

Except, of course, the Ball was inferior to just about everything Zeon fielded...
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 12:09   Link #72
miles316

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Except, of course, the Ball was inferior to just about everything Zeon fielded...

You just proved my point the Fed sacrificed hundreds to destroy the Zion forces equipping small caliber Vulcan to Zaku's would not have made any difference in the out come of the war.
Old 2008-11-21, 12:10   Link #73
NyxOne

No, my point is that Zakus didn't and don't need vulcans to destroy Balls, of all things.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 12:19   Link #74
miles316

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
No, my point is that Zakus didn't and don't need vulcans to destroy Balls, of all things.
I am sorry i shroud not have quoted your post.

Justavisitor and I have been having a running debate about if the Zion had equipped the Zaku with head mounted Vulcan guns it would have changed the outcome of the one year war. Justavisitor believes it would have won the war for Zion I don't.
Old 2008-11-21, 22:06   Link #75
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

With the GMs sporting Beam Spray guns... I don't see how equipping a Zaku with a head vulcan is going to make any difference. Gundams aside, head vulcans are mere fall-back weapons used when you're retreating or getting out of trouble.

Moreover, I don't think they'll be able to fit enough ammo into the Zaku's dome head, given it's size.
Old 2008-11-21, 22:17   Link #76
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
If Zeon fit any vulcan to Zaku,maybe an add-on or external pod will do like Titan do to Gundam MK II.Did Zeon fit head vulcan to their new MS?
Old 2008-11-21, 22:56   Link #77
justavisitor

Kampfler (sp) from 0080 is the only zeon ms that has the vulcan gun XD

vulcan gun can be useful in many situation, let me use one example: imagine you are a pilot of Dom in space and you have 5 rounds bazooka left....then you see a single ball in mid-range, would you waste that bazooka just for the ball? or use bazooka to take out more GM? If you let the ball pass, the ball may end up destroying something important....

If you have vulcan gun on Dom, then you can use vulcan gun to take out the ball and continue proceed your mission.

Sounds more and more like I am the advertiser for vulcan gun XD...just expressing my opinion

Edit: of course, I am assumnig the vulcan gun can defeat the ball....While the head Vulcan can only carry a limited amount of ammunition, but when you have hundreds of Mses that have the head vulcan, all of a sudden, your side will have a bit more firepower...

Last edited by justavisitor; 2008-11-21 at 23:19.
Old 2008-11-22, 00:30   Link #78
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Kampfler (sp) from 0080 is the only zeon ms that has the vulcan gun XD

vulcan gun can be useful in many situation, let me use one example: imagine you are a pilot of Dom in space and you have 5 rounds bazooka left....then you see a single ball in mid-range, would you waste that bazooka just for the ball? or use bazooka to take out more GM? If you let the ball pass, the ball may end up destroying something important....

If you have vulcan gun on Dom, then you can use vulcan gun to take out the ball and continue proceed your mission.

Sounds more and more like I am the advertiser for vulcan gun XD...just expressing my opinion

Edit: of course, I am assumnig the vulcan gun can defeat the ball....While the head Vulcan can only carry a limited amount of ammunition, but when you have hundreds of Mses that have the head vulcan, all of a sudden, your side will have a bit more firepower...
Point taken. I guess vulcan is important to a MS,it is a multi purpose weapon.I wonder if there are some pilot that can use vulcan as good as Amuro.
Old 2008-11-22, 01:58   Link #79
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

What about them heat hawks?
Old 2008-11-22, 19:12   Link #80
justavisitor

@Ravnen
Bright's son steal a mass-produce EF ms and kill a neo-zeon ms by using vulcan gun (it's also his very first ms-kill XD)

@StratoSpear
I don't know if you are responding to my Dom's example. If it is, then Dom doesn't have heat hawks, Dom has heated sabers XD. Those hawks or sabers are only for very close range. I would say the range of vulcan gun is a bit further than hand-combat weapon

Well, very busy these days and I won't be able to participate the vulcan-gun debate for the rest of november, best of luck to you all!!