AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-07, 01:22   Link #121
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 16:08.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 02:40   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So much moe.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 03:56   Link #123
James Rye

Souta is way too sexy as a magical girl. Which makes sense though given his age as a middle school boy.
Old 2016-10-07, 05:22   Link #124
Zefyris
図書館狼

Ah, in Mahoiku, a magical girl's outfit is naturally quite fanservicy, and non fanservicy outfits are considered as "irregular".
Rather than being fanservice for the readers (it's not since on the contrary most characters who get to be on covers or full pages collor illustrations are either those irregulars or at least not a lot fanservicy) I think it's more akin to "magical girls exist to make peoples happy" type of core idea for their existence. That's why they are young (their appearance varies from 8 to 17 years old, I'd say), incredibly pretty (always with perfect beauty), often with very brightly coloured outfits but also (especially when the "apparent age" is getting close of the higher part of the spectrum) showing a lot of skin. Mahou shoujo who looks very young usually have "very cute costume" rather than showing a lot of skin. Probably to bring "happiness" as a cute/adorable children rather than a beautiful young girl.

A magical girl who looks like she's in the higher part of the spectrum yet does not show skin or almost not is an irregularity. On this point, La Pucelle is simply a typical appearance and snow white isn't .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So much moe.
but he's a guy.
Old 2016-10-07, 05:34   Link #125
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
but he's a guy.
Sunnuvabitch!

That being said, boys can be moe as well.
Old 2016-10-07, 07:38   Link #126
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Ah, in Mahoiku, a magical girl's outfit is naturally quite fanservicy, and non fanservicy outfits are considered as "irregular".
Rather than being fanservice for the readers (it's not since on the contrary most characters who get to be on covers or full pages collor illustrations are either those irregulars or at least not a lot fanservicy) I think it's more akin to "magical girls exist to make peoples happy" type of core idea for their existence. That's why they are young (their appearance varies from 8 to 17 years old, I'd say), incredibly pretty (always with perfect beauty), often with very brightly coloured outfits but also (especially when the "apparent age" is getting close of the higher part of the spectrum) showing a lot of skin. Mahou shoujo who looks very young usually have "very cute costume" rather than showing a lot of skin. Probably to bring "happiness" as a cute/adorable children rather than a beautiful young girl.

A magical girl who looks like she's in the higher part of the spectrum yet does not show skin or almost not is an irregularity. On this point, La Pucelle is simply a typical appearance and snow white isn't .
I simply assumed that the point is that these costumes are real life versions of their in-game avatars, and therefore the various designs reflect their tastes, in which case it makes perfectly sense that the boy went for the sexier outfit.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 08:16   Link #127
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I simply assumed that the point is that these costumes are real life versions of their in-game avatars, and therefore the various designs reflect their tastes, in which case it makes perfectly sense that the boy went for the sexier outfit.
And you're probably correct, as I'm pretty sure for example that their name as a magical girl is their name ingame as well.

But even taking this in account, nothing stops the game itself to have mostly "fanservicy"outfits to choose from for "older" type of characters during the character creation. I also feel it's strange that according to Souta, SnowWhite's appearance is exactly the same as the drawing she made long ago. What are the chances of the game actually proposing you the exact accessory for this to be possible? Maybe the game actually propose you a selection that isn't the same for each person. It is, after all, not a simple game but a game directly related to making real magical girl as a result, with the person avatar becoming the appearance of the magical girl. So there's magic involved in the whole process, probably. Wouldn't surprise me if the players are "guided" subtly during the character creation. if someone who wants to create a "mahou shoujo that looks like a knight" only have fanservicy outfits to choose from that fit the bill, he won't have a choice on that matter.

Well, this is merely supposition but I wouldn't be surprised if there was that kind of mechanism, in order to keep the "tendency".
I mean there's like 99% + of the magical girls who are really women right, since men are very rare from what we got in this episode. If mostly men were to choose that type of fanservicy outfit, then most real mahou shoujo wouldn't be with that kind of outfits.
Old 2016-10-07, 12:26   Link #128
Magewolf

Quote:
And you're probably correct, as I'm pretty sure for example that their name as a magical girl is their name ingame as well.

But even taking this in account, nothing stops the game itself to have mostly "fanservicy"outfits to choose from for "older" type of characters during the character creation. I also feel it's strange that according to Souta, SnowWhite's appearance is exactly the same as the drawing she made long ago. What are the chances of the game actually proposing you the exact accessory for this to be possible? Maybe the game actually propose you a selection that isn't the same for each person. It is, after all, not a simple game but a game directly related to making real magical girl as a result, with the person avatar becoming the appearance of the magical girl. So there's magic involved in the whole process, probably. Wouldn't surprise me if the players are "guided" subtly during the character creation. if someone who wants to create a "mahou shoujo that looks like a knight" only have fanservicy outfits to choose from that fit the bill, he won't have a choice on that matter.

Well, this is merely supposition but I wouldn't be surprised if there was that kind of mechanism, in order to keep the "tendency".
I mean there's like 99% + of the magical girls who are really women right, since men are very rare from what we got in this episode. If mostly men were to choose that type of fanservicy outfit, then most real mahou shoujo wouldn't be with that kind of outfits.
It's magic, it is not a real game. So I have no problem with it having just the right assets to make their dream costumes.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 12:54   Link #129
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
It's magic, it is not a real game. So I have no problem with it having just the right assets to make their dream costumes.
That's not the point, the costumes are an imitation of their in-game avatars, and the game is a regular free mobile game everyone plays without suspecting it's really a facade for this, urban legends aside. Still, I don't find it unbelievable that in a game with enough accessories and details you can achieve a good approximation of a design you drew up earlier.

Old 2016-10-07, 13:23   Link #130
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Heh, this topic about the game reminded me of a particular episode of The Librarians where they had to deal with a magical wish-granting app

Eitherway...the next episode should explain why they need to reduce the number of magical girls in half
And down the road, find out the truth about the mobile game as well
Old 2016-10-07, 13:45   Link #131
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
And down the road, find out the truth about the mobile game as well
It's probably written in Python.

Old 2016-10-07, 15:25   Link #132
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
That's not the point, the costumes are an imitation of their in-game avatars, and the game is a regular free mobile game everyone plays without suspecting it's really a facade for this, urban legends aside. Still, I don't find it unbelievable that in a game with enough accessories and details you can achieve a good approximation of a design you drew up earlier.
Especially since Snow White's design isn't exactly out there.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 17:30   Link #133
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So if gender doesn't matter, maybe age doesn't either?
Old 2016-10-07, 17:45   Link #134
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
So if gender doesn't matter, maybe age doesn't either?
If there's an old man who transforms into magical girl I'll laugh my ass off .

Old 2016-10-07, 19:16   Link #135
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
If there's an old man who transforms into magical girl I'll laugh my ass off .
I won't answer for mahoiku, but no matter the answer for mahoiku, I know at least a japanese novel with a 30/40-ish years old fat bearded man who transform into a magical girl and is still a fat bearded old man after the transformation. You never see magical girls the same way after that
Old 2016-10-07, 19:38   Link #136
FrejaOne

I wonder how many novels they will squeeze into the anime because my brain's gonna die if I get one more unfinished anime like ReZero (read our 10385866 light novels in order to understand what happened in episode 1) or an endless show like Wixoss (next season coming in 2017..2018..2058).

Is there a place where one can spoil themselves regarding the LNs? I'm actually insanely curious how a simple survival game with limited super powered opponents can last for several volumes, the author must have done some kind of twist.
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 19:59   Link #137
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalGoddess View Post
I wonder how many novels they will squeeze into the anime because my brain's gonna die if I get one more unfinished anime like ReZero (read our 10385866 light novels in order to understand what happened in episode 1) or an endless show like Wixoss (next season coming in 2017..2018..2058).

Is there a place where one can spoil themselves regarding the LNs? I'm actually insanely curious how a simple survival game with limited super powered opponents can last for several volumes, the author must have done some kind of twist.
Spoiler for Information from official sources about content of the anime; no content spoilers:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-10-08 at 18:08. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 01:36   Link #138
OkamiNoKaze

So a magical trap, and the unholy fusion of Monokuma and Kyubee.
Old 2016-10-08, 03:12   Link #139
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not really getting any Monokuma or Kyubey vibes from this guy.

Monokuma is quite overt in how sadistic he is. And Kyubey doesn't even understand what sadism is, and his way of deceiving people tends to be "just not telling the whole truth". This cute little critter seems to clearly be lying about what's going on.
Old 2016-10-08, 03:59   Link #140
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I'm not really getting any Monokuma or Kyubey vibes from this guy.

Monokuma is quite overt in how sadistic he is. And Kyubey doesn't even understand what sadism is, and his way of deceiving people tends to be "just not telling the whole truth". This cute little critter seems to clearly be lying about what's going on.
Well, we still haven't seen his true face. Let's wait until the next episode. Anyway the "Monokuma+Kyubey" thing is more a reference to his visual design and role in the story, not his (at the moment non-existent) personality.

Tags
battle royale, magical girl, mahou shoujo, tragedy